【www.5ykj.com - 莲山课件】
1. --- do you go to school?
--- I go to school bus.
A. How; by B. How; take C. What; by D. What; take
2. Great changes in our hometown in the last ten years.
A. have happened B. have been taken place
C. have been happened D. have taken place
3. --- Do you know the meaning of these new words?
--- Sorry, I don't. Let's in the dictionary.
A. look after them B. look up them
C. look them after D. look them up
4. It's too . I don't think you can get to school on time, you take a taxi.
A. late; unless B. late; if C. early; unless D. early; if
5. The thief often things from this factory.
A. steals B. treats C. punishes D. spreads
6. Many kids enjoy chocolate. But it's bad for their teeth.
A. eat B. to eat C. eating D. to eating
7. The Dragon Boat Festival is a festival China.
A. tradition; of B. traditional; of
C. tradition; at D. traditional; at
8. I Linda will get good grades because she has worked hard for a long time.
A. ask that B. ask if
C. believe that D. believe whether
9. Li Ming is in poor health. He should pay more attention exercise.
A. to take B. to taking C. for taking D. in taking
10. Can you tell me to the post office?
A. where get B. where to get C. how get D. how to get
11. Please tell me to improve my English.
A. what I can do B. what can I do C. how I can do D. how can I do.
12. Mr. Wang used to dinner in the restaurant, but now he is used to every meal with his family at home.
A. have; eat B. have; eating
C. having; eat D. having; eating
13. Mary is very shy. She goes out and she has few friends.
A. often B. always C. seldom D. usually
14. —How do you usually go to school?
—I take a bus, but I walking now.
A. was used to; am used to B. am used to; used to
C. used to; am used to D. used to; use to
15. —Could you tell me _____________________________?
—Sure. It’s near the bank on the other side of the street.
A. how to the post office B. where is the post office
C. where the post office is D. when the post office was built
More than 3,000 languages are spoken in the world. Of all these languages, English is the most widely used. When English is used, it has also 16 many new words from other languages. For example, Americans borrowed “cookbook” from German(德语). They 17 borrowed “tofu” and “kowtow” from Chinese.
As we all know, there are 18 between western culture and Chinese culture. We can learn about those words by comparing how certain words are used. 19 , “you are a lucky dog” means you are a lucky person. To describe a person who is 20 , they say, “sick as a dog”. On the other hand, Chinese people love cats very much. But in western culture, “cat” is sometimes used to describe a woman that is 21 . The rose is considered as a symbol of love in both China and some western countries. People think the rose stands for love and 22 .
China, a country with the largest population in the world, has 23 more people to learn English. By the 1990s, English learning has been very 24 with Chinese people. Many of them have done quite well in English.
Now students are required to learn English and people think the study of English is a very important industry in China 25 in the rest of the world. The English language has played an important part in our lives.
16. A. taken back B. taken out C. taken off D. taken in
17. A. even B. also C. perhaps D. probably
18. A. advantages B. records C. effects D. differences
19. A. In fact B. In some ways C. For example D. As a result
20. A. ill B. lazy C. afraid D. selfish
21. A. kind-hearted B. pretty C. cruel D. helpful
22. A. sadness B. attraction
C. disappointment D. friendship
23. A. ordered B. encouraged C. told D. taught
24. A. interested B. tired C. popular D. enjoyed
25. A. as far as B. as well as C. as much as D. as long as
Here are some tips on listening. We hope it can help you in one way or other.
● Relax yourself.
Before you start to listen to something", you need to relax. Don't get nervous or excited. This will help you with your listening.
● Listen carefully to the first sentence.
The first sentence tells a lot about the whole passage. For example, if at the very beginning, you hear "Many shops in many parts of China have decided to talk a-way all kinds of Japanese goods off their shelves but some people say it's not a good idea. Our reporter says..." you know you will hear a piece of news, not a children's story, or a science report.
● Think when you're listening.
When you're listening, try to do some thinking. For example, you can think of the following questions: What happened When, where and how? What was the result and what does the speaker want to tell us? This way, you may understand the passage better.
● Listen for important facts.
It's important for you to remember some important facts. For example, if the passage is a science report, you should try to remember its findings and how the scientists got their results.
● Don't think about one or two words for too long.
You may hear some words that you don't know, but don't spend too much time on them. Very often, you'll find out what they mean later when you go on with the listening. But you can remember some words or sentences that you think are important, and you can use them when you're answering the questions.
26. This whole passage is mainly about .
A. tips on thinking B. tips on finding the facts
C. tips on listening D. tips on remembering words
27. It's better for you to keep when you begin to have a listening exam.
A. excited B. relaxed C. nervous D. worried
28. The sentence "Many shops in many parts of China have decided to take away all kinds of Japanese goods off their shelves..." seem to be .
A. the first sentence of a piece of news
B. a tip on reading
C. the end of a piece of news
D. a tip on speaking
29. When you're listening, it's important for you to remember .
A. every word B. every sentence
C. some important facts D. the whole passage
30. Who is the passage the most helpful to?
A. Foreign language learners B. Doctors
C. Scientists D. Journalist
In the 13th century, the famous Italian traveler, Marco Polo, traveled a long way to China. During his stay in China, he saw many wonderful things. One of the things he discovered was that Chinese used paper money. In western countries, people did not use paper money until the 15th century. However, people in China began to use paper money in the 7th century.
A Chinese man called Cai Lun invented paper almost 2,000 years ago. He made it from wood. He took the wood from trees and made it into paper. He then put these pieces of paper together and made them a book.
Now paper still comes from trees. We use a lot of paper every day. If we keep on wasting so much paper, there will not be any trees left on the earth. If there are no trees, there will be no paper. Every day, people throw away about 2,800 tons of paper in our city. It takes 17 trees to make one ton of paper. We must start using less paper now. If we don’t, we will not have enough time to grow more trees to take the place of those we use for paper. So how can we save paper? We can use both sides of every piece of paper, especially when we are making notes. We can choose drinks in bottles instead of those in paper packets. We can also use cotton handkerchiefs（手帕）and not paper ones. When we go shopping, we can use fewer bags. If the shop assistant does give us a paper bag, we can save it and reuse (再用) it later.
31. What did Marco Polo do when he was in China?
A. He discovered Cai Lun invented paper. B. He learned to make paper.
C. He saw many wonderful things. D. He read a lot of books.
32. When did people in western countries first use paper money？
A. In the 17th century. B. In the 15th century.
C. In the 13th century. D. In the 7th century.
33. Which of the following is NOT the way of saving paper?
A. To use both sides of every piece of paper.
B. To use the paper bags from shops more than once.
C. To use cotton handkerchiefs instead of paper ones.
D. To plant more trees.
34. If you want to look after the children well, you should be p . The children today are very naughty(淘气的).
35. --- What do you often do during the Spring Festival?
--- I often visit my r and friends.
36. --- Hi, Wang Mei. Here's your letter. The s on it is very great. Can you give it to me? You know I have collected them for two years.
--- Of course. Here you are.
37. --- Is everyone here?
--- Yes, Mr. Green. No one is a .
38. --- You can a the accident if you drive your car slowly, Jim.
--- Yes, you're right. I'm very sorry about it, sir.
39. Tom told them (polite) to leave him in peace.
40. --- Do you know Liu Shenglan?
--- Yes, I do. He is very kind and (help).
41. Don't shout at your mother. Your parents should be spoken to (polite).
42. Although the man was a (strange), I tried my best to help him.
43. --- Some people think that it's not useful to learn much (know). What about you?
--- I don't think so. We should try our best to learn all the subjects well.
用途：1. 可以学习、工作。 2. 可以查找大量信息。
3. 可以通过电子邮件和亲友联系。4. 可以听歌、玩游戏来放松。