1. Mary lives in the room, the door _____ opens east.
A. of it B. of which C. of that D. whose
2. The engineer _____ my father is talking has just come from abroad.
A. with whom B. with who C. with which D. that
3. He lives in a hotel, _____ is only five minutes’ walk from here.
A. that B. which C. in which D. where
4. Is there anything _____ I can do for you?
. A. which B. who C. as D. that
5. The speaker will tell us about some writers and their works _____are known to us.
A. which B. that C. as D. who
6. This is the reason _____ they are all against the plan.
A. which B. that C. why D. what
7. It was not until late in the evening _____ the traveler found a hotel.
A. which B. that C. as D. where
8. I didn’t like the way _____ she spoke to me.
A. which B. that C. how D. as
9. This is _____ I can do for you right now.
A. which B. that C. what D. as
10. It was at our college library _____ I borrowed the novel.
A. which B. in which C. that D. where
11. I have seen trees, _____ open at sunrise and close at sunset.
A. which the leaves B. of which leaves C. whose leaves D. its leaves
12. All _____ is needed is a supply of oil.
A. the thing B. that C. what D. which
13. The foreign guests, _____ were scientists, were warmly welcomed at the airport.
A. most of whom B. most of them C. most of which D. most of those
14. On the train I saw a student _____ I thought was your sister.
A. who B. whom C. which D. that
15. Is the river _____ through the town very long?
A. flows B. that flows C. which flow D. the one flows
16. Is this college _____ they went to last year?
A. that B. which C. the one D. the one what
17. Is this the university _____ you visited last time?
A. that one B. which C. the one D. the one what
18. I’d like to tell you _____ I saw in the exhibition.
A. which B. that C. what D. /
19. I hope that the little _____ I have been able to do has been of some use.
A. which B. that C. what D. for which
20. Who _______ has common sense will do such a thing?
A. which B. that C .whose D. whom
21 The bike and its rider _____ had knocked down the boy were taken to the police.
A. who B .that C. which D. whom
22. Put the letter ______ he can find it easily.
A. in which B. at which C. where D. which
23. This is the very letter _____ I am looking for .
A. which B. that C. as D. what
24. Tom didn’t attend the meeting, ________ we expected.
A. where B. that C. as D. what
25. I will give you such information _______ will help you.
A. which B. that C. as D. what
26. This is the best hotel in the city ____ I know.
A. which B. that C. where D. it
27. The lady ____ is a woman scientist.
A. whom you spoke B. with which you spoke C. whom you said to D. you spoke to
28. This is the third week _____ the dustmen haven’t come for the rubbish.
A. that B. when C. which D. on which
29. He is the only one of the students _________ the truth.
A. who know B. who knows C. that know D. who are knowing
30. Did they find they went back________ ?
A. where had they been B. where were they C. where they had been D. where they were
31. To get the job started, ______ I need is your permission.
A. only what B. all what C. all that D. only that
32. My father bought me several books, but _____ was interesting.
A. most of them B. none of them C. none of which D. neither of which
33. “Thirty-nine Steps” is one of the most exciting films ____ directed by Alfred Hotchcock.
A. which was B. that was C. that were D. which were
34. All of the plants now raised on farms have been developed from the plants _____ wild.
A. once they grew B. they grew once C. that once grew D. once grew
35. Those _____ were not fit for their work could not see the beautiful clothes.
A. who B. that C. which D. whose
36. The children themselves were calm enough; _____ the parents that got into a
panic. A. in spite of B. those were C. it was D. however
37. It is many years _____ we met last in London
A. since B. when C. that D. which
38. She’ll be on the same train _____ I am on today.
A. as B. like C. with D. that
39. When people talk about the cities of US, the first _____ comes into mind is New York
A. city B. of them C. one D. that
40. Is there anyone in your class _____ family is in the city?
A. which B. whose C. what D. who
41. He hasn’t got enough money with _____ he can buy the computer.
A. that B. which C. it D. whom
42. Winter is the time of year _____ the days are short and nights are long.
A. that B. which C. when D. whose
43. Football, _____ is a very interesting game, is played all over the world.
A. that B. which C. it D. who
BABDB CBBCD CBAAB CBCBB BCBCC BDABC CBCCA CADDB BCB
1-5 BABDB 6-10 CBBCD 11-15 CBADA 16-20 BCBCA
21-25 BACCC 26-30 BBBBC 31-35 CBBBB 36-40 CBDCD
41-45 CABBB 46-50 DBDAD 51-55 DAABC 56-60 CBCBC
61-65 BCBAB 66-70 ACBDC 71-75 DABCC 76-80 ACCDA
81-85 ADDAA 86-90 CCCAA 91-95 BCADB 96-100 CBCDB