The crowd at the airport surged forward. The passengers had been waiting for a couple of hours for an airline employee to open the door leading to the plane outside. No one was in a good mood. An old man got trapped in the middle of the rush. He fell down without being able to break his fall. His head hit the concrete floor. Blood gushed from his forehead. He appeared to be unconscious. Everyone rushed past him, except for Dana. She called for help.
A minute later, a young airline employee showed up. Hardly looking at the old man, she told Dana to get aboard her plane. She said the old man would be okay, and walked away.
Dana screamed for help. An airport supervisor appeared. He told Dana to get on the plane. Dana said that she was not moving until an ambulance arrived. The supervisor said her plane would leave without her. Dana said that she didn’t care.
An ambulance and two paramedics finally arrived. The paramedics said that the man would be okay, but he would need stitches. They put him into the ambulance and drove off.
On her way out to the plane, which was still refueling, Dana saw the employee who had initially ignored the old man. The employee said, “You’re lucky the plane didn’t leave without you.”
“The plane?” Dana asked. “Who cares about the plane? How could you be so cold? That was an old man; he could have been your grandfather! How would you like it if everyone just stepped over your grandfather and went on their way?”
1. Although she is young, she is very i________. She seldom relies on others to decide.
2. The clothes a person wears may express his s_______ or social position.
3. Don’t m________ me. Actually, I am very grateful for all you’ve done.
4. F________ speaking, I am not surprised that you failed this time.
5. Fresh air will be b________ to your health recovery.
6. The ability to keep calm in an emergency is one of her many _________（长处）.
7. We students should be fully aware of the __________（重要意义）of learning English well.
8. With these severe __________（限制）on her communication, Helen’s behavior was often unbearable.
9. Don’t （犹豫）to call me if you need any help.
10. Our tour guide will （陪同，伴随）you and tell you everything you need to know.
In my free time, I really like surfing the Internet. When I get home from work, I turn on my computer, wait until it boots up__1____ (complete), and then I go online. I usually check my email first and then write a few messages __2____ family and friends. I sometimes scan the local news headlines at ___3___ favorite news Website and read up on the latest local and international news. This Website often provides video news clips____4___ you can view online. I sometimes order products or service online to save money and time instead of going to a store and__5____(buy) what Im looking for. For example, I ___6____? (order)a digital camera online the other day and saved about $50. Whatever I do, I realize that there are problems__7_____ using the Internet including scams, identify theft, and viruses, so Im very careful not to give out my ____8_____ (person) information. Furthermore, I dont download or open files I dont recognize. __9____(use) the Internet can be fun and a convenient way of shopping and finding out new information, but you just need to be _____10___(care).
Beth, my favourite dog, was murdered on November 25th, 2006. Here I use the word “murder” without __1__, because I know the killers were my __2__ members. Though the dog was not as strong and beautiful as others, she __3__ my childhood and I loved her.
Beth was killed because she bit my __4__. Dad was so angry that he decided to kill her. I was unable to __5__ my father and I dared not look on at that moment.
But I can imagine how __6__ and painful she was when she was __7__ between life and death. She __8__ have been calling me for help. __9__, I could do nothing but cry.
Her death was caused by a bite, but has every one of my family thought why she went out of her __10__ to bite people that day? The person just moved into our community last week and Beth was not familiar with him. She bit him to keep her owner safe. Should we __11__ her life because of her __12__?
Human beings sometimes are selfish and __13__ to animals. When the animal is useful, they __14__ to be kind. But once the animal makes them angry or becomes useless, people __15__ it, alongside all sweet __16__ about it.
How terrible! How I wish God had told me the end of her life __17__. Even if there was only one day, I would have taken a day off to __18__ with her in the field. I’d untie the line around her __19__ and let her run free __20__ she was tired enough to go to sleep near my feet…
1. A. anger B. hesitation C. excuse D. complaint
2. A. family B. team C. human D. class
3. A. guided B. followed C. accompanied D. protected
4. A. classmate B. teacher C. friend D. neighbour
5. A. stop B. refuse C. persuade D. warn
6. A. disappointed B. separated C. helpless D. hopeless
7. A. struggling B. fighting C. shouting D. crying
8. A. should B. must C. could D. might
9. A. Instead B. Therefore C. However D. Besides
10. A. mind B. control C. place D. way
11. A. end B. kill C. complete D. give
12. A. kindness B. love C. mistake D. concern
13. A. cruel B. impolite C. rude D. stupid
14. A. determine B. appear C. pretend D. try
15. A. desert B. blame C. forget D. throw
16. A. events B. incidents C. memories D. laughs
17. A. before B. immediately C. in time D. in advance
18. A. walk B. relax C. communicate D. chase
19. A. neck B. head C. feet D. body
20. A. unless B. so C. until D. if
Last weekend, I helped my grandparents with their trip to the Dalian. In Saturday morning, together?with my grandparents, I search the Internet for the train schedule, the weather in Dalian, and some hotel informations. In the afternoon, they went to the train station and managed to buy two tickets for my grandparents although there had a long queue. After dinner, I packed the things into the suitcase, what my grandparents would need, such as clothes, glasses, an umbrella, a map. The next morning, I went to the station to see them off. Waved goodbye to them on the platform, I felt happily for them and wished them a safe journey.
1. independent 2. status 3. misunderstand 4. Frankly 5. beneficial
6. strengths 7. significance 8. restrictions 9. hesitate 10. accompany
1．completely 2．to 3．my 4．Which/that 5．buying 6．ordered 7．with 8．personal 9．Using 10．careful
1-5 BACDA 6-10 CABCD 11-15 ACABA 16-20 CDBAC
1. 去掉the 2. In-On 3. search?searched 4.informations-information
5. they-I 6. had-was 7. what-which 8. ∧a?and a map
9.Waved-Waving 10. happily-happy
Copyright© 2006-2020 主站 www.5ykj.com , All Rights Reserved 闽ICP备12022453号-30