Review of Units 3-4
1. —Hi, Tony. _______ is my friend, Jack.
—Hello, Jack! Nice to meet you.
A. He B. That C. This D. It
2. —________ bike is this?
—I think it’s Sally’s.
A. What B. Whose C. Where D. Who
3. —What does your brother look like?
A. Yes, he is tall. B. He is 20 years old.
C. No, he isn’t. D. He is tall.
4. Miss Wang teaches _______ English. We all like ________.
A. us; her B. we; her C. our; her D. we; she
5. —I’m hungry. May I have something to eat?
—OK. Here’s some ________.
A. orange B. bread C. water D. milk
6. —Is this ________ schoolbag, Michael?
—No, it isn’t. ________ is here.
A. your; My B. your; Mine C. yours; My D. yours; Mine
7. —Boys and girls, welcome to my home and ________.
A. help yourselves B. help yourself C. helps yourself D. help you
8. —How do you spell your name, please?
A. P-E-T-E-R, Peter. B. This is Peter. C. I’m Peter. D. You can call me Peter.
9. —Peter, we are good friends. We can help ____.
—Yes, you’re right.
A. other B. each C. each other D. every other
—It’s ten to eight.
A. What’s this? B. What’s the time?
C. What do you do? D. How do you like it?
—She is a nurse.
A. Who is your mother? B. Is your mother a nurse?
C. Where is your mother? D. What does your mother do?
—Some rice, please.
A. What about something to drink? B. Would you like to have lunch with me?
C. May I take your order? D. Can I help your order?
13. Look! Some visitors _______ for the bus over there.
A．are waiting B．is waiting C．waiting D．wait
14. —_________ do you go to school in the morning?
—At 7: 30.
A. What B. What time C. How D. Where
15. Be quick, _____ we’ll be late for school.
A．and B．but C．or D．so
Tom lives in New York．His father has a shop and his mother is a doctor．He is seven years old now，and begins 1 to school this autumn．It’s far 2 their shop and his father 3 him to school every day．So he 4 never late for school and his teachers all like him．
It’s Monday today．Miss Hunt is teaching them to 5 from one to ten．Sam is studying hard．Soon he can count 6 ．miss Hunt is happy and 7 ．
“How many people are there in your 8 ，Sam?”
Sam stands up and says，“Two，Miss Hunt．”
“ 9 are they?”
“my father and my mother．”
“Oh? ”Miss Hunt is surprised．She says，“There are three people in your family．”
“But now I am not 10 ．I am at school，you know!”
1．A．go B．goes C．to go D．go to
2．A．away B．from C．to D．around
3．A．walks B．brings C．carries D．drives
4．A．does B．is C．doesn’t D．isn’t
5．A．count B．want C．know D．ask
6．A．it B．them C．they D．its
7．A．answers B．says C．tells D．asks
8．A．house B．home C．family D．room
9．A．Whose B．What C．Which D．Who
10．A．at school B．in class C．at home D．after school
In many English homes people eat four meals a day. They have breakfast at any time from seven to nine in the morning. They eat porridge(粥) eggs or bread and drink tea or coffee at breakfast. Lunch comes at one o’clock. Afternoon tea is from four to five in the afternoon and dinner is about half past seven. First they have soup, then they have meat or fish with vegetables. After they eat some other things, like bananas, apples or oranges. But not all English people eat like that. Some of them have their dinner in the middle of the day. Their meals are breakfast, dinner, tea and supper and all these meals are very simple.
1. Many English people have _________________ meals a day.
A. two B. three C. four D. five
2. People may have _________ for their breakfast according to the passage.
A. tea and eggs B. hamburgers and tea C. coffee and salad D. eggs and fish
3. People have lunch at ______________.
A. any time B. nine C. five D. one
4. People don’t have ___________________ for their dinner.
A. bananas and apples B. soup and meat C. meat and fish D. porridge
5. Most Englishmen have dinner ________________.
A. at one B. at any time C. at noon D. in the evening
New York is the most exciting city in the United States. It is not only the center of commerce and business for the United States, but also one of the three “world cities”. Together with London and Tokyo, it controls the world’s finance. There are many high-rise business buildings in this city. People call them skyscrapers. The tallest skyscraper was the World Trade Center. It had 110 floors. Sadly, this building was destroyed（被摧毁）by the terrorist attack on Sep. 11, 2001, and yet, the glory and image of it still remain vividly（生动地）in the memory of the world people. The Empire State Building is not as tall as the World Trade Center, but it is the tallest building in New York City now. It has 102 floors. The skyscrapers in New York City are world-famous for their grandeur and their beautiful architecture（建筑）. Every year millions of people come to visit them.
6. What kind of city is New York? It is___________.
A. the biggest city B. the most beautiful city
C. the most exciting city D. the hottest city
7. Why is New York very important? Because __________.
A. it’s in the middle B. it controls the world’s finance
C. it controls the world’s banks D. it has many people
8. How do people call those high-rise buildings? They call them __________.
A. skycrapers B. skyscrapers C. skys D. scrapers
9. How many floors did the World Trade Center have? It had _________.
A. 112 B. 92 C. 102 D. 110
10. What is the Empire State Building famous for? It is _________.
A. the tallest B. beautiful and majestic C. the greatest D. the oldest
I’m very glad to get your letter. Thank you for telling me about your best friend Amy. In this letter I will tell you something about mine. My best friend is Trudy. She comes from England. She is 13 years old, one year older than both of us. Trudy is tall and slim. She has long, brown hair and blue eyes.
We always go to school together. We are not in the same grade. She is in Grade 8. She is helpful and polite. All her classmates and teachers like her very much. Her favorite lessons are Art and Music. She is good at singing. She always teaches me to sing English songs at lunchtime. She also does well in swimming. We are members of the Swimming Club. Every Tuesday and Thursday, we go to the club to practice together. Trudy is the best swimmer of the team. Our swimming coach（教练）Jean likes her very much.
Trudy has a sister, Daisy. She is 20 years old. Daisy is a pretty girl. She is a university（大学）student. At weekends, Daisy often takes us to the park to fly kites. We always have a good time there.
11．Lily’s best friend is ________.
A．Trudy B．Alice C．Daisy D．Amy
12．What does Trudy look like?
A．She is short but slim.
B．She has long and black hair.
C．She has brown hair and blue eyes.
D．She has long hair and brown eyes.
13．From the passage we know Alice is ________ years old.
A．11 B．12 C．13 D．14
14．Trudy ________ every Tuesday and Thursday.
A．goes to the park with Daisy
B．teaches Lily to sing English songs
C．goes to the swimming Club with Lily
D．flies kites with Lily and Daisy
15．Which of the following is NOT true according to the passage?
A．Lily and Trudy are good friends but not in the same grade.
B．Trudy is good at singing and can sing many English songs.
C．Trudy is the best swimmer of the swimming team.
D．Daisy is Lily’s sister and she is a university student.
One day an old man sells(出售)a big elephant. A young man comes to the elephant and begins to look at it slowly(慢慢地). The old man goes up to him and says near his ear.“Don’t say anything about the elephant before I sell it, then you can get some meat.”“All right.”says the young man. After the old man sells the elephant, he gives the young man some meat and asks,“How can you see the bad ears of the elephant?”“I don’t see the bad ears,”says the young man.“Then why do you look at the elephant slowly?”asks the old man. The young man answers,“Because I want to see what an elephant looks like.”
1. What does the old man sell?
2. Does the young man want to buy the elephant?
3. What does the young man get at last？
4. Does the elephant have two bad ears?
5. Why does the young man look at the elephant slowly?
I’m a student. ___________ her?
_______________the movie “Interstellar”.
The bus station _________ of the hospital.
______________ go swimming with us?
Do you need to______________ your speech?
1. I have black hair in a ponytail.(改否定句)
I________ _______black hair in a ponytail.
2. Today is July 5. (对画线部分提问)
______ ______ _______ today?
3. Tom likes swimming in summer.(对划线部分提问)
________ ________Tom like _________in summer?
4. Children’s Day is on June 1st. (对划线部分提问)
________is Children’s Day?
5. I like Chinese and English best.(同义句)
My are Chinese and English.
6. The new watch costs 80 Yuan.(对划线部分提问)
_______ _______ ________the new watch_______?
7. These are some old men. (改为单数形式)
_____ _____ ______ old man.
8. My brother plays chess with his friend after class. (改为否定句)
My brother _____ ______ chess with his friend after class
9. It’s time for lunch. (改为同义句)
It’s time __________ ___________ lunch.
10. My new e-mail address is email@example.com.(对画线部分提问)
______ ______ your new e-mail address?
Time subject how why
8：00 math difficult
9：10 English interesting
10：20 history boring
11：00 art funny
2：20 biology interesting
3：10 music relaxing
4：00 sports useful
Hello，everyone！I am a student of Class Three Grade Seven. Classes begin at 8：00. ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. C。介绍某人时常用句型This is ...，故选C。
2. B。 由答语“… it’s Sally’s.”可知上句问“这辆自行车是谁的？”，故选B。
3. D。What do(es)sb. look like? 用于提问某人的外貌。由题意可知只有D比较确切地回答了人的外貌特征，故选D。
4. A。在动词或者介词等之后需用人称代词充当宾语时, 常用人称代词的宾格形式。teach及 like都为动词，且根据题意其后应用宾语，故选A。
5. B。根据上句想要吃的东西，而橙汁，水及牛奶都是喝的东西，故排除ACD ，故选B。
7. A。 本题考查help oneself的用法。由Boys and girls可知, 此处oneself应为yourselves。help yourselves表示“请自便”，故选A。
8. A。How do/does sb. spell ... ? 的应答方式常为: 用连字符把应答词的大写字母顺连起来，故选A。
9. C。短语each other表示“互相”，故选C。
11. D。当询问某人的职业时, 一般有三种句型: ①What do/does sb. do? ②What +be+sb.? ③What’s one’s job(工作)？故选D。
13. A。由“Look!”可知，应用现在进行时；“Some visitors”作主语，谓语动词应用复数形式。
14. B。由答语可知是询问时间，What time表示“几点了, 什么时候”，常用于对时间提问，故选B。
1. C。“begin to do sth.” 意为开始做某事。
2. B。“far from…”表示离某地很远。
4. B。be late for school意为“上学迟到”，主语是三单，因此be用is。
5. A。从后面的“from one to ten”可知是在数数，因此选A。
6. B。代指十个数， 应该用复数代词；在此作宾语，应该用宾格形式；因此选B。
8. C。从下文“There are three people in your family．”可知上文在问他家有几口人。
10. C。从“I am at school”可知，Tom的意思是他此时不在家。
1. C。由“In many English homes people eat four meals a day.”可知。
2. A。由“They eat porridge(粥) eggs or bread and drink tea or coffee at breakfast.”可知。
3. D。由“Lunch comes at one o’clock.”可知。
4. D。由“First they have soup, then they have meat or fish with vegetables. After they eat some other things, like bananas, apples or oranges.”可知。
5. D。由“dinner is about half past seven”可知。
8. B。由“There are many high-rise business buildings in this city. People call them skyscrapers.”可知。
9. D。由“The tallest skyscraper was the World Trade Center. It had 110 floors.”可知。
10. B。由“The skyscrapers in New York City are world-famous for their grandeur and their beautiful architecture（建筑）.”可知。
11. A。由“My best friend is Trudy.”可知。
12. B。由“She has long, brown hair and blue eyes.”可知。
13. B。由“She is 13 years old, one year older than both of us.”可知。
14. C。由“Every Tuesday and Thursday, we go to the club to practice together. Trudy is the best swimmer of the team.”可知。
15. D。由“Trudy has a sister, Daisy.”可知。
1. A big elephant./ An elephant.
2. No, he doesn't.
3. Some meat.
4. Yes, it does.
5. Because he wants to see what an elephant looks like.
1. What about 2.Let’s watch 3.on the right
4.Would you like to 5. get ready for
1. don’t, have 2. What’s, the, date 3. What, does, doing 4. When
5. favorite, lessons 6. How, much, does, cost 7. This, is, an
8. doesn’t, play 9. to, have 10. What, is
Hello，everyone！I am a student of Class Three Grade Seven. Classes begin at 8：00. I have four classes in the morning. The first lesson is math. I don’t like it because I think it’s difficult. At 9：10 I have English. It’s my favorite subject. I think it’s interesting. I have history at 10：20. I think history is boring. So I don’t like it. At 11：00 I have art. It’s very funny.
In the afternoon，I have biology at 2：20. I like biology very much. It’s interesting. At 3：10 I have music. It’s relaxing. The last lesson is sports. It’s good for my health.