1. How did the man go to work today?
A. B. C.
2. What does the boy want to be ？
A. B. C.
3. Where are they talking?
A. B. C.
4. What did the boy design?
A. B. C.
5. Where will they go for a walk tomorrow?
A. On the beach. B. In the park. C. In the countryside.
6. What will happen if the man keeps singing loudly?
A. He will get tired. B. He will lose his voice. C. He will catch a cold.
7. Why does Amy want to buy the scarf?
A. She thinks it is beautiful. B. It will be warm in winter. C. It is very cheap.
8. What is the man looking for?
A. A bookshop called Sunshine. B. A block of flats called Sunnyside.
C. A shopping mall called Sunlight.
9. What has the man done many times before?
A. He has swum across the river. B. He has jumped over the gate.
C. He has climbed the tree.
10. How is Millie feeling?
A. Maybe she feels nervous. B. Maybe she feels ill. C. Maybe she feels sleepy.
11. What was Sophia like in middle school?
A. Tall and pretty B. Short and quiet C. Tall and quiet
12. What is the man interested in now?
A. Swimming B. Travelling C. Japanese
A personal information
Name David Smith
Age _____13_____ years old
Ideal working place ______15______, because he can get more money
13. A.19 B.20 C.21
14. A.June 12th B.July 12th C.Jan.12th
15. A.School B.Bank C.Hospital
16. How did Richard go to work at first in his dream?
A. By car. B. By taxi. C. On foot.
17. What happened on Richard's way to work in his dream?
A. Nobody answered his phone. B．He lost his phone. C．He got lost.
18. Where did Richard sleep?
A. In a workshop. B. On the road. C. In a taxi.
19. What was the weather like that day?
A. Rainy. B. Sunny. C. Cloudy.
20. What is Richard?
A. An actor. B. A director. C. A host
21.—The presidents of Korea and North Korea had ________ interview a short time ago.
—And it was ________ great success.
A. an; / B. the; a C. an; a D. the; /
22. —Do you know the young man was charged _____theft?
—But I don't think he is guilty ______that crime.
A. for; of B. with, of C. of; with D. with, for
23. —You _______ eat so much. It’s bad for your health. —____________.
A. ought to not, Not at all B. ought to not ,You’re welcome
C. don’t ought to, It doesn’t matter D. ought not to, Thanks for your advice
24. President Xi announced that we’d do what we could _________ Chinese dream _________.
A. make; came true B. to make; came true C. make; come true D. to make; come true
25. How nervous we are ________ the coming high school entrance exams _______ June 15th.
A. thinking of ; on B. to think of; on C. thinking of ; in D. to think of; in
26. —Have you finished your fashion design?
—Not yet. I’ll finish it if I ________ ten more minutes.
A. am given B. give C. will give D. will be given
27. —Do you think China will beat Japan in the next curling (冰壶) match?
—Yes, we have better players, so I _______ them to win.
A. hope B. except C. expect D. prefer
28. What difficulty I had _____ the dirty walls! I had no choice but to have it ____ again.
A. clean, paint B. cleaning, painting C. cleaned, to paint D. cleaning, painted
29. LeWu is an international school ,_____of the students _____ from foreign countries.
A. two-third; are B. second-thirds; is C. two-thirds; are D. two-three; is
30. —He’s never advised to achieve a balance between his job and hobbies, ________?
—_____. His parents and teachers often offer him advice to.
A. has he; Yes B. is he; Yes C. hasn’t he; No D. isn’t he; No
31. _____ good suggestion! I haven’t heard of ___ wonderful advice for a long time.
A. What a; such a B. What a; such C. How; such D. How; such a
32. —When the accident happened, many ________were passing by. So they told a lot to the police about it.
—Oh, we should write a report about them.
A. witnesses B. enemies C. suspects D. victims
33. —Do you know ________ this iPhone 6s belongs to? —Let me see. Oh, it’s ________.
A. who; mine B. whose; me C. whose; mine D. who; me
34. — The team really looks _______ better because the coach had them _______ every night this week.
— Practice makes perfect.
A. a little bit; practise B. a bit; practicing C. a bit of; to practise D. a little; practised
35. The two ladies are _______ the same age, but there seems to be ten years ______ them.
A. at; between B. about; among C. at; among D. of; between
36. He made up his mind to devote his life________ pollution ________happily.
A. to prevent; from living B. to prevent; to live
C. to preventing; from living D. to preventing; to live
37. —What's wrong with your uncle?
—We're sure ______ something is wrong with him, but we doubt ______ the disease can kill him.
A. if; whether B. that; that C. whether; if D. that; whether
38. Our English teacher is very strict _______ us and he is strict _______ his teaching.
A. with; at B. with; with C. at; at D. with; in
39. —He’s already back to Australia, _______? — ______. He is on a visit to Shanghai.
A. isn’t he; No B. hasn’t he; Yes C. isn’t he; Yes D. hasn’t he; No
40. —Do you know________? —All of them ________ the museum.
A. where are the students; have gone to B. where are the students; have been to
C. where the students are; have been to D. where the students are; have gone to
Dad lost his job after arguing with the boss, and when Christmas came that year, we had no money 41 . On Christmas Eve, Dad took me out into the park. I had a blanket wrapped around me, so I 42 to share it with Dad, but he said no thanks. We 43 at the sky. Those shining stars were one of the 44 treats for people like us who lived out in the wildness. Rich city people, he’d say, live in 45 flats, but their air was so polluted that they 46 not even see the stars.
“ 47 your favorite star.” Dad said that night. He told me I could have it for keeping. He said it was my Christmas 48 . “You can’t give me a star,” I said, “ 49 owns the stars.”
“That’s right,” Dad said, “But you can suppose it is yours. And when you do that, it is yours.”
I 50 my head, looked at the stars, and tried to figure out which was the best one. Then, I found one.
“I want that one.” I said.
Dad smiled. “That’s Venus (金星),” he said, “Venus was only a planet. She looked bigger and brighter because she was much 51 than the stars. Poor old Venus didn’t even make her 52 light. She shone only from reflected (反射) light.”
“I like it anyway,” I said, “I had loved Venus even 53 that Christmas. You could see it in the early evening, and if you got up early, you could still see it in the morning, after all the stars had disappeared.”
Dad said, “Ok, it’s Christmas. I 54 your decision. You can have it if you want.” And he gave me Venus.
We all laughed about the kids who believed in the Santa myth (圣诞传说) and got nothing for Christmas but a bunch of cheap plastic toys. “Many years later, when all the junk they got is broken and long forgotten,” Dad said, “you will 55 have your star.
41. A. at first B. at once C. at all D. at least
42. A. asked B. provided C. required D. offered
43. A. looked up B. looked for C. look out D. look after
44. A. strange B. special C. important D. impossible
45. A. fantastic B. ugly C. old D. poor
46. A. needed B. could C. should D. had better
47. A. pick up B. take out C. put out D. pick out
48. A. dinner B. card C. party D. present
49. A. Everybody B. Somebody C. Anybody D. Nobody
50. A. lowed B. put C. raised D. rose
51. A. slower B. farther C. closer D. higher
52. A. alone B. lonely C. strong D. own
53. A. when B. before C. after D. until
54. A. dislike B. refuse C. accept D. consider
55. A. even B. never C. already D. still
Have you ever noticed how busy our roads are becoming? Every year more and more cars are using them. Already in such countries as America, almost every family has a car. Many accidents happen because cars are now made to travel very fast. Also, people waste time and money every day as long lines of cars move slowly into towns and cities. In most big towns it is very hard to find parking spaces.
Wide, smooth (平的), straight (直的) roads must be built now in place of the old and narrow
roads. These roads must not pass through towns and cities. They must not be crossed by other
Today such roads are being built（在建造中） in many countries in the world. These roads have at least two lanes（车道）, one for slow-moving traffic and the other for fast-moving traffic.
These roads do not pass through town and cities; horses and bikes are not allowed on them.
Accidents do not usually happen. Cars can travel hundreds of miles without having to stop.
But these modem roads often cannot be built in towns and cities. Before a road in a town can
be made wider, many buildings have to be pulled down.
Some people feel that more car-parks should be built outside a city, then the drivers should
leave their cars and catch a bus or take a taxi to their offices.
56. The writer thinks that many accidents happen because___________.
A. roads are old and narrow B. roads go across each other
C. people drive their cars too fast D. all of the above
57. How are the new roads different from old roads?
A. They have at least two lanes. B. They cross over one another.
C. They have no fast cars. D. They pass through towns.
58. New roads must be built because_________.
A. cars can not travel any longer B. people are very busy
C. the old roads are too straight D. the old roads are too busy
59. It is hard to build new roads in towns because__________.
A. horses and bikes go there B. there are too many cars
C. there are too many people D. many buildings have to be pulled down
60. The passage (文章) is mainly(主要的) about ____________.
A. the old roads B. roads of the future
C. how to build the modem roads D. roads in towns and in the country
In Europe, many people died during the Second World War．As a result，at the end of the war,
there were many orphans(孤儿)there．A man called Hermann Gmeiner wanted to help these children．His idea was simple．He wanted orphans to have homes，and he wanted them to have the care and kindness of parents．Gmeiner asked people to give him some money．With this money he built the first SOS Children’s Village at Imst，in Austria．It opened in 1949．This is how the SOS Children’s Village started．The letters SOS stand for“Save Our Souls(灵魂).”This means“Please help US!”An SOS Children’s Village gives help to orphans．
Hermann Gmeiner’s idea for helping orphans soon spread all over the world．By 1983 there were 170 SOS Children’s Villages in the world．People in many countries give money to help the villages．Today the children from the first village are grown up．Now some of them work in other SOS Children’s Villages．
In SOS Villages orphans live in family groups．There are several houses in each village．The biggest villages have 40 or 50 houses! Between seven and ten children live in a house．A woman lives with each group of children and looks after them．She gives the children a lot of love and kindness．She cooks for them and makes a comfortable and happy home for them．
Of course，the children don’t spend all their time in the village．They go to school，they go out with their friends and they go into town．But the village gives them a home-sometimes for the first time in their lives．
61.Which of the following came last?
A．People gave Gmeiner some money．
B．There were many orphans at the end of the war．
C．Gmeiner built the first SOS Children’s Village with the money people gave him．
D．A man called Herman Gmeiner wanted to help the orphans．
62. An orphan is a child _______ .
A．who has no brother B．Who has no sister
C．who has no parents D．all of the above
63. How many houses are there in the biggest SOS Children’s Villages?
A．Seven and ten． B．Forty or fifty． C．170． D．About 30．
64. We can conclude(推论)from the article that the money for helping the SOS Villages mainly
comes from________ .
A．governments B.special organizations
C．the orphans themselves D.people in general(普通的)
65.Which of the following can best summarize(总结)the work a woman in an SOS Village does for each group of children?
A．She gives the children a lot of love and kindness． B．She lives with each group of children．
C．She cooks the meals for children． D．She looks after them．
In London, there has always been a main problem. In order to solve this problem, the government has decided to have a bike revolution(革命). It has decided to provide 6,000 bikes for the people to rent. The government encourages local people to ride bikes in order to solve the traffic problem.
More than 12,000 people have agreed to the idea. Some of them ask for more than one key. Although there are not enough bikes, an official(官员) from the government said that they would find some ways to deal with such a shortage.
Local people can get these bikes at special docking stations（停靠站）.There are about 315 docking stations across the city. About 12,450 keys have already been handed out to the local people, but only 6,000 keys can be used now.
Let’s see the cost you need to pay. One key costs ￡3, and the cost of using the bike is ￡1 for an hour. The cost per hour increases as the hours increase, so it will cost ￡50 if you rent the bike for 24 hours.
The official from the government said they also needed to face a lot of problems, for example, some bikes may be lost. But they said they would try their best to solve all the problems to make sure the success of the program.
66. In London, the government has decided to provide bikes for local people to rent in order to solve _________.
A. the traffic problem B. the population problem
C. the family problem D. the health problem
67. About ______ keys have already been handed out to the local people.
A. 315 B. 6,000 C. 12,000 D. 12,450
68. In the passage, the underlined word “shortage” means “______” in Chinese.
A. 挑战 B. 缺点 C. 短缺 D. 困难
69. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A. The government provides a bike for each family.
B. Local people can get these bikes at special docking stations.
C. If you want a key, you need to pay ￡5. D. Few people have agreed to the idea.
70. What’s the best title for the passage?
A. The people in London. B. The transportation in London.
C. The traffic problem in London. D. The bike revolution in London.
第Ⅱ卷 非选择题 （共65分）
Today, we will talk about three men who had a big influence on modern sound and communication technologies.
Max Vernon Mathews has been called the father of computer music. He created electronic tools so that people could use computers as musical instruments. He had a huge influence on the development of electronic music and how it is written, recorded and played.
In 1957, Max Mathews wrote the first computer program that enabled(使能够) a computer to create sound and play it back. At the time, he was working as an engineer at Bell Laboratories in New Jersey. His computer program was called Music.
Norio Ohga was born in Japan in 1930. He grew up playing the piano and taking singing lessons. He studied music at the Tokyo National University of Fine Arts and Music. He wanted to be an opera singer.
As a young man, Ohga reportedly owned a tape recorder that did not work well. He sent a letter detailing the problems to the manufacturer(制造商). The owners of the company were amazed by his knowledge about music and technology. They asked him to serve as a part-time adviser. The company later became known as Sony. In 1959, Ohga began working full-time with Sony.
Hubert Joseph Schlafly was an electrical engineer who helped change the way actors, politicians and other people speak on television. In 1950, he and two other men developed the teleprompter（电子提词器）.
The first teleprompter required a person who turned a long piece of paper printed with tall letters. As the actor read the lines, another person would move the paper ahead on the device(设备). The teleprompter was first used on a television program called “The First Hundred Years.”
They believed that many companies would want to buy the teleprompter. So, they left their jobs and created the Teleprompter Corporation to sell their invention.
1. What has Max Vernon Mathews been called?（答案不超过5个词）
2. What was Max Vernon Mathews when he was at Bell Laboratories in New Jersey ?
3. What amazed the owners of Sony? （答案不超过6个词）
4. What was Norio Ohga’s dream when he was young? （答案不超过5个词）
5. What did Hubert Joseph Schlafly invent with the help of two other men? （答案不超过2个词）
In today’s society, everyone is busy and running at a fast pace every day. We feel our time is valuable and needs to be used well. We need cheap meal ideas that can help us save time and money and still provide a healthy and nutritious (有营养的) dinner for us and our family.
The fast food makers know we have little time and that the idea of cooking dinner after a long day at work is not something we look forward to. So the fast food makers offer us cheap food that requires no cooking, no cleaning, and only 25 minutes to pick up.
But eating so much fast food will cause body fatness and fast food is not nutritious, so it’s not the healthiest choice to consider. There are some very cheap meal ideas that take almost no time to prepare and will make coming home for a good meal more enjoyable.
The first cheap meal idea is one dish which includes meat, vegetables and rice. This is not only a cheap meal idea, but also it is fast because it can be made in only 20 minutes.
You can quickly make some pancakes and scrambled eggs for the family in about 30 minutes. If you think it is strange to eat breakfast food for dinner, consider how the same foods give you what you need to go through a whole day.
Another cheap meal idea to try is a “macaroni and cheese with meat” dish, which only takes around 20 minutes to cook.
If you are interested in these cheap meal ideas, you’re welcome to visit our website for details. When you fix one of these or other cheap meal ideas at home, you are taking time out of your busy day to treat yourself and your family in a special way.
Ideas about cheap meals
Facts •_____1______life and valuable time
•Being in need of cheap ,____2____ and nutritious meals
_____3_____ of fast food •No cooking；•No cleaning；•No______4____time
Disadvantages of fast food •Making people get_____5_______
•Having no nutrition
Three____6____of cooking •A dish______7_____meat, vegetables and rice
______8____only 20 minutes
•Pancakes and scrambled eggs
•Macaroni and ____10_____with meat
Taking about 20 minutes
1. Red will influence you when you make a ______________(选择).
2. Last Friday ,they ________ the sports meeting because of the bad weather. (取消)
3. I __________ having bought a robot like this yesterday. So I would like to get my money back. (后悔)
4. —Have you heard the twins have taken ___________ flight back to Australia? (直接的)
5. We all know there are lots of of living on Mars. So we won’t move out of Earth to Mars. (优势)
6. It’s said that Chinese parents are _________with their children than American parents. (严格)
7. Please put away those keys to cars. They are going swimming. (德国人)
8. Seven __________ of students in our class have already finished the task. (twelve)
9. Mike is still in hospital and the doctor will do all they can ____________ his life. (save)
10. Chinese-style road crossing is a bad habit and must _____________(prevent).
11. Chinese Men’s Football Team_________ in beating the South Korean Men’s Football Team (success)
12. Tan Dun is good at making music by the sound of running water. (control)
13. After running for an hour, she was out of ____________ (breathe)
14. My grandpa looks so healthy though he is already in his (90).
15. Who were you talking with __________________ when I saw you? (excited)
Do you want to be the best student in your class, be the envy of all of your friends in school and be the p 1 of your teachers and parents!
First, a best student must study hard. This is the primary task of a student. Remember, if you don’t do anything, you will be nothing. Ask questions in class if you do not understand something. Also, try to enjoy all the s 2 you learn at school and work hard on them. It seems that hard-working students can have success more e 3 .
Second, good study habits are very u 4 . For example, you must listen to the teacher carefully and at the same time take some n 5 . After class you should revise your lessons and notes. At the end of the day you should revise what you have learnt during the day and prepare the lessons you’ll learn the next day.
Don’t forget to try asking your parents or teachers for help if you cannot come up w 6 answers by yourself. They have personal learning experiences and can help you with your studies in many ways. Usually, the students who ask their parents or teachers for help can do b 7 in class than those don’t.
Lastly, remember to never give up. You are already on your way in becoming the best student! It doesn’t matter if you f 8 , because you can learn something from failure and you will surely make p 9 after each failure. As we know, a 10 a lot of famous people once failed, they never lost heart and managed to climb to the top and succeed.
你叫王维，你校要评选“德才双馨”的好少年 “ Excellent Teens with both Ability and Moral Integrity”，你打算推选王辉，请你用英语写一封推荐信。内容提示如下：
Hobby 1.痴迷于画画，对自己很严格, 不断搜寻更好的东西来提高自己；
My opinion 经常为大家出力, 如：……
I’m writing to recommend Wang Hui to be the Excellent Teen with both ability and Moral Integrity.
I think Wang Hui is the most suitable person to achieve the title. I hope that you agree with me.
1. W: How did you come to work this morning?
M: I usually came in my son’s car. But this morning I took a bus because my son got up late.
2. W: What are you going to be when you grow up?
M: I want to be a policeman.
3. W: Hi, I don’t know if you remember me. My name is Maria
M: Sure, I remember you. You sat next to me in this classroom at that time.
4. W: What did you do for the fashion show?.
M: I designed a pair of blue jeans.
5. W: Let’s go for a walk in the countryside tomorrow.
M: That sounds like a good idea!
6. W: If you keep singing loudly like that , you will lose your voice.
M: OK, I’ll sing more quietly.
7. W: Peter, I’d like to buy this scarf. It’s beautiful!
M: Yes, I agree, Amy. The purple colour is lovely and it’s not expensive.
8. W: You look lost. Where are you going? Perhaps I can help.
M: I’m looking for a block of flats called Sunnyside.
9. W: You can’t possibly climb that tree.
M: Of course I can. I’ve done it many times before.
10. W: Why is Millie crying?
M: I don’t know. She looks pale. Maybe she feels ill.
W: Hi, Paul, don’t you remember me?
M: Wow! You’re Sophia.
W: That’s right.
M: But you used to be short and quiet when we were in middle school.
W: Yes. I used to be a little shy when I talked to others.
M: But now you are different.
W: Yes. I like talking with people and making new friends. I remember you used to be interested in swimming.
M: But now I don’t swim a lot. I’m busy learning Japanese.
David Smith finished school when he was 19 last year.He wanted to find a job in the bank. One day he went to a bank to ask for work there. A man took him into a small room and gave him some questions on a piece of paper. David wrote his answer on the paper, and then he gave them to him. The man looked at he answers and said to David, “Your birthday is on 12th of Jun, Mr Smith?” “Yes, sir. ”David said. “What year?” the man asked. “Oh, every year, sir.” David said.
Richard was driving to work when the car came to a stop. He tried to restart the engine, but it wasn't working. Then he tried to ring the workshop, but his phone wasn’t working either.
Richard decided to walk the rest of the way to work, but before long he realized that he was lost. It began to rain heavily. He wanted to take a taxi, but there were no taxis at all. He was so tired that he fell asleep on the road.
Suddenly he heard his director called "Richard, Richard, wake up. Time to begin our film. The other actors are all here waiting for you.’’ Then he realized that it had all been a strange dream and in fact he had been in the workshop all the time. He looked out of the window and saw the sun was shining brightly in the sky.
1-5 BCBCC 6-10 BABCB 11-15 BC BAB 16-20 ACABA
21-25 CBDDB 26-30ACDCB 31-35BAAAD 36-40DDDAD
41-45 CDABA 46-50 BDDDC 51-55 CDBCD
56-60 DADDB 61—65 CCBDA 66-70 ADCBD
第Ⅱ卷 非选择题 （共65分）
1. The father of computer music.
2. An engineer.
3. Ohga’s/His knowledge about music and technology.
4. To be/become an opera singer.
5. The teleprompter.
1. busy 2. healthy 3. advantages 4. wasting 5. fat
6. ways/ ideas 7. with /including 8. taking 9. 30 10. cheese
1.choice 2.cancelled 3.regretted 4.direct 5.advantages 6.stricter 7.Germans’ 8.twelfths 9.to save 10.be prevented 11.succeeded 12.controlling 13.breath 14.nineties 15.excitedly
1. pride 2. subjects 3. easily 4. useful 5. notes
6. with 7. better 8. fail 9. progress 10. although
I’m writing to recommend Wang Hui to be the Excellent Teen with both ability and Moral Integrity.
Wang Hui is crazy about drawing and very strict with himself. He is always searching for something better to improve himself. He likes talking about life on Mars and he is thinking about travelling into space. He is good at using colours to express himself. He likes red best, because red can help him make decisions quickly. Although he is busy with his study, he never gives up his hobby. He has won several drawing competitions since last year. He often helps us. For example, he often spends time helping with the classroom blackboard newspaper. He even does something to make his community more beautiful at weekends.
I think Wang Hui is the most suitable person to achieve the title . I hope that you agree with me.