Unit 4 Growing up
Period 4 Grammar
when， whenever， after， until， since
1. I did not go home ________ it was dark.
2. I got to know her brother ________ I was a boy.
3. ________ the boy watched TV, he went to bed.
4. ________ he gets the chance, he reads his favourite books.
5. Great changes have taken place in your hometown ________ you left.
1. My husband often goes ________ (jog) along the river in the morning.
2. David ________ (not go) to bed until he ________ (finish) watching the basketball match tomorrow evening.
3. Jack was forced ________ (do) what he disliked by his boss so he was very angry.
4. It is the first time I ________ (see) my uncle since he left home twenty years ago.
5. Yao Ming ________ (work) for charity since he ________ (end) his basketball career.
6. While ________ (face) difficulty, don't lose heart.
7. Boys and girls, did you enjoy ________ (you) during the holiday?
8. I never like long walks, ________ (especial) in winter.
9. The girls ________ (ride) their bikes around the lake while the boys were running.
10. The students didn't go home until they finished ________ (clean) the classroom.
1. He was born. His grandparents looked after him. (since)
2. I was doing some shopping. The earthquake started. (while)
3. He left. The rain stopped. (not…until)
4. They saw the homeless cat. They took it to the animal centre. (as soon as)
5. Wash your hands. You have meals. (before)
6. They waited. The girl's parents came. (till)
You must be________________________ what I have said to you.
I ________________________ it with you________________________ you like.
I ________________________ about it________________________ you told me.
Spud ______________________ crazy about basketball since he________________________ a child.
The students ________________________ after they ________________________ basketball.
( )1. —How long do you think it'll be ________ I can go back to school?
—Well, you will be feeling much better by next weekend.
A. before B. when C. since D. after
( )2. ________ I am in trouble, my friends will help me out.
A. Before B. Whenever C. Although D. Until
( )3. (2017•东营)—A little monkey might feel sad because of having a new baby sister or brother!
—Yeah. I didn't know that ________ I saw the film Born in China.
A. if B. until C. since D. although
( )4. (2016•大庆)Daming hasn't done much exercise ________ he got his computer.
A. when B. if C. though D. since
( )5. —Where was your dad at this time last night?
—He was talking with my uncle ________ I was looking for some information on the Internet.
A. after B. until C. since D. while
( )6. (2017•青岛)Jack's mother was so tired. She fell asleep ________ she lay down on the bed.
A. until B. as soon as C. unless D. although
( )7. —Do you know when he ________ here?
—No, but I will call you when he ________ here.
A. comes; will come B. comes; comes
C. will come; comes D. will come; will come
( )8. The students were singing happily ________ I passed the school hall.
A. when B. until C. though D. after
( )9. ________ awful bus tour we had! The bus was broken when we went sightseeing around the city.
A. How B. How a C. What a D. What an
( )10. We're playing ________ the league champions next week.
A. about B. for C. at D. against
Stress is a problem that each person has to face in the daily life. Everyone may fall into bad situations, such as 1. f________ in exams or interviews. One of the most valuable skills you need to learn is how to 2. r________. Relaxation activities can help you such as breathing deeply and 3. s________, yoga, massage, peaceful thoughts and so on. Trying the activities above will help you go through the hard time.
Sometimes taking part in an activity can take your mind 4. o________ your problems. Try to find new activities which are peaceful, or return to a hobby which you once 5. e________. If you are interested in learning something new, take an education class for knowledge and 6. f________.
Another choice to consider is 7. v________ work. There are many organizations which you can join and present your value to. While helping others, you help 8. y________.
When under stress, our feelings are affected. It's a good way to express those feelings to a good friend or a parent who is 9. r________ to listen to and support us. Often, just by sharing our feelings, we can better understand and deal with them.
Caring about others can also help to reduce our stress. We all need to 10. g________ and receive love, appreciation(欣赏) and support. We need to hug, laugh and share our feelings with family, friends and even our pets. Now it's time to express your thanks and love to those you value.
Ⅰ. 1. until 2. when 3. After 4. Whenever 5. since
Ⅱ. 1. jogging 2. won't go; finishes 3. to do 4. have seen 5. has worked; ended
6. facing 7. yourselves 8. especially 9. were riding 10. cleaning
Ⅲ. 1. His grandparents have looked after him since he was born.
2. The earthquake started while I was doing some shopping.
3. He didn't leave until the rain stopped.
4. They took it to the animal centre as soon as they saw the homeless cat.
5. Wash your hands before you have meals.
6. They waited till the girl's parents came.
Ⅳ. 1. serious about
2. will talk about; whenever
3. didn't know; until
4. has been; was
5. were tired out; practised playing
Ⅴ. 1. A
2. B 考查连词的用法。句意：________我有困难，我的朋友都会帮助我。before意为“在……之前”；whenever意为“无论何时”；although意为“尽管”；until意为“直到”。根据句意可知选B。
3. B 考查连词辨析。句意：“一只小猴子可能因为有了小妹妹或小弟弟而感到伤心。”“是的。我直到看了电影《我们诞生在中国》才知道。”if意为“如果”；until意为“直到”；since意为“自从”；although意为“尽管”。not… until意为“直到……才”。故选B。
4. D 句意：大明________有了电脑就没有做很多锻炼。when意为“当……时候”，引导时间状语从句；if意为“如果”，引导条件状语从句；though意为“虽然”，引导让步状语从句；since意为“自从……以来”，引导时间状语从句。结合句意可知选D。
6. B 考查连词辨析。句意：杰克的妈妈十分的劳累。她一躺到床上就睡着了。until意为“直到……才”；as soon as意为“一……就”；unless意为“除非”；although意为“尽管”。故选B。
7. C 8. A
9. D 考查感叹句。句意：我们经历了一次多么讨厌的公交旅行啊！绕城观光时，公交车居然坏了。感叹句的句型：①How ＋adj. /adv. ＋ 主语＋谓语！②What ＋ a/an＋adj. ＋n. ＋主语＋谓语！③What ＋ adj. ＋不可数名词/可数名词复数 ＋主语＋谓语！本题中，bus tour 为单数可数名词，而awful以元音发音开头，故选D。
Ⅵ. 1. failing 2. relax 3. slowly 4. off 5. enjoyed 6. fun
7. volunteer 8. yourself/yourselves 9. ready 10. give