1. What will the weather be like tomorrow?
2. Which animal does the man like best in the zoo?
3. Where are the two speakers talking now?
4. When was Hangzhou Bridge opened to traffic?
5. How does Miss Huang go to work?
6. What are the people in the park doing?
A. Reading newspapers.
B. Taking some exercise.
C. Visiting the park.
7. What is Lin Tao going to do this weekend?
A. To do the housework.
B. To go to the party.
C. To get ready for the exam.
8. What does Danny like to eat on his birthday?
A. Long noodles.
B. Big cakes.
C. Big eggs.
9. What colour are the woman's trousers?
10. What does Betty like?
A. Popular music.
B. Beijing Opera.
C. Classical music.
11. What are they talking about?
A. Science Museum.
B. Art Museum.
C. Space Museum.
12. When will they go there?
A. This Friday.
B. This Saturday.
C. This Sunday.
13. Where is the railway station?
A. Opposite the post offic
B. At the second crossing.
C. At the end of the street.
14. Which bus will take the woman to the railway station?
A. No.1 bus.
B. No.2 bus.
C. No.3 bus.
15. What's the matter with Mr. Zhang?
A. He hurt his leg.
B. He hurt his right arm.
C. He had a headache.
16. Who has bought some fruits?
A. Wang Lin.
B. Li Ming.
17. What does Tony think of his new house in Oxford?
A. More expensive.
B. More beautiful.
C. More exciting.
18. How long does it take Tony to walk to school in Oxford?
A. About ten minutes.
B. About twenty minutes.
C. About half an hour.
19. Why is it difficult to travel in London?
A. Because it is so interesting.
B. Because it Is so expensive.
C. Because it is so big.
20. What do Tony's classmates always invite him to do?
A. To play football.
B. To read books.
C. To play games.
A Seeing Eye dog is very special. One 21 thing about having a Seeing Eye dog is the you can go anywhere in the city safely.
I live in Barcelona, Spain. It's a big 22 , and there are many cars, but my dog Terra goes everywhere 23 me and doesn't let me get hit by a car. Terra also guides me to walk safely in the subway.
I have a baby boy, so another good thing is that my dog watches out for 24 , too. I can put the baby in his stroller, and Terra makes sure we are 25 okay. I have had Terra for ten years, and I'm happy to have it.
21. A. small B. good C. bad D. unusual
22. A. mountain B. village C. city D. room
23. A. like B. for C. behind D. with
24. A. him B. us C. them D. her
25. A. all B. both C. still D. just
Once a gentleman was traveling in a train. He felt 26 and got down at a station to look for some water. But when he got to the water tap, the train had started. He ran back but 27 the train.
It was getting late and he decided to spend the night at the station. The next morning he asked about the next 28 . He came to know that the next train was on the other day. So he decided to find a place for a day's stay It was getting 29 and he could not find a place near the station.
At last he reached a small village Ile asked a villager 30 he could stay in his house for a night. The villager agreed. The villager cooked him food and 31 him a room to stay. But he did not ask for anything in return.
At seven in the evening, the gentleman heard a knock at the door, The villager opened the door. It was a 32 man in black. He asked the man to pay his debts (债务).
The next morning, the gentleman 33 some money on the bed. When the villager found the money, he also found a note. It said: "You 34 me but didn't want any pay from me.
Yesterday I heard the conversation between you and the rich man. I knew that you were in need of 35 . This is what you need."
26. A. hungry B. thirsty C. tired D. busy
27. A. caught B missed C. got D. saw
28. A. bus B. ship C. plane D. train
29. A. dark B. clean C. dirty D. quiet
30. A. and B. or C. if D. but
31. A. gave B. built C. had D. bought
32. A. poor B. rich C. ugly D. nice
33. A. forgot B. remembered C. left D. borrowed
34. A. cooked B. taught C. talked D. helped
35. A. food B. money C. time D. house
We have different kinds of Japanese food here. The food menu is in Japanese and Chinese. All the waiters and waitresses can speak at least one foreign language.
Time:11:30 am-10:00 pm
Maybe you want to help others but don't know how. Then the Volunteer Project will help you. Here you will get the best idea of volunteering.
Call 822--5566 to join it.
Email address: email@example.com
Do you want to improve your English? Do you want to practise your English with native speakers? If yes, why not join the Dream Corner? Come here on Friday afternoon every week.
Red Bird Club
Do you like dancing? Do you want to show your cool dance at parties? Join us and make your dream come true.
Closed on Tuesday.
Call 822--3331 for more information.
Here you will find different kinds of fishes and even some kinds of sharks. You will fcel that you are in the sea but of course this is not true. If you like fishes, just pay a visit here.
Time: 9:30 am--5: 30 pm
36. In the Friendship Restaurant you can eat ______ food
37. Sarah wants to do some volunteer work. She can call _______ to get some ideas.
38. The Red Bird Club is closed on ______ .
39. According to the ad(广告), you can see ________ in the Underground World.
B. excellent dancers
C. sea animals
D. waiters and waitresses
40. If you want to practise your English with native speakers, you can join ________.
A. the Red Bird Club
B. the Volunteer Project
C. the Dream Comer
D. the Underground World
There once lived a rich businessman who had a lazy son. The businessman wanted his son to realize the value of labor.
One day, he told his son, “Today, I want you to earn something. If you fail, you won't have your meal tonight.”
The boy didn't want to find a job, so he asked his mother for help. She gave him a gold coin. In the evening, when the father asked his son what he had earned, the son showed him the gold coin. The father then asked him to throw it into the well (水井). The son did as he was told.
The father guessed that the gold was from the boy's mother. The next day, he sent his wife to her parents' home and asked his son to earn something. Since no one helped him, the son had to go to the market to look for a job. A shopkeeper told him that he would pay him a coin if he carried heavy tools for him. The son accepted. As he returned home and gave the coin to his father. he was asked to throw it into the well. The boy cried, "Dad! My body is aching. I'm tired. How are you asking me to throw my hard-carned coin into a well?"
The businessman smiled. He told his son that one feels pain only when the fruits of labor are wasted. The son realized the value of hard work. He promised not to be lazy any more.
41. Who helped the son when he was asked to earn something for the first time?
A. His father.
B. His mother.
C. His sister.
D. The shopkeeper.
42. The underlined word "aching" has the similar meaning with "_________".
43. Why did the father ask the boy to throw his coin into the well?
A. To fill the well.
B. To check if the coin is real.
C. To keep the coin for the boy.
D. To check if the boy had earned the coin by himself.
44. How did the son feel when his father asked him to throw the coin into the well again?
45. The story is mainly about ________.
A. a wise father
B. a gold coin
C. the fruits of labor
D. a lazy boy
People read books less often in these days. With the invention of radio, television and most recently, the Internet and computer games, it seems that reading books is no longer a popular activity. However, I believe that books are an important part of our lives.
Books offer an outstanding wealth of learning and at a cheaper price than taking a course. Books can make people cleverer, because heavy readers have greater knowledge of how things work and who or what people were.
Everything in today’s society requires reading. Imagine trying to do something as simple as reading the directions on a medicine bottle without good reading skills. Someone could not understand them and become very sick or even die.
Even something as simple as walking or driving through the city could become very dangerous without enough reading. Sometimes, you must be able to understand what is written and explain the meaning of them.
Some people say that reading is a waste of time and we can do better things with our time. Even if we don't read books, we still read every day, and reading books can strengthen (加强) our abilities. Reading is one of the greatest things we can do in our spare time.
With a book, you can travel anywhere you want, do anything you want, and talk to anyone you want. Reading is very important in our lives, no matter your age. So I think people should read books.
46 What activity is less popular these days than before?
A. Reading a book.
B. Listening to the radio.
C. Watching TV.
D. Surfing the Internet.
47. We can learn from the second paragraph that _______.
A reading can improve your memory
B, reading can make you interesting and attractive
C. reading can make you smarter
D. reading can reduce stress
48. The underlined word "them" in the third paragraph refers to ________.
A. the books they are reading
B. the directions on a medicine bottle
C. the good reading skills
D. the words a doctor tells a sick person
49. Some people disagree to read books because they think _________.
A. walking in the city also needs reading skills
B. driving along the road is dangerous
C reading books is very helpful for our abilities
D. reading books just wastes their time
50. The best title of the passage can be _________.
A. People Should Enjoy Themselves
B. How We Improve Reading Skills
C. Why People Should Read Books
D. What We Love Doing in Spare Time
Different weather makes people feel different. It influences health, intelligence (智力) and feelings.
In August, it is very hot and wet in the southern part of the United States. People there have heart trouble and other kinds of health problems during this month. In the Northeast and the Middle West, it is very hot at some times and very cold at other times. People in these states have more heart trouble after the weather changes in February or March.
The weather can also influence intelligence. For example, in a scientific report, IQ (智商) of a group of students was very high when a very strong wind came, but after the strong wind, their IQ was 10% below. The wind can help people have more intelligence. Very hot weather, on the other hand (另一方面), can make it lower. Students in many schools of the United States often get worse on exams in the hot months of the year (July and August).
Weather also has a strong influence on people's feelings. Winter may be a bad time for thin people. They usually feel cold during these months. They might feel unhappy during cold weather. But fat people may have a hard time in hot summer. At about 18 ℃, people become stronger.
Low air pressure (气压) may make people forgetful People leave more bags on buses and in shops on low-pressure days. There is a "good weather" for health. People feel best at a temperature
of about I8℃.
Are you feeling sad, tired, forgetful, or unhappy today? It may be the weather's problem.
51. What kind of weather can have a bad effect (影响) on health?
A. Hot and wet weather.
B. Good weather.
C. Warm weather.
D. High intelligence.
52. When may people have more intelligence?
A. When a rain comes.
B. When very hot weather comes.
C. When a strong wind comes.
D. When low air pressure comes.
53. How may low air pressure make people feel?
54. What will happen to people in "good weather" of I8℃?
A. People are very forgetful.
B. People can’t do their work well.
C. Thin people feel cold.
D. People are in better health.
55. What does the writer want to tell us?
A. Hot and cold weather influences all people in the same way.
B. Weather influences people's lives.
C. IQ never changes during weather changes.
D. There is a good kind of weather for people's work and health.
Tony: Hello, Mike. The weekend is coming. 56
Mike: Yes, I'd love to. 57
Tony: What about the Palace Museum? There is a great show there.
Mike: That's really a wonderful place to visit. 58
Tony: We can see fine works of art there.
Mike: That sounds great. 59
Tony: The best way is to take the underground. It takes only 20 minutes.
Mike: All right. 60
Tony: Shall we meet at my home at 8 am tomorrow?
Mike: OK, see you tomorrow.
Tony: See you.
A. Would you like to go on a trip with me?
B. Who will go with us?
C. How can we go there?
D. When and where shall we meet?
E. Then what can we do there?
F. But where shall we go?
61. Jane would like to live on the __________ (第十二) floor.
62. Monkeys cat meat, ________ (树叶) fruit and even eggs.
63. In some places, it isn't ________ (有礼貌的) to look at people when you talk.
64. Millie lives on a healthy diet. She ______ (很少) has sweet snacks.
65.It ______ (闻起来) so strong that I don' t like it at all.
66. You will be heavily_________ (惩罚) if you don' t obey these rules.
67. -- Where is your father?
-- He has already ________ (飞) to Beijing.
68. -- When will our school sports meeting be held?
-- It will be held on ______ (十一月)10th.
69. The restaurant is open every day _______ (除了) Monday.
70. Danniel did the exercises too _______ (粗心地), and it made his teacher angry.
so decide do leave proud happy advise trouble after go
Li Wen is a 16-year-old boy. He works hard and 71 well in school. It is hard to believe that he had much 72 in school. His parents moved to the city to look for jobs, 73 they couldn't be at home to look 74 him. From then on, he became less interested in 75 to school and missed classes. Then his parents made a 76 to send him to a boarding school. He was shy and had no friends. Life there was difficult for him. One day he told his teacher he wanted to 77 the school. His teacher called his parents and 78 them to come back and talk with their son in person. Then his parents came back and had a talk with him. This communication changed his life. He realized that his parents would always love him and they would be 79 of everything good that he did. Now he is much 80 and more outgoing than he used to be.
Oliver Twist is one of the more famous stories 81._______
for Charles Dickens. Set in the nineteenth century, it is about a boy 82._______
calling Oliver who finds himself alone in the world. He lives in a 83._______
special house for poor people and always has a empty stomach. One 84._______
day, he asks for more food and gets into trouble!
Later, Oliver runs away to London. There he meets some boys
who steal money and other things. They teach Oliver steal too, though 85._______
Oliver does not want to because he is a good child. After many difficulties
Oliver is took home by a kind old man. In the end, Oliver discovers that 86._______
the kind man is a relative, and he goes to live with him in the city
There are many reasons why Oliver Twist is so a popular story 87._______
There are also a lot of action in the book, and it is also very humorous 88._______
The writer was also very good at write about the 89._______
every day lives of poor children in London in the nineteenth 90._______
century -- his book made people care more about the problems
of poor children.
Many Chinese people like hot pot and Li Yang is one of them.
Three days ago, Li Yang arrived in England. There he had three days of hamburgers, sandwiches, and potatoes. Yesterday he was very excited when he heard that there was going to be a meal of hot pot to welcome the new students.
He went into the room and sat next to an American girl. To his surprise, he saw potatoes and bread in front of him. Where was the hot pot?
When she saw Li Yang was very surprised, the American girl told him that hotpot is NOT hot pot. China has hot pot in two words but English hotpot is written in one word.
Hotpot is made from meat, potatoes and onions. People put it in the oven (烤箱) all day in a heavy pot and on a low heat. It is easy to cook.
Hotpot tastes nice. But Li Yang still misses hot pot, two words!
91. Do many Chinese people like hot pot? (no more than 3 words)
92. When did Li Yang arrive in England? (no more than 3 words)
93. Who told Li Yang that hotpot is not hot pot? (no more than 3 words)
94. Which country has hot pot in two words? (no more than 1 word)
95. What is English hotpot made from? (no more than 4 words)
安全 tips 不要到河里游泳,不要单独行动。
参考词汇: rubbish(垃圾) clear away(清理) Sunshine Farm(阳光农场)
May I have your attention, please?
That's all Thank you!
1-5 CACBB 6-10 BCCAB 11-15 BCABA 16-20 CBACC
21-25 BCDAB 6-30 BBDAC 31-35 ABCDB
36-40 BDACC 41-45 BADBC 46-50ACBDC 51-55 ACADB
61. twelfth 62. leaves 63. polite 64. seldom 65. smell
66. punished 67. flown 68. November 69. except 70. carelessly
71. does 72. trouble 73. so 74. after 75. going
76. decision 77. leave 78. advised 79. proud 80. happier
81. most 82. by 83. called 84. an 85. to steal
86. taken 87. such 88. is 89. writing 90. everyday
91. Yes, they do./Yes.
92. Three days ago.
93. The/An American girl.
95. Meat, potatoes and onions.
One possible version:
May I have your attention, please?
Next week our class are going to have a journey to Sunshine Farm. The journey will last for one week. On the farm we're going to do some cleaning and help clear away rubbish at first. Then, we'll learn how to plant trees and grow vegetables. During the week, we will have a picnic and help the farmers pick fruits such as apples and pears. For our safety, we mustn't go swimming in the river and we should keep together. Nobody is allowed to leave the class group and go alone.
Wish you a happy journey!
That’s all. Thank you!