1. What's wrong with Peter?
2. Where does the woman's brother work?
3. How does the girl usually go to the piano class?
4. Which festival are they talking about?
5. Which one is NOT Tony's way to study English?
6. Who is the writer of the book?
A. Deng Wen.
B. J.K. Rowling.
7. How will the man help the sick kids?
A. Give them money.
B. Clean up the hospital.
C. Help them with their schoolwork.
8. What does the woman think of the emperor?
A. She doesn't like him at all.
B. She loves him.
C. She doesn't mind him.
9. How old is Alexis now?
10. How many countries are mentioned in the dialog?
11. Does the boy have balls?
A. Yes. he does.
B. No. he doesn't.
C. We don't know.
12. Why does the boy borrow money from his mom?
A. To buy new balls for himself.
B. To buy new balls for Jack.
C. To treat Jack a dinner.
13. Where are the speakers now?
A. On the street.
B. In the house.
C. On the subway.
14. What do you think the two men’s jobs are in the dialog?
15. What can we learn from the conversation?
A. The woman always plays computer games.
B. The speakers may be wife and husband.
C. The man always plays with his mobile phone.
Nursing homes for 16
Two dogs 17 dollars a month
18 take care of them
Young dogs 19
Because the pets now have 20 , there are more old pets in Japan.
16. A. old dogs B. old people C. all kinds of old pets
17. A.100 B.200 C.300
18. A. The doctors B. The nurses C. The young dogs
19. A. nurses at the home B. babies of the older ones C. workers at the home
20. A. more young babies B. better health care C. more nurses
21. -- Do you like the movie Amazing China? It's ________ educational movie.
-- Yes. I like it very much and I am very proud ______ our country.
A. a; in
B. the; in
C. a: of
D. an; of
22. -- Tony is only shorter than Jim, right?
-- Yes, he is ________ student in his class.
A. the second tallest
B. the two tallest
C. second tallest
D. two tallest
23. He can't refuse you if you ask ______.
24. -- Hi, Tony! _________ you __________ to the newly-opened shopping mall, Tangdao 637 lately?
-- Yes. I went there with my parents last week.
A. Did; go
B. Have: been
C. Have; gone
D. Do: go
25. We planned to meet at 10: 30 at the station yesterday, but Bob didn't _________ until 11: 00.
A. turn up
B. stay up
C. show up
D. grow up
26. --Xining, Summer Resort (夏都), has friendly people and _______ weather.
-- Yes. I hope ________ more tourists coming here to enjoy their cool summer.
A. a pleasant; there will be
B. pleasant; there will hay
C. a pleasant; there will have
D. pleasant; there will be
27. Mille’s mother _________ her to be a great dancer like her.
28. -- Lisa, don't let _______ in. I am too busy to meet anyone this moming.
-- Ok. I _________.
A. nobody; will
B. anybody; won't
C. somebody; don't
D. anybody; don't
29. It's time to say goodbye to my school. I'll never forget the days ______ we spent together.
30. -- Thanks ________ our government, we can play sports on the new playground next week.
-- That's for sure! And we'll have a sports meeting _________ one month.
A. for; in
B. to; in
C. for; after
D. to; after
31. -- Mr. Wang, I have trouble ________ the text. Could you help me?
-- Certainly. First, remember _________ it three times at least. Then, I will tell you more.
A. to understand; reading
B. understanding; reading
C. understanding; to read
D. to understand; to read
32. -- Don't be shy! Foreigners will not laugh at you. ________, they will encourage you.
-- Thanks for your reminding and support.
33. We couldn't find out _______, so we wrote a "Lost and found".
A. whose it was bike
B. whose bike it was
C. whose bike was it
D. whose was it bike
34. -- __________ big success the fashion show is!
-- Yes, it's really fantastic.
B. How a
D. What a
35. -- Would you mind turning up the music?
-- _________. Dad is sleeping now.
A. Sorry, I can't do it
B. Yes, please
C. No, not at all
D. Ok. I will
Our children grew up on peanut butter (花生酱) and jelly (果酱) sandwiches. The delicious jelly made them 36 , and homemade was the best choice. I wasn't the jelly maker in this big family. My 37 was. It was always there. Jelly making was just a way of life for her. She 38 did it, following the same steps-from picking the fruit to setting the finished jelly on the shelf.
In April, my mother left us forever. We decided to 39 potted things in the house. Each of us chose from the many pots of tomato juice, green beans and jelly. The other day I 40 the jelly for a quick sandwich. I suddenly 41 something that I had not paid attention to before. This was the last pot we would have from my mother's loving hands. Our children had never known a day without their grandmother's jelly. It seemed like such a small thing, 42 it was a great treasure. Holding the last pot in my hand, my 43 traveled back to the old days. I saw her crying on my wedding (婚礼). I saw her 44 and hugging our children.
I put the jelly back on the shelf. No longer was it just a pot of jelly. 45 it was there, my mother would always live on.
36. A. angry B. disappointed C. pleased D. sad
37. A sister B. father C. husband D. mother
38. A. never B. always C. hardly D. seldom
39. A. divide B. sell C. spare D. waste
40. A. ran away B. took out C. threw away D. put away
41. A. searched B. created C. discovered D. realized
42. A. or B. and C. but D. so
43. A. hair B. memories C. hands D. head
44. A. beating B. picking C. kissing D. spreading
45. A. As long as B. As far as C. As well as D. As soon as
You may know the English letters A, B and C. But do you know there are people called ABCs? You may like eating bananas. But do you know there are such people with the name of "banana persons"? Are these people from "another planet (星球)"? No. They are just Chinese people like you and me.
ABC means American-born-Chinese. An ABC is a Chinese, but was born in the United States. Sometimes, people call an ABC a "banana person". A banana is yellow outside and white inside. So, a "banana person" is white inside -- thinking like a westerner and yellow outside -- looking like a Chinese.
Do you know why? Usually, ABCs know little about China or Chinese language. Most of them don't speak Chinese. Also, they are not interested in Chinese politics (政治). But if ABCs can't speak Chinese. can we still call them Chinese people? Yes, of course. They are Chinese. They are overseas (海外的) Chinese. These people may be citizens (公民) of other countries like the US, Canada or Singapore. But they have Chinese blood. Their parents, grandparents or even great-grandparents were from China. They all have black eyes and black hair. But they are not Chinese citizens. They are not people of China. For example, we all know the famous scientist C.N. Yang (杨振宁). He got the Nobel Prize in Physics in 1957. Chinese people love him. But he is an American citizen.
46. "ABC" in this passage means "_________".
A. a kind of banana
B. three English letters
47. Chinese born in western countries are called "banana persons" because _________.
A. their bodies are white inside but yellow outside
B. they think like westerners but look like Chinese
C. they were born in China but go to study in America
D. they were born in America but work in China
48. The underlined word "blood" may probably mean _________ in the passage.
49. C. N. Yang is mentioned here to show that __________.
A. American Chinese are great
B. Chinese people can win Nobel Prize
C. American Chinese aren't Chinese citizens
D. we don't like him
50. This passage mainly talks about _________.
B. the Nobel Prize
C. the story of C. N. Yang
D. the meaning of "ABC"
Nowadays, phone calls and messages help us get in touch with others. It means that we seldom write letters now. But a TV show, Letters Alive (《见字如面》), is bringing back this old habit.
Letters Alive invites famous actors and actresses, but there are no funny jokes or competitions. It's just one person walking up to a microphone and reading a letter. The letters were written by people from different times in history. For example, in one period, they read a letter written by famous writer Xiao Hong to her younger brother in 1941. The letter shows that Xiao Hong missed her brother so much and had great hopes for his future.
"Every letter opens another world for us," according to Guan Zhangwen, the director of the TV show. "We can also touch the heart of the writers'." Since its first period on Dec. 5, Letters Alive has been widely praised. Many audiences (观众) said that it had provided a breath of fresh air to today's TV shows.
Besides Letters Alive, some other cultural TV shows have also been well received by Chinese audiences. Chinese Poetry Conference is a traditional Chinese poetry competition. And Readers invites people to read poems and articles they like or wrote. It suggests that cultural values and true feelings are becoming our interest.
51. Letters Alive, a TV show, invites famous people to _________.
A. tell audiences jokes
B. read and share letters
C. walk up to a microphone to sing
D. take part in different competitions
52. According to the passage, which sentence is RIGHT?
A. Xiao Hong missed her brother but had no hopes for his future.
B. The heart of the writers' can be touched by reading letters.
C. Letters Alive is not popular enough to audiences.
D .Chinese Poetry Conference invites people to read poems.
53. How many cultural TV shows are there in the passage?
54. Chinese audiences _________ these cultural TV shows.
C. show no interest in
D. doubt about
55. Which is the best title for the passage?
A. Phones Have Taken the Place of Letters
B. Welcome to Our Cultural TV Shows
C. Letters Make Us Communicate
D. Cultural TV Shows Are Becoming Popular
It is probably no exaggeration (夸张) to say that, these days, anyone who uses WeChat or QQ also uses memes. 56 Memes are usually pictures or GIFs (动图) of famous people, TV and film scenes. They are often paired with a line of words explaining the pictures.
You must have seen the memes of singer Huang Zitao with his famous words, "I will not die easily." 57 Others include actor Zhou Jie shouting with anger and basketball player Yao Ming laughing but looking like crying. If there is something in common with these people, it is probable that they all have exaggerated facial expressions. Users make memes of them for fun.
On the other hand, memes make online messaging chatting closer to real life than just sending text messages. 58 For some people, like youth, they can chat online only using memes without typing a single word. Sometimes this turns into a kind of competition to see who has the most or the funniest memes. 59 Do you want to have a try, too?
A. Huang’s memes are one of the users' favorites.
B. Memes or biaoqingbao have become important in online chatting (聊天) among Chinese.
C. If they are tired of the popular ones, they can make their own memes using meme apps.
D. Because they give people information in a simpler, funnier and clearer way.
60. Which of the following is true according to the passage?
A. Memes play an important part in online chatting all over the world.
B. All the people can chat on line without typing a single word.
C. People can only use popular memes even though they feel bored of them.
D Users make memes of famous people for fun.
A. Yes. It's reported that some companies plan to sell the flying cars.
B. So the driver can park it like a car.
C. How fast it is!
D. Have you heard of flying cars?
E. But anyway, it's worth the price.
F. Actually, it is not a new idea.
G. Can they fly high?
David: What? Flying cars? That’s impossible!
Becky: 62 Many companies (公司) have been trying to make safer ones.
David: Sounds great! What's it like?
Becky: It is nearly 6 meters long and seats two people. It has wings that can fold. 64 And it can change into an airplane in just seconds.
David: Is it very expensive?
Becky: Yes, around one million yuan.
Linda: Wow! 65
Bert: Hi, Carl! 66 was your April Fool's Day?
Carl: It was terrible. One of my friends 67 me to a costume party.
Bert: That sounds good. Why do you say it was terrible?
Carl: Well, after I received the invitation, I went to the party on time. But by the time I got there, I realized I had been fooled because I was the only one that was 68 a costume.
Bert: Oh, I see. That was really terrible. I was so tired on April Fool's Day
Carl: What was wrong with you?
Bert: My friends told me that we were going to have a math test the next day. I studied the 69 night and was tired out.
Carl: What happened next?
Bert: Then the next day I found they had fooled me. We didn't have a test.
Carl: Haha! We 70 had a real April Fool's Day!
walk anything push different life yours hard
To get a doctorate (博士) degree is not an easy thing. It's even 71 for a person who has cerebral palsy (脑瘫). But Zhang Dakui made it.
Zhang, 32, was born in a poor family in Henan. When he was little, a fever gave him cerebral palsy. At the age of 6, he could no longer stand up. His parents tied two bamboo sticks between two trees. Day after day, he held the sticks to practice 72 . No matter heavy snow, tears or pains, he stuck to doing that. 73 could stop him. At 9, he was able to walk with the help of a walking stick. He overcame all the difficulties at school. In 2006, he became a graduate student. His dreams 74 him further. He hoped to get a doctorate degree, but most professors (教授) turned him down after hearing about his illness. Finally, Professor Fan Xiaozhong from Beijing Institute of Technology opened a door for Zhang. "I won't treat you 75 . If you can pass the exams all by 76 , you can study with me for your doctor's courses, Fan said. Zhang passed all the exams. "I’m not as strong as you think. I just work hard on what I should do and what I can do. Only great efforts can change our 77 ," Zhang said.
One fresh sunny day, while I was swimming in the water, I felt something special going through my gills (鳃). It was a different kind of water. I also found many of my friends became sick. Some of them were dying. I began to worry because I didn't want to get sick or die. (A) I also considered what I should do to save my friends. So I decided to do some research for my underwater life.
My research started. At first, I noticed there were many bottles, plastic bags and other kinds of rubbish in the water. Then I went on... I got closer and noticed a man pouring something polluted into the water. It flowed everywhere. Other people saw him do this and they followed him. (B) I found that it ___________ __________ (闻起来奇怪). Then I tasted it. It made me feel terrible. I hated it! I really wanted to tell them that it was killing us! But I couldn't.
I think it is so stupid of people to do bad things to the earth that they are living on! I can't understand why they are doing these People should care about the environment. If they do that, we will not have anything to worry about. I suggest they take my advice. If so, (C) 我相信每一个人将过上幸福的生活。
78. I also considered ___________ ___________ __________ __________ save my friends.
79. I found that it ___________ ___________ (闻起来奇怪).
81. What does "I" refer to (指代) in the passage?
82. What should people do according to the passage? (答案不超过五个单词)
The music which was ___________ on the erhu ___________ moved me.
The ____________ kids learn to be ______________, the better it is for their future.
_____________ ____________ at once before it’s too late!
Many times I thought about ______________ up, but I fought ______________.
学校英语报社正在开展题为“The Greatest Help”的征文活动。什么人或物给了你最大的帮助?你取得了哪些进步?有什么感想或受到了哪些教育?请写一篇80词左右的英语短文进行投稿,文中不得出现真实校名和姓名。
The Greatest Help
1-5 CCABB 6-10 BCACA 11-15 ABACB 16-20 ABACB
21-25 DACBC 26-30 DCBAB 31-35 CABDA
36-40 CDBAB 41-45 DCBCA
46-50 CBACD 51-55 BBCAD 56-60 BADCD
66. How 67. invited/ asked 68. wearing/ in
69. whole/ full/ complete 70.both/ two/ each
71. harder 72. walking 73. Nothing 74. pushed
75. differently 76. yourself 77. lives
78. what; to; do; to
79. smelt/smelled; strange
80. I believe (that) everyone/ everybody/ every person will live/ lead/ have a happy life.
81. A fish. / It/ "I" refers to a fish (in the passage).
82. People should protect the environment./
Care about/ Protect/ Take care of the environment.
83 played; especially
84. earlier; independent
85. Take; action
86. giving; on
One possible version:
The Greatest Help
I have got lots of help, but my father gives me the greatest help of all.
Though my father is a very kind man, he is very strict with me. He always pushes me to study hard and tries to find mistakes in everything I do. Sometimes, I doubt if he is my father. He leads me to read plenty of books. He says, "the more books you read, the better person you will be." He also says that health is the most important thing for everybody. So I am made to do lots of exercise. Anyway, we have left our happiness and laughter everywhere, on the playground, in the swimming pool, on the mountains and so on. When I meet any difficulties, he encourages me and helps me out. He is always there for me.
As I grow older, my thoughts change from misunderstanding to understanding. He is not only my father and a sincere friend but also my guide and helper. I will never forget the greatest help and deepest love from his strictness and expections because they make some big difference in my life.