第I卷 （客观题 共70分）
1. What are the two speakers going to do next?
A. B. C.
2. What did the boy do in the evening?
A. B. C.
3. What does Tom save?
A. B. C.
4. What does Carol prefer to use now?
A. B. C.
5. What does Jane think of Peter?
A. Impatient B. Practical C. Patient
6. What does the man suggest?
A. Searching the Internet. B. Reading a book. C. Sending an email.
7. Why didn’t the woman accept the job??
A. Because she lived far away from the company.
B. Because she wanted to spend more time with her family.
C. Because she thought the pay was too low to support the family.
8. What does the woman mean?
A. They should wait for John.
B. They should stay there for all night.
C. They should start the meeting right now.
9. How often does the train leave for New York?
A. Every 15 minutes. B. Every 20 minutes. C. Every 25 minutes.
10. What does Jason want to know?
A. Wendy’s new job.
B. Wendy’s new number.
C. Wendy’s new address.
11. How does David go to school now?
A. By car. B. On foot. C. By bike.
12. What are the two speakers mainly talking about?
A. Protecting the environment. B. Saving electricity. C. Saving paper.
Cause It has been raining for about 13 so far.
Result There will probably be a big flood 14 .
The east of the town will be in danger.
Advice People living in the eastern part should 15 .
13. A. 7 days B. 2 weeks C. 15 weeks
14. A. this evening B. tomorrow morning C. tomorrow evening
15. A. leave the town B. stay at home C. move to a safe place
16. What can influence your personality according to the speaker?
A. Your animal sign. B. Your star sign. C. Your nationality.
17. Who is good at singing and dancing?
A. Chinese. B. French people. C. Germans.
18. Who spends lots of time outdoors and enjoys a slower life?
A. Australians. B. Chinese. C. French people.
19. Who is serious and careful and pays attention to details?
A. Chinese. B. Australians. C. Germans
20. What can we learn about nationality and personality?
A. It’s always true that your nationality decides your personality.
B. It’s sometimes true that your nationality decides your personality.
C. It’s never true that your nationality decides your personality.
21. Zhou Huaiming was _____ artist who was good at drawing grapes in _____ 1940s in Wuxi.
A. a; the B. an; the C. the; / D. the; the
22. ---I can’t find the novel I bought yesterday.
---Look, John is reading_______ over there. You’d better go and see if it is yours.
A. it B. some C. one D. that
23. --- Compare the articles written by the students from different schools, and you’ll find Jack’s
--- Sure. That’s why we voted for him.
A. the most boring B. more boring
C. more interesting D. the most interesting
24. Frank and his friend gave each other their addresses and promised to________ each other.
A. get on well with B. connect with
C. keep in touch with D. come up with
25. While Cindy was in Paris, she developed a_________ for fine art.
A. way B. taste C. relation D. habit
26. _____ you’ve tried it on, you can’t imagine how pleasant the journey to Shanghai is.
A. Though B. Unless C. However D. If
27. Don’t leave the tap running. Water needs________ so that it can be used by more people.
A. to save B. to saved C. to be safe D. saving
28. --- You______ be excited that you’re going to get the award.
--- Yes, I can’t wait for it.
A. should B. can C. must D. need
29. All of us sh ould be aware that this type of energy will_______ if we continue to waste it.
A. take out B. break out C. put out D. run out
30. ---Learning a language isn’t easy. It takes time.
---I agree. ________. There’s no short cut.
A. All roads lead to Rome. B. Rome wasn’t built in a day.
C. Practice makes perfect. D. Slow but sure wins the race.
31. ---________ is it from your flat to the city centre?
---About 15 minutes’ walk.
A. How long B. How much C. How far D. How many
32. Hi, Simon. I hear that you’ve just come back from Korea. I’m calling to ask________.
A. how did you visit the city B. how many days you’ve spent there
C. which hotel you stayed in Korea D. how you found the popular local food
33. Many women spend ________ money on China’s biggest e-commerce website, Taobao.
A. a great deal of B. a large number of C. large numbers of D. a huge army of
34. ---I visited the Reed Flute Cave in Guilin last weekend.
---________. Why didn’t you tell me earlier?
A. You did? B. I hope so. C. Have a good time. D. That’s all right.
“What is the meaning of life?”Have you ever asked yourself this question?
A dog really did. And that dog plays the leading 35 in the movie A Dog’s Purpose. The film was shown in Chinese mainland cinemas on March 3. It is about a dog’s several lives through reincarnation(再生). And he keeps 36 meaning in each of those lives.
The dog is named Bailey. He 37 in the film as a boy’s red retriever(猎犬), a lonely policeman’s German shepherd(牧羊犬) and a student’s playmate. Then he meets with his first owner again and gives the story a happy ending.
The movie shows the unbreakable connection 38 people and pets. It is “heart-warming and soul-hitting”, New York Daily News noted. There are many 39 that really touch the audience. For example, when Bailey lived as a police dog, he 40 to save a victim and he lost his life in order to save his owner’s life. The movie 41 people to “give love to a pet”, Carole Mallory wrote in his report.
The story was told from the dog’s view, which makes the film quite 42 . US actor Josh Gad, 36, gave the dog a lovely voice. Just imagine Bailey seeing the school bus as “a big yellow box with wheels” and a donkey as a “horse dog”. That will make you laugh again and again.
The dog always looks for life’s meaning. Did he really find it? Well, he did. He 43 that life’s point is not to look for a point---just to “be here now”. This wise 44 surely gives people something to think about.
Would like to watch the film with your friends?
35. A. topic B. role C. competition D. guide
36. A. waiting for B. looking for C. asking for D. talking to
37. A. appeared B. advertised C. reported D. introduced
38. A. among B. against C. between D. beside
39. A. people B. pictures C. scenes D. voices
40. A. managed B. refused C. agreed D. promised
41. A. allows B. prevents C. causes D. reminds
42. A. boring B. interesting C. easy D. sad
43. A. realized B. remembered C. forgot D. reported
44. A. question B. answer C. film D. book
Keep in the air: The Chaoyang Theater is one of the Beijing theaters to present acrobatics(杂技) all year round. Top acrobatic artists invited from all the country perform for Chinese and foreign tourists. The program includes trick cycling, leaping, through hoops and Chinese magic tricks. Some of the artists have won prizes in international competitions.
Time: 7:15 p.m., daily.
Place: 36, Dongsanhuan Beilu, Chaoyang District.
Tel: 65072421, 65071818
Use your head: Green Hat is a new drama given by a group of young Chinese actors. It’s a rewrite of American writer Nathaniel Hawthorne’s famous novel The Scarlet Letter. It describes the girl hero’s greatest courage in finding the true love against the public disagreement.
Time: 7:15p.m. until March 5, except Mondays.
Place: China Children’s Theate r.
Tel: 66037255, 66037265
Mix and match: The story of Puppets tells of a fairy, Zixia, who looks for true love in the human world. After watching a puppet play Peony Pavilion, she thinks there must be t rue love in the real world, so she uses magic to turn the puppet characters into humans, wanting to fall in love with the puppet hero. But things don’t go as she planned…Li Liuyi, the director of the play has made several successful tries present traditional operas in one play. This time he mixes Peking Opera, Kunqu Opera, Pingju Opera along with a band(乐队), using the structure of modern dramas.
Time: 7:30 p.m. until March 10, except Mondays.
Place: Small Playhouse of Beijing People’s Art Theater.
Peking Opera: The Peking Opera Troupe will give two performances at the Chang’an Grand Theater. Each performance includes two classical excerpts(选段). One is Wenxi(a play focusing on singing and dancing); the other is Wuxi(a play full actions or dancing). The first night will be the Crossroad and Presenting a Pearl of the Rainbow Bridge. And the second night will see the performance of The Goddess of Heaven Scatters Flowers and Havoc in Heaven.
Time: 7:30 p.m., February 27, 28.
Place: Chang’an Grand Theater.
45. We can learn from the passage that _________ .
A. the story of puppets is a play held in China Children’s Theater
B. the artists who have won prizes will perform magic tricks
C. on March 5 there will be two plays for us to choose
D. the artists in the Peking Opera Troupe are from all over the country
46. If a tourist wants to see a performance on March 15, he can call _________ to book a ticket.
A. 86531043 B. 65250123 C. 66037255 D.65071818
47. According to the passage, which of the following statements is TRUE?
A. The director of the story of Puppets mixes different operas in it.
B. Green Hat is from a famous novel acted by some American artists.
C. Top acrobatic artists will present their performances around our country.
D. The Peking Opera Troupe will give two performances with the same excerpts.
There was no answer.
Still no answer.
“Where’s that boy gone? Tom!”
The old lady looked all around the room. She looked under the bed, but found only the cat.
“If I catch that boy…” she whispered to herself.
She opened the door and looked out into the garden.
“Tom!” she shouted.
Then she heard a slight noise behind her. She turned round just in time to catch the boy as he came out of a cupboard.
“And what have you been doing in there?”
“Nothing,” said the boy.
“Nothing? Look at your hands and your mouth! What is that?”
“I don’t know, Aunt.”
“Well, I know. It’s a jam. I’ve told you for ty times that if you touched that jam, I’d skin you. Give me that stick.”
“Look out, Aunt! Look behind you!”
The old lady turned round and Tom was out of the door in a flash, over the garden fence and away.
“Damn that boy! Will I never learn? He’s always playing tricks on me. And he seems to know just now how far he can go, too. But I can’t take a stick to him. I really can’t. After all, he’s my dead sister’s boy. Ah well, he’ll stay away from school today and I’ll have to make him work tomorrow.”
At supper Aunt Polly tried to trick Tom into admitting(容许) that he hadn’t gone to school.
“It was rather hot today, wasn’t it, Tom?”
“Yes,” answered Tom.
“You didn’t have to open your shirt collar(衣领) where I sewed it, then.”
Tom was confident, now. he opened his jacket. His collar sewed well.
“Oh, Tom,” said Aunt Polly. “You’re a good boy really.”
She was sorry that she had been wrong about him.
“But Aunt,” came a voice. It was Sidney, Tom’s younger brother. “Didn’t you sew Tom’s collar with white cotton? Look! Now it’s black.”
Tom was already running out of the door.
48. What does the underlined work “skin” probably mean in the passage?
A. Praise. B. Beat. C. Touch. D. Cheat.
49. What can be inferred from Sidney’s words in the passage?
A. Tom made his jacket dirty on purpose.
B. Tom didn’t go to school that day.
C. Tom was a dirty boy.
D. Sidney hated Tom so he wanted to punish him.
50. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A. Tom’s mother passed away.
B. Tom’s aunt was a good sewer.
C. Tom was good at sports.
D. Aunt Polly felt sorry for his misunderstanding of Tom.
Anvitha Vijay, nine, has created many educational apps. The young girl from Melbourne, Australia, learned to programme at the age of seven. Soon, she was trying her hand at making apps.
“ When I first got my iPad, I was interested in all the apps on it,” she said. “It wasn’t long before I wanted to create my own.”
She built her first two apps with her younger sister. Smartkins Animals helps children identify(识别) animals. Smartkins Rainbow Colors teaches kids colors. Each app has been downloaded thousands of times.
Anvitha’s skills gave her a chance to attend a big meeting hosted by Apple in San Francisco, California. There, she got tips from experts. She went to workshops where she learned about the latest software such as Sketch for app building.
All that training led to an idea for a third app. This one, called GoalsHi, helps kids to practice good habits. Users are rewarded for achieving goals, such as eating their vegetables or practicing the piano. Anvitha says the rewards are like getting a sticker for a job that they do well.
“Kids can set goals with this app and get stars when they achieve them,” she says. “The idea is to encourage kids to achieve one little step a day.”
Anvitha’s goal is to continue creating apps that help kids learn while having fun. But even more important to her is that the world sees the power of technology in kids’ hands. “The more training we get in technology at an early age,” she says, “ the better chance we have of becoming a person who will one day change the world.”
51. Which of the following is TRUE about Anvitha Vijay?
A. She started to learn to programme when she was nine.
B. She has created three educational apps.
C. Her brother helped her create some apps.
D. She is from San Francisco, California.
52. What’s the correct order about Anvitha’s activities?
①She got some tips from app experts. ②She began to learn to programme.
③She got an idea for a third app. ④She built her first two apps with her sister.
A. ②④③① B. ②③④① C. ②④①③ D. ③④①②
53. What is probably the best title for the passage?
A. A Child’s Goal B. Children and Apps
C. A Great App Maker D. A New Educational App
Your mother was wrong: Sitting up straight is bad for you. Scottish scientist made sure that bending back 130 degrees between body and the upper part of legs reduces pressure on the discs (椎间盘) in the lower back. This is why the Aeron chair was so ahead of its time in 1994.
But designers find that the features of chairs like the Aeron are lost on most sitters. Tension(张力) from bending back, lumbar (腰部的) support and seat depth are commonly ignored(忽视) by users, who only think to change the chair’s height.
This has producers such as Herman Miller and Humanscale looking toward the next product: a self-adjusting chair. “We are working on a chair that will listen to who’s sitting on it and adjust(调整) itself to their weight,” says Bill Dowell, director of research at Herman Miller, which makes the Aeron. Humanscale’s freedom chair includes a counterbalance system that adjusts itself according to the sitter’s weight as he or she bends back.[来源:学科网ZXXK]
Or perhaps the chair of the future isn’t one at all. Chairs do good to curing back p ain, which influences eight out of ten Americans. “Our idea of a machine for sitting may not make sense all around the world,” says Herman Miller designer Cameron Campbell. Galen Cranz points out in her book The Chair that the Indian practice of squatting(蹲) and the Muslim practice of spreading five times a day are good to our body in some ways. Ten years from now, one worker may be used to sitting in a low recliner(躺椅), another will sit on knees on a soft carpet, and they’ll talk across a pile of office cushions(靠垫).
54. Why was the Aeron chair so popular once?
A. It was just newly invented.
B. It offered comfort and health to sitters.
C. It could cure many diseases.
D. It changed people’s ideas about sitting position.
55. The second paragraph mainly tells us that the Aeron chair _________.
A. had man weaknesses before
B. needed improving in time
C. wasn’t made full use of
D. could be changed in height
56. What most probably makes the freedom chair attract its sitters?
A. Its ability to adjust itself.
B. Its cheap price.
C. Its understanding of sitters’ words.
D. Its different appearance.
57. It can be inferred from the last paragraph that _________.
A. workers all need a low recliner
B. the future chairs will not sell well
C. the machines for sitting are in great need
D. the future chairs will satisfy different people’s needs
第II卷 （主观题 共40分）
1. “The Belt and Road”(一带一路) _________ (服务) to open up a market for China as well as other countries along.
2. President Xi Jinping’s_________ (讲话) are of great importance and we all feel excited.
3. The experienced captain suggested___________ (控制) the speed of the ship first in the storm.
4. You may not as smart as others, but you can catch up_________ (凭借) hard work.
5. We should never make such important_________ (decide) without much thought.
6. It is _________ (完全地) different from the manners on the playground.
7. It’s certain that there are still many parts that are_________ (know) to us on the earth.
8. My friend tried to calm me down, but his words drove me even_________ (mad).
1. Xiao Zhang promised to chat with me on the Internet, but so far he_________ (not do) so.
2. ---Where is your father?
---He has drunk too much and_________ (lie) in the sofa.
3. _________ (make) himself heard, he spoke as loudly as he could in the hall.
4. The tickets you are looking forward to_________ (sell) out soon if you don’t order them in time.
5. Last Tuesday morning the young man______ (jog) along the street when a car suddenly hit him.
6. How did you have your parents_________ (promise) to let you go on the trip.
7. What action shall we take to move towards_________ (achieve) full marks in our maths exam?
8. ---Have you received Wendy’s application form?
---Not yet. She told me that she wanted to check it again and_________ (hand) it in soon.
Enriching(使丰富) your life means making an effort to make your life as meaningful and happy as possible. Though you may have difficulty realizing it, there are endless steps you can take to experience new things, gain knowledge, and enjoy what you already have.
Learn to forgive others. If you often hate other people around you, then you won’t live a wonderful life. So learn to move forward and accept nobody and that everyone makes mistakes. If someone has really hurt you and feel it difficult to accept that person’s apology(道歉), then be honest about it. Don’t pretend(假装)that you’re okay and then go on complaining. This won’t get you very far.
Volunteer to help others. It will not only be good for the people around you, but also make you able to connect with different people who can influence your life just as positively(积极地) as you can influence theirs. You can work in a homeless shelter or help do the cleaning in your neighbourhood.
Try to be less wasteful. Trying to be not wasteful can help you become thankful and really enjoy the world around you more. You can use paper instead of plastic whenever you can. Don’t use too many products that can’t be used again. Go to somewhere on foot or by bike instead of driving. All these ideas make you less wasteful.
Get along well with your friends and family. No matter how busy you are, you should develop a habit of spending time with your loved ones and letting them know how much they mean to you. You can write thank-you cards to your friends and family members or call up your parents or grandparents regularly. If you’re not living in the same place, then often tell yourself to call just to say “hi”.
Title: Enrich Your Life
Meaning of a rich life It means a meaningful and happy life.
It helps people to have new 1 , gain knowledge and enjoy their present life.
3 to enrich your life Forgive others. Accept the fact that nobody is perfect.
Don’t be 2 about it if you really have difficulty accepting others’ apologies.
help others. Connect with someone who can have a positive influence on your life .
Try to be
less wasteful. Thank and enjoy the world around you.
4 using products that can’t be reused as often as possible.
Reduce the use of your car and try to walk or ride a bike more often.
5 with others. Stay with your loved ones and let them know how you care about them.
Keep in touch with them by writing “thank-you” cards or making regular calls.
Wang Yuan, one of the TF Boys, was _______________ ______________ at the UN Forum.
Yan Geling’s novel Youth is such a wonderful work ______________________ by the readers.
As the baby’s mother, I can’t _______________________________ at home.
What great difficulty we __________________________________ challenges!
Stephen Hawking died on March 14, 2018 and the whole world ______________________
_________________________________________on space and time.
Let’s roll up our sleeves and work hard, for success_______________________________.
1. 该电影以R.J. Palacio的一部小说为基础，讲述了一名叫Auggie的小男孩的故事。
2. 与生俱来的脸部畸形(facial differences)，阻碍他像普通人般生活。
Wonder is an American film which is so popular these days.
1-5 A C B C A 6-10 A B C B C 11-15 C A B B C 16-20 C B A C B
21-25. B C D C B 26-30. B D C D B 31-34. C D A A
35-39. B B A C C 40-44. A D B A B
45-47. C B/D A 48-50. B B A 51-53. B C C 54-57. B C A D
1. serves 2. speeches 3. controlling 4. through
5. decisions 6. completely 7. unknown 8. madder
1. hasn’t done 2. is lying 3. To make 4. will be sold
5. was jogging 6. promise 7. achieving 8. would hand
1. experiences 2. dishonest 3. steps/ ways/ how 4. avoid/stop 5. relationships
1. the first Chinese teenager to give a speech/talk
2. that it is spoken/thought highly of / that it is praised highly
3. risk leaving him alone
4. will have taking on others’ / have taking on others’
5. felt sad/sorry about the loss of a scientist working (hard) / devoting himself to the research
6. mainly depends on what we have done
It is based on a novel by R.J. Palacio. It tells a story about a boy called Auggie. He was born with facial differences. This prevents him from living like common people. It seems to be impossible for him to meet a true friend. But his family provide him with support. Later, he knows how to deal with these problems. He is considered as the best student in the school. I think Auggie is a brave boy. He can face the difficulty and won’t give up. I should learn from him.