第I卷 （客观题 共70分）
1. Which sport does the woman do in Harbin?
2. How did Jenny go to school today?
3. Where does the girl’s father work now?
4. What is the time now?
5. What does the man do?
A. A detective. B. A salesman. C. A student.
6. How many maths problems has Rose finished?
A. Two . B. Ten. C. Eight.
7. Where is the man going?
A. To the market. B. To the office. C. To the park.
8. What does Mr Zhang think of Miss Yang?
A. She walks too fast.
B. She walks very slowly.
C. She can’t walk any further.
9. How much did Mrs Green pay for the shirt?
A. 20 yuan. B. 40 yuan. C. 60 yuan.
10. What can we learn from the talk?
A. Bob didn’t watch the game.
B. Bob lost the game.
C. Bob works hard.
11. How long has the man had the computer?
A. Two days. B. One day. C. Two weeks.
12. How soon can the computer be repaired?
A. At least two days. B. At least two weeks. C. At least a year.
Why is hiking popular?
Reason 1 ● healthy and relaxing
● good exercise without ______ (13)
Reason 2 ● simple and cheap
● what you need to do: wear a pair of ______ (14) and a smile on your face
Reason 3 ● can help you get away from your ______ (15)
● can make you energetic and confident
13. A. running B. jumping C. hurting
14. A. glasses B. boots C. trousers
15. A. daily life B. strange mood C. bad habits
16. How will most thieves save themselves when they are in trouble?
A. Running away. B. Killing people. C. Making up stories.
17. What was the man trying to take away?
A. A camera. B. A necklace. C. A gold ring.
18. At first what did the owner want to do when he caught the thief?
A. To call the police.
B. To throw him out of the shop.
C. To kill him.
19. Do you think the thief really wanted to buy the beautiful thing?
A. Yes, because his wife liked it a lot.
B. Yes, but he only wanted a cheaper one.
C. No, he just made an excuse.
20. What do you think the shop owner would feel when the thief asked for something cheaper?
A. He would feel very angry and would like to send him to the police station.
B. He would feel sorry and went to get a cheaper one for him.
C. He would feel worried because he didn’t have anything cheaper.
21. ---Is Mr. Xi Jinping _______ honest and capable man?
---Yes. And that is why he was chosen to be _______ president of our country.
A. a; a B. an; the C. the; the D. a; /
22. Peter tried on three jackets, but _______ of them fitted him.
A. all B. none C. both D. neither
23. Of the seven days in a week, Saturday is said to be the most popular _______ for a wedding in some countries.
A. way B. situation C. choice D. chance
24. ---The man in a black suit _______ be our youth worker.
--- I’m sure it _______ be him. I saw him in the laboratory building some minutes ago.
A. must; can’t B. can; mustn’t C. can; could D. must; won’t
25. He realized his mistakes and took action to reduce the loss _______ it was too late.
A. until B. when C. before D. as
26. What did you do _______ the little girl _______ her parents just now?
A. reminded; of B. reminded; about
C. to remind; about D. to remind; of
27. ---Will you go with us for an outing on Saturday?
--- I’d like to, but I am really busy these days. I can’t _______ a whole weekend.
A. afford B. offer C. share D. spend
28. Your opinion is considered to be _______ great value _______him.
A. of; for B. in; of C. of; to D. /; to
29. ---Mike seldom has breakfast at home, _______?
--- _______ this morning.
A. does he; No, but he did B. does he; No, he hasn’t
C. has he; Yes, he has D. hasn’t he; Yes, he doesn’t
30. ---Where have you _______ all day?
--- I came back at noon and I _______ in this office since then.
A. been in; had been B. been in; was
C. been; have been D. been; am
31. ---Do you know _______?
---At the end of July.
A. how soon is your sister coming back home
B. how often Nancy hears from her pen friend
C. when the London Olympic Games were held
D. when will the new computer game come out
32. ---Is that 120? A man is seriously hurt near the railway station.
--- OK. Help is _______.
A. in the way B. by the way C. on the way D. all the way
33. ---Excuse me, Sir. But smoking is not allowed here.
---Sorry, I didn’t see the sign. I’ll _______ my cigarette at once.
A. put out B. put away C. put up D. put off
34. Thank you so much for the book you sent me. _______.
A. No, thanks. B. I’m glad you like it
C. Please don’t say so D. No, it’s not so good
She is a beautiful red-haired girl. She has been shopping with her Mom in Wal-Mart. It was 35 outside. We all stood there under the 36 , just outside the door.
Her voice was so sweet that it 37 the dull (沉闷的) surroundings (环境). “Mom, let’s run through the rain,” she said.
“What?” Mom asked.
“Let’s run through the rain!” she repeated.
“No, honey. We’ll wait 38 it slows down a bit,” Mom replied.
This young child waited about another 39 and repeated: “Mom, let’s run through the rain.”
“We’ll get wet if we do,” Mom said.
“No, we won’t, Mom. That’s not what you said this morning,” the young girl said as she 40 her Mom’s arm.
“This morning? When did I say we could run through the rain and not get wet?”
“Don’t you remember? When you were 41 to Daddy about his cancer, you said, ‘If God can get us through this, he can get us through 42 !”
The crowd became 43 . Nothing could be heard but the rain. No one came or left in the next few minutes.
Mom thought for a moment about what she would say. “Honey, you are right. Let’s run through the rain. If we get wet, maybe we’ll just need to get a wash.” Mom said.
Then off they ran. People all stood watching, smiling and laughing as they rushed past the cars and through the puddles(水坑). They held their shopping bags over their heads. They got wet through. But they were 44 by a few who laughed like children all the way to their cars.
People can take away your money and health. But no one can ever take away your memories… So don’t forget to make time to make memories every day.
35. A. blowing B. pouring C. falling D. raising
36. A. shelter B. tent C. curtain D. window
37. A. filled B. covered C. matched D. broke
38. A. unless B. until C. if D. when
39. A. time B. second C. minute D. hour
40. A. pulled B. raised C. bent D. moved
41. A. complaining B. lying C. reporting D. talking
42. A. that B. something C. anything D. nothing
43. A. sad B. nervous C. silent D. worried
44. A. led B. followed C. rushed D. sent
A passenger(乘客) told an air hostess that he needed a cup of water to take his medicine when the plane just took off. She said to him that she would bring him the water in ten minutes.
The air hostess was kept so busy that she forgot to give him the water. As a result, the passenger was held up to take his medicine. Thirty minutes later, when the passenger’s ring for service sounded, the air hostess hurried over to him with a cup of water, but he refused it.
In the following hours on the plane, each time the air hostess passed the passenger, she would ask him with a smile whether he needed help or not. But the passenger never replied to her.
When the passenger was going to get off the plane, he asked the air hostess to hand him the passenger’ booklet. She knew that he would write down sharp words about her job,
but with a smile she handed it to him.
Off the plane, the air hostess opened the booklet, and smiled because the passenger wrote, “On the flight, you asked me whether I needed help or not for twelve times in all. How can I refuse your twelve sincere smiles?”
45. The underlined word “it” in Paragraph 4 refers to the________.
A. medicine B. water C. cup D. booklet
46. At the end of the story, we know the passenger was ________ with the air hostess.
A. pleased B. unhappy C. angry D. bored
For the 17 years my life was very happy. Then the first sad thing happened. My mother became very ill. Just before she died, she asked Elizabeth and me to go to her room. She said, “Victor and Elizabeth, I’m very happy because you love each other, and because one day you’ll get married. Everyone in the family loves you, Elizabeth. Will you take my place in the family, my dear? I can die happy if you look after them when I have gone.”
My mother died and we were very sad, because we loved her so much. Elizabeth was brave and helped us; her sweet smile gave us some happiness in the unhappy days after my mother’s death. The time came for me to go to university(大学). I didn’t want to leave my sad family, but we all knew that I should go. It was hard to leave, too, because the parents of my good friend Henry would not let him go to university with me. So I had gone alone.
On my first day at university I met Professor Waldman. He gave a wonderful talk to all the students. He ended his talk by saying, “Some of you will become the greatest scientists of tomorrow. You must study hard and discover everything that you can.”
After the professor’s talk, I thought very carefully. I remembered the storm when I was 15; I remembered how the lightning had destroyed the tree. From then on, I wanted to use electricity to help people, and I wanted to discover the secrets of life. I decided to work on these two things.
I started to work the next day. I worked very hard and soon Professor Waldman and I realized that I could learn to be a very good scientist.
The professor and other important scientists helped me. I was interested in my work and I did not take one day’s holiday during the next two years. After two years, I had discovered many things and I built a scientific machine that was the best in the university. My machine would help me answer the most important question of all. How does life begin? Is it possible to put life into dead things? To answer these questions about life I had to learn first about death. I had to watch bodies from the moment when they died and the warm life left them. In the hospital and in the university, I watched the dying and the dead. Day after day, month after month, I followed death, so it was a dark and terrible time.
I built a tall mast(桅杆)about 150 metres high, which is higher than the tallest building in the city, to catch lightning and send the electricity down to my machine in the lab. I believed I could use that electricity to give life to things that were dead.
Then one day, the answer came to me. Suddenly I was sure that I knew the secret of life.
47. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?
A. Elizabeth married shortly after Victor’s mother died.
B. Elizabeth was a brave girl who loved Victor and gave him much help.
C. Victor’s mother was very angry when she knew he loved Elizabeth.
D. Victor did not want to leave his family because his mother died not long before.
48. Victor did all the following during his research in the university EXCEPT that ______.
A. he discovered many things and built a scientific machine
B. he learnt much about death both in the hospital and in the university
C. he worked hard and took only one day’s holiday during the next two years
D. he built a tall mast to catch lightning and send the electricity down to the lab
49. According to the writer, the secret of life is to _______.
A. give life to things that were dead B. build the best machine to learn about death
C. use electricity to help others D. become the greatest scientist of tomorrow
50. Which is the correct order about the life of Victor?
① Victor’s mother passed away.
② Victor got help from the professor and other scientists.
③ Victor went to university and attended the professor’s talk.
④ Victor found the answer to giving life to things that were dead.
⑤ Victor experienced a storm, seeing the lightning destroying the tree.
A. ①②③④⑤ B. ⑤①②④③ C. ①③②⑤④ D. ⑤①③②④
A Brown University sleep researcher has some advice for people who run high schools: Don’t start classes so early in the morning. It may not be that the students who nod off at their desks are lazy. And it may not be that their parents have failed to enforce(确保) bedtime. Instead, it may be that biologically(生物学上)these sleepyhead(贪睡者)students aren’t used to the early hour.
“Maybe these kids are being asked to rise at the wrong time for their bodies,” says Mary Carskadon, a professor looking at problem of adolescent (青春期的)sleep at Brown’s School of Medicine.
Carskadon is trying to understand more about the effects of early school time in adolescents. And, at a more basic level, she and her team are trying to learn more about how the biological changes of adolescence affect sleep needs and patterns(方式).
Carskadon says her work suggests that adolescents may need more sleep than they did at childhood, no less, as commonly thought.
Sleep patterns change during adolescence, as any parent of an adolescent can prove. Most adolescents prefer to stay up later at night and sleep later in the morning. But it’s not just a matter of choice---their bodies are going through a change of sleep patterns.
All of this makes the transfer(迁移)from middle school to high school---which may start one hour earlier in the morning----all the more difficult, Carskadon says. With their increased need for sleep and their biological clocks set on the “sleep late, rise late” pattern, adolescents are up against difficulties when they try to be up by 5 or 6 a.m. for a 7:30 a.m. first bell. A short sleep on a desktop may be their body’s way of saying. “I need a timeout.”
51. Carskadon suggests that high schools should not start classes so early in the morning
A. it is really tough for parents to enforce bedtime
B. it is biologically difficult for students to rise early
C. students work so late at night that they can’t get up early
D. students are so lazy that they don’t like to go to school early
52. The underlined phrase nod off most probably means _______.
A. turn around B. agree with others C. fall asleep D. refuse to work
53. What might be a reason for the hard transfer from middle school to high school?
A. Adolescents depend more on their parents.
B. Adolescents have to choose their sleep patterns.
C. Adolescents sleep better than they did at childhood.
D. Adolescents need more sleep than they used to.
54. What is the test mainly about?
A. Adolescent health care. B. Problems in adolescent learning.
C. Adolescent sleep difficulties. D. Changes in adolescent sleep needs and patterns.
Parents are a child’s first teachers. But some parents never learned from good examples. In New York City, Covenant House tries to help homeless young mothers become good parents.
The twelve or so teenagers who live at the shelter attend parenting classes four days a week. The class is called Mommy and Me.
Teacher Delores Clemens is a mother of five and a grandmother. She teaches basic skills, like how to give a baby a bath and how to dress a baby in different seasons.
She remembers one student who learned from her mother not to pick up a crying baby. The mother said that would only make the child needy.
“I said ‘That’s not true. You have to hold your baby! He is crying for a reason. If you never pick him up, he’s going to keep crying. Pick your baby up. Hug(拥抱)him! And she started to do that. They just want a little hugging and a little love. And it works!” Delores Clemens said.
Delores Clemens says her students also learn how to be good mothers by letting themselves be mothered. “I’m doing something for them that never has been done for them before.”
In class, with her baby son, is Natasha. She lived on the streets. She is glad not only for the warmth and shelter of Covenant House. As she told reporter Adam Phillips, she is also glad for the help they offer in looking for a safer life.
“Did you go to high school?”
“Did you graduate?”
“No, I didn’t. I was in my last year and then, I got pregnant(怀孕)and I got lazy.”
“You look like you are willing to accept responsibility(责任)for that.”
“Yes, I am, and I would like to finish.”
Some teenage mothers wish they themselves could be children again. 18-year-old Placida knows that feeling. “Because you have to get up every two hours in the middle of the night, and you can’t go out and say ‘I am going to buy this for myself.’ No. I have to buy pampers, clothes and food. So now it’s two. So it’s very hard.” Placida said.
55. What did Natasha want to finish high school for?
A. To bring her high school life to an end.
B. To accept the responsibility to look after her baby.
C. To stop the chatting with Adam.
D. To end the relationship with her boyfriend.
56. From what Placida said, we know that she thinks _______.
A. looking after a baby needs love B. having a baby costs more
C. being a mom is hard D. loving comes from responsibility
57. The passage is mainly about _______.
A. a class where teen parents are looked after
B. a class where parents are teaching their children
C. a class where homeless mothers learn to find a job
D. a class where teens learn mothering and are mothered
1. _______ (污染) air does harm to our health. It’s necessary to keep the air fresh and clean.
2. Our success was far _______ (超过) what we thought possible.
3. This kind of disease _______ (传播) so quickly that it drew the government’s attention.
4. The man kept remembering English words every day until he was in his _______ (四十).
5. ---How is your business going? --- It couldn’t be _______ (bad).
6. Each of us _______ (breath) heavily after running on the playground every morning.
7. For everyone’s _______ (safe), we should always remember the law against driving after drinking.
8. Such a camera can help spacemen film _______ (they) during the flight.
1. --- Could you tell me how your daughter usually goes to school?
--- Yes. If it is fine, she (ride) to school.
2. Please stop talking, guys. I can’t hear what the youth worker (explain).
3. Have you heard that the famous astronaut (invite) to give a talk on life
in space next Sunday?
4. More effort should be put into ( improve) our English skills.
5. The three boy students Miss White paid special attention to (make) great progress at last.
6. A large number of people (reply) to what the cruel murderer did since the news was covered on TV.
7. It was reported that the plane to London (fly) back to Paris by the time of 2:30 yesterday afternoon because of the rainstorm.
8. He wasn’t sure if he (vote) for the new manager the following week.
I provided them it.
Although he is a millionaire, the disabled.
I our everyday life.
My cousin asked or not.
The snow was going to the concert.
novels, online games us students.
八、缺词填空 先通读下面的短文，掌握其大意，然后根据短文内容和所给首字母，在空格内填入一个适当的词。所填单词在题后横线上必须完整写出。（本大题5分，每格0.5 分）
I think too many people take weight-loss pills without really knowing that they can do
h (1) to their health. I read about a Canadian actress who had to go to h (2) because she took some weight-loss pills. She lost 7 kg in two months. However, in the pills there’s something that c (3) liver (肝脏) failure, so she had to get a new liver. Luckily, a Chinese young man d (4) part of his liver to save her life.
R (5) , my cousin has read about a new weight-loss pill and she really wants to try it. I’ve told her the story of the actress, but she won’t l (6). She’s only 12, but she has become a girl who cares about her figure (体型) and how she looks. She often r (7) to eat. My aunt is worried that my cousin will buy the pills in s (8). She says h (9) is priceless. She thinks that children must eat properly as they are g (10) all the time. I think she is right.
1. M: You just came back from Harbin. Did you have a good time?
W: Yes, I enjoyed myself very much. I learned how to skate on the real ice.
2. M: Hey, Jenny! You rode to school today? Didn’t your father bring you to school in his car as
W: No, he went to London on business. And there is no bus stop near my home.
3. M: I hear your father works in Paris.
W: No. That was five years ago. Since then he’s worked in New York.
4. W: What time is the match?
M: It starts at 4 o’clock. There is only ten minutes left. Be quick.
5. W: Excuse me, I’d like to buy a detective story. Could you show me one?
M: Yes. This one is the most popular, I think.
6. M: Have you finished all the ten maths problems, Rose?
W: I’ve finished them all except No.3 and No. 9.
7. M: Is it the right bus to Xihui Park?
W: No, it’s No.10 Bus. You have to get off at the next stop and take No.15 Bus.
8. M: Couldn’t you walk any faster, Miss Yang?
W: This is the fastest I have ever walked, Mr Zhang.
9. M: I bought this shirt at a sale. I paid only 60 yuan for it. How do you like it?
W: It’s very good and fits you, but Mrs Green bought the same thing for two-thirds of the price.
10. W: Bob didn’t work as well as before.
M: Yes. He kept on thinking about the game he had lost.
W: Good afternoon. Can I help you?
M: Yes, please. I bought this computer the day before yesterday.
But there is something wrong with it. Last night it just couldn’t work. I cant use it now.
W: Let me see. It seems that it hasn’t been used in the right way.
Maybe I have to send it back to the factory and have it repaired.
M: OK. How long do I have to wait before I can get it repaired?
W: At least two weeks, I think.
Today more and more people like to go hiking. Why is hiking becoming popular?
Firstly, hiking is not only a healthy but also a relaxing activity. It’s good exercise that doesn’t hurt your body.
Secondly, it’s simple and cheap to go hiking. All you need to do is to wear a pair of hiking boots and a smile on your face.
Thirdly, hiking is the best way to get away from your everyday life. You can hike alone or go with your friends. After hiking, you’ll have a clear mind and then return to work with confidence.
Not all the thieves are lucky enough to get what they want. Sometimes they will be unhappy if they are caught by other people. Most thieves will save themselves by making up stories when they are in trouble.
A small shop sold a lot of nice jewellery, and the owner was always careful to look after the things. One day when a thief came and tried to take a beautiful necklace, the owner of the shop caught him at once and went to call the police to come. “Please don’t do that!” the thief said. “I have a wife and three children at home. And I will pay for the necklace.” The owner of the shop felt sorry for the man and he didn’t want to have trouble with the police, so he agreed that the man should pay for the necklace.
But when he gave the necklace to the thief and asked him to pay the money, the man looked surprised and said, “I don’t want to get anything as expensive as that. Do you have anything cheaper?”
1—5 ACBBB 6---10 CCBBB 11---15 ABCBA 16---20 CBACA
21—25 BBCAC 26---30 DACAC 31—34 CCAB
35---39 BADBC 40---44 ADCCB
45-46 DA 47—50 BCAD 51—54 BCDD 55—57 BCD
1. Polluted 2. beyond 3. spread 4. forties
5. worse 6. breathes 7. safety 8. themselves
1. rides 2. is explaining 3. will be invited 4. improving
5. made 6. have replied 7. had flown 8. would vote
1. I provided them with some advice/suggestions on how to deal with it.
2. Although he is a millionaire, he has devoted all his life to helping the disabled.
3. I don’t believe robots will make a great difference to our everyday life.
4. My cousin asked whether dried food could be stored for a long time or not.
5. The snow was so heavy that it stopped us (from) going to the concert.
6. Compared with novels, online games have a bad effect on us students.
1. harm 2. hospital 3. causes 4. donated 5. Recently
6. listen 7. refuses 8. secret 9. health 10. growing
Li Hua has improved a lot this term. In the past he didn’t do well in his subjects. He often quarreled with his classmates. Rubbish was spread all over the floor by him. His desk was always in a mess. He has changed a lot since the teacher had communication with him. Now he works hard at his lessons. He gets along well with his classmates. He often sweeps the floor. His parents and teachers are satisfied with him. I hope he will get good grades in the coming exam. (82 words)