【www.5ykj.com - 莲山课件】
答题前, 认真阅读文章, 掌握文章提供的信息内容, 同时要明确文章的中心思想，为答题做好准备。
除了注意书写规范以外, 还要确保表达的准确性, 要注意语态、时态和人称等的变化。
There are so many expressions in American English that sound pleasant (令人愉快的) but are not. 1_________ When someone says they have to “face the music”, it does not mean they are going to a concert. “Facing the music” means to accept and deal with the punishment of an action.
2_________ For example, “I can’t face another night of camping! It’s cold and rainy”. Or “In life, you must face your fears”. Face used in this way is very common. But now, let’s go back to facing the music. Imagine a friend asks you to take care of her beautiful red sports car. She gives you the keys and says, “Thanks so much for watching my car while I’m away. But please, do not drive it. It is an extremely (极其) fast car. 3_________ You want to show off to some friends. So, you drive it around town one night. As bad luck would have it, you lose control of the car and drive it into a stop sign. Bang!
When your friend returns you must tell her what you have done and “face the music”. 4_________ It could be losing her friendship or paying for repairs to her sports car or both. Whatever the music is, you must face it.
5_________ To “take your medicine” means to accept the results from something bad you have done. And if someone says, “You made your bed. Now lie in it.” they mean you created a bad situation and now you will experience the results.
A. But you do not listen.
B. “Face the music” is a good example.
C. The “music” here is the result of your actions.
D. Americans often use the word “face” in this way.
E. There are other American expressions that mean the same thing as “Face the music”.
1. ___________ 2. ____________ 3. ____________ 4. ____________ 5. ____________
Earthquakes usually come without warning. What should you do if this happens to you? An earthquake is dangerous, but there are still things you can do to protect yourself.
• Stay calm as the earth begins to shake. Your chances of survival (幸存；存活) in an earthquake go up if you can keep calm. 6 _________.
• 7. _________ You need to have something strong around you to protect you from falling objects. Do not stand near walls or windows and stay out of the kitchen. The kitchen is dangerous because of many glass objects.
• 8. _________ Stay away from buildings and trees. If you are in a car, pull over to a place where there are no trees or tall buildings and stay in the car. If you are close to the sea, try to get as far away from the water as possible. Earthquakes can cause huge waves that can really harm the people nearby.
• 9. _________ For example, gas fire often comes with an earthquake. If you see a fire, quickly move outdoors to an open area.
Remember to always hope for the best but prepare for the worst.
A. If you are outside, get to an open area as fast as you can.
B. Staying calm is not easy, but it can save your life.
C. If you are inside when the earthquake starts, get under a table or a bed.
D. When the earthquake is over, there is still plenty of danger.
6. ___________ 7. ____________ 8. ____________ 9. ____________
( )1. What is the passage mainly about?
A. The ways to protect yourself when an earthquake happens.
B. The ways to stay away from tall buildings.
C. The ways to stay calm.
D. The ways to move outdoors to an open area.
A mouse was surprised to discover that the farmer and his wife had a mousetrap（老鼠夹）in the house. It ran to warn everyone, “There is a mousetrap in the house!”
A hen raised his head and said, “Mr. Mouse, this mousetrap is only for you. I won’t be worried about it.” The mouse turned to a pig, “I am sorry, Mr. Mouse, but the mousetrap has nothing to do with me, either!” the pig said. Then the mouse turned to a cow, “It sounds like you have a problem, not me.” the cow said. The mouse returned to the house with head down and it was very sad because no one would help.
That night the farmer’s wife heard a loud sound and she rushed to see what was caught. In the darkness she could not see that it was a snake. The snake bit（咬）the farmer’s wife. The wife caught a bad fever and the farmer found the best way to treat a fever was chicken soup. So the farmer killed the hen for the soup. The wife got worse and her friends came to visit her. The farmer had to kill the pig to feed them. But the wife didn’t get better and died. Her friends came and the farmer had to kill the cow to feed all of them.
So remember when any one of us is in trouble, we may all be in trouble.
11. Why was the mouse very sad? （不超过5个词）
12. What was caught by the mousetrap that night? （不超过5个词） ____________________________________________________________________________
13. What can we learn from the story? （不超过15个词） ____________________________________________________________________________
Is chatting on your mobile phone boring without colorful emojis (表情符号)? Those happy, sad and laughing faces help us talk.
So what kind of emoji does a country like most? It has something to do with the environment and culture of different countries, according to a report in The Atlantic.
France loves heart emoji more than any other country. It’s reported that 55% of emojis it uses are hearts .This adds to France’s image (形象) as a romantic country.
As for Americans, we see many users choose food pictures. America uses the burger and chicken leg emoji more often than other countries.
Besides, a nation’s scenery and history affect its emoji usage, too?
As it often snows in Russia, people there turn to snow emoji more than those in any other country. In China, people like using panda emoji. And Australia uses more rabbit emoji than anywhere else. It once built the longest fence (篱笆) in the world to keep rabbits from eating their way too far west.
14. The ________ emojis can help people ________ on the mobile phone.
15. France loves ________ emoji best ________ France is a romantic country.
16. The environment, culture, as well as ________ and scenery of a country can ________ its emoji usage.
17. It is often for ________ to choose emoji of food ________ the burger and chicken leg.
18. Australia once built the ________ fence in the world to ________ rabbits eating their way too far west.
Do you often help the people who are in need?
One day, two boys were walking along the road to school when they saw an old woman carrying a large basket of pears. The old woman looked very tired. They went up and said, “Are you going to town? If you are, we’ll help you carry your basket.”
“Thank you,” said the woman. “That’s very kind of you.” Then she told them that she was going to the market to sell the pears. So the boys decided to lift the basket together. They walked slowly with the heavy basket, but they were happy.
The other day, I saw a little girl pick up a piece of banana peel (水果皮). She threw it into the dustbin (垃圾箱). “I hope nobody would throw that on the street,” she said. “Someone may slip (滑倒) and fall.”
Perhaps some people may say that these are not great things. That’s right. But almost all great things are made up of such small things. We shouldn’t wait for the time to do great things. We should begin with these things that are full of love.
19. What was the old woman carrying?（根据短文内容回答问题）
20. Where were the two boys going?（根据短文内容回答问题）
21. Should we wait for the time to do great things?（根据短文内容回答问题）
But almost all great things are made up of such small things.
23. In the passage, the underlined word “it” refers to __________________.
A. Goldie does not care about beauty or clothes
B. She learned to make a machine with the blocks（积木）
C. Yet girls appear far less interested in STEM subjects
D. They should also provide a good education
E. The four areas together are known as STEM
Not enough American students want to be engineers, mathematicians, or scientists. The US government wants to change that. The government will spend three billion dollars on the education of young Americans in science, technology, engineering, and math. (24) __________.
Many jobs in the STEM fields will open in the coming years. The purpose of the government’s investment (投资) is to increase the number of Americans who can take those jobs. (25) __________ than boys. Only 25 percent of STEM students are girls.
Camsie McAdams is at the US Education Department. She says girls simply do not feel welcomed in STEM subjects.
Debbie Sterling is an engineer. She invented a toy for girls. The name of the toy is “Goldie Blox”. To interest girls, Sterling created the character “Goldie”. (26) __________. Goldie tells stories, solves difficult problems and builds new worlds.
Mia is a seven-year-old girl who likes science. In her room, she has no fashion dolls. Instead, she received a set of Goldie Blox from her grandmother. (27) __________.
Experts say parents should do more than just buy toys to interest their girls in STEM subjects. (28) __________. At school, girls should take part in projects that require teamwork and creative thinking.
24. __________ 25. ___________ 26. ___________ 27. ___________ 28. ___________
11. (Because) no one would help.
12. A snake (was caught).
13. (Remember) when any one of us is in trouble, we may all be in trouble. / We should help others when they are in trouble.
14. colorful；talk/chat/communicate 15. heart；because/as/for
16. history；affect/influence 17. Americans/America；like
19. She was carrying a large basket of pears.
20. They were going to school/town.
21. No, we shouldn’t.
23. the piece of banana peel