第一部分 听力（共两节，满分 30 分）(略)
It’s a white Christmas in the United States today, with snow falling from Seattle to Maine.
Biting winds with snow swept the Northeast.
Earlier, up to 15 inches of snow fell during a snow storm in Maine, while up to one foot fell in New Hampshire. Winds reached 76 mph on Cape Cod, Massachusetts, while up to 61 mph winds tore through Long Island, New York. Falling snow collected on the runways at Boston’s Logan International Airport, causing temporary flight delays.
The wind was so severe in Pennsylvania and New Jersey that the annual (重演) of George Washington and his soldiers’crossing the Delaware River was canceled, the Washington Crossing Historic Park told ABC News.
Heavy lake effect snow fell in western Michigan.
The National Weather Service has issued a wind-chill warning and advisory (公告) from Montana to Michigan. Bitter cold air in the Midwest produced wind chills Monday morning as low as minus 48 degrees in North Dakota and minus 47 in northern Minnesota.
As this bitter cold made its way east overnight, it was expected to move over relatively mild Great Lakes, producing intense lake-effect snow bands capable of producing 2 to 4 inches of snow in an hour.
• West Coast
That storm system moved overnight through the Rockies, bringing more snow and the threat of avalanches(雪崩). The National Weather Service has issued an avalanche warning for the Wasatch Range Mountains outside Salt Lake City.
21. Why was the annual reenactment of George Washington and his soldiers’ crossing the Delaware River canceled?
A. Because the river was frozen. B. Because the wind was too strong.
C. Because the snow was too thick. D. Because the temperature was too low.
22. Which of the following is the bad weather that has set in according to the passage?
A. The avalanches. B. A white Christmas.
C. A mess of people’s life. D. Heavy snow, biting wind and chills.
23. What is the style of the passage?
A. Weather report.
B. News about the effect of bad weather.
C. News about bad weather.
D. A bad-weather warning and advisory.
【答案】21. B 22. D 23. C
21. 细节理解题。根据文章第5段The wind was so severe in Pennsylvania and New Jersey that the annual reenactment (重演) of George Washington and his soldiers’ crossing the Delaware River was canceled, the Washington Crossing Historic Park told ABC News.可知，因为宾夕法尼亚和新泽西的风极强，所以取消。故选B。
22. 细节理解题。根据文章可知，坏天气已经造成了Heavy snow, biting wind and chills（大雪，刺骨的寒风和寒冷），故选D。
Four days after Dad’s 67th birthday, he had a heart attack. Luckily, he survived. But something inside him had died. His enthusiasm for life was gone. He refused to follow doctor’s orders, and his sour attitude made everyone upset when they visit him. Dad was left alone.
So I asked Dad to come to live with me on my small farm, hoping the fresh air would help him adjust. Within a week after he moved in, I regretted the invitation. He criticized everything I did. I became frustrated. Something had to be done.
One day I read an article which said when given dogs, depressed patients would be better off. So I drove to the animal shelter that afternoon. As soon as I got there, a pointer’s eyes caught my attention. They watched me calmly.
A staff member said: “He got here two weeks ago and we’ve heard nothing. His time is up tomorrow.”
I turned to the man in horror. “You mean you’re going to kill him?”
“Ma’am,” he said gently. “We don’t have room for every unclaimed dog.”
The staff member’s calm brown eyes awaited my decision. “I’ll take him,” I said.
I drove home with the dog on the front seat beside me. I was helping it out of the car when Dad walked onto the front porch. “Look what I got you!” I said excitedly.
Dad wrinkled his face. “I don’t want it,” he muttered, turning back towards the house. Then, suddenly, the dog pulled free from my grasp. He sat down in front of my Dad.
Dad’s anger melted, and soon he was hugging the dog.
This was the beginning of a warm friendship. Dad named the dog Cheyenne. Together they spent long hours walking down dusty lanes and relaxing on the banks of streams.
Dad’s bitterness faded, and he and Cheyenne went on to make many friends. Then, late one night two years later, I felt Cheyenne’s cold nose burrowing(搜寻) through my bed covers. He had never before come into my bedroom at night. I ran into my father’s room and found that he had passed away.
Two days later, my shock and grief deepened when I discovered Cheyenne lying dead beside Dad’s bed. As I buried him near their favorite stream, I silently thanked the dog for restoring Dad’s peace of mind.
24. After the author’s father survived the heart attack, he .
A. no longer wanted to live
B. was left alone to get full rest
C. ignored everyone who visited him
D. became unpleasant toward other people
25. Why did the author take the pointer home?
A. It was a type that is known for its friendliness.
B. Its eyes made her think it was the best dog available.
C. It caught her attention right away and she didn’t want it to be killed.
D. It was good at getting people’s attention and entertaining them.
26. From the last two paragraphs we can conclude that .
A. more attention should be given to old people
B. dogs are so loyal that they usually die for their friends
C. the author’s father and Cheyenne formed a real connection
D. friendship and care is much more efficient than the medicine
27. Which section of a newspaper is the source of the passage?
【答案】24. D 25. C 26. C 27. D
24. 细节理解题。根据第一段His enthusiasm for life was gone. He refused to follow doctor’s orders, and his sour attitude made everyone upset when they visit him. Dad was left alone.可知父亲变得对生活失去热情，不听从医生的命令，对人尖酸刻薄，所以他的态度并不友好。故选D。
25. 考查细节理解。根据第三段 As soon as I got there, a pointer’s eyes caught my attention. 和The police’s calm brown eyes awaited my decision. “I’ll take him,” I said.可知它引起了我的注意，我不忍心它被杀害，所以我带走了这只狗。故选C。
There are many different voices on charity donations recently. Chen TianQiao, one of the Chinese billionaires, gave away $115 million to the California Institute of Technology (Caltech) to help promote brain research. Chen has been interested in the brain research, believing it can advance the industries of artificial intelligence and virtual reality. However, this huge donation has caused heated discussions among Chinese scholars and internet users.
Many criticized him for giving money to a foreign university rather than domestic institutes for brain research, which are developing fast and are catching up with the US in just a few years. RaoYi, a biologist at Peking University, even said the donation was a typical mistake.
Others, however, support his choice. They believe Caltech is a more reasonable choice compared with Chinese research Institutes. Caltech has a long history and has taken a leading position in biology, and therefore it produces more efficient results. What’s more, the results of the research will benefit not only the Americans, but also the rest of the world.
A similar controversial (有争议的) case started two years ago when Pan ShiYi, chairman of SOHO China, donated $15 million to Harvard University to help disadvantaged Chinese Students.
Many believe that China is still far behind in management and use of donated money, and that as a result, Chinese donators are looking abroad. In comparison, Western countries like the US, which have a long history of donating money, have well-developed systems that use money efficiently. They can also provide full access for donors who want to track the use of the money. To get more donations, Chinese universities should be braver and more honest. They need self-reflection rather than envy.
28. Why did Chen’s huge donations draw people’s attention?
A. It was used for brain research rather than for the poor.
B. It was not used efficiently.
C. It was the largest donation.
D. It should have been donated to a Chinese college.
29. Which of the followings can best replace the underlined word “domestic” in the second paragraph?
A. home. B. family.
C. household. D. homepage.
30. The example of Pan Shi Yi was used to ________.
A. inform some Chinese students are poor at education
B. show off the generosity of Chinese billionaires
C. present the widespread disagreement over donating abroad
D. prove the Chinese are crazy about donations
31. What is the main advice does the author give to the Chinese universities?
A. Developing artificial intelligence.
B. Educating the braver and more honest graduates.
C. Developing fast to catch up with the US.
D. Developing systems to use the donations efficiently.
【答案】28. D 29. A 30. C 31. D
28. 推理判断题。由Many criticized him for giving money to a foreign university rather than domestic institutes for brain research, which are developing fast and are catching up with the US in just a few years.可推知Chen的巨额捐款引起了人们的广泛关注是因为它本应该被捐给中国的大学，故选D。
29. 词义猜测题。Many criticized him for giving money to a foreign university rather than domestic institutes for brain research这句话的意思是许多人批评他把钱捐给了国外，而不是国内的脑研究学院，所以“domestic”的意思是国内的，故选A。
30. 推理判断题。由A similar controversial (有争议的) case started two years ago when Pan Shi Yi, chairman of SOHO China, donated $15 million to Harvard University to help disadvantaged Chinese Students.可推断出例举潘石屹的例子是为了说明捐钱给国外，人们对待此事看法的不同，故选C。
31. 推理判断题。由To get more donations, Chinese universities should be braver and more honest. They need self-reflection rather than envy.可推知作者给中国大学的建议是发展有效使用捐赠的体系，故选D。
The Australian beach town of Byron Bay has a traffic problem, especially during holidays, when local streets are full of cars. But now it’s changed. The world’s first fully solar-powered train runs on a restored(修复)train line that was out of use for more than a decade.
The solar systems on the roof of the train send power to a set of batteries that replace one engine; the other engine is still in place and can provide backup power in an emergency. As the train brakes, it generates more electricity, like a hybrid car. At a train station, the train can be plugged in to pull more power from solar systems on the platform roof. If there’s a long period without sun---somewhat unlikely in this part of the world---the train can also plug in to get renewable energy from the local electricity supply.
“The large solar systems on the platform roof coupled with the solar systems on the train roof produce more solar energy per day than is required to operate an hourly return service,” says Holmes, development director of the nonprofit Byron Bay Railroad company, which runs the train. With one full charge, the train can make 12 to 15 trips.
Volunteers fully restored the train to its old condition to attract more riders, which should take more cars off city streets of the beach town. The train fits 100 seated passengers, with room for more to stand, and also has a luggage room for bikes and surfboards. A ride costs a little more than $2.
The nonprofits thinks it’s a model that could be replicated (复制)elsewhere. “Our service has had no government support or funding at all, but for this to be replicated or improved upon, the key is for government to work with enterprises on the program.” Holmes says. “Our service provides an example of how the sun’s energy can be used for sustainable transport solutions.”
32. Why is the solar train brought into use in Byron Bay?
A. To attract visitors. B. To reduce traffic.
C. To fight pollution. D. To use solar energy.
33. Where does the train get energy on sunless days?
A. From its engines. B. From a hybrid car.
C. From the platform roof. D. From the local electricity supply.
34. How does Holmes feel about solar energy equipment?
A. It is labor-saving. B. It is easily operated.
C. It is time-consuming. D. It is power guaranteed.
35. What can be inferred about the solar-powered train from the last paragraph?
A. It may be popularized in the future.
B. More scientific research should be done about it.
C. It could be of little use in solving energy problems.
D. Financial support from the government is badly needed.
【答案】32. B 33. D 34. D 35. A
32. 细节理解题。根据文章第一段The Australian beach town of Byron Bay has a traffic problem, especially during holidays, when local streets are full of cars.可知，太阳能火车在Byron Bay小镇的使用改变了交通拥堵的问题。故选B。
33. 细节理解题。根据文章第二段If there’s a long period without sun---somewhat unlikely in this part of the world---the train can also plug in to get renewable energy from the local electricity supply.可知，在没有阳光期间，太阳能火车可以从当地的电力供应系统得到能源供应。故选D。
34. 推理判断题。根据文章第三段The large solar systems on the platform roof coupled with the solar systems on the train roof produce more solar energy per day than is required to operate an hourly return service可知，火车站站台屋顶的太阳能系统和火车顶部的太阳能系统都可以为火车提供足量的电，从而推断出火车的电量可以得到保证。故选D。
35. 推理判断题。根据文章最后一段The nonprofits thinks it’s a model that could be replicated (复制)elsewhere.和Our service provides an example of how the sun’s energy can be used for sustainable transport solutions.可以推断出，太阳能火车可以在其它地方得到推广。故选A。
第二节 （共 5 小题，每小题 2 分，满分 10 分）
How to Make Friends
___36___ Indeed, there are many things in life which we alone cannot perform.
We need friends’ help. Friends are people who willingly and readily help us when we are in trouble, and show sympathy for us when we are in misery.
___37___ For example, when we have passed the graduation examination and are looking for a job, we need experienced and reliable friends to guide us and help us on our way. A good friend is also an adviser, because our own points of view towards things may not be always right. __38___
Of course, we can make friends everywhere. However, I think the best place is school, where we are among a big number of boys and girls our own age, so it is easy to get to know one another in a short time. __39___
In order to make friends, we ourselves must be honest, noble-minded and kind-hearted whereby to leave a favorable impression on others since other people observe us the same way as we do.
At the same time, we should avoid bad friends, because they always do harm to us and moreover, they are dangerous to the people around. Worse still, they destroy our friendship with good friends. ___40___
A. Indeed, seeking acquaintance with bad friends would be a serious mistake
B. A faithful friend is hard to find.
C. Therefore, it is necessary for us to seek advice from friends.
D. A friend in need is a friend indeed.
E. Besides, we can also make friends among the people who work with us in the community.
F. A proverb says “One man is not good enough to live alone in the world.”
G. The benefits of friendship are boundless and sometimes invisible.
【答案】36. F 37. G 38. C 39. E 40. A
36. 细节理解题，根据:Indeed, there are many things in life which we alone cannot perform.可知，生活中有很多事我们没不能独自完成，故选F.
37. 细节理解题，根据when we have passed the graduation examination and are looking for a job, we need experienced and reliable friends to guide us and help us on our way. 可知当我们毕业找工作时候，我们需要友谊和可信任的朋友引导我们帮助我们，故选G.
38. 细节理解题，根据 A good friend is also an adviser, because our own points of view towards things may not be always right.可知一个好朋友也是一个建议者，我们的关于一些事情的观点不完全是对的，故选C.
39. 细节理解题，根据Of course, we can make friends everywhere. However,可知我可以在不同的地方交朋友，不仅是在学校，故选E.
40. 细节理解题，根据At the same time, we should avoid bad friends, because they always do harm to us and moreover, they are dangerous to the people around. Worse still, they destroy our friendship with good friends，可知我们应该避免交往坏朋友，会对自身产生坏影响，故选A.
第三部分 英语知识运用 （共两节，满分 45）
第一节 完形填空（共 20 小题；每小题 1.5 分，满分 30 分）
阅读下面短文，从短文后各题所给的四个选项（A、B、C 和 D）中，选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项，并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
I will have a holiday next week and I can’t decide what to do. I have a lot of work to do _____41_____ and this would be a good chance _____42_____． But I don’t like _____43_____ the holiday in such a way．I can work at home all the rest of the year．
Last year I went ____44_____ to the mountains. _____45_____ there was beautiful， but it is too cold this time of a year. And it’s really____46_____ far to go for a short holiday. I decide ____47_____ this isn’t a good time to____48_____the mountains．But I_____49_____to go somewhere else．Perhaps this would be a good chance to go to the beach（海滨）．I like to go for walks_____50_____the seashore _____51_____the warm sunshine and watch the water． It’s only eight miles away and I could get there _____52_____about two hours． After thinking it__53_____，I am sure that this is a _____54_____time for the seashore than____55_____ .
Oh， here is a _____56_____ from Jim． He ____57_____ he is going to his house in the mountains for the_____58_____，and he____59_____ me to go with him．___60_____ giving it some more thought， I wrote back to Jim and thanked him for that．
41. A. at home B. at house C. in school D. in factory
42. A. do it B. doing that C. to do it D. with that
43. A. to take B. to spend C. having D. asking
44. A. the north B. for north C. north D. to north
45. A. Nothing B. Everything C. Somebody D. Anything
46. A. very B. enough C. rather D. too
47. A. that B. what C. whether D. when
48. A. go B. go to C. go for D. leave
49. A. want B. wanted C. shall want D. was wanting
50. A. on B. by C. beside D. along
51. A. on B. during C. in D. under
52. A. in B. for C. with D. after
53. A. about B. of C. over D. on
54. A. good B. fine C. better D. best
55. A. home B. the mountains C. big cities D. country villages
56. A. gift B. call C. letter D. notice
57. A. says B. tells C. speaks D. talks
58. A. weekend B. holiday C. Sunday D. trip
59. A. want B. wish C. hopes D. asks
60. A. When B. With C. Without D. As
41. A 42. C 43. B 44. C 45. B 46. D 47. A 48. B 49. A 50. D
51. C 52. A 53. C 54. C 55. B 56. C 57. A 58. B 59. D 60. C
41. 考查介词短语辨析。下周放假，我有很多工作要做。at home在家；at house、in school、 in factory这些形式多不符合英语的习惯用法。根据下问可知选A（at home）。
43. 考查非谓语动词的搭配辨析。我不想这样过假期。like后面可以用-ing形式表习惯做的事，用to do形式表一次性的动作。 这里表示这一次，用不定式更好，排除C 和D，take花费的逻辑主语通常是动词不定式，spend 做花费的意思是，主语是人。所以选B。
44. 考查方位词用法辨析。我不想去北方。north可作名词，也可以做副词。去北方可以说go north 相当于go to the north，故选C。
45. 考查代词短语辨析。那里什么都好，就是这时候太冷了。Nothing没什么；Everything一切；Somebody有人；Anything任何事。 故选B。
47. 考查从句连接词辨析。我决定这个时候爬山也不合适。根据连接词在从句中所做的成分。that 只起连接作用；what什么，whether是否；when时候。这里不缺少句子成分，故选A。
48. 考查动词短语辨析。去某地用go to some place，go for 从事；go去；leave离开。 去爬山选B。
49. 考查介词短语辨析。 我的确很想去别的地方。do want的确想（强调谓语）；wanted是want的过去式，以文章的时态不一致，排除；shall want一般将来时的形式，也不对；was wanting过去进行时形式，也不对。这里是一般现在时，故选A。
51. 考查介词辨析。on在……上；during 在……期间；in在……内；under在……的下面。在阳光下。用in the sunshine, 故选C。
53. 考查动词短语搭配辨析。这里是仔细考虑，用think it over。think about思考；think of 认为；think over仔细考虑；think on想起，思索。故选 C。
54. 考查形容词短语辨析。后面有than，提示用形容词的比较级。 good 好；fine 身体好、天气好； better更好；best最好。故选C。
55. 考查名词辨析。根据前面的想法，作者认为这个时候去海边比山上好。Home家；the mountains山；big cities大城市；country villages乡村。故选B。
56. 考查介词辨析。 从后面的他说的内容提示我们是Tom写的信。for为了；to给； from 来自； by由、被。故选C。
57. 考查动词辨析。应该是他说要去山里的房子。says说；tells sb. sth.告诉某人某事；speaks说话；talks谈论。故选A。
59. 考查动词辨析。 want 要；wish愿望；hopes希望； asks请求。这里he是主语，全文用一般现在时，谓语动词用单数第三人称形式，即动词+-s。故选D。
60. 考查连词辨析。 这里是，没有多想，我就写信给Jim表示感谢了。When当……时；With 伴随；Without没有；As作为。故选C。
第 II 卷
第三部分 英语知识运用（共两节，满分 45）
Findings suggest that playing with smartphones before sleep __61___ (be )positively associated with insomnia(失眠症). Recent ___62___ (study) show that nearly 24 percent of Chinese people suffer from insomnia and ___63___number of young people affected is rising. And more than 60 percent of people born after 1990,the group that are most likely ___64___ (use) their smartphones just before sleep, do not sleep well.
Bedtime mobile phone use is an unhealthy sleep habit because ___65___can delay falling asleep and reduce sleep quality. According to the research, nearly three-quarters of the young people fall asleep each night with their phones ___66___reach. About 60 percent of them use their smartphones for up to 80 minutes before sleep. And 54.7 percent of the people aged between 18 and 25 go to bed ___67___ (late) than 12 am.
Good sleep is helpful in protecting the brain’s neurons(神经元)and lack of sleep for long periods can __68___ (danger) health. Therefore, all people, including the young, ___69___ (advise) to avoid using electronic devices one hour before sleep and go to bed at fixed times. But it is__70___ (benefit) to sleep if people listen to soft music and read books before going to bed.
【答案】61. is 62. studies 63. the 64. to use 65. it
66. within 67. later 68. endanger 69. are advised 70. beneficial
61. 考查主谓一致。动名词playing with smartphones before sleep是句子主语，动名词作主语，谓语动词用单数，所以填is。
63. 考查固定短语。最新研究表明24%的中国人口遭受着失眠的困扰并且受影响的年轻人的数量正在上升。the number of……的数量，是固定短语，所以填the。
64. 考查固定句型。be likely to do可能做某事，是固定句型，所以填to use。
65. 考查代词。指代前面的Bedtime mobile phone use，所以填it。
66. 考查固定短语。根据研究，几乎3/4的年轻人，睡着时手机都在可以够着的范围内。within reach伸手可及的,是固定短语，所以填within。
69. 考查语态。all people与advise之间是被动关系，用被动语态，所以填are advised。
第四部分 写作 （共两节，满分 35）
第一节 短文改错（10 分）
第四节 增加：在缺词处加一个漏字符号（ ），并在其下面写出该加的词。
第五节 删除：把多余的词用斜线（ ）划掉。
第九节 Dear Jim,
第十节 I'd like to tell you something more about our school sports meet. It was holding on Oct. 6, which was a fine day. There were over1,000 students and teachers attend it. Wang Lin, a student from my class won the 100-metre race. He finish the race in 12.6 seconds and broke the records. The sports meet was really success. That was because we were all trying to do my best. Although I was not one of the winner, I was proud of that we had done.
第十一节 I am looking forward to receive your letter.
第十三节 Li Ping
第十五节 71.something more→去掉more
第十九节 75.broke in →去掉in
第二十节 76.really ∧success →a或success →successful
第二十六节 71.句意：我想告诉你关于我们学校运动会的一些事情。此处并无比较的意思，故把something more→去掉more。
第二十七节 72.句意：运动会在十月六日被举行。句子用一般过去时态的被动语态，故把holding →held。
第二十八节 73.句意：有1000多学生和老师参加运动会。现在分词做后置定语，表主动，故把attend →attending。
第二十九节 74.句意：他以12.6秒完成100米比赛，并打破校记录。句子是并列谓语，用一般过去时态，故把finish →finished。
第三十节 75.句意：打破校记录。break in破门而入，故把broke in →去掉in。
第三十一节 76.在success前面加a，表示一件成功的事；be 动词后面用形容词作表语，故really ∧success →a或success →successful。
第三十二节 77.句意：尽我们最大的努力。故把my →our。
第三十三节 78.句意：尽管我不是冠军之一，但我因为我们做的而自豪。One of +名词复数，故把winner →winners。
第三十四节 79. 我因为我们做的而自豪。介词of后面是what引导的宾语从句，其双重作用，故把that →what。
第三十五节 80.固定搭配：look forward to +sth./doing sth.，故把.receive →receiving。
Dear Sir or Madam,
I booked a room in your hotel for my friend Tom yesterday.
Dear Sir or Madam,
I booked a room in your hotel for my friend Tom yesterday. But I am really sorry to tell you that I want to change my booking now.
My friend Tom had planned to visit our city this summer vocation. So Room 101 was scheduled for him. However, I was informed yesterday that he had an important thing to deal with, so he couldn’t come as planned. He had to change the booking date for the room. I would appreciate it if you could push the booking date back a week at your earliest convenience. Thanks again. I hope this will not cause you any trouble.
I am looking forward to your early reply.