Module 2 What can you do
Unit 1 I can play the piano
1. A. right B. write C. white
2. A. find B. friend C. kind
3. A. dish B. fish C. wish
4. A. by B. bye C. buy
5. A. skirt B. shirt C. skin
6. A. Surfing the Internet. B. Reading a book. C. Studying in his room.
7. A. A teacher. B. A worker. C. A singer.
8. A. Pears. B. Strawberries. C. Apples.
9. A. She is tall. B. She has short hair. C. She has a big nose.
10. A. At home. B. In a restaurant. C. At school.
11. What club does Jack want to join?
A. The singing club. B. The chess club. C. The painting club.
12. What can Jack do?
A. Play the guitar. B. Sing. C. Paint.
13. What are they talking about?
A. A picture. B. A game. C. A sports meeting.
14. What can Jack do?
A. Play football. B. Play basketball. C. Play tennis.
15. Who can swim well?
A. Dave. B. Lily. C. Linda.
Li Hua’s Day
He is 16. years old.
He 17. at 6:15.
He usually has bread and 18. for breakfast.
He goes to school with his friend 19. .
He has three classes in the 20. .
21. — Can you play the piano?
— Yes, I , and I’m good at it.
A. may B. can C. need D. must
22. — you play golf?
— No. But I can play table tennis.
A. Can B. May C. Must D. Need
23. — you drive?
— No, I can’t. But I learn to drive next year. I’m not sure.
A. Will; may B. Can; may C. Should; could D. Can; must
24. I like basketball, but now I’d like tennis.
A. to play; playing B. playing; playing
C. playing; to play D. to playing; to playing
25. Are you plant(种植) trees on March 12th?
A. ready B. ready with C. ready in D. ready to
26. She’s helpful. She’s always r to help.
27. Gina’s scarf is very b . I like it very much.
28. I can play the guitar but can’t play the p .
29. My father likes to r a bike to work.
30. Of all the teams, ours got the b grade.
31. Paul is quite interested in football. Now he is a member of a football c .
32. Kong Linghui is good at playing table t .
33. Bob is the captain(队长) of the school basketball t .
34. If you p something to others, you must try your best to keep it.
35. My mother t English at a school.
36. Listen, how (美妙) the music is!
37. She is the (最好的) runner in our class.
38. Do you have a (网球)?
39. "Don’t (担忧) about me. I can make it!" Sally said to her parents.
40. I think it’s not easy to be a good (班长).
41. Suzy plays basketball well. I think she will get into the school team next (学期).
42. Trust me. I’ll keep it between you and me, I (承诺).
43. Working in the open air has made my father very (健康的).
44. We always keep our classroom clean and (整洁).
45. —Can you help me, Kate?
— (当然) I’m coming.
46. Mary (不能忍受) the CDs that his brother plays—they’re too noisy.
47. 贝蒂想加入舞蹈俱乐部。 （词数不限）
Betty join the Dance Club.
your future. It will be brilliant.
We are ready .
Tom doesn’t his friends.
A hobby is a good thing. Children should have 51 . Children can 52 these hobbies into adulthood(成年). 53 should help their children get a hobby or two. And children should 54 the hobby. Parents can’t force(强迫) a hobby onto their children, 55 it isn’t a hobby then. How can parents help their children 56 hobbies? Here are some 57 .
Parents should 58 to their children about hobbies. Parents should also 59 their children their own hobbies. In fact, understanding hobbies is not 60 for children. Finding a hobby for children is not difficult, either.
51. A. dreams B. bikes C. bags D. hobbies
52. A. change B. come C. make D. carry
53. A. Doctors B. Teachers C. Parents D. Farmers
54. A. meet B. read C. smile D. like
55. A. because B. but C. though D. if
56. A. teach B. find C. kill D. close
57. A. ideas B. lessons C. questions D. plans
58. A. speak B. say C. talk D. tell
59. A. make B. help C. show D. need
60. A. difficult B. exciting C. important D. interesting
Peter goes to see his friend in New York. His friend is in an art club there. Peter goes there for the first time, so he doesn’t know New York very well. And he can’t find his way to the art club. A girl is at a bus stop. He walks to her and says, "Excuse me, can you tell me the way to Center Street?"
The girl is friendly. She smiles, but she can’t speak English. She can speak French. She is also new there. She takes out a small notebook from her bag and writes something on it. "I’m sorry. I can’t speak English."
61. Peter goes to New York to .
A. find a job B. see the girl
C. work in the art club D. see his friend
62. Peter’s friend works in .
A. an art club B. a school C. a chess club D. a bus stop
63. Peter can’t find his way because(因为) .
A. he is new in New York B. he can’t see things
C. he is old D. he is tired
64. What’s the meaning of "friendly" in Chinese?
A. 生气的 B. 热情的 C. 冷淡的 D. 友好的
65. Which of the following is RIGHT?
A. The girl at the bus stop is an American.
B. The girl can help Peter.
C. The girl can’t help Peter.
D. The girl gives the notebook to Peter.
The word hobby is an interesting word. Every person has one thing he or she likes to do for fun(娱乐). Some people like to collect(收集) things like stamps or story books. Others like to play football or go window shopping where you can look at many beautiful things without buying them.
I have many hobbies I do for fun. I sometimes play golf with my sons. I play tennis with all the family. I like to collect music books. I also collect musical instruments(乐器) from China like the erhu, the dizi, the xiao, the suona, and the pipa. These are the instruments of China which cannot be found in America.
My favourite hobby is fishing. I like to go and see my brother in the state(州) of Alaska where fishing is wonderful. The two of us take a boat and go to a small river where we fish for salmon, America’s most famous fish.
66. The word "hobby" means .
A. collecting stamps
B. playing tennis with your friends
C. something you enjoy doing in your free time
D. something you can see at the window shopping
67. What’s the writer’s most liked hobby?
A. Playing golf with his son.
C. Collecting Chinese musical instruments.
D. Collecting music books.
68. Salmon is .
A. a river where people can go fishing
B. a town near Alaska
C. a kind of instrument
D. a kind of fish
Bill was a boy of 15. His parents didn’t care about him. Bill often slept in class and always failed in his exams. Neither his teachers nor his classmates liked him.
One day, Miss Jones, a new teacher, came to Bill’s class. She began her lesson. She asked a question. “I’d like the smartest boy to answer my question.” Then she said loudly, “Bill, please!”
Bill was surprised. And he stood up without a word.
“Just try it! I believe you can!” She encouraged(鼓励) Bill.
After school, Miss Jones had a long talk with Bill. She told him that she cared about him and believed in him.
Bill thought a lot that evening. From then on, he worked hard and Miss Jones helped him with his homework in the afternoon. She even cooked for him.
Later, Bill had another exam. He was very excited to pass the exam. A change took place in Bill’s heart.
69. At first, liked Bill.
A. Bill’s parents B. Bill’s teachers
C. Bill’s classmates D. no one
70. Bill always failed in the exams because he .
A. slept in class B. talked in class
C. didn’t answer questions D. didn’t go to school
71. Miss Jones changed Bill by .
A. doing homework for him
B. encouraging and helping him
C. giving Bill another exam
D. cooking delicious food for him
72. From the passage we can learn .
A. Miss Jones was a loving and careful teacher
B. Bill’s parents cared about him very much
C. Miss Jones loved to answer Bill’s question
D. Bill didn’t like to play with his classmates
73. Which may be the best title for the passage?
A. Parents’ Day B. A Lazy Boy
C. A Boy’s Change D. A Strict Teacher
The Chinese table tennis team began to make another start on Sunday. The world championships opened in Shanghai and China wants to win everything.
The competition is held every two years and runs until May 6. At the championship in 2001, China took all the titles in Osaka, Japan. But it lost the men’s single s at the next championship in Paris.
More disappointment followed at the 2004 Olympic Games: South Korean Ryu Seung Min beat China’s Wang Hao in the men’s singles final.
So this time the Chinese table tennis team makes up their minds to get this title again. Cai Zhenhua, head of the Table tennis and Badminton Administration Center (乒羽管理中心), has set China’s goal: “We must win back the men’s single titles at any cost.”
World No.1 Wang Liqin is widely expected to take the event. Wang, from Shanghai, first won in 2001.
China will face little challenge in winning the women’s singles and doubles, men’s doubles and mixed doubles titles this time again.
There will be 574 players from 140 countries. That’s a record for the world championships
74. The table tennis championship was held in the years except .
A. 2000 B. 2001 C. 2003 D. 2004
75. China won the men’s singles at .
A. the championship in 2001 B. the championship in 2003
C. the 2004 Olympic Games D. the championship in 2005
76. What does all the titles mean?
A. Took part in all the games at the championship
B. Won the women’s singles and doubles, men’s singles and doubles and mixed doubles
C. Took all the players of the Chinese table tennis team there
D. Won every year
77. The championship in 2003 was held in .
A. Japan B. China C. France D. German
78. China will face great challenge in this time.
A. the men’s titles B. the mixed doubles
C. the men’s doubles D. the women’s doubles
Round Bird is a lovely bird. He has a big body but little wings. 79. Every day, he practices flying in many ways. But he still can’t fly. 80.
It is very hard for a little bird to climb up the tree, but he does it. 81. He keeps on flapping, but he just can’t fly. Luckily, there are many leaves on the ground and he doesn’t get hurt. He climbs up and sits on them. He thinks a lot. 82. At last, he knows that even though he wishes hard and tries hard, there are just some things some birds can’t do.
Round Bird says to himself, "I’m special and I can only do some special things."
A. He can’t fly, but he wants to fly like other birds.
B. He sits on the tree and flaps(拍打) his wings.
C. He works very hard.
D. Then he thinks it may be better to use the tree.
E. On his way home, he keeps on thinking.
Mom and dad are the most important people in your life. They have been looking after you since you were born, you should always love them. You should also get on well with them. But some children don’t know how to do this. Here are some ways to help you.
Spend more time with your parents. Don’t spend too much time playing computer games or watching TV. Ask your parents to play with you. Talk or go outside with them.
Be kind to your parents. You can make them happy with a smile when you come home. You can send your mother a card on Mothers’ Day or tell your father a joke on his birthday. You can also clean your room by yourself.
Work hard. If you do your best in your studies, your parents will be proud of you.
83. Who are the most important people in your life?
84. You need to spend more time with your parents, don’t you?
85. What can you do on Mother’s Day?
86. Will your parents be proud of you if you work hard?
87. How many ways can you use to get on well with your parents in the passage?
1. A 2. B 3. B 4. C 5. A
6. A 7. C 8. B 9. C 10. A
11. B 12. A 13. A 14. B 15. C
17. gets up
19. on foot
1. This is my right hand.
2. My good friend Jack is 1.5 meters tall.
3. I don’t like fish at all.
4. What do you buy for your mother on her birthday?
5. The red skirt is only two dollars.
6. M: Where is Daniel?
W: He is in the room. He is looking for things on the Internet.
Q: What is Daniel doing?
7. M: What is Kitty doing?
W: Oh, she wants to be a singer and now she is singing.
Q: What does Kitty want to be?
8. M: I like pears. Do you like them?
W: No, I don’t. I like strawberries.
Q: What fruit does the girl like?
9. M: What does your sister look like?
W: She has long hair. Her nose is big.
Q: What does the girl’s sister look like?
10. M: Where do you have breakfast, at home or in the restaurant?
W: At home. What about you?
M: I have it at home, too.
Q: Where does the girl have breakfast?
W: What club do you want to join, Jack?
M: I want to join the chess club.
W: Can you play chess?
M: No, I can’t. But I can play the guitar.
W: Who is the boy in the picture?
M: It’s Jack. He is a good basketball player in our school.
W: Who is the boy next to Jack?
M: He is Dave. He is a runner. He runs very fast.
W: Do you like them?
M: Yes, I do. I like both of them. But my favorite player is Linda. She is a swimmer in our school team.
Li Hua is a middle school student. He is 13 years old. He gets up at 6:15. What time does he eat breakfast? He eats breakfast at 6:30. He usually has bread and milk for breakfast. After breakfast he goes to school with his friend on foot. School starts at 8:00. He has four classes in the morning and three classes in the afternoon. He goes home at 5:00.
21. B 22. A 23. B 24. C 25. D
46. can’t stand
47. would like to
48. Don’t worry about
49. to go skating
50. get on well with
51. D 52. D 53. C 54. D 55. A
56. B 57. A 58. C 59. C 60. A
61. D 62. A 63. A 64. D 65. C
66. C 67. B 68. D 69. D 70. A
71. B 72. A 73. C 74. A 75. A
76. B 77. C 78. A
79. A 80. D
81. B 82. E
83. Mom and dad.
84. Yes (, we do).
85. Send (mom) a card.
86. Yes (,they are).
Module 2 What can you do
Unit 1 I can run really fast.
1.He is a great runner and he can run very f .
2.If you want to keep f , eat more fruit and vegetables.
3.The room is very dirty. Please keep it t .
4.Choose me as your monitor and I p to help you.
5.Maths is not difficult. For me, it’s j a piece of cake.
1.I’m always (乐意的)to help my classmates.
2.—Have you got any friends?
—Yes, I have many and Tony is my (最好的)friend.
3.Li Lei is our (班长)and he often helps us.
4.My mother is so (友好的)that every one likes her.
5.I hope I can get a good (成绩)in English.
6.Make (确信的；有把握的)you can win the competition.
7.—Is (每个人).here today?
—No, John isn’t here.
8.What ball (运动项目)do you like?
1. get on well with sb.
3.be good at
5.ready to do sth.
6.get the best score
7.help sb. do cleaning
8.promise to do sth.
9.make our classroom beautiful
1.I all the classmates in our class.
2．I’m kind and I’m always others.I can even help
我很友好, 并且总是乐于助人, 我甚至也能帮助老师们。
3. me your class monitor and I promise you!
4.I usually the best score in match.
5． everybody a clean classroom, just like
6.Choose me and we can our classroom .
1.Who would like to be the class monitor?
2.Is Lingling kind and always ready to help others?
3.Is Darning good at playing football?
4.Whose home is tidy?
5.Who can even help teachers, Lingiing or Daming?
( )1.Lucy is good at .
A.play the guitar B.playing the guitar
C.to play the guitar D.playing guitar
( )2.The horse runs very .
A.faster B.fast C.fasts D.fastest
( )3.His mother always makes him his own room.
A.clean B.to clean C.cleans D.cleaning
( )4.She is always help me my English.
A.ready to；at B.ready to；with
C.ready for；with D.ready to；for
( )5.I play the piano very .
A.good B.well C.nice D.friendly
1.Can you (fly)a kite?
2.The boy is three years old.He can not (swim).
3.We get the (good)score, and we are really happy.
4.He is always ready (help)others.
5.Can you get on (good)with your parents?
Can you me my maths?
We every Monday.
You that is Mary?
at English, and you will it.
She give her seat to someone in need on the bus.
Can you me my maths?
We every Monday.
You that is Mary?
at English, and you will it.
She give her seat to someone in need on the bus.
M：Hello.Nice to meet you.
Z：1. My name is Zhang Li.I’m from Shanghai.I’m twelve years old.Can
you speak Chinese, Mary?
M：2. But I can speak English well.
Z：I can speak Chinese and English well. Can you swim?
M：No, I can’t. My mother can swim.
M：She works at a hospital. She is a doctor.
Z：My mother is a doctor too.
M：Really? Is your father a doctor?
Z：No, he isn’t.4. And he can play the piano very well.
M：Your parents are very great! I hope to visit them some day.
A.Welcome to my home!
B.What does your mother do?
C.Nice to meet you too.
D.He is a manager in a hotel.
E.No, I can’t.
F.Can you teach me to do it?
G.Yes, I can.
1. She can speak English.(改为否定句)
2. They’d like to join the Music Club.(对画线部分提问)
they like to join?
3. You can’t play the guitar in the classroom.(改为祈使句)
the guitar in the classroom.
4. Shall we go for a walk?(改为同义句)
going for a walk?
5.Lisa can speak French.(改为疑问句并作否定回答)
— Lisa French?
I.A)1.fast 2.fit 3.tidy 4.promise 5.just
B)1.ready 2.best 3.monitor 4.kind 5.score
6.sure 7.everybody 8.games
3.擅长…… 4.努力工作 5.乐于做某事
8.承诺做某事 9.使我们的教室变得漂亮 10.确信；确定
Ⅲ.1.get on well with 2.ready to help
3.Choose；as；to help 4.get；every
5.I’m sure；would like 6.make；beautiful
IV.1.Lingling. 2.Yes, she is. 3.Yes, he is. 4.Tony’s. 5.Lingling.
Ⅵ.1.fly 2.swim 3.best 4.to help 5.well
Ⅶ.1.promise to help；with 2.do cleaning
3.Are：sure 4.Work hard；be good at 5.is ready to
Ⅸ.1.can’t speak 2.What club would 3.Don’t play
4.How／What about 5.Can；speak；she can’t