Unit 3 Teenage problems
Period 1 Comic strip & Welcome to the unit
1. Too much noise at home ________(make) me unhappy.
2. She was so________ (sleep) that she went to bed early.
3. He works hard and always gets full ________ (mark) in the tests.
4. Do you know how many ________ (stomach) a cow has?
1. The students are studying hard to prepare for the coming ________(考试).
2. You look so weak. ________ (也许) you need to see the doctor.
3. The big noise in the street always drives me ________ (发疯的).
4. Parents and teachers should pay more attention to ________ (青少年的) problems.
( )1. He has ________ things to do every day, and he is ________ busy.
A. much too; too much B. much too; too many
C. too many; much too D. too much; much too
( )2. Turn off the lights before you leave. Don't leave the lights________.
A. off B. on C. away D. over
( )3. (2017•眉山)—Bob, I'm not good at English. What should I do?
—Why not ________ an English club to practise ________ English?
A. to join; speaking B. join; to speak
C. to join; to speak D. join; speaking
( )4. The old woman lives in the small village________. But she doesn't feel ________.
A. alone; alone B. alone; lonely C. lonely; alone D. lonely; lonely
Mother: You look a bit worried, Tim. 1. ________
Son: I seem to be getting heavy these days.
Mother: That's a problem. Can I offer you some advice?
Son: 2. ________ What do you think I should do?
Mother: On the one hand, you should stop eating too much; on the other hand, 3. ________
Son: Some of my friends have told me the same things, but I'm too busy to exercise.
Mother: Then why not join a club on weekends?
Son: But 4. ________
Mother: You can join the swimming club. You want to learn to swim, don't you?
Son: That's a good idea. Thank you, Mum.
Mother: 5. ________ I hope it will help you.
Ⅰ. 1. makes 2. sleepy 3. marks 4. stomachs
Ⅱ. 1. exam 2. Perhaps/Maybe 3. mad 4. teenage
Ⅲ. 1. C
2. B 句意：请你离开前把灯关了，不要让灯开着。on意为“(灯)开着”，符合句意。
3. D 考查非谓语动词的用法。句意：“鲍勃，我不擅长英语，我该怎么办呢？”“为什么不参加英语俱乐部练习一下英语口语呢？” 由“Why not＋do sth？”可知，后接join；而practise doing sth意为“练习做某事”。故选D。
4. B 句意：这个老太太独自住在这个小村庄，但是她并不感到孤独。alone意为“独自”，侧重说明独自一人，指的是客观情况；lonely意为“寂寞的；孤独的”，作表语或定语，带有浓厚的感情色彩。故选B。
Ⅳ. 1—5 DBFAE
Unit 3 Teenage problems
Period 2 Reading Ⅰ
1. (2017•日照)I missed the last bus, so I had no c________ but to walk home.
2. I am looking forward to h________ from all of you soon.
3. Can you i________ making great progress in your study with no plan?
4. (2016•天水)We think his suggestion is ________ (有价值的) to us.
5. You will be paid a________ to the amount of work you do.
1. The bear has no choice but ________ (lie) down in the cave in winter.
2. (2017•常州)To complete the work, he drank some coffee to keep himself ________(wake).
3. The book written by him is worth ________ (read).
4. I think it's impossible for me ________ (finish) so much work in such a short time.
5. Bob likes to stay out late ________ (play) with his friends.
To get good grades, you________________________________________________.
Whenever I________________________ in my life, Mr Zhou can always give me many________________________________.
It________________________ our health to________________________ watch TV.
Thanks for________________________ how to________________________ the maths problem.
( )1. —Will you please tell me ________ to do with the matter?
—Sorry. I really don't know ________ to deal with it.
A. how; how B. what; what C. how; what D. what; how
( )2. ________ your parents strict ________ you and ________ your study?
A. Is; with; in B. Are; in; with C. Is; in; with D. Are; with; in
( )3. Many volunteers spent ________ helping people in need in Sichuan.
A. some time B. sometime C. sometimes D. some times
( )4. (2016•南京)It took me almost a whole day to ________ so many emails.
A. deal with B. cut in C. cheer for D. run out
( )5. (2016•襄阳)—Can you catch what the speaker is saying, Tina?
—Sorry. He speaks so fast that I can ________ understand him.
A. nearly B. hardly C. probably D. exactly
( )6. Children under 18 should not ________ drive a car.
A. allow B. be allowed to C. allowed to D. be allowing to
( )7. (2016•泰安)—How is George now?
—I hear the manager ________ him a good job, but he refused it.
A. showed B. offered C. passed D. paid
( )8. (2017•宿迁)—Could you give me a few ________ on how to spend the coming summer holiday?
—OK. Let me see.
A. hobbies B. knowledge C. suggestions D. information
( )9. (2016•南充)My parents don't allow me ________ late.
A. stay up B. to stay up C. stays up D. staying up
( )10. The novel is great. It's well worth________.
A. read B. reads C. reading D. readed
When we say someone is in a blue mood, it means he or she is unhappy or sad. Are you feeling a little blue? Here are some fast and easy ways to cheer you up.
When you exercise, your brain gives out a chemical called Endorphins(内啡肽). This chemical makes you feel happy. That is why exercise is good for you.
Have a talk
If something or somebody is troubling you, don't quarrel with other people to relax yourself. It is a good idea to have a hearttoheart talk with a friend or a family member. Tell them your feelings. A chat is a useful way to make you feel better.
Have some hobbies
For example, playing pop music, drawing something or listening to your favourite music will make you smile. Act like an artist. Draw, paint or make something. Being active and creative makes you feel more satisfied and less nervous.
Laughing is the best way to improve your moods. Children laugh about 400 times a day. Adults only laugh about 20 times a day. What happens? Experts say if we laugh more, we will be happier and healthier.
Close your eyes and imagine a beautiful scene or a time. Never think about anything terrible that you can't change. What's more, leave your flat and go outside. Sun and fresh air are good for you. Be a kid for a day. Play games, watch comedy movies or read jokes online.
Title: 1. ________ to cheer you up
Exercise • It is good for you to exercise.
• The chemical your brain 2. ________ out makes you feel happy.
Have a talk • Don't quarrel with others to 3. ________ yourself.
• 4. ________ a hearttoheart talk can make you feel better.
5. ________ • Doing your favourite things will make you smile.
• Being active and creative makes you feel more satisfied and less 6. ________.
Laugh more • It's happier and 7. ________ for us to laugh more every day.
• Children laugh 8. ________ times a day more than adults.
Think positively • Close your eyes and 9. ________ a beautiful scene.
• Leave your flat and go 10. ________ to do your favourite things like playing games, watching comedy films or reading jokes.
Ⅰ. 1. choice 2. hearing 3. imagine 4. valuable 5. according
Ⅱ. 1. to lie 2. awake 3. reading 4. to finish 5. to play
Ⅲ. 1. if/whether the speech is worth listening to
2. have no choice but to work/study hard
3. get into trouble; valuable suggestions
4. is bad for; stay up (late) to
5. telling me; work out
Ⅳ. 1. D 2. D 3. A
4. A 句意：处理如此多的邮件花了我差不多一整天的时间。deal with意为“处理”；cut in意为“插队”；cheer for意为“为……欢呼”；run out意为“用完”。由句意可知选A。
5. B 考查副词辨析。句意：“Tina，你能听懂演讲者说的什么吗？”“对不起，他说得如此快，以至于我几乎不能(hardly)理解他。”故选B。
7. B 句意：“乔治现在怎么样了？”“我听说经理主动提供给他一份不错的工作，但是他拒绝了。”show意为“出示”；offer意为“提供”；pass意为“传递”；pay意为“支付”。由句意可知选B。
8. C 考查名词辨析。句意：“你能给我一些关于怎样度过即将到来的暑假的建议吗？”“好的。让我想想。”a few修饰可数名词复数形式，排除B和D选项。根据“即将到来的暑假”可知，是要求给一些建议，与hobbies“爱好”无关，故选C。
9. B 句意：我的父母不允许我熬夜。allow sb to do sth意为“允许某人做某事”；stay up意为“熬夜”。由句意可知选B。
Ⅴ. 1. Ways 2. gives 3. relax 4. Having 5. hobbies
6. nervous 7. healthier 8. 380 9. imagine 10. outside