Review of Unit 1-2
I. 单项选择。 (每小题1分，共15分)
1. When the player finished running, he was out of _____.
A. breathe B. breathing C. breath D. the breath
2.—Lily, _____ you _____ your ticket?
A. did; find B. have; found C. has; found D.do; find
3. Xiao Li had an accident yesterday _____ he is in No.1 People’s Hospital now.
A. but B. and C. or D. since
4. You’d better speak aloud ______ we can hear you.
A.so that B.as C.as if D. since
5.—Have you ever _____ Mudanjiang to see the Jingbo Lake?
—Yes, I have.
A. went to B. gone to C. been in D. been to
6.—How about going hiking this weekend?
—Sorry, I prefer _____ rather than _____.
A.to stay at home; go out B.to go out; stay at home
C. staying at home; go out D. going out; stay at home
7.When we went into the park, we saw someone _____ Chinese Kungfu.
A. plays B. played C.to play D. playing
8.—What did our geography teacher say?
—She told us that the earth _____ around the sun.
A. moves B. moved C. has moved D. was moving
9. Our country _____ progress in science and culture in recent years.
A. made such B. has made such C. made so D. has made so
10.—We really shouldn’t use plastic bags any more when we go shopping.
—_____ It’s important to protect our environment.
A. So do I. B. With pleasure. C. That’s OK. D. So it is.
11. As we know, none of us likes pollution.(同义替换)
A.no one B. not everyone C. someone D. nothing
12. Sixteen-year-old children shouldn’t be allowed______ because they are not serious
enough at that age. (同义替换)
A. drive B. driving C. to be driving D. to drive
13. Every day, too much water in our school. We should save it.
A. is wasted B. wastes C. was wasted D. wasted
14. Bob has got good exam results. His parents are proud of his ______.
A. success B. chance C. idea D. dream
15. Excuse me, can you tell me ?
A. when does the plane leave B. how long the plane has left
C. when the plane leaves D. when did the plane leave
Natural resources are things that we use that come from Earth. Out natural resources are limited（有限的）. This means that they will not 1 forever. Some are renewable, like when you plant a new tree when you 2 one down. Others are not renewable, like when you dig coal（煤）out of the 3 . Once it is used, it is gone.
People realize the 4 that Earth's natural resources are limited, and can do things to help conserve（节约）those resources. 5 you try to conserve a natural resource, you try to use less of it, so it does not get used up so 6 . One way that people conserve fuel, like gasoline, is by riding a bicycle or walking when the 7 is short instead of driving everywhere.
Water is a very important natural resource because we all need it to stay 8 . We can conserve water 9 making sure that our pipes and taps do not leak（漏）. We can also make 10 choices to conserve water, like only using the dishwasher or washing machine when they are full. Everyone can make contributions to protecting natural resources.
1. A. last B. spread C. burn D. change
2. A. turn B. cut C. put D. move
3. A. station B. building C. ground D. brick
4. A. news B. plan C. decision D. fact
5. A. When B. Although C. Whatever D. Whether
6. A. slowly B. hard C. regularly D. fast
7. A. money B. space C. place D. distance
8. A. alive B. alone C. asleep D. awake
9. A. about B. for C. by D. with
10. A. generous B. funny C. wise D. surprising
A kind of little cars may be seen in the streets in the future. People will like this kind of small cars better than the big ones. The car is as small as a bike. But it can carry two people in it. Everybody can drive it easily, just like riding a bike. Even children and old people can drive them to schools or parks.
If everyone drives such cars in the future, there will be less pollution in the air. There will be more space for all the cars in cities, and there will also be more space for people to walk in the streets.
The little cars of the future will cost less money to buy and to drive. These little cars can go only 65 kilometers an hour, so driving will be safer. The cars of the future will be fine for going around the city, but they will not be useful for a long trip.
This kind of cars can save a lot of gas. They will go 450 kilometers, then they have to stop for more gas. They are nice cars, aren’t they?
1. If you drive this kind of little cars for four hours, you can probably go at most.
A. 260 kilometers B. 65 kilometers
C. 450 kilometers D. 130 kilometers
2. Why do these little cars have to stop after going 450 kilometers?
A. For more water. B. For more gas.
C. To have a rest. D. To charge (充电)
3. Which of the following statements is NOT true?
A. Driving big cars can make the air dirtier.
B. The little cars can make more space for other cars and people.
C. These little cars will be useful for a long trip.
D. This kind of cars can save much gas.
Once there was an island where all the feelings lived: Happiness, Sadness, Knowledge, and all of the others, including Love. One day it was said that the island would go down, so all made boats and left except Love.
Love was the only one who stayed. Love wanted to offer her help until the last possible moment. When the island had almost gone down, Love decided to ask for help.
Richness was passing by Love in a great boat. Love said, “Richness, can you take me with you?” Richness answered, “No, I can’t. There is a lot of gold and silver in my boat. There is no place here for you.”
Sadness was close by, so Love asked, “Sadness, let me go with you.” “Oh, Love, I am so sad that I need to be by myself!”
Happiness passed by Love, too, but she was so happy that she did not even notice when Love called her.
Suddenly, there was a voice, “Come, Love, I will take you.” It was an elder. Love was so excited that she even forgot to ask who the elder was. So Love asked Knowledge, another elder, “Who helped me?” “It was Time.” Knowledge answered. “Time?” asked Love. “But why did Time help me?”
Knowledge smiled with deep wisdom and answered, “Because only Time understands how valuable Love is.”
4. What would happen to the island?
A. It would grow bigger. B. It would sink.
C. It drove feelings away. D. All the feelings lived.
5. Sadness didn’t see Love when he passed by Love, did he?
A. Yes, he did. B. Yes, he didn’t.
C. No, he didn’t. D. No, he did.
6. Why didn’t Happiness help Love?
A. Because Happiness didn’t like Love.
B. Because Happiness didn’t hear Love calling her.
C. Because her boat was so small that she couldn’t take Love with her.
D. Because she needed to be by herself.
7. Who helped Love out of danger?
A. Sadness. B. Knowledge. C. Happiness. D. Time.
8. What does the underlined word “valuable” mean in Chinese?
New rules and behavior standards (行为规范) for middle school students came out in March. Middle school is going to use a new way to decide who the top students are. The best students won’t only be the ones who have high marks. They will also be the kids who don’t dye (染) their hair, smoke or drink. The followings are some of the new rules.
Tell the truth. Have you ever copied someone else’s work in an exam? Don’t do it again! That’s not something an honest (诚实的) student should do. If you have played computer games for two hours in your room, don’t tell your parents you were doing your homework at that time.
Do more at school. Good students love animals and care for other people. April is Birdloving Month in China. Is your school doing anything to celebrate? You should join! In that way, you can learn more about animals and how to protect them. When more people work together, it brings more fun for everyone.
Be friendly to others. Have you ever quarreled (吵架) with your teammates when your basketball team lost? Only working together can make your team stronger. Be friendly to the people you are with. Try to think of others, not only yourself.
Be open to new ideas. Have you ever thought that people could live on the moon? Maybe you’ll discover Earth Ⅱ someday. Don’t look down on new ideas. Everyone’s ideas are important. You should welcome them, because new ideas make life better for everyone.
Protect yourself. Has someone ever taken money from one of your classmates? Don’t let it happen to you. If you have to go home late, you should let your parents know.
Use the Internet carefully. The Internet can be very useful for your studies. But some things on the Internet aren’t good for kids, so try to look at web pages that are good for you. You can use the web for homework or fun. If you can’t find any good web sites for children; here are two: http: // kids.eastday.com, http: //www.chinakids.net.com.
9. The new school rules will help kids by telling them what is right and what is wrong. ( )
10. According to the passage, we know we should love animals and protect them. ( )
11. Good web sites for children can be a waste of time. ( )
12. As a student, we should tell the truth, even when we have done something wrong. ( )
13. The passage tells us the new rules and standards about how to be a top student. ( )
The increasing population is one of the most serious problems our world is facing now. New study shows that the world population will be 6,400,000,000 by 2050.
India will pass China as the world’s most populated country. China now has 1,300,000,000 people. The population should increase about ten percent by 2050. The United States will remain the third biggest nation whose population is close to 300,000,000 now. Because of immigration (移民) and low death rates among babies, its population will reach 420,000,000.
Between now and 2050, Niger will be the fastest growing country. The biggest decrease (减少) will be in Bulgaria. It is based on information from the United Nations.
And the study says most growth will take place in countries with young populations and traditionally large families. Nigeria and Japan will be different from each other. In Nigeria, almost half the people are under the age of fifteen. Few are over sixty-five. Nigerian women generally give birth about six times during their lives. Usually, a Japanese woman has one child. And today about twenty percent of Japanese are over the age of sixty-five.
14. Which country will have the largest population by 2050?
15. What’s the population of China by 2050?
16. Why will the population of the United States increase?
17. What country’s population will increase fast?
18. Which country will have more people than before, Nigeria or Japan?
She spoke loudly I heard her even from here.
Can you see ______ _______ in the sky?
______ _______ you practice, ______ _______mistakes you’ll make.
The mid-exam is coming, and the students are______ _______ _______ it.
______ _______your papers at the end of the exam.
1. I never (see) such a wonderful movie before.
2. I happened (meet) my old friend in the street yesterday.
3. — he (be) to Beijing before?
— Yes, he has.
4. (thank) to your help, I can find my dog.
5. If you (not obey) the rules, the teacher will punish you.
6. One of the greatest (invent) in 20th century is light.
7. It’s (possible) for him to solve the problem, because it’s too hard.
8. — The (develop) of new products is important to our company. Do you know?
— Yeah, it is our duty to try our best to deal with it.
1. She is ______ _______ (不但) the pride of her parents ______ _______ (而且) the pride of China.
2. They are (考虑) buying a new house.
3. China has (发展) rapidly in recent years.
4. We must drive for (好几个) hours to get to the store.
5. Our new headmaster looks very young. I think he is (少于) thirty years old.
6. Mike is weak in English. In order to _______ ________ _______ (赶上) others, Mike works harder than before.
根据下列表格的提示，写一篇题为“Saving the Earth”的英语短文，开头已给出。
人类的不文明之举 导致的问题 看法 建议
Cut down, gas, throw,pour…into…,blow…into…, sandy, dirty, clean,
harmful plant, litter, stop…from…,
Saving the Earth
As time goes by, man is making the earth sick. ____________________________________
1.C。out of breath表示“上气不接下气”。breath是名词，表示“呼吸，气息”；breathe是动词，表示“呼吸”。
5.D。根据答语“是的，去过”，应选择D，have been to表示“曾经去过某地（已经返回）”；have gone to 表示“去了某地（没返回）”；have been in表示“住在某地多久了”。
6.A。prefer to do sth. rather than do sth.，意为“与其……宁愿……”，故C、D排除，又根据答语中sorry一词可知答语应意为“与其出去，我宁愿待在家里”，故选A。
7.D。动词see常接省略to的动词不定式和现在分词作宾语补足语，即see sb. do sth.（表
示经常性动作和看到动作的全过程）和see sb. doing sth.（看到某人正在做某事），根据题意，选D项。
9.B。句中有in recent years意为“在最近的几年里”，表示一段时间的短语，要用完成时态。另外，such后接名词，而so后接形容词和副词，故选B项。
10.D。“So do I”是so+be/助动词/情态动词+主语，表达“A如此，B也如此”的概念，而
“So it is”是so+主语+be/助动词/情态动词，表达同意前者的看法。依题意是属于第二种情况，故选D项。
11.A。 none of us表示 “我们当中一个也没有”。A项no one表示“没有人”，B项not everyone表示“并不是每一个人”，C项someone表示“有人”，D项nothing表示“没有东西，没有事情”。故选A。
12. D。should be allowed to do sth.表示“应该允许做某事”，否定句是“should be allowed not to do sth.”。
13. A。句意：每天我们学校都浪费大量的水，我们应该节约它。由every day可知应用一般现在时，又因为主语是动作的承受者，故应用一般现在时的被动语态，故答案为A项。
14. A。句意：“鲍勃考试成绩很好。他的父母因他的成功感到骄傲。” success 成功；chance机会；idea想法；dream梦想。根据语境，故选A。
15. C。句意：打扰一下，能告诉我飞机什么时候起飞吗？宾语从句三大考点：引导词、语序（陈述句语序）、时态。根据宾语从句中需要用陈述句语序的原则，排除A、D；B选项中离开多长时间，应该是how long the plane has been away选项本身错误。故选C。
2. B。A. turn 转动；B. cut切割；C. put放下；D. move移动。句意：当你砍下一棵树，你可以再种一棵。cut sth. down砍倒，符合句意，故选B项。
8. A。水是一种非常重要的自然资源，因为我们都需要它来生存。alive活的；alone独自的；asleep睡着的；awake醒的。stay alive生存，活下去，符合句意，故选A项。
9. C。我们可以通过确保我们使用的管道和水龙头不漏来节约水。by doing sth.通过做某事，符合句意，故选C项。
1．A。由第三段“These little cars can go only 65 kilometers an hour.”可计算得知。
2．B。由第四段“They will go 450 kilometers, then they have to stop for more gas.”可知。
3．C。由第三段“but they will not be useful for a long trip.”可知。
4.B。根据第一段中的“One day it was said that the island would go down”可知答案为B项。
6.B。根据第五段“Happiness passed by Love, too, but she was so happy that she did not even notice when Love called her.”可知答案。
7.D。根据倒数第二段中的“Who helped me?” “It was Time.”可知答案。
10. T。根据“Good students love animals and care for other people. 和…you can learn more
about animals and how to protect them.” 这两句话得知与本句陈述事实相符。
11. F。根据文中 “The Internet can be very useful for your studies.” 而不是can be a waste
13.T。文中第一段便讲出“Middle school is going to use a new way to decide who the top
students are.” 然后通篇讲了the new rules。
15. 1.430, 000,000.
16. Because of immigration and low death rates among babies.
17. The countries with young populations and traditionally large families.
1. so, that 2.anything special 3.The more, the less
4. getting ready for 5. Hand in
1. Have, seen 2. to meet 3.Has, been 4. Thanks
5. don’t obey 6. inventions 7. impossible 8. development
1. not only, but also 2. considering 3.developed 4.seveval
5. less than 6.catch up with
Saving the Earth
As time goes by, man is making the earth sick. People cut down too many trees and throw rubbish everywhere. Factories pour the waste water into rivers and blow waste gas into the air. This has caused some serious problems. For example, the land is sandy, the river is dirty, the air is not clean, even the temperature of the earth is rising.
The pollution is harmful to our health. What shall we do to save the earth? We should plant more trees and mustn’t litter about. We should stop factories from pouring waste into the air or rivers. We should try our best to protect the earth and make it more beautiful.