1.______ 2.______ 3.______ 4.______ 5._____
6. What did the boy want the girl to have a look at?
A. A computer.
B. A mobile phone.
C. A piano.
7. How did the boy get the present?
A. He won it in a competition.
B. His father bought it for him.
C. It was sent to him from the US.
8. When did the boy get the present?
A. Two weeks ago.
B. The day before.
C. The day before yesterday.
9. Which library will the speakers go to?
A. The one opposite the park.
B. The one near the shopping center.
C. The one by the hospital.
10. How will they go to the library?
A. By car.
B. On foot.
C. By bus.
11. What time will they meet?
A. At 10:00.
B. At 10:20.
C. At 10:30.
12. What did Fred do last night?
A. He went to the police station.
B. He drove into a shop and broke it up.
C. He went shopping with his girlfriend.
13. Whom did Fred have a fight with?
A. The shop-keeper.
B. A policeman.
C. His girlfriend.
14. Where is Fred's car now?
A. In the shop.
B In the street.
C. In the police station.
15. What do you think Mary is?
A. An artist.
B. A singer.
C. A student.
16. Where will they perform?
A. At concert halls.
B. At restaurants.
C. At some parties.
17. Why is Mary not sure of joining the group at first?
A. She is afraid she has forgotten all the songs.
B. She is very busy with her studies at weekends.
C. She isn't interested in performing with others.
18. Why does the speaker give the talk?
A. To tell what to take for bicycle tours.
B. To give some advice on bicycle tours.
C. To explain the advantages of bicycle tours.
19. What is the most important thing for bicycle tours?
20. What must a person do if he is going to travel by bike in winter?
A. Take plenty of water.
B. Take some warm clothes.
C. Take some medicine.
1. -- I usually go swimming for exercise, but I want to try something new.
A. So what?
B. Cheer up.
C. Like what?
D. Take care.
【解析】句意：——我经常去游泳锻炼身体，但是我想尝试一下新的东西。——比方说什么？考查情景交际。A. So what?那又怎样？B. Cheer up.（使）高兴起来；C. Like what? 比方说什么？（希望对方列一个具体项目）D. Take care.小心。根据上文I want to try something new.说要尝试一下新的东西，推知下句马上接过话茬，应说Like what？（比方说什么？）；故答案选C。
2. -- Are you watching the football matches of the World Cup these days?
-- Sometimes, and I'll watch the match ______ Japan and Poland tonight.
【解析】句意：——这些天你看世界杯足球赛吗？——有时看，我今晚要看日本和波兰之间的比赛。考查介词。A. against反对；B. about关于；C. through通过；D. between在两者之间。根据I'll watch the match ______ Japan and Poland tonight.可知是日本和波兰之间的比赛，结合选项，可知D选项符合题意，故答案选D。
3. My teacher has given me useful suggestions and I want to thank him from the ____ of my heart.
【解析】句意：我的老师给了我一些有用的建议，我想从心底里感谢他。考查名词辨析。A. bottom底部；B. condition条件；C. way方法；D. surface表面。根据前面My teacher has given me useful suggestions可知后面此处应是从心底里感谢老师，from the bottom of my heart视为固定词组，意为“从我的心底里”，结合选项，可知A选项符合题意，故答案选A。
4. -- Do you understand what he said just now?
A. One by one
B. More or less
C. From time to time
D. Here and there
【解析】句意：——你明白他刚才说的话吗？——或多或少吧。考查情景交际。A. One by one逐个地，一个接一个地；B. More or less或多或少；C. From time to time有时；D. Here and there到处。根据上文Do you understand what he said just now? 你明白他刚才说的话吗？结合选项，可知B选项符合题意，故答案选B。
5. He is a ______ person, but he is good at telling funny stories
6. -- Excuse me, where is the nearest bank?
-- Go straight ahead; you ______ miss it.
【解析】句意：——打扰一下，请问最近的银行在哪里?--径直往前走，你不可能错过它。考查情态动词。A. mustn't不准、禁止；B. can't不可能；C. needn't不必；D. shouldn't不应该。结构语境，该处表示“你不可能错过它的”，结合选项，可知B选项符合题意，故答案选B。
7. As we all know, a person learns many things by making mistakes and ________ them.
C. to correct
点睛：介词by意为“通过…，凭…”，后面常接动名词，形成“by+v.-ing”结构，表示通过做某事而得到某种结果；本题中by后面有两个宾语，一个是making mistakes，另外一个是correcting them，and连接两个并列宾语，故答案选D。
8. He was once ______ killed in a car accident several years ago.
9. Air pollution will remain a problem for a long time, ______ we have done a lot to solve it.
【解析】句意：空气污染在很长一段时间内仍将是一个问题，虽然我们已经做了很多工作来解决它。考查连词。A. though尽管，虽然（引导让步状语从句）；B. since自从，由于，因为，既然；C. unless除非，如果不；D. if如果。根据句意空气污染在很长一段时间内仍将是一个问题，虽然我们已经做了很多工作来解决它，可知前后存在一种让步关系，故答案选A。
10. I know what you are thinking about. I can ______ your mind from the look on your face.
【解析】句意：我知道你在想什么，我能从你脸上的表情看出你的心思。动词辨析。A. stay停留；B. spare饶恕；C. read读懂（文字、表情、心情）；D. attend出席。根据句意我知道你在想什么，我能从你脸上的表情____你的心思，结合选项，可知C选项符合题意，故答案选C。
11. -- Has your daughter come back from Australia?
-- Yes. She ______ there for three years
A. has stayed
D. had stayed
【解析】句意：——你女儿从澳大利亚回来了吗？——是的。她在那里住了三年。考查一般过去时。A. has stayed现在完成时；B. stays一般现在时；C. stayed一般过去时；D. had stayed过去完成时。根据句意可知女儿已经从澳大利亚回来了，所以待在澳大利亚的动作表示的是过去，要用一般过去时，故答案选C。
12. Everyone can help in ______ way or another to make our city more beautiful.
【解析】句意：每个人都可以以这样或那样的方式帮助我们的城市变得更美丽。one or another固定搭配，“这样或那样”；any任何、every每个、either两个中的任意一个，都不能和another构成搭配；在本题中in one way or another是固定搭配，意思是“以某种方式”；故答案选B。
13. Terry, _______ from your cell phone when your father is talking to you.
A. look up
B. look around
C. look down
D. look out
【解析】句意：Terry，当你爸爸和你说话的时候，请将头从手机上抬起来。考查动词短语。A. look up向上看；B. look around环顾四周；C. look down向下看；D. look out 根据上下文语境可知当爸爸和你说话的时候要注视对方，表示尊敬，即抬起头（将目光从手机上移开，不要总是低头看手机，这是不礼貌的），结合选项，可知A选项符合题意，look up from意思是“从…抬头看”，故答案选A。
14. I'm afraid I didn't ______ you. Could you repeat your words?
【解析】句意：恐怕我没听懂你的话，你能重复一下你的话吗？动词辨析。A. believe相信；B. follow跟随；C. please请；D. satisfy满意。根据下文Could you repeat your words? 你能重复一下你的话吗？结合题干I'm afraid I didn't ______ you.可知是“我没听懂你的话”，即I didn't follow you.所以B选项符合题意，故答案选B。
15. -- Do remember to watch out for cars while crossing the street.
A. Heard it
B. Made it
C. Forgot it
D. Got it
【解析】句意：——过马路时要注意车辆。——知道了。考查情景交际。A. Heard it听到了；B. Made it成功了；C. Forgot it忘了；D. Got it知道了、明白了。根据语境可知是明白对方所说的话，故答案选D。
Mr. Jackson was our science teacher. On the first day of class, he gave us a talk about an animal called wampus. He told us that the wampus lived on earth millions of years ago during the Ice Age and died out because of the change of climate (气候). We all listened carefully and took ___16___of everything he said. Later we had a ___17___.
When the exam paper was ___18___ to me, I was surprised and sad. There was a big red "X" through each of my answers. I failed. But how come? ___19___ on the test paper, I had written down ___20___ Mr. Jackson said in class.
Then I realized that no one ___21___ the exam at all. What had happened?
"Very simple," Mr. Jackson explained. "I had made up all that story about the wampus. There had never been any such animal, so the information in your notes was not correct. Do you expect to get ___22___ marks for incorrect answers?"
There was no need to say we were ___23___ . What kind of test was this? What kind of teacher was he?
How could we believe he gave us so much information about an animal that had not been there at all? How was it possible ___24___ us students to doubt what the teacher taught us?
"The zeros on your papers will be ___25___ in your grade books," he said. And he did it.
Through this ___26___ , Mr. Jackson hoped that we would learn something. Teachers and books are not always ___27___ . In fact, no one is. He told us not to let our mind go to sleep. Instead, we should keep thinking all the time and speak up if we think there are ___28___ in our teachers' words or in books.
We should ___29___ the habit of doubting, and the ability to decide by ourselves. What a special ___30___ he gave us!
16. A. books B. notes C. supports D. messages
17. A. discussion B. question C. test D. plan
18. A. returned B. directed C. added D. compared
19. A. Anyway B. Luckily C. Anywhere D. Bravely
20. A. when B. whether C. why D. what
21. A. refused B. pushed C. passed D. praised
22. A. useful B. high C. exact D. low
23. A. polite B. glad C. modern D. angry
24. A. with B. over C. for D. of
25. A. recorded B. described C. collected D. circled
26. A. experience B. notice C. introduction D. progress
27. A. interesting B. right C. active D. silent
28. A. decisions B. reasons C. points D. mistakes
29. A. repeat B. risk C. develop D. move
30. A. report B. promise C. model D. lesson
【答案】16. B 17. C 18. A 19. A 20. D 21. C 22. B 23. D 24. C 25. A 26. A 27. B 28. D 29. C 30. D
16. 句意：我们都仔细地听着，把他说的每句话都做了笔记。考查名词及语境的理解。A. books书籍；B. notes笔记；C. supports支持；D. messages信息。根据句意：我们都仔细地听着，把他说的每句话都___1__，可知此处应该是“做了笔记”，take notes“做笔记”，故答案选B。
17. 句意：后来我们进行了一次测试。。考查名词及语境的理解。A. discussion讨论；B. question问题；C. test测试；D. plan计划。根据下文When the exam paper was ___3___ to me,可知此处应是进行了一次测试，故答案选C。
18. 句意：当试卷交还给我时，我既惊讶又难过。A. returned归还；B. directed指导；C. added增加；D. compared比较。根据There was a big red "X" through each of my answers.可知是试卷发下来了，也就是归还给了我，故答案选A。
19. 句意：不管怎样，在试卷上，我已经把杰克逊先生在课堂上说的话记下来了。考查副词及语境的理解。A. Anyway不管怎样、无论如何；B. Luckily幸运地；C. Anywhere任何地方；D. Bravely勇敢地。根据下文：在试卷上，我已经把杰克逊先生在课堂上说的话记下来了，可知此处应填副词“不管怎样”，故答案选A。
20. 句意：我已经把杰克逊先生在课堂上说的话记下来了。考查连接代词及语境的理解。A. when当…时候；B. whether是否；C. why为什么；D. what什么。根据题干I had written down ___5___ Mr. Jackson said in class.可知此处引导的是宾语从句，空格处在从句中充当宾语，所以用what来引导，故答案选D。
21. 句意：然后我意识到没有人通过考试。考查动词及语境的理解。A. refused拒绝；B. pushed推；C. passed通过；D. praised称赞。根据句意：然后我意识到没有人___6___考试，联系上文的语境，可知是没有人通过考试，故答案选C。
22. 句意：你认为不正确的答案会得高分吗？考查形容词及语境的理解。A. useful有用的；B. high高的；C. exact精确的；D. low低的。根据上文There had never been any such animal, so the information in your notes was not correct.可知，此处是Mr. Jackson在问“你认为不正确的答案会得高分吗？”故答案选B。
23. 句意：不用说，我们都很生气。考查形容词及语境的理解。A. polite有礼貌的；B. glad高兴的；C. modern现代的；D. angry生气的。根据下文What kind of test was this? What kind of teacher was he?结合上文语境，可知是学生们都很生气，故答案选D。
24. 句意：我们学生怎么可能怀疑老师教给我们的东西呢？考查介词及语境的理解。A. with和…一起；B. over在…之上；C. for为了；D. of…的。It's +形容词+for sb.to do sth.是固定句型，意思是“对某人来说…很…”，故答案选C。
25. 句意：他说：“你们论文上的零将会被记录在你的成绩表里。” 考查动词及语境的理解。A. recorded记录；B. described描述；C. collected收集；D. circled环绕。根据后面的in your grade books，可知是零分的成绩将会被记录在成绩表里，故答案选A。
26. 句意：通过这次经历，杰克逊先生希望我们能学到一些东西。考查名词及语境的理解。A. experience经历；B. notice通知；C. introduction介绍；D. progress进步。根据句意通过这次___11___，杰克逊先生希望我们能学到一些东西，联系上文语境，可知此处应是“经历”，故答案选A。
27. 句意：老师和书本并不总是正确的。考查形容词及语境的理解。A. interesting有趣的；B. right正确的；C. active主动的；D. silent沉默的。根据下文. In fact, no one is.可推知此处是说“老师和书本并不总是正确的”，故答案选B。
28. 句意：相反，如果我们认为老师的话或书中有错误，我们应该一直思考并大声地说出来。考查名词及语境的理解。A. decisions决定；B. reasons理由；C. points点；D. mistakes错误。根据前面Instead, we should keep thinking all the time and speak up可推知此处应是“如果我们认为老师的话或书中有错误”，故答案选D。
29. 句意：我们应该养成怀疑的习惯，以及自己做决定的能力。考查动词及语境的理解。A. repeat重复；B. risk冒险；C. develop养成；D. move移动。根据后面的the habit，可知应是“养成习惯”，故答案选C。
30. 句意：他给我们上了多么特别的一课啊！考查名词及语境的理解。A. report报告；B. promise希望；C. model模型；D. lesson功课、教训。通过对整篇文章的理解可知Mr. Jackson给学生们上了非常特殊的一课，这里是作者的总结感叹；结合选项，可知D选项符合题意，故答案选D。
There are a lot of music festivals to look forward to in the coming months.
Firefly Music Festival
Many people have thought of going to Delaware for a summer vacation, and mid- June is a great time to plan a trip if you love music.
Date: June 14-17
Place: Delaware, USA
Music Type: Country Music
This music festival has a long history since 1971. What's interesting about this festival is that you can get to know some artists from different countries.
June 30-July 10
Music Type: Rock
Come to Paris. Not only will you have great music in the Secret Solstice, but you can also visit some old museums.
Date: June 21-24
Place: Paris, France
Music Type: Folk Music
Montreal International Jazz Festival
All jazz lovers should come to the Montreal International Jazz Festival at least once in a lifetime. This event brings together some of the best musicians.
Date: June 28-July 7
Place: Montreal, Canada
Music Type: Jazz
31. What is common to the music festivals in the text?
A. They are all held in Europe.
B. They are all about country music.
C. They are all given outdoors.
D. They all take place in summer.
32. What can we know about Delaware from the text?
A. It is a good choice for summer holiday.
B. It is an old city with many old museums.
C. It has musicians from different countries.
D. It has interested jazz fans around the world.
33. Which music festival will last for the longest time?
A. Secret Solstice.
B. Roskilde Festival.
C. Firefly Music Festival.
D. Montreal International Jazz Festival.
【答案】31. D 32. A 33. B
31. 细节理解题。根据每个活动的时间：Firefly Music Festival Date: June 14-17；Roskilde Festival June 30-July 10；Secret Solstice Date: June 21-24；Montreal International Jazz Festival Date: June 28-July 7；可知它们都是发生在June或July，也就是夏天，故答案选D。
32. 推理判断题。根据Many people have thought of going to Delaware for a summer vacation, and mid- June is a great time to plan a trip if you love music.可推知，特拉华州是一个暑假选择去的好地方，故答案选A。
33. 细节理解题。根据每个活动的时间：Firefly Music Festival Date: June 14-17；Roskilde Festival June 30-July 10；Secret Solstice Date: June 21-24；Montreal International Jazz Festival Date: June 28-July 7；可知，Roskilde Festival持续的时间最长，故答案选B。
One day, as two little boys were walking along the road, they passed a woman carrying a large basket of apples.
The boys thought the woman looked very pale and tired, so they said, "Are you going to town? If you are, we will carry your basket." "Thank you," replied the woman, Then she told them that she had a disabled son. She lived in a small house three miles away, and was now going to the market to sell the apples which grew on the only tree in her little garden. She needed the money for their living.
"We are going the same way you are," said the boys and they took hold of the basket, one on each side, and trudged along with merry hearts. The poor woman looked glad, and said that she hoped their mother would not be angry with them. "Oh, no," they replied, "our mother has taught us to be kind to others, and to be useful in any way that we can."
The woman then offered to give them a few apples for their help. "No, thank you. We want nothing for what we have done," said the boys. When the woman got home, she told her son what had happened on the road, and they were both made happier that day by the kindness of the two boys.
Another day, the woman saw his son stop and pick up a piece of orange peel, which he threw into the dustbin. "I wish people would not throw orange peel on the sidewalk," said the son. “Someone may walk upon it, and fall.” “That is right, my dear,” she said. "It is a little thing for you to do what you have done, but it shows that you're thoughtful and considerate."
34. Why did the two boys help the woman carry the basket?
A. They wanted to eat some apples.
B. Their teacher told them to do that.
C. Their mother taught them to be helpful.
D. They were asked by the woman to help her.
35. Which of the following sentences is True?
A. The woman had a lot of apple trees in her garden.
B. Everyone can begin with small things to help others.
C. The woman didn't have money to send her son to school.
D. Poor people were in need of more help than rich people.
36. In the third paragraph, the underlined word "trudged" is close in meaning to ________.
37. What can be a title for the passage?
A. A Basket of Apples
B. Mot her and Her Son
C. Small Act of Kindness
D. On the Way to the Town
【答案】34. C 35. B 36. A 37. C
34. 细节理解题。根据文中的句子our mother has taught us to be kind to others, and to be useful in any way that we can.可知，是他们的妈妈教他们要乐于助人，故答案选C。
35. 推理判断题。A、这个女人的花园里有很多苹果树。根据and was now going to the market to sell the apples which grew on the only tree in her little garden.可知A选项错误；B、每个人都可以从小事做起来帮助他人。根据our mother has taught us to be kind to others, and to be useful in any way that we can.以及It is a little thing for you to do what you have done, but it shows that you're thoughtful and considerate.可知B选项是正确的；C、那个女人没有钱送儿子上学。通读文章的第二段可知本文只是告诉我们那个女人有一个残疾儿子，而且她的生活很拮据，但并没有告诉我们那个女人没有钱送儿子上学，故C选项错误；D、穷人比妇人需要更多的帮助。通读全文可知文中并没有提到这样的话题，所以D选项错误；本题是问哪一个句子是正确的，故答案选B。
36. 词义猜测题。根据"We are going the same way you are," said the boys and they took hold of the basket, one on each side, and trudged along with merry hearts.“我们和你走的是同一条路”，孩子们说着，抓住篮子，两边各一个，心情愉快地____，由语境可知孩子们是一边一个抬着篮子愉快地向前走去，故答案选A。
Hello and welcome to "Words and Their Stories". We will research into some commonly used words and expressions. As with other languages, American English is rich in expressions that come from animals. Today we will talk about the wolf.
Wolves are important animals in the traditions and stories of America. Before the Europeans arrived at north America in the 1500s, to native (土著的) Americans, wolves often meant being brave.
However, in English, wolves are not to be trusted. Perhaps wolves attacked too many people or ate too many farm animals. Whatever the reason, wolves were killed in many places. So many died that they almost became endangered. They also became known as bad animals.
To begin with, there is an expression lone wolf. If we call somebody a lone wolf, he isn't a bad person, but he may like to do things by himself. In fact, he sometimes makes you think he doesn't want to be around people because he dislikes them.
Now, let’s move on to the home. Parents tell their children not to wolf down their food. In other words, the child eats too quickly and without care. And if someone says a child was raised by wolves, that child has bad manners and is behaving like a wild animal.
A wolf call is the noise made by a man to show that he likes the way a woman looks. But a wolf call is not a nice thing. These men sound rude. And trust me, most women really hate wolf calls. So, they don't help a man in the game of love.
By the way, there is a popular expression about wolf from a very old story: a wolf in sheep’s clothing. A wolf in sheep’s clothing describes someone who acts and looks nice on the outside but is bad on the inside. It tells us not to be fooled by appearances.
38. What can we know after reading the passage?
A. Wolves are dangerous and should be killed in order to protect other animals.
B. Only in American English can we expect to find expressions about wolves.
C. In different areas and times, wolves make people think of different things.
D. Nobody lived in north America before the Europeans went there in the 1500s.
39. If a person is called a lone wolf, which of the following things is he most likely to do?
A. Helping classmates to finish homework.
B. Stealing money if nobody is watching.
C. Making many friends with people around.
D. Going to see a movie on his own after school.
40. Which of the following expressions can be used on a student who often breaks school rules?
A. A lone wolf.
B. Raised by wolves.
C. Wolf call.
D. A wolf in sheep's clothing.
41. Where is it possible for us to find the passage above?
A. A book for travel guide.
B. A magazine on trade and business.
C. A science report.
D. A program for English learning.
【答案】38. C 39. D 40. B 41. D
38. 细节理解题。根据Wolves are important animals in the traditions and stories of America. Before the Europeans arrived at north America in the 1500s, to native Americans, wolves often meant being brave.以及However, in English, wolves are not to be trusted. Perhaps wolves attacked too many people or ate too many farm animals. … They also became known as bad animals.可知C选项“在不同的地区和时代，狼让人们想到不同的东西”符合题意，故答案选C。
39. 细节理解题。根据If we call somebody a lone wolf, he isn't a bad person, but he may like to do things by himself.可知D选项“放学后自己去看电影”符合题意，故答案选D。
40. 推理判断题。根据And if someone says a child was raised by wolves, that child has bad manners and is behaving like a wild animal.可知，一个被狼养大的孩子，那么他的行为举止就像野兽一样，由此可以推知像这样的孩子在学校应该是经常违反校规的，故答案选B。
41. 文章出处题。根据Hello and welcome to "Words and Their Stories". We will research into some commonly used words and expressions. As with other languages, American English is rich in expressions that come from animals.可知，本文可能在一本英语学习计划里能找到，故答案选D。
Possible Earth-Like Planet Next Door?
Scientists say they discovered an earth-like planet outside our solar system (太阳系). It is a planet that could support life.
This planet is just 4.2 light years away from us. It is so close that space scientists have considered it as a next door neighbor. They say it could be reached by an unmanned spaceship before the end of the century -- in time for people alive today to see it.
An international team of scientists found the planet moving around the star called "Proxima Centauri". The result came out last month from the scientific magazine Nature.
Scientists have long thought that a planet with water is important for life. And it has to be neither too hot nor too cold. The newly-discovered planet is a little larger than earth Scientists have named it Proxima B. It moves around its sun, Proxima Centauri, once every 11 days.
American scientists have been using instruments for years to look for earth-like planets. In 2013, scientists' best guess was that there are about one billion (1,000 million) "earths" in space.
Alan Boss is the chairman of a group for outer space research. He said that Proxima B not only confirms (确认) the discovery of a planet, but also increases the number of other possible“earths” greatly.
Boss said it is possible, even likely, that most stars have at least one earth-like planet, which he considers surprising.
So from the early number of a billion, this new research suggests there may be as many possible earth-like planets as there are stars in the Galaxy (银河系). That is, anywhere from 250 billion to 500 billion "earths".
This makes the possibility of living things increasingly likely Boss said he believes human beings will be able to show that there is life in places besides earth in his lifetime. "I am 65," he said, "but I expect to still be alive when it happens."
42. When will it be possible for an unmanned spaceship to reach Proxima B?
A. In about eighty years.
B. In about 4. 2 years.
C. In about eleven days.
D. In about one billion years.
43. In the fourth paragraph, the writer thinks that _______ is necessary for life.
44. What does the underlined word "This" stand for in the last paragraph?
A. Scientists have discovered an earth-like planet last month.
B. There are far more earth-like planets than people thought.
C. Proxima B is not far from earth and is just like our neighbor.
D. The Galaxy will be the only place for living things to live in.
45. What does Alan Boss mean by saying "but I expect to still be alive when it happens"?
A. His health is in good state and he's sure he will live a long life.
B. Science is developing much faster than ever in recent years.
C. Scientists may soon find fact that there’s life on other planets.
D. America is far ahead of other countries in space research.
【答案】42. A 43. A 44. B 45. C
【解析】文章大意：科学家们说他们在太阳系外发现了一颗类似地球的行星，这是一个可以支持生命的星球。这颗星球离我们只有4.2光年，以至于科学家们认为它是地球的邻居。科学家们说，在本世纪末，可以通过一艘无人驾驶飞船到达那里，让今天活着的人及时看到它。科学家们一直认为有水的行星对生命很重要，这颗新发现的行星比地球稍微大一点，科学家们把它命名为Proxima B。美国科学家多年以来一直使用仪器寻找类地行星，Proxima B的发现，不仅证实了行星的发现，而且大大增加了其他可能的“地球”数量。新的研究表明，银河系中可能存在的类地行星和恒星一样多。Alan Boss说他相信在他的一生中，除了地球，人类将能证明地球上还有生命。
42. 理解计算题。根据They say it could be reached by an unmanned spaceship before the end of the century -- in time for people alive today to see it.可知，在本世纪末以前，人们可以通过一艘无人驾驶的宇宙飞船到达那里，本世纪末即2099年，现在是2018年，2099-2018=81，所以大约八十年后，故答案选A。
43. 细节理解题。根据Scientists have long thought that a planet with water is important for life.可知，作者认为水是生命所必需的，故答案选A。
44. 词义猜测题。联系上文So from the early number of a billion, this new research suggests there may be as many possible earth-like planets as there are stars in the Galaxy . That is, anywhere from 250 billion to 500 billion "earths".可知，“This”指的是银河系中存在有比人们想象的其它更多的类地行星，故答案选B。
45. 理解推测题。根据This makes the possibility of living things increasingly likely Boss said he believes human beings will be able to show that there is life in places besides earth in his lifetime. "I am 65," he said, "but I expect to still be alive when it happens."可知，Alan Boss教授希望在他的有生之年能看到科学家们发现其它行星上也有生命，教授今年65岁了，所以可推知科学家们可能很快就会发现其它行星上也有生命，故答案选C。
46. Before reaching an _______, they had a heated discussion. (agree)
47. -- I am ______ sorry. I broke your camera by accident. (awful)
-- Never mind. I’ m sure you didn't do it on purpose and it can't be helped.
48. Her father ______ her off at the school gate and then drove to work. (drop)
49. Because of the bad weather, there was a ______ change of our plan. (sudden)
50. Mark was the only student that was _______ to attend the meeting. (choose)
51. -- Perhaps one day I may go on a _______ holiday. (relax)
-- Yeah, dream on!
52. This shirt is a little expensive. Can you show me a _____ one? (cheap)
53. Good luck is when a chance comes and you're ______ for it (prepare)
54. -- Can you tell me the way to the Central Hospital?
-- Sorry. I myself am a _____ to this city. (strange)
55. They've been friends for many years and they both _______ their friendship very much. (value)
49. sudden 50. chosen
48. 句意：她父亲把她送到学校大门口，然后开车去上班。由题干可知本题考查固定词组drop off
51. 句意：——也许有一天我会去度一个轻松的假期。——是的，梦想！由题干可知此处应填一个形容词形式修饰后面的名词holiday ，relax是动词，与其对应的形容词为relaxing，故答案填relaxing。
52. 句意：这件衬衫有点贵，你能给我看看便宜一点的吗？根据前面的a little expensive，可知此处应是要便宜一点的，所以其中暗含比较的意思，要用形容词的比较级形式，cheap的比较级是cheaper，故答案填cheaper。
Kate and Dick were classmates. They ___56___ (相处) well with each other and later fell in love. After getting m___57___ , they found it difficult to ___58___ (谋生).
Finally, they decided ___59___ run a small restaurant near the railway station. The restaurant often stayed o___60___ until after midnight, because people came to drink there while they were ___61___ (等待) trains.
At two o'clock one morning, ___62___ man was still sitting at a table in the restaurant. He was ___63___ [ə'sli:p]. Kate wanted to go to bed. She looked at the table several times, and each time the man was still there. Then, ___64___ (最终) she went to her h___65___ and said to him, "You've talked to that man three times, and he isn't drinking any more. ___66___ haven't you sent him away? After ___67___ , it's so late."
"Oh, no, I don't want to send him away," a___68___ Dick with a smile. "You see, whenever I ___69___ (叫醒) the man, he asks for the bill, and when I bring it to him, he p___70___ it. Then he goes back to sleep again."
【答案】56. got on/along
58. make a living/earn their living
59. to 60. open
61. waiting for
62. a/one 63. asleep
64. at last/in the end
66. Why 67. all
69. wake up
56. 句意：他们相处的很好，后来相爱了。根据提示词“相处”，可知英文表达是get on或get along，在句中是作谓语；这是在讲述一个故事，所以用一般过去时，get的过去式为got，故答案填got on/along。
57. 句意：结婚后。根据上文later fell in love以及首字母提示，可知此处是指“结婚”，get married固定词组，“结婚”，故答案填married。
58. 句意：他们发现谋生很困难。根据提示词“谋生”，可知英文表达是make a living或earn their living，前面有介词to，所以这里用动词原形，故答案填make a living/earn their living。
59. 句意：最后，他们决定在火车站附近开一家小餐馆。decide to do sth.决定去做某事，故答案填to。
60. 句意：这家餐馆经常营业到午夜以后。根据句意以及首字母提示可知此处应填open，stay open：开门营业，相当于keep open，故答案填open。
61. 句意：因为人们在等火车的时候来这里喝酒。根据提示词“等待”，可知英文表达是wait for，本句是while引导的时间状语从句，主句动作发生在从句动作的过程中，所以时态用过去进行时，即在等火车的时候来这里喝酒，故答案填waiting for。
62. 句意：一天凌晨两点钟，一个男人还坐在餐馆的一张桌子旁。根据下文He was ___8___， 可知是“一个男人”，a man或one man，故答案填a/one。
64. 句意：最后，她走到丈夫跟前对他说。根据提示词“最终”，可知英文表达是at last或in the end，故答案填at last/in the end。
67. 句意：毕竟，天气太晚了。由语境和句意可知此处考查固定词组after all“毕竟、终究”，故答案填all。
69. 句意：你看，每当我叫醒那个人，他就要账单。根据提示词“叫醒”，可知英文表达是wake up，这里是直接引用Dick叙述这件事情时所说的话，所以用一般现在时，故答案填wake up。
点睛：本题为短文填空，首先要快速浏览全文，理解短文的大致意思，再精读短文注意所填的词在句中的词性、时态等等。然后根据句意、上下文联系、语境及所给出的提示填写合适的词语。如，第4小题，考查固定搭配，decide to do sth.决定去做某事，故答案填to。第8小题，根据音标[ə'sli:p]，可知单词应是asleep，和前面的系动词was构成系表结构，表示睡着的状态，故答案填asleep。
假设你是李华,请给你们的美籍教师Bob写一封电子邮件,向他简要介绍你校即将举办的英语文化节( English Culture Festival),邀请他参加本次活动,并请他在节目最后做一个关于如何学好英语的讲座。
2.活动地点:报告厅( Lecture Hall);
How is it going?
Looking forward to your reply.
How is it going?
An English Culture Festival will be held in our school. All of us students do hope that you could come and join us.
The activity will begin in the Lecture Hall at 14: 30 this Friday ant last about 3 hours. We've prepared many programs for it, for example, English songs. What's more, some students will perform plays in English.
As you know, many students in our school have difficulty in learning English well. So when the performance finishes, it would be very nice if you could give a talk and provide us with some practical advice.
Looking forward to your reply.
【解析】这是一篇给材料作文。要求写一封电子邮件邀请你的美籍老师Bob来参加你校即将举办的英语文化节活动，并请他在节目最后做一个关于如何学好英语的讲座。邮件还应包括以下内容:1.活动时间:本周五下午14:30-17:30;2.活动地点:报告厅( Lecture Hall);3活动内容:学生演唱英文歌曲…。根据所给的材料内容可知本文时态为一般现在时和一般将来时，人称主要为第一人称。在写作时，要涵盖材料中所提到的所有内容要点，要理顺要点，防止漏写。同时要注意紧扣主题，连句成篇，保持文章的连贯性。要注意语言的表述应该符合语法的结构，造句应该符合英语的表达习惯。要使用自己有把握的句式、单词，词汇，句式要丰富多样，可以为文章增色添彩。最后必须认真检查是否有漏写情况，有无拼写错误及标点误用等。
文 章来源 莲