（满分150分，考试时间100分钟） 2018. 4
Part 1 Listening (第一部分 听力)
I. Listening comprehension (听力理解) （共30分）
A. Listen and choose the right picture (根据你听到的内容，选出相应的图片) (6分)
1.______ 2. ______ 3. ______ 4. ______5.______ 6. ______
B. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear (根据你听到的对话和问题，选出最恰当的答案) （8分）
7. A) In his schoolbag. B) In his pocket. C) In the desk. D) In the playground.
8. A) To buy things. B) To travel around. C) To study. D) To go on business.
9. A) Rainy. B) Cloudy. C) Windy. D) Sunny.
10. A) 20 yuan. B) 60 yuan. C) 70 yuan. D) 80 yuan.
11. A) Once. B) Twice. C) Three times. D) Four times.
12. A) Teacher and student. B) Husband and wife. C) Doctor and patient. D) Manager and clerk.
13. A) She isn’t very shy. B) She is quiet.
C) She talks a lot. D) She is easy to communicate.
14. A) The radio is broken. B) Some parts of the radio are missing.
C) He will repair the radio. D) He will change the batteries.
C. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false (判断下列句子是否符合你听到的短文内容，符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示) (6分)
15. The writer taught the kids how to read as a volunteer last summer.
16. Mary often went to the nearest supermarket twice a week by bus.
17. Although Mary didn’t know words, she could recognize items by sight.
18. Mary felt confident because she managed to walk to the supermarket by herself.
19. Mary could read bedtime stories to her youngest son at the end of the program.
20. The writer learned more about teaching and helping others than Mary did.
D. Listen to the passage and complete the following sentences (听短文，完成下列内容，每空格限填一词) (10分)
21. The reading club started _______ _______ and it has about 90 members now.
22. Sometimes the members of the music club _______ _______ performances themselves.
23. Trips or bicycle races are usually organized _______ _______ and last at least two hours.
24. The aim of the environment protection club is to make our _______ _______.
25. In environment protection club, students can _______ ______ on the farm not far from their school.
Part 2 Phonetics, Grammar and Vocabulary
II. Choose the best answer (选择最恰当的答案) (共20分)
26. Which of the following words is pronounced as / praɪz/?
A) praise B) prize C) price D) prison
27. Which of the following underlined parts is different in pronunciation from the others?
A) I felt my heart beating fast. B) For breakfast I had a slice of bread.
C) Health means wealth. D) Go ahead! Believe in yourself.
28. His health condition got so bad recently that he decided to go on ______ diet right now.
A) a B) an C) the D) /
29. I remember that my cousin Peter came to see us ______ a very cold night last time.
A) in B) on C) at D) with
30. Ted, a friend of _______, is keen on taking an active part in sports regularly.
A) my B) mine C) me D) myself
31. Some traditional skills are disappearing because ______ young people are interested in them.
A) few B) a few C) little D) a little
32. Learning to do some teamwork with ______ is important in our daily life.
A) another B) the other C) others D) the others
33. Fifty percent of my monthly pocket money _______ spent on entertainment.
A) have B) has C) is D) are
34. ______ graduates will attend the 100th anniversary celebration of the university next month.
A) Thousand B) Thousands C) Thousand of D) Thousands of
35. Martin didn’t eat up all the food he ordered, _______ he took the rest away.
A) for B) or C) as D) so
36. The waitress talked as ________ as she could to make the customers understand her.
A) clear B) clearer C) clearly D) more clearly
37. Children over 120 cm tall _______ pay the full entry price to the exhibition show.
A) can B) may C) should D) must
38. Nowadays a lot of young people are trying to do more things _______ the old.
A) to serve B) serve C) serving D) served
39. ______ amazing it is to see so many wild animals with our own eyes in Shanghai!
A) How B) What C) What a D) What an
40. There’s something wrong with our new product. We ______ a lot of complaints so far.
A) receive B) received C) will receive D) have received
41. I don’t think Julia saw me at the moment because she_______ with her friends on the Internet.
A) is chatting B) was chatting C) has chatted D) would chat
42. He offered to take me for a ride in his new car after he finished _______it.
A) clean B) cleans C) cleaning D) to clean
43. You will see a lot of ancient buildings there _______ you go to that famous small town.
A) because B) though C) if D) since
44. – Let’s go to Mr. Smith’s speech on western culture, shall we?
– ______ We can attend his lecture next time.
A) Why not? B) That’s all right. C) Never mind. D) I’m afraid it’s too late.
45. – Students should be allowed to have mobile phones. They can contact their parents more conveniently.
– ______ Actually they often use them to play games.
A) I hope so. B) I don’t agree. C) No problem. D) Good idea.
III. Complete the following passage with the words or phrases in the box. Each can be used only once (将下列单词或词组填入空格。每空格限填一词，每词只能填一次) (共8分)
A) conversation B) hear of C) develop D) complete E) present
We live in a world that prizes education. But most people think of education only in terms of formal classes. When people graduate from high school or college, they usually think their education is 46 . But it is possible to continue learning after finishing school. And making the effort pays off personally and professionally.
On a personal level, learning can be fun. It can deepen your 47 by giving you something interesting to talk about. And it’s good for your brain. Hobbies that require thought can help you keep your mental abilities at your age. Just as exercise makes your muscles stronger, your mind becomes sharper when you use it.
Being a lifelong learner can also help your career. Becoming an expert in an area outside of your 48 job gives you freedom. It allows you to take a job another field if you want to. Also, knowledge in other areas can help you 49 creative ideas in your current job.
A) throughout B) economy C) resources D) nearby E) decision
So how do you become a lifelong learner? It starts with making a conscious 50 to do so. You need to be determined to keep making the effort to learn when it isn’t easy. It may help to find friends who will encourage your learning. It might also help to set aside specific items to study.
Try finding time to learn 51 your day. Carry a book with you, and read when you have to wait. Audiobooks and podcasts are also helpful 52 . You can listen to them while traveling or doing chores.
Finding ways to use what you learn can help you remember things. If you want to learn how to fix appliances, try fixing some at home. If you’re learning a foreign language, find someone who speaks that language to talk to. If you’re learning facts about 53 or science, explain what you’re learning to someone else. Then you can help that person be a lifelong learner, too!
IV. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms (用括号中所给单词的适当形式完成下列句子，每空格限填一词) (共8分)
54. Mr Black is one of the most famous _______ in that five-star restaurant. (cook)
55. He first learnt to express _______ through movement at Tim’s dance class. (he)
56. The actor who acted in the TV series last night became famous in his ______. (forty)
57. The _______ to Hainan Island has been cancelled because of the heavy snow. (fly)
58. It’s cold today. Please _______ the milk in the microwave oven before you drink. (hot)
59. O. Henry’s stories often have unexpected endings. They are_______ welcomed. (wide)
60. The farmer was very _______ to the doctor because he saved his wife’s life. (thank)
61. A good teacher can help you _______ your talents and develop them as well. (cover)
V. Complete the following sentences as required (根据所给要求完成句子。第62-67题每空格限填一词) (共14分)
62. Both Tina and Tom have already been to Shanghai Disneyland Park. (改为否定句)
_______ Tina_______ Tom has been to Shanghai Disneyland Park yet.
63. We can open the door of the safe with the key Tony gave us. (对划线部分提问)
_______ _______ you open the door of the safe?
64. The trip to France and Italy cost the old couple a lot. (改为反意疑问句)
The trip to France and Italy cost the old couple a lot, _______ _______?
65. More tourists prefer to visit European countries on their own these days. (保持句意基本不变)
More tourists _______ ______ visit European countries on their own these days.
66. What does Alice send to Ms Jones on her birthday every year? Could you tell me? (合并成一句)
Could you tell me _______ Alice_______ to Ms Jones on her birthday every year?
67. Farmers in that village grew different kinds of fruits for a living years ago. (改为被动语态)
Different kinds of fruits _______ _______ by farmers in that village for a living years ago.
68. the match, was excited, his team, when, won, the little boy. (连词成句)
Part 3 Reading and Writing (第三部分 读写)
VI. Reading comprehension (阅读理解) (共50分)
A. Choose the best answer (根据短文内容，选择最恰当的答案) (12分)
New research has found the longest living animal on Earth with a backbone is a shark.
The research, published in Science Magazine, found the Greenland shark is the longest living animal with a backbone in the world. The gray-colored sharks live in the cold water of the Arctic and are named after Greenland, the world’s largest island. After examining one of these sharks, scientists decided it was born in the icy water about 400 years ago and died out recently.
An international team of biologists and physicists was able to estimate (估计) the ages of 28 dead female Greenland sharks by studying the lenses of their eyes. It is a new way to learn the age of an animal. Eight of the sharks were probably 200 years old or more, and could even have been 300 years old. That would make them older than some whales, which earlier were believed to have been the oldest animals at about 211 years old, according to the Associated Press.
This discovery also means that Greenland sharks can live more than three times longer than humans. Many people these days can expect to live into their eighties. African elephants average about 70 years. The oldest of the Greenland sharks the scientists studied was nearly 5 meters long. It was thought to have been 392 years old when it was caught four years ago. However, because the testing method is so new, it is not exact.
The study’s lead author is Julius Nielsen, a marine biologist from Denmark. He says the 392 number could have an error range of 120 years in either direction. That means the shark was probably born sometime between the years 1500 and 1740, with 1620 being the most likely.
'It's an estimate. It's not a determination,' Nielsen said. 'It is the best we can do.'
Even at the lowest age, the shark would have been 272 years old when it died and still would be the longest-living animal with a backbone, Nielsen said.
'I don't know why they get as old, but I hope someone will find out,' Nielsen said.
69. According to Science Magazine, the Greenland shark ________.
A) is the longest living animal on earth B) rarely lives in the cold water of the Arctic
C) is an animal with a backbone D) still lives in the icy water now
70. A new way to learn the age of a female animal is _______.
A) to estimate it by a biologist B) to examine its skin
C) to study the lenses of its eyes D) to discover the place of its birth
71. The discovery means if people live into eighties, the shark might live into _______ years old.
A) almost 200 B) less than 211
C) over 320 D) at least 450
72. Which of the following statements is NOT true according to the passage?
A) The oldest of the Greenland sharks was nearly five meters long.
B) It can make sure that the oldest Greenland shark was 392 years old.
C) Julius Nielsen says the 392 number could have an error range of 120 years.
D) Julius Nielsen has tried to estimate the probable time the shark was born.
73. The author will probably write about ________ after the last paragraph.
A) the discovery of why sharks get so old B) the living habits of the sharks
C) the reasons why sharks disappeared D) the bad side of the sharks
74. The best title of the passage may probably be “________”.
A) A new way to study the sharks B) Caring for the sharks
C) Best Animal with a backbone on Earth D) Longest living animal with a backbone on Earth
B. Choose the best answer and complete the passage (选择最恰当的选项完成短文) (12分)
The Thanksgiving turkey is the cause of stress for me. I have 75 it as an enemy on Thanksgiving.
Over the years I had tried just every method of cooking the turkey. When I just got married I tried the traditional pan roasting method. But I forgot to buy my turkey 76 the day before Thanksgiving. And I bought a big one because I wanted to be sure to have enough turkey for everyone. Unfortunately, it wasn’t thawed (解冻) by the time I needed to cook it. I ended up with a dry turkey overcooked on the outside and rarely done 77 . And I had lots and lots of leftover turkey because nobody liked it.
The following year I was busy with a baby. So again I forgot to buy my turkey in time to get it 78 thawed. I had to be up most of the night before Thanksgiving running cold water over my turkey to get it thawed. The turkey ended up turning out okey but I was so tired and sleepy by the time I served dinner.
The next year I got a method of cooking turkey from local radio in early November. I was 79 to give it a try. Making that turkey was like taking care of a baby for nearly two days. I was so pleased with that turkey. I thought it was going to be the best tasting turkey ever since it was the most 80 I ever put in making turkey. But that didn’t happen. Nobody liked the flavour of the turkey.
I decided not to make one this year. But my family thought it wasn't Thanksgiving without turkey. The Thanksgiving turkey has been a yearly joke at our house and when I don’t make one there is nothing to complain about.
75. A) visited B) considered C) heard D) told
76. A) before B) after C) until D) since
77. A) on the surface B) on the top C) at the bottom D) in the middle
78. A) completely B) carefully C) easily D) slowly
79. A) afraid B) responsible C) surprised D) ready
80. A) money B) work C) power D) water
C. Fill in the blanks with proper words (在短文的空格内填入适当的词，使其内容通顺。每空格限填一词，首字母已给) (14分)
I rely a lot on my phone to help me when I study in America. Here are some of the most useful apps I have used but never paid for!
All phones come with an inbuilt calendar app. I’ve found myself using the app quite a lot recently. It is important to know your date when p 81 a weekend away. It is also comforting to check the app when I’m feeling homesick –it helps to remind me that I will be home soon, so I should make the most of my time a 82 .
It’s that moment when the word is on the tip of your tongue, but you just can’t r 83 it! Don’t worry; Google Translate can lend you a hand! Just make sure you double-check if you are translating longer texts, as the software does make some very humorous m 84 !
Personally, I really like the Gmail app because it automatically puts emails, based on different items, into different categories. The important mail goes straight to my inbox (信箱), while l 85 important mail is put into other categories.
After an exhausting day of work, I needed a way to help calm and focus my mind. This is how I found Headspace. Sign up for free to try some easy meditations (冥想) – they only take ten minutes. I’ve found them a great way to relax a 86 a stressful day.
When exploring a new town, it’s good to know the best places to eat and the most interesting attractions to see. I always turn to Trip Advisor for information. Here, you can find hotels, restaurants and attractions which are l 87 together with other visitors’ ratings (等级) and comments. It makes it a lot easier to choose a good hotel.
D. Answer the questions (根据以下内容回答问题) (12分)
The story of the Mary Celeste is a very famous unsolved mystery. The story is about a sailing ship called the Mary Celeste and the strange disappearance of all the people on board the ship.
The ship sailed from New York on 7th November, 1872, for the port of Genoa in Italy. It was carrying a cargo (货物) of 1,700 barrels of American alcohol which was worth 35,000 dollars. There were 10 people on board the ship: the captain, Briggs, his wife, Sarah, their two-year-old daughter, and seven crewmen. Briggs had a good fame as a captain. He was also a religious man who did not drink alcohol.
The mystery begins on 15th November, 1872. The Mary Celeste was between the Azores and the coast of Portugal when it was seen by the captain of another ship, Captain Morehouse. Captain Morehouse was immediately worried because he could see that the Mary Celeste was out of control. He was also very surprised because he knew that Captain Briggs was a good sailor. There were no distress (求救) signals from the Mary Celeste and no reply when Morehouse tried to make contact, so he decided to take a small boat and climb on board the Mary Celeste. There was nobody on board!
There didn’t seem to be much wrong with the ship: it was not in danger of sinking, so there was no need for panic. However, the ship’s register and other paperwork were missing; the navigation instruments were missing; and everything on the ship, including the captain’s bed, was wet through. Another important fact is that there were no boats on board. And a strange fact is that when the cargo was finally unloaded in Genoa, nine barrels of alcohol were missing. Can we find an explanation which fits all the known facts?
Morehouse guessed that the crew must, for some reason, have thought that the boat was sinking and panicked. But why did they think it was sinking? It is possible that, as the cargo was alcohol, there might be an explosion which would cause everyone on board to panic. The crew might have climbed into the boat and tied the boat to the main ship while they checked if the ship really was sinking. Perhaps a storm broke the rope and left them all in a small boat on stormy seas.
It seems that 92 now, but I am sure that people will keep thinking of possible solutions, and the only limit to these solutions will be the human imagination!
88. Which place did the Mary Celeste leave for?
89. What do you know about Briggs besides having a family of three people?
90. How did Morehouse feel when he saw the Mary Celeste was out of control?
91. Why did Morehouse guess that the crew panicked at that time?
92. What can be filled in the blank in the last paragraph?
93. Where do you think all the people on the ship might go? Show your possible reason(s)!
VII. Writing (作文) (共20分)
94. Write at least 60 words about the topic “The ______ I want to recommend”(请以“我想推荐____”为题，写一篇不少于60个词的短文，标点符号不占格。)
Part 1 Listening (第一部分 听力)
I. Listening comprehension(听力理解)
A. Listen and choose the right picture. (根据你听到的内容，选出相应的图片)
1. The doctor asked Kitty to have a good rest after her physical examination.
2. On Friday students usually go to the science lab to do some experiments.
3. These natural disasters have warned us to protect the earth immediately.
4. It’s against the rule if people make phones calls while driving.
5. If you put the seed into the soil, it may grow into a big tree someday.
6. Tony would like to be a tourist guide in fifteen years’ time.
B. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear. (根据你听到的对话和问题，选出最恰当的答案)
7. W: Oh, David. Have you found the key to your bike yet?
M: Yes, I looked for it almost everywhere in the desk, the playground, the pocket of my trousers and at last I found it in my schoolbag.
Q: Where did David find his key?
8. W: I hear that you will go and visit America soon, won’t you?
M: Just on business. It is my first time to go there.
Q: Why will the man go to America?
9. W: What a heavy rain! I hope it will be sunny tomorrow. I’m going to have a picnic with my friends.
M: I think you’ll have to stay at home. The weather forecast says the weather tomorrow will be the same as today.
Q: What will the weather be like tomorrow?
10. W: Have you paid the water bill?
M: Yes. This month, I used 20 litres of water and each litre costs 3.5 yuan.
W: It is a large sum. Remember to save water.
Q: How much did the man pay for the water this month?
11. W: I’m feeling much better now, doctor. Can I go to school tomorrow?
M: You must have a good rest at home for at least three days.
W: Must I keep taking the medicine?
M: I’m afraid you must, but you may take it twice a day now instead of three times a day.
Q: How many times a day did the girl take the medicine before?
12. W: Hi, Mike, have kids finished their homework?
M: Yes, they have. They’ve already gone to bed. When will you come back home?
W: In about half an hour, I am on the bus now.
Q: What’s the probable relationship between the two speakers?
13. W: What do you think of your new deskmate?
M: She is a nice girl, but she is too shy. She seldom talks to me.
W: Maybe she is new in your class, but she will join you soon.
M: I hope so.
Q: How does the boy like his new deskmate?
14. W: Gary, the radio doesn’t work. What’s up?
M: I will go and buy some batteries. It will be all right soon.
Q: What does Gary mean?
C. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false.(判断下列句子是否符合你听到的短文内容，符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示)
Last summer I went through a training program and worked as a volunteer teaching people how to read. My first student Mary was a 44-year-old single mother of three children. In the first lesson, I found out she walked two miles to the nearest supermarket twice a week because she didn’t know which bus to take. When I told her I would give her a bus schedule, she told me it would not help because she could not read it. Since she did not know words, she could not write out a shopping list. Instead, she only recognized items by sight. During the training, I tried to help learn how to build her confidence, which encouraged her to continue in her studies. She began to make great progress and was even able to take the bus to the supermarket. After this successful trip, she told me how self-confident she felt. At the end of the program, she began helping her youngest son with his reading. She sat with him before he went to bed and read bedtime stories. When his eyes became wide with excitement as she read, pride was written all over her face. As she described this experience, I was proud of myself as well. I found that helping Mary to build her self-confidence was very rewarding. I learned a great deal about teaching and helping others and I may have learned more from the experience than Mary did.
D. Listen to the passage and complete the following sentences. (听短文，完成下列内容。每空格限填一词)
Hello, everyone. Welcome to Alpha High for the exchange program. Here you can take part in some school activities. Now I want to tell you something about the clubs in our school.
Let’s begin with our reading club. It started in 2010 and it has about 90 members now. Every Thursday afternoon, the members gather together to share their opinions on books. If you are a bookworm, the reading club is right waiting for you!
If you are a music lover, come to our music club. This club has a total of 85 members who usually meet on Saturday. Sometimes they go to the concerts together and sometimes they put on performances themselves.
For those who enjoy outdoor sports, the bicycle club can be a good choice. Trips and bicycle races are usually organized on Wednesday and last at least two hours. Together with 50 cyclists, you can not only see the beautiful nature, but also make yourself stronger.
The last club I would like to introduce is the environment protection club. The club was set up in 2008 and the aim of the club is to make our life greener. So every member of this club is supposed to take some action to protect our environment. In the club, you can plant trees on the farm not far from our school. It will tell you how to recycle the things around you, such as paper, water bottles, beer cans and so on.
Part 1 Listening
I. A. 1. C 2. G 3. H 4. A 5. F 6. B
B. 7. A 8. D 9. A 10. C 11. C 12. B 13. B 14. D
C. 15. F 16. F 17. T 18. F 19. T 20.T
D. 21. in 2010 22. put on 23. on Wednesday 24. life greener 25. plant trees
Part 2 Phonetics, Grammar and Vocabulary
(共50分，26 - 61每小题1分)
Ⅱ. 26. B 27. A 28. A 29. B 30. B 31. A 32. C 33. C 34. D 35. D
36.C 37. D 38. A 39. A 40. D 41. B 42. C 43. C 44. D 45. B
Ⅲ. 46. D 47. A 48. E 49. C 50. E 51. A 52. C 53. B
Ⅳ. 54. cooks 55. himself 56. forties 57. flight 58. heat 59. widely 60. thankful 61. discover
V. 62. Neither, nor 63. How can 64. didn’t it 65. would rather 66. what, sends
67. were grown 68. The little boy was excited when his team won the match.
(共14分, 每小题 2分。62和63题首字母没有大写，错一个不扣分。)
Part 3 Reading and Writing
Ⅵ. (共50分，88题占1分，93 题3分，其余每小题2分)
A. 69. C 70. C 71. C 72. B 73. A 74. D
B. 75. B 76. C 77. D 78. A 79. D 80. B
C. 81.planning/preparing 82. abroad 83.remember/reach/recall 84. mistakes 85.less 86. after 87. listed
88. (For) the port of Genoa in Italy.
89. (He was) a good (famous) captain (sailor) and a religious man.
90.Worried and surprised.
91. Because the boat might sink./ The cargo alcohol might explode. / There might be an explosion.
92. it is impossible for us to find the real solution to the mystery of the Mary Celeste./ There is still no solutions. / Nobody knows the answer (solution). / There isn’t an answer (a solution).
93. They might all die./ They might go to another place by boat./ They might be in the sea (on a boat). / …
(any reasonable answer can be accepted)