1. What happened last night?
A. B. C.
2. What type of TV programmes does the woman like best?
A. B. C.
3. Which actress does the man like best?
A. B. C.
4. What will the man see in Beijing?
A. B. C.
5. What does the girl tell Wilson to do?
A. To sing a song. B. To be quiet. C. To clean the bedroom.
6. When will the boy go to Forbidden City?
A. This Friday. B. This Saturday. C. This Sunday.
7. When does the plane leave?
A. At 9:00 a.m. B. At 8:10 a.m. C. At 9:10 a.m.
8. What is the man?
A. A detective. B. A salesman. C. A student.
9. What does Mr. Zhang think of Miss Yang?
A. She can’t walk any further.
B. She walks too fast.
C. She walks very slowly.
10. How many Maths problems has Rose finished?
A. Two. B. Ten. C. Eight.
11. How long has the man had the computer？
A. One day. B. Two days. C. Two weeks.
12. How soon can the computer be repaired？
A. At least two days. B. At least two weeks. C. At least a year.
Time to be built In 1918.
Opening time ● 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. in summer
● 13 – 4:00 p.m. in winter
Things in the museum ● Ancient books on the second floor
● Telephones of 14 on the third floor
● Old 15 on the fourth floor
13. A. 9:00 a.m. B. 9:30 a.m. C. 10:00 a.m.
14. A. all kinds B. different times C. different sizes
15. A. watches B. pictures C. bikes
16. How will most thieves save themselves when they are in trouble?
A. Running away B. Killing people C. Making up stories
17. What was the man trying to take away?
A. A camera B. A necklace C. A gold ring
18. At first, what did the owner do when he caught the thief?
A. He called the police.
B. He threw him out of the shop.
C. He killed him.
19. Do you think the thief really wanted to buy the beautiful thing?
A. Yes, because his wife liked it a lot.
B. Yes, but he only wanted a cheaper one.
C. No, he just made an excuse.
20. What do you think the shop owner would feel when the thief asked for something cheaper?
A. He would feel very angry and would like to send him to the police station.
B. He would feel sorry and went to get a cheaper one for him.
C. He would feel worried because he didn’t have anything cheaper.
21. When I carry ▲ umbrella in ▲ fine weather, they’ll laugh at me and say I’m stupid.
A. an ; such B. an ; so C. a ; such D. a ; so
22. ▲ human beings ▲ animals can live without air.
A. Both ; and B. Either ; or C. Not only ; but also D. Neither ; nor
23. I don’t know ▲ they could pass the exam or not.
A. why B. when C. whether D. that
24. The football match between England and America will be covered ▲ tonight.
A. live B. alive C. living D. lively
25. The famous writer wrote a novel ▲ this piece of news.
A. to base B. to base on C. based on D. was based on
26. Li Yang was last seen ▲ his office at 7 yesterday evening.
A. left B. leaving C. to leave D. leave
27. Yesterday, the thieves ▲ his house and took away a lot of money.
A. broke B. broke down C. broke out D. broke into
28. The detective is making notes ▲ the four suspects.
A. on B. to C. in D. for
29. The police offered a reward ▲ ￥1,000,000 ▲ useful information.
A. of ; of B. for ; for C. for ; of D. of ; for
30. Those who want to say something more ▲ your hands and ▲ to speak.
A. rise ; rise B. raise ; raise C. rise ; raise D. raise ; rise
31. My mother finds ▲ great fun to learn to drive a car.
A. it B. this C. that D. what
32. The teacher told us that the moon ▲ around the earth.
A. moved B. moves C. was moving D. had moved
33. At last he had no choice but ▲ the job.
A. take B. to take C. taking D. took
34. You are unlucky to miss the ▲ match. It was so exciting!
A. two hours B. two hour C. two-hours D. two-hour
35. —I don’t like horror films. They’re terrible. What about you?
— ▲ . They seem to be full of mysteries, but in fact, they’re quite stupid.
A. Neither do I B. Either do I C. So do I D. So don’t I
In learning English, one should first pay attention to listening and speaking. It is the groundwork (基础) of reading and writing. You’d better 36 your best to speak while you do much listening. Don’t be 37 of making mistakes. But be careful not to let them stop you from improving your 38 . While you are doing this, a good 39 is to write—keep a diary, write notes or letters. Then if you can, ask some others to go through 40 you have written and tell you where it is wrong. Many mistakes in your speaking will be 41 found when you write. Through correcting mistakes, you can do better in learning English.
If you are slow in speaking, don’t 42 about it. One of the helpful ways is reading, either aloud or to yourself. The important thing is to choose 43 interesting to read. It mustn’t be too difficult for you. When you are reading 44 this way, don’t stop to 45 the new words if you can guess their meanings when they have nothing to do with the sentences. You can do that at some other time.
36. A. have B. send C. make D. try
37. A. sure B. afraid C. proud D. tired
38. A. English B. Chinese C. Japanese D. French
39. A. start B. idea C. way D. manner
40. A. how B. when C. why D. what
41. A. happily B. easily C. really D. slowly
42. A. talk B. fear C. worry D. hurry
43. A. something B. everything C. anything D. nothing
44. A. by B. on C. at D. in
45. A. look at B. look for C. look up D. look over
Last summer my parents and I went to Yunnan. It left us wonderful memories. If you like a
spring climate (气候), clean air and nice views, then Yunnan is the best place for you!
Day 1 Shanghai--Kunming
Activities: Arrive in Kunming. Hotel check-in.
Meals: No meals
(We flew to Kunming. After our arrival in Kunming, the guide took us to our hotel by bus. Then he showed us around the shopping center for the rest of the day.)
Day 2 Kunming
Activities: Visit Stone Forest, Bird ＆ Flower Market.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
(In the Bird ＆ Flower Market, we saw many kinds of flowers and birds as well as some traditional Chinese arts.)
Day 3 Dali--Lijiang
Activities: Arrive in Lijiang. Visit Lijiang Dayan Ancient City, and its famous Square Street.
Meals: Breakfast, Chinese Lunch
(The Ancient City of Lijiang is known as Dayan Town. It has a long history of over 800 years.)
46. The writer went to Kunming from Shanghai ▲ .
A. by bus B. by plane C. by ship D. by train
47. Where is the Square Street?
A. Beside the Ancient City of Lijiang. B. In the Stone Forest.
C. In Dayan Town. D. In the center of Dali.
48. Which is NOT right according to the passage?
A. The writer spent at least three days in Yunnan last summer.
B. The writer visited Lijiang Dayan Ancient City on the second day.
C. The writer enjoyed himself in Yunnan last summer.
D. The writer didn’t travel from Shanghai to Yunnan alone.
Films in Grand Movie Theatre This Week
(1) HARRY POTTER (Ⅲ)
Director: Alfonso Cuaron
Stars: Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson
Time: From Monday to Wednesday, at 6 p.m.
Ticket Price: ＄4.5 (2) KUNG FU HUSTLE
Chinese Hong Kong Film
Director: Zhou Xingchi
Stars: Zhou Xingchi, Yuan Hua, Liang Xiaolong
Time: From Wednesday to Friday, at 9:00 a.m.
Ticket Price: ＄5
(3) A WORLD WITHOUT THIEVES
Director: Feng Xiaogang
Stars: Liu Dehua, Liu Ruoying, Ge You, Li Bingbing
Time: From Friday to Sunday, at 6:30 p.m.
Ticket Price: ＄6(Half on Sunday for children) (4) TROY
Director: Wolfgang Petersen
Stars: Julian Glover, Brian Cox, Nathan Jones, Adoni Maropis
Time: From Saturday to Sunday, at 9:30 a.m.
Ticket Price: ＄5.5
49. If a man with his child goes to Grand Movie Theatre on Sunday, they will pay ▲ for the film A WORLD WITHOUT THIEVES.
A.﹩12 B.﹩9 C.﹩6 D.﹩5
50. If you are free on Friday morning, you can see the film ▲ in Grand Movie Theatre.
A. KUNG FU HUSTLE B. A WORLD WITHOUT THIEVES
C. TROY D. HARRY POTTER (Ⅲ)
51. From the poster, we know ▲ is a director and actor in the film.
A. Alfonso Cuaron B. Feng Xiaogang
C. Wolfgang Petersen D. Zhou Xingchi
Abraham Lincoln was born in Kentucky in 1809. As a boy, he shared a one-room house with his sister and parents. There was one door, one window and a dirt floor in this house. In 1816, the family moved to Indiana. Lincoln’s mother died soon after they arrived in Indiana.
Lincoln helped his father with hard work on his family’s farm. There were few schools where he lived. With so much work to do at home, there was little time for schooling. He was at school for less than one year and taught himself by reading borrowed books and newspapers.
Lincoln’s family moved to Illinois in 1830. He found a job at a store in the town of New Salem. In 1834, Lincoln won election to the Illinois State Legislature (立法机构). This was the beginning of his political (政治的) career.
Then Lincoln moved to Springfield, the state capital, and began to study law and later became a respected lawyer (律师).
Lincoln made it very clear that he was against slavery (奴隶制度) when he was running for President. However, the southern states supported it. In 1860, Lincoln became President of the United States. After Lincoln’s victory became clear, Southern states decided to break away from the union (联盟). Many people in these states owned slaves. They believed Lincoln was destroying (破坏) their way of life. The states set up their own government. The Civil War broke out in April 1861 and was over in April 1865.
Five days after the Civil War ended, Abraham attended a play at Ford’s Theater in Washington, D.C. During the play, an actor called John Wilkes Booth shot him. Lincoln died the following morning.
52. Why was Lincoln at school for less than one year?
A. He wasn’t interested in school. B. His living condition was very poor.
C. There was no school where he lived. D. He was very clever and needn’t go to school.
53. What does the underlined word “election” in the third paragraph mean?
A. A conversation in which different people disagree.
B. The process (过程) of choosing someone for a particular (特别的) job.
C. A sport in which people try to be more successful than others.
D. Something that is given to someone who is successful in a competition.
54. Which of the following ISN’T the cause of the Civil War?
A. Lincoln was against slavery.
B. The southern states supported slavery.
C. Lincoln became President of the United States.
D. Not everyone in the southern states owned slaves.
55. Which of the following sentences is right?
A. Lincoln’s mother died when they were in Kentucky.
B. Lincoln was once a secretary when he was in Springfield.
C. The Civil War lasted for about four years.
D. Lincoln died as soon as he was shot at the theater.
56. Lao She’s Teahouse is well worth ▲ (read).
57. They were charged with ▲ (rob) the shop.
58. I ▲ (prefer) sweet snacks to vegetables many years ago.
59. His father died ▲ (peace) on May 3, 1998.
60. He told me, “My job is ▲ (introduce) stars to the audience.”
61. You can come to me ▲ [wen'evə(r)] you want somebody to help you.
62. It is a ▲ (浪费) of money to order too much in a restaurant.
63. We go to the bank together for ▲ (安全).
64. Huang Bo is ▲ (认为) as a talented actor.
65. Cut out the pumpkin into different ▲ [ʃeɪp].
Happiness is for everyone. You don’t need to care about those people who have beautiful houses with large gardens and swimming pools or those who have nice cars and a lot of money and so on.
In fact, happiness is always around you if you put your heart into it. When you are in trouble at school, your friends will help you. When you study hard on your lessons, your parents are always taking good care of your life and your health. When you get success, your friends will say congratulations to you. And when you do something good to others, you will feel happy too. All these are your happiness. If you notice a bit of them, you can see that happiness is always around you.
Happiness is not the same as money. It is a feeling of your heart. When you are poor, you can also say you are very happy, because you have something else that can’t be bought with money. So you can’t always say you are poor and you have bad luck. As the saying goes, life is like a revolving (旋转的) door, when it closes, it also opens. If you take every chance you get, you can be a happy and lucky person.
Everyone has happiness. In fact, happiness is always 66 you. When you are in trouble at school, your friends will help you. When you study hard on your lessons, your parents are always 67 after your life and your health well. When you 68 , your friends will say congratulations to you. All these are your happiness.
Happiness is 69 from money. It’s a feeling of your heart. 70 every chance you get, and you’ll have happiness.
A study shows that one million lives might be saved each year if people wash their hands with soap (肥皂) often. It also says that hand-washing with soap could be among the best ways to reduce diseases. Doctors say many diseases can be prevented from spreading by hand-washing, including the common cold, influenza (流行感冒), hepatitis (肝炎), infectious diarrhea (腹泻) and so on.
Doctors say you are easy to catch a cold by touching your nose or eyes after someone nearby has sneezed or coughed. Another reason to catch a disease is to eat food prepared by someone whose hands are not clean.
They also say that hand-washing is especially important before and after preparing food, before eating and after using the toilet, after touching the money and sneezing or coughing. The most helpful way is to wash them together while using soap and warm water. You don’t have to use special soap. Be sure to wash all areas of the hands for about 10 to 15 seconds.
Basic knowledge of hand-washing
Diseases are under 71 People can 72 many diseases from spreading by hand-washing, such as hepatitis, influenza and so on.
The 73 of becoming sick ＊Touch your nose or eyes after someone nearby has sneezed or coughed.
＊Eat food prepared by 74 hands.
When to do hand-washing ＊Before and after preparing food.
＊Before eating and after using the toilet.
＊After touching money and sneezing or coughing.
75 to do hand-washing ＊Wash them together while using soap and warm water.
＊Wash all areas of the hands for about 10-15 seconds.
Many people believe that life has smiled to Yang Mi: at the age of 4, she got her first TV play role; at 16, she became a model f 76 a fashion magazine; at 18, she went to her d 77 college—Beijing Film Academy (北京电影学院). Last year, the 24-year-old actress played the role of Luo Qingchuan in the TV play Palace (《宫》). The play became a big success and made Yang very f 78 .
Could she be any luckier? Yang doesn’t think luck had a 79 to do with her success. “Every chance is gained from the e 80 I’ve made, ” said Yang. People now think she’s very hard-working. She still remembers the time when people gave her the c 81 eyes. Some treated her with little respect. They didn’t want to help her in her time of need. “I have to thank them because they gave me the drive (驱动力) to p 82 myself, ” she said. That’s why she is glad to help o 83 when they are in need. This year, Yang became the ambassador (大使) for the Climate Group. She calls on people to j 84 the Million-Miracle project and plant trees on China’s dry land. Together we’ll f 85 against the bad weather!
今年五月，一部片名为《摔跤吧，爸爸！》(Dangal) 的印度电影在各地热映，引发了观众对父母育儿方式的热议，为此英文报Teens 将在下期开设专栏讨论这一话题。假设你是Alice, 上周随父亲一起观看了此片，请结合观后感受给报社写一封英文信参与讨论。内容提示见下表：
内容概要 ＊ 一个印度父亲和他两个女儿的故事
参考词汇：正能量(positive energy), 世界冠军(world champion)
I went to see the film last week with my father. _______________▲__________________
1. B 2. C 3. A 4. B 5. B
6. C 7. A 8. B 9. C 10 C
11. B 12. B 13. C 14. B 15 A
16. C 17. B 18. A 19. C 20 A
21. A 22. D 23. C 24. A 25. C
26. B 27. D 28. A 29. D 30. D
31. A 32. B 33. B 34. D 35. A
36. D 37. B 38. A 39. C 40. D
41. B 42. C 43. A 44. D 45. C
46. B 47. C 48. B 49. B 50. A
51. D 52. B 53. B 54. D 55. C
56. reading 57 robbing 58. preferred 59. peacefully 60 to introduce
61. whenever 62 waste 63. safety 64. considered 65 shapes
66. around 67. looking 68. succeed 69. different 70. Take
71. control 72. prevent / stop / keep 73. causes / reasons 74. dirty 75. How
76. for 77. dream 78. famous 79. anything 80. efforts
81. cold 82. prove 83. others 84. join 85. fight
I went to see the film last week with my father. It is a film full of positive energy. It tells a story about an Indian father and his two daughters. The father forces them to receive training to realize his own dream to be a world champion. Neither of them is willing to do that at first, but the father is very strict with them. They succeed at last.
Should parents decide their children’s future? I don’t think so. Not all parents know what their children really like to do. It is sad to live a life for others.