Part 1 Listening（第一部分 听力）
Ⅰ . Listening comprehension（听力理解）（共30分）
A. Listen and choose the right picture（根据你听到的内容，选出相应的图片）（6分）
1. _______ 2. _______ 3. _______ 4. _______ 5. _______ 6. _______
B. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear（根据你听到的对话和问题，选出最恰当的答案）（8分）
7. A. Surprised. B. Confused. C. Disappointed. D. Worried.
8. A. By bus. B. By taxi. C. By underground. D. By bike.
9. A. In 1995. B. In 1997. C. In 1998. D. In 2001.
10. A. A cat. B. A bird. C. A rabbit. D. A dog.
11. A. A reporter. B. A policeman. C. A manager. D. A captain.
12. A. Play computer games. B. Chat online.
C. Climb the mountains. D. Go travelling.
13. A. He agrees with Cherry. B. He never does any housework.
C. Everyone should do housework. D. Housework is only for parents.
14. A. The problem was probably caused by a storm.
B. The man’s work can be done without the power.
C. The problem can’t be solved in a very short time.
D. The electric company is now working on the problem.
C. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false（判断下列句子是否符合你听到的内容，符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示）（6分）
15. Judy was happy to receive a letter from her grandma.
16. Judy and her grandma don’t have enough face-to-face communication.
17. Grandma wrote briefly in the letter about her everyday life.
18. Grandma planted flowers in the garden and sometimes played card games with friends.
19. Judy replied to her grandma that she would visit her once a week.
20. Judy has realized she sometimes needs to slow down and enjoy happy moments with family.
D. Listen to the dialogue and complete the following sentences（听对话，完成下列内容，每空格限填一词）（10分）
21. Mrs. Gray wants to ________ ________ Mr. Phillips to the headmaster.
22. She thinks that Mr. Phillips is going ________ ________ with his lessons.
23. Mrs. Gray’s son is worried that his parents are damaging ________ ________.
24. Her son used his own money to buy an energy-saving ________ ________.
25. Mrs. Gray thinks that Mr. Phillips needs to change _________ ________.
Part 2 Phonetics, Vocabulary and Grammar
Ⅱ. Choose the best answer（选择最恰当的答案）（共20分）
26. Which of the following words is pronounced as /ga:d/?
A. garden B. gold C. guide D. guard
27. Which of the following underlined parts is different in pronunciation from others?
A. We have a training program. B. The way you speak is very common.
C. The doctor operated on him immediately. D. I have been in contact with him.
28. I can’t go to _____ sleep without doing a few minutes’ reading.
A. a B. an C. the D. /
29. I was angry ______ myself for making such a stupid mistake.
A. of B. at C. with D. for
30. Last Friday, my aunt gave _____ and my brother two tickets to the rock concert.
A. I B. me C. mine D. myself
31. Some people think the Internet helps friendship, but ____ don’t.
A. other B. another C. the other D. others
32. If you enjoy American stories, you’ll find that quite _____ of them take place on the road.
A. few B. a few C. little D. a little
33. During my stay in Germany, I gained much ______ of local customs and cultures.
A. suggestion B. idea C. knowledge D. message
34. I like hiking at weekends. I have walked 10 miles _____ 6 o’clock.
A. for B. since C. at D. from
35. Tea is _____ drink in the world besides water.
A. popular B. more popular C. most popular D. the most popular
36. Jimmy set out early for the airport, ______ he wouldn’t catch the plane.
A. and B. then C. so D. or
37. The restaurant is very popular ____ it offers a wide variety of delicious food at low prices.
A. although B. because C. before D. until
38. Our road information system should be improved so that we ____ know the road condition ahead of time.
A. must B. should C. can D. could
39. –____ will we know the result of our physical examination?
–In about 2 weeks.
A. How soon B. How often C. How long D. How far
40. Oh, my god. The children _____ an awful mess in the kitchen! I have to clean it.
A. are making B. have made C. will make D. made
41. After his death, the land _____ equally among his sons.
A. divides B. divided C. was divided D. has divided
42. The weather report has warned people _____ outdoor exercise in hazy caught.
A. not do B. to not do C. not to do D. not doing
43. The drunk driver didn’t remember _______ the old lady after being caught.
A. knock down B. to knock down C. knocking down D. knocked down
44. –In my opinion, we should help the old when they are in trouble.
A. Congratulations! B. Yes, please. C. Best wishes! D. I think so, too.
45. –I’ve been waiting for you for ages. What kept you so long, John?
–______, but I have been caught in a traffic jam for nearly an hour.
A. Not at all B. Never mind C. I’m so sorry D. That’s all right
Ⅲ. Complete the following passage with the words or phrases in the box. Each can only be used once.（将下列单词或词组填入空格。每空格限填一词，每词只能填一次）（共8分）
A. chat B. interview C. trained D. operation E. relationship
“Calm down!”said Alex.“Don’t tell me to calm down!”replied Irene.
Husband and wife? Brother and sister? No, Alex was an African gray parrot, and Dr. Irene Pepperberg ___46___ him to talk –he had a vocabulary of about 150 words when he died in 2007. Alex could also count up to six, and identify shapes, colors, and materials. And he had a close ___47___ with Dr. Pepperberg. When she had to leave Alex with the vet for a(n) __48___, he asked her not to go.“Stop!”he screamed.“I love you! Come back!”
Apes are also famous for learning human language. Koko, a gorilla who was taught sign language, has learned more than 1000 signs and can understand about 2000 English words. She also makes up words. She has even had an Internet“___49___”! But one of the most famous animal“language learners”is Kanzi, a chimpanzee, who communicates by touching symbols on a computer.
A. accurately B. bring back C. relaxing D. turn off E. correctly
Kanzi has a vocabulary of over 3000 words, and he responds to a large number of spoken commands and questions. In one test, the researcher, Dr. Savage-Rumbaugh asked him to wash a potato, and then she told him to ___50___ the water. She asked him to get a ball, and told him to take a red ball into the office. She told him to put a tomato and a key in the fridge. Kanzi responded ___51___ to 74 percent of 660 requests and instructions.
Kanzi clearly a remarkable chimp. Once, Dr. Savage-Rumbaugh’s keys were stolen by another chimp. She asked Kanzi to get them back. Kanzi went to talk to the guilty chimp to ___52___ the stolen keys. And when he’s ___53___, Kanzi likes watching TV—Tarzon is one of his favourite movies.
Ⅳ. Complete the sentences with the given words in their proper forms（用括号中所给单词的适当形式完成下列句子，每空格限填一词）（共8分）
54. It’s not good to make _______ for being late for school.（excuse）
55. ________ Avenue is a good place for window shopping.（five）
56. The comic book was so exciting that they all lost _________ in it.（they）
57. We have full ________ that we shall succeed.（confident）
58. There wasn’t enough evidence to ________ him guilty.（proof）
59. It was the most _________ experience of my life. Oh, what an awful day!（frighten）
60. Sometimes life is very ________, but we must continue.（helpful）
61. Whenever we have trouble with our studies, our teachers help us ________.（patient）
Ⅴ. Rewrite the following sentences as required（根据所给要求，改写下列句子。第62-67题空格限填一词，第68题注意句首大写）（共14分）
62. You have never seen such a beautiful sunset.（改为一般疑问句）
________ you ________ seen such a beautiful sunset?
63. The first computers were built in the 1940s.（对划线部分提问）
________ ________ the first computers built?
64. It is uncertain. Will coffee cause problems with memory?（合并为一句）
It is uncertain ________ coffee ________ cause problems with memory or not.
65. Shelley was so lucky that she won a free trip to Singapore.（改为简单句）
Shelley was lucky ________ to _______ a free trip to Singapore.
66. Big flood often affects a great many people.（改为被动语态）
A great many people ________ often ________ by big flood.
67. I won’t go to the party if I’m not invited.（同意句型转换）
I won’t go to the party _________ ________ invited.
68. more chances, offers, working in pairs, from each other, the students, to, learn English（连词成句）
Part 3 Reading and Writing（第三部分 读写）
Ⅵ. Reading comprehension（阅读理解）（共50分）
A. Choose the best answer（根据短文内容，选择最恰当的答案）（12分）
Spiderman saves the day
A comic book fan dressed as Spiderman became a real superhero on Saturday. He tackled a thief who was trying to steal an expensive comic book.
Michael Wong, 24, was wearing a Spiderman costume to attend the annual Asian Festival of Comics at the Sunny Sports Club. He saw the man putting the $350 comic book into his sports bag.
‘There were about 50 people at the festival wearing superhero costumes that day,’said Maddie Tam, the festival organizer.‘We enjoy seeing people dressed up as their favourite characters while they shop for comics. However, we didn’t expect to see any of them actually stop a crime.’
The thief did not have a chance to escape. While Spiderman took hold of his sweatshirt, several Star Wars characters blocked the exit. After a short struggle, the embarrassed robber gave the book back.
‘At first, I thought it was part of the festival,’said Sharon Luk, a rock climbing instructor dressed as Wonder Woman.‘Reading comics is fun but watching superheroes in action is even better.’
‘We were rather surprised when we arrived,’said Police Constable Albert Mak.‘It can be easily seen that Spiderman hates to let criminals get away. Maybe he’ll be interested in joining the police.’
‘Crime-fighting is easy for Spiderman,’Mr Wong said, laughing.‘The poor man was a bit unlucky as I teach judo（柔道）lessons here at the club.’
69. According to the report, Mr Wong went to the Sunny Sports Club to ______.
A. catch a thief B. teach judo C. attend a festival D. steal a comic book
70. In Line 1, the word‘tackled’is closest in meaning to _______.
A. stopped B. reported C. argued with D. cared for
71. The thief _____.
A. escaped at last B. fought with Mr Wong
C. kept the comic book D. wore a Spiderman costume
72. Sharon Luk felt _____ about what she saw.
A. angry B. unhappy C. excited D. perfect
73. Which of the following is NOT true about the man who caught the thief?
A. superhero B. organizer C. club member D. judo coach（教练）
74. The article probably appears in a(n) ______.
A. newspaper B. advertisement C. comic strip D. science magazine
B. Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage（选择最恰当的单词或词语完成短文）（12分）
The traditional baths of Turkey（土耳其）
Hamams, or bath houses, are a traditional part of Turkish culture. They represent an important piece of Turkey’s long history and serve as a window into the past. However, these bath houses are quickly ___75___ because of the changing habits of the Turkish people.
Hamams hold a strong place in the history of Turkey and many data back hundreds of years. Traditionally, all kinds of people went to hamams because Islam has strict laws for cleanliness. Believers must wash themselves ___76___, especially before their daily prayers（祷告）. As most people in Turkey didn’t have running water in their homes, the Hamam was the perfect place to get clean, relax, and catch up with friends.
Today, however, the tradition of going to the hamam is dying out for many young people. Now almost everyone has running water in their bathrooms, so they prefer to bathe at home. ___77___, Turkish people are not going to hamams as often as they used to. These days, instead of relying on locals, many hamams are trying to attract foreign tourists.
A typical ___78___ at a hamam can last well over an hour. Visitors will be welcomed into entrance hall. There they will be able to relax with friends and chat over a cup of tea. They will also be able to change into the Turkish towel, which wraps around the waist like a skirt. When ready, visitors will head into the hot room. There they will lie on the hot floor and be scrubbed clean and massaged by one of the in-house masseurs or masseuses. Men and women always bathe separately（分开地），but their experiences are very ___79___.
Although many hamams are in danger of closing, they will always remain a part of Turkish culture. An experience in one of Istanbul’s famous bath houses should not be ___80___ on any visit to Turkey. It will certainly leave you refreshed, relaxed, and squeaky clean for your next adventure.
75. A. developing B. disappearing C. setting up D. falling down
76. A. together B. again C. regularly D. immediately
77. A. In brief B. What’s more C. For the time being D. As a result
78. A. process B. program C. case D. conclusion
79. A. familiar B. similar C. dramatic D. essential
80. A. missed B. gained C. shared D. described
C. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words（在短文的空格内填入适当的词，使其内容通顺，每空格限填一词，首字母已给）（14分）
---THANKS TO CELL PHONE
Two teenagers capsized（倾覆）in the ocean off the east coast of the U.S. and called the west
Coast on a cell phone to ask for help.
Brother and sister Ray and Susan Rivera were on a sailing vacation near Newport, Rhode Island. But because of huge w___81____ of the sea, their boat capsized, and they were thrown into the ocean.
Ray, 17, and Susan, 16, spent 30 minutes trying to right the capsized boat, but without success. They couldn’t get back into the boat, and they couldn’t a___82___ the attention of passing ships. After they had been in the water for about 40 minutes, the situation was getting s___83___, and they felt very cold. Then Susan remembered her cell phone in its watertight container in her pocket, and reached for it.
But she didn’t think of dialing 911, the emergency number. I ___84___, she called their father, who was 2500 miles away in Scattle, Washington on a business trip. Susan explained:“I thought it would be q___85___ to call someone I knew and tell them our position. I dialed Dad’s number and he contacted the Coast Guard.”
About ten minutes later, after they had held on to the boat for nearly an hour, they heard a helicopter. Next, everything happened very fast, and Ray and Susan were picked up and carried to s___86___.
Afterward. The Coast Guard said that the teenagers were lucky to be alive and very, very lucky that the cell phone had worked.“Anyone in trouble should contact the Coast Guard d___87___ by calling 911.”he added.
D. Answer the questions（根据短文内容回答下列问题）（12分）
Tigers as Pets
Having a pet tiger would be great, wouldn’t it? It seems that many people agree, at least in the United States. The US Association of Zoos and Aquariums says that there are 12,000 privately owned pet tigers in the U.S.A.
12,000 is a very large number of tigers. It is much more than the number of tigers living in the wild. Scientists think that there are only 2,000 or 3,000 wild tigers left. Why are there so many pet tigers? One reason is that the price of a baby tiger is quite low, sometimes just 500 dollars.
Unfortunately, tigers don’t make very good pets. Caring for a big cat is very expensive, difficult and dangerous. As baby tigers, they may live inside with their owner, play safely and look very cute. However, when they grow up they cannot be trusted. They still want to attack and bite like a wild tiger. According to big cat trainers, only 1 in 8 big cats can be trained sufficiently to have contact with humans. That’s after training by a professional! For this reason, nearly all pet tigers llive in a cage.
Because they must always live in a cage, the life of a pet tiger is sometimes unhappy. They must be locked away so their owner can clean the cage and feed them. It is not safe to touch the tiger. Pet tigers are most often kept for show rather than for companionship（陪伴）. Is that the kind of pet you would want?
88. There are more pet tigers than wild tigers in the U.S.A, aren’t there?
89. How many wild tigers are there in the U.S.A?
90. What might be the reason that there are so many pet tigers?
91. If you have a pet tiger, what should you do to stay safe?
92. Why do most people keep pet tigers?
93. Would you like to keep a pet tiger? Why or why not?（Give at least 2 reasons.）
94. In 60-100 words, write a story based on the pictures below.（展开合理想象，看图写一篇60-100个词的有趣的短文故事，标点符号不占格）
The following words and phrases are for reference only.（以下单词和短语仅供参考）
hours of studying take a break a pair of skates
26. D 27. A 28. D 29. C 30. B
31. D 32. B 33. C 34. B 35. D
36. D 37. B 38. C 39. A 40. B
41. C 42. C 43. C 44. D 45. C
46. C 47. E 48. D 49. A
50. D 51. A 52. B 53. C
54. excuses 55. Fifth 56. themselves 57. confidence 58. prove 59. frightening 60. helpless 61. patiently
62. Have, ever 63. When, were 64. whether, will 65. enough ,win 66.are affected 67. unless I’m
68. Working in pairs offers the students more chances to learn English from each other.
69. C 70. A 71. B 72. C 73. B 74. A
75. B 76. C 77. D 78. A 79. B 80. A
81. waves 82. attract 83. serious 84. Instead 85. quick 86. shore /seaside87.directly
88. Yes, there are.
89. There are only 2,000 or 3,000 wild animals left.
90. That the price of a baby tiger is quite low, sometimes just 500 dollars.
91. I should keep the pet tiger in the cage.
92. Because they often kept the pet tigers for show
93. Any reason is ok.