Unit 4 I used to be afraid of the dark
Section A (1a—2d)
1. Don't be s . Read the text aloud.
2. The teacher told us some ways to get good s on the exams.
3. Reading is very h . It gives me knowledge and confidence.
4. Our English teacher is very h and he often makes us laugh.
5. Gina is a shy girl. Her face always t red when she talks to strangers.
Robert ________ ________ ________ painting when he was young.
Mr. Black is short-sighted but he doesn't ________ ________.
—What are the rules at your school?
—We can't eat in class and can't ________ ________ ________.
My grandparents exercise in the park ________ ________ ________ ________.
It ________ ________ several years ________ Mario gave up smoking.
1. —Did Kevin use to play football after class? (作肯定回答)
—________, ________ ________.
2. Dad used to watch TV after dinner. (改为否定句)
Dad ________ ________ ________ watch TV after dinner.
3. Marcus used to help his mom do housework. (对划线部分提问)
________ ________ Marcus ________ to do?
4. His parents are very tall. (对划线部分提问)
________ ________ his parents ________?
5. Victor is so strong that he can move the heavy table. (改为同义句)
Victor is ________ ________ ________ ________ the heavy table.
A: Sarah, did you see Leo at the party?
B: Yes. (1) ________ But now he looks very serious.
A: Was he on the basketball team in junior high school? I don't remember.
B: (2) ________
A: Really? How great he is!
B: I agree. (3) ________ She used to be the most popular girl in our school.
A: (4) ________ Does she still look the same?
B: Yes, except for her hair. (5) ________
A: Wow ... In fact, people sure change.
A. She doesn't have long brown hair anymore.
B. What does she look like now?
C. I also saw my deskmate Rose at the party.
D. Yes, and now he is on the city basketball team.
E. He used to be so wild!
Ⅰ. 1. silent 2. scores 3. helpful 4. humorous 5. turns
Ⅱ. 1. was interested in 2. wear glasses 3. have curly hair 4. from time to time
5. has been; since
Ⅲ. 1. Yes; he did 2. didn't use to 3. What did; use 4. What are; like
5. strong enough to move
Ⅳ. 1-5 EDCBA