Unit 3 Could you please tell me where the restrooms are
Section A (3a—Grammar Focus)
1. The brain is the ________(center) part of the human body.
2. Grace picked ________(grape) on her uncle's farm last weekend.
3. The young man took his friend to a very nice ________(Italian) restaurant.
4. It was a sunny afternoon, so I suggested ________(go) to the beach.
5. The hotel ________(staff) tried their best to make sure that our stay would be as enjoyable as possible.
6. Dave ________(mail) the gifts yesterday. He wanted his children to receive them before Christmas.
1. ________ ________(快点儿)! We don't have much time.
2. Carol didn't find the post office's gate ________ ________(最初).
3. ________ ________(劳驾), do you know where the bank is?
4. ________ ________(朝东走) along the road, and you will get to the zoo.
5. Andy's sister is a member of the ________ ________(摇滚乐队).
6. The lady told the girl to ________ ________ ________ ________(抓着她爸爸的手).
7. Larry lost his mobile phone ________ ________ ________ ________(在他去……的路上) the museum.
8. Ken ________ ________(路过) your house last night when he drove home.
Look! A young woman is standing near a road in the city center. She is reading a book while a noisy queue (长队) of traffic is driving slowly along the road. (1)_________________________(你知道她是谁吗？) Do you know how long she has been standing there? (2)_________________________(你知道她为什么在这样一个地方读书吗？)
She is Quyang Junying. She came to Beijing in 1995 to look for work. She has a number of different jobs. She has also been studying English for about ten years. (3)_________________________(她希望她能得到一份好点的工作。)
There are lots of people in the city parks, doing everything from tai chi to ballroom dancing. (4)_________________________(但是这位年轻女子说过她不喜欢公园。) She said that if she studied in a park, people always watched her and she didn't feel comfortable.
Recently she found a new job. She is helping an architect (建筑师) with his work. (5)_________________________(你能猜出来她在干什么吗？) Teaching him English, of course!
Ⅰ. 1. central 2. grapes 3. Italian 4. going 5. staff 6. mailed
Ⅱ. 1. Come on / Hurry up 2. at first 3. Excuse me 4. Go east
5. rock band 6. hold her father's hand(s) 7. on his way to 8. passed by
Ⅲ. 1. Do you know who she is?
2. Do you know why she is reading in such a place?
3. She hopes (that) she can get a better job.
4. But the young woman said (that) she didn't like parks.
5. Can you guess what she is doing?