Unit 7 Teenagers should be allowed to choose their own clothes
flash, part-time, pierce, safe, earring, license, smoke
1. You're not allowed to ______ in public places.
2. The woman always wears a(n) ______ on her left ear.
3. Can you drive a car? Please show me your driver's ______.
4. It's quite dark here, so I'll have to use a(n) ______.
5. Students shouldn't be allowed to ______ their ears and noses.
6. Many students in this country do ______ jobs to make money after school.
7. My parents don't allow me to go out alone at night. They worry about my ______.
1. The cause of the accident is that the driver wasn't ______ ______(足够小心).
2. Mr. Steen is going to ______ ______ ______(理发) this afternoon.
3. Sandy had fun there and ______ ______ ______ ______(拍了许多照片).
4. A foreign teacher will teach us next term. We ______ ______ ______(对……很兴奋) the news.
5. —May I use your phone, Sara?
—______ ______(不行)! Last time you talked to your friend for two hours!
6. —Can you finish so much work by tomorrow?
—Of course. If necessary, I'll ______ ______ ______(在夜间工作).
A: You are using your mobile phone again while crossing the street. (1)______
B: No. What happened?
A: A girl was knocked down by a car because she was using her mobile phone.
A: As we all know, mobile phones make it easier for us to communicate with others. (3)______
B: You're quite right. I won't do it again. (4)______
A: We shouldn't use them when we are driving. And we shouldn't talk on them for too long.
A: No, we can't. Using mobile phones isn't allowed on the plane.
B: Oh, I see.
A. Really? That's terrible!
B. Wherever you are, you see people use them.
C. Didn't you watch the news?
D. What else should we stop doing?
E. Can we use them while we are on the plane?
F. But at the same time, they can be very dangerous.
G. Are teenagers too young to own mobile phones?
Section A (1a—2d)
Ⅰ. 1. smoke 2. earring 3. license 4. flash 5. pierce
6. part-time 7. safety
Ⅱ. 1. careful enough 2. cut his hair
3. took lots of photos 4. are excited about
5. No way 6. work at night
Ⅲ. 1-5 CAFDE