九 年 级 英 语 试 卷
1. Who is Simon's favourite singer?
A. B. C.
2. What will male wolves do if there is danger?
A. B. C.
3. Where will they probably go?
A. B. C.
4. What was the victim wounded with?
A. B. C.
5. Where will the jazz music show be held?
A. On the playground. B. In the school dining hall. C. At the school hall.
6. What does the man think of TV ads?
A. They are boring. B. They are interesting. C. They are creative.
7. Why don’t Daniel like horror films?
A. They are full of mystery. B. They are quite boring. C. They can make us relaxed.
8. What does Sandy want to do in the future?
A. An actress. B. A doctor. C. A director.
9. Who does the boy think is the murderer?
A. Sandy. B. Jimmy. C. Frank Johnson.
10. What colour are the woman's shoes?
A. Red. B. Black. C. White.
11. According to the dialogue, what can’t we learn from a documentary?
A. Nature. B. History. C. Future.
12. When will the chat show begin this evening?
A. At 7:40 p.m. B. At 8:00 p.m. C. At 8:20 p.m.
13. A. friend B. policeman C. neighbour
14. A. information B. material C. jewellery
15. A. happy B. guilty C. surprised
16. What was Hepburn before she became an actress?
A. She was a singer. B. She was a dancer. C. She was a model.
17. How long did Hepburn’s successful career last?
A. For 14 years. B. For 40 years. C. For 44 years.
18. Why did the French writer choose Hepburn to play Gigi?
A. Because Hepburn’s beauty and charm caught her attention.
B. Because she had watched Hepburn’s films before.
C. Because she wanted to find a Hollywood actress to play this role.
19. How many Oscar nominations did Hepburn have during her lifetime?
A. Four. B. Five. C. Six.
20. In which film did Hepburn make her final appearance?
A. Roman Holiday. B. Always. C. Gigi.
21. ____ one-hour documentary takes ____ close look at the life of giant pandas in Wolong.
A. An, a B. The, a C. The, / D. A, the
22. I don’t mind _______ scared, so I’ve made up my mind ______ the horror film.
A. feeling, to watch B. feeling, watching C. to feel, to watch D.to feel, watching
23. There are always ____interesting stories in the series that ___ many people watch them.
A. so, so B. such, such C. such, so D. so, such
24. Oh, my god! Our house last night. Look at the footprints on the floor.
A. broke into B. was breaking into C. broken into D. was broken into
25. — I don’t like watching documentaries because they are boring. — _______ do I.
A. So B. Either C. Also D. Nor
26. Not only my friend but also I ______ interested in action films. We often see films together.
A. be B. am C. is D. are
27. you practise your English every day, you won’t make any progress on it.
A. Although B. Unless C. If D. Since
28. The murder happened _______ between nine and eleven last night.
A. sometime B. sometimes C. some time D. some times
29. I was listening to the music while _________ my homework yesterday evening.
A. to do B. doing C. did D. is doing
30. The boy _____ his hand and asked if the sun ______ in the east every day.
A. rose, rises B. raised, raised C. raised, rises D. rises, raised
31. --- How was the talk this morning?
---It’s just a waste of time. There is ________ nothing worth listening to.
A. hardly B. almost C. mainly D. already
32. Jenny is on holiday now. I wonder_________________ .
A. when she came back B. when she will come back
C. when did she come back D. when will she come back
33. I often mistake Alice _______ Lily because they are twins and look the same.
A. for B. with C. of D. on
34. In the film Murder in a Country House, a doctor is found _______in the house, so the film is _________horror and mysteries.
A. dying, fill of B. dead; full of C. dead; full with D. die; filled with
35.---Could you look after my daughter for me while I’m away? ---___________.
A. Yes, here you are B. With pleasure C. Yes, please D. You’re welcome
When we are unfamiliar with something, we may feel nervous and scared. The help of others is a good 36 to help us pull through.
I write for a big newspaper, and I wanted to 37 a story about parachute jumping(跳伞). To make it a realistic as well as exciting 38 , I decided that I had to make a jump myself _ 39 . Unluckily, I’m not good at any 40 , let alone(更不用说) parachute jumping.
My friend Mr. Smith was willing to give me a 41 . He took me to a ground school. The first day’s 42 included several hours of instruction but not my first drop from an airplane. For this, I had to wait until the following morning .
The next morning, I was taken to the airfield. 43 , a heavy parachute was put on my back. Then I was asked to make my way to a small plane which had just stopped slowly on the runway. Once on board, the plane was soon 44 . I began to feel nervous. As we reached one thousand meters, Harry, my teacher, hooked(钩)a line from my parachute to a steel(钢的) ring inside the plane. The line was to pull my parachute 45 after I jumped.
“Get 46 , Henry,” Harry said. I moved carefully to the door. I wanted to 47 , “No, no, no!” But no word came.
“Jump!” Harry called 48 . “Jump!”
Away from the plane, and down, down I fell, arms stretched(伸直). It worked. All at once I was very happy. Then I felt a quick 49 . My big parachute had opened! It was the best 50 I ever had. I looked down. There were rivers, trees, fields and houses. I heard the soft sound of the air. This was fun.
36. A. way B. chance C. idea D. value
37. A. tell B. write C. read D. copy
38. A. film B. poem C. story D. program
39. A. secretly B. instead C. finally D. first
40. A. sport B. driving C. lesson D. drawing
41. A. try B. hand C. gift D. suggestion
42. A. jumping B. journey C. training D. entertainment
43. A. Besides B. Once C. There D. However
44. A. slowing B. climbing C. landing D. filling
45. A. light B. broken C. fixed D. open
46. A. ready B. up C. on D. away
47. A. cry B. rest C. laugh D. lie
48. A. softly B. loudly C. nervously D. excitedly
49. A. comfort B. wind C. pull D. push
50. A. failure B. experience C. competition D. danger
Live Music---Late Night Jazz
Enjoy real American jazz from Herbie Davis, the famous trumpet(号手). He is known to play well into the early hours, so don’t want to get much sleep.
PLACE: The Jazz Club DATES: 15---23 June
PRICE: ￥100-150 TIME: 10 p.m. till late! TEL: 4668736
Scottish dancing is nice and easy to learn. The wonderful dance from England will be given.
PLACE: Jack Stein’s DATES: 10-20 May
PRICE: ￥150 TIME: 7-10 p.m. TEL: 4021877
There are 12,000 pieces on show here. You can see the whole of Chinese history.
PLACE: Anhui Museum DATES: 1Mar-30 Jun
PRICE: ￥130 TIME: Mon-Fri 9a.m-5p.m. Saturday 9a.m.-9p.m.
Your pen friend is coming from Australia to your city for a holiday. You send him this E-mail to tell him something about the hotels.
Dates Prices(a night)
TEL: 4686788 E-mail: Li Hong@163.com.
51. If you want to watch dancing, you can call______.
A. 4668736 B. 4021877 C. 4886888 D. 4686788
52.You can’t see the whole of Chinese history at____ in April in Anhui Museum.
A. 3p.m. on Sunday B. 11:30a.m. from Monday to Friday
C. 10a.m. on Saturday D. 4p.m. on Thursday
53. You can enjoy ______ at Jack Stein’s.
A. American Jazz B. Scottish dancing
C. 12,000 pieces on show D. yourself all night
54. Sun Hotel and Rose Hotel are open for______ months of the year.
A. twelve B. ten C. eleven D. nine
55. You have ￥148, and you can ______ in May.
A. watch Scottish dancing B. go to Anhui Museum
C. listen to Jazz D. stay in Sun Hotel for a night
Parents and teachers worry about games having a bad effect on students, and, a large number of reports have been written about games leading to addiction(上瘾) and violent action. One who is addicted to games of violence might think fighting or even killing is not a very serious thing.
But not everything about gaming is bad. For some, games are a good way to learn as well. Many games are based on history, city or planning. Such games can teach students valuable lessons of life in some ways. Some games can improve players' memory skills by asking them to perform memory exercises throughout the game in order to reach the next level. Computer games are known to improve hand-eye coordination（协调）and help players develop problem solving. Most games encourage players to meet more difficult challenges.
Computer games have both good and bad effects. Playing games itself is not a problem, but students need to know about how much time to spend playing games and what kind of games to play. Gaming is like any other activity in life——eating too many hamburgers or too much pizza is harmful too.
56. The underlined word "violent" means "_______" in Chinese.
A. 怪异的 B. 懒惰的 C. 暴力的 D. 攀比的
57. Which is NOT, mentioned(提到) about playing computer games?
A. It costs a lot of money. B. It may have a bad effect on children.
C. It can lead to violent action. D. It can cause addiction.
58. It is also a good way _______ by playing computer games.
A. to get along with others B. to learn some valuable life lessons
C. to respect parents D. to communicate in English
59. Some games can improve players' _______ skill.
A. reading B. operating C. cooking D. memorizing
60. At the end of the passage, the sentence "eating too many hamburgers or too much pizza is harmful too" implies(暗示) that _______.
A students should spend more time playing computer games
B. students should stop playing computer games
C. students should play computer games with their parents together
D. students should spend proper time and choose good ones when playing computer games
Holmes said, “Somebody sent a letter with five pips (桔核) in it from India, and arrived seven weeks later to kill John’s uncle. Then they sent five pips from Scotland and arrived three days later to kill John’s father. Now they have sent five pips to John from London!”
“The letters are all from sea ports. The writer was on a ship when he wrote the letters,” I replied.
“Very good, Watson! And John’s enemy is in London already!”
“Well, I hope they won’t kill young John,” I said.
But they did. The next morning, we read in the newspaper that a policeman found him die near Waterloo station. Holmes was very angry about it.
“He came to me for help and those men murdered him! I’m going to find them, if it’s the last thing I do!” he said to me, and he hurried out of the house.
At night, when he came back, he was tired, but pleased, he said, “I know the names of John’s enemies! And now I’m going to send them a surprise! This will frighten them!” He took five pips from an orange and put them in an envelope (信封). On it he wrote “S. H. for J. C.”
“I’m sending the pips to captain James Calhoun. His ship is called the Star. He and his men are sailing back to Georgia, USA.”
“How did you find him, Holmes?” I asked.
“Ship’s papers,” he said, “I’ve looked at hundreds of them today. Only one ship, the Star, was in the three ports at the right times, this morning the Star left London to sail back to Georgia. I found out that the captain and two of his men, all Americans, weren’t on the ship last night, so I’m sure they killed John. When they arrive in America, they’ll get the pips and then the police will catch them!”
61. Holmes was ________ about John’s death.
A. curious B. angry C. crazy D. worried
62. The Star left London for ________.
A. Canada B. Australia C. India D. America
63. Who do you think the underlined letters “J. C.” stand for?
A. James Calhoun B. James Columbus C. John Calhoun D.John Columbus
64. Which order is correct according to the story?
① John came to Holmes for help. ② John received a letter with five pips.
③ John was killed. ④ Holmes sent five pips to J. C.
A. ③①④② B. ③④①② C. ④①③② D. ②①③④
65. This story may be taken from .
A. a science fiction B. a history book C. a detective novel D. a travel guide
第II卷 非选择题 (60分)
Mayme Clayton collected books, magazines and letters
written by African Americans. Her son, Avery Clayton,
thought her collection was important. Unlike most books,
these were rare and hard to find. They were written
by writers who helped shape African American culture.
One book in the collection was written by Phillis Wheatley. Wheatley was a slave who wrote poetry. She was the first African American to publish a book. Wheatley herself signed (签名) the book in the Claytons’ collection. No one else owns a copy signed by Phillis Wheatley.
By the time she passed away at age 83, Mrs. Clayton had more than 30,000 books by or about black people. Her collection also includes papers about slaves, photographs, movies, sheet music, and personal letters by black leaders and artists. It is one of the biggest personal collections of African American history and culture in the United States.
Avery Clayton’s dream was to create a museum for his mother’s treasures. Scholars say that Mrs. Clayton’s collection is very important. Without her work, part of African American heritage (遗产) would have been lost. “We didn’t know these things existed,” says Sara Hadron of California’s Huntington Library.
The collections new home is likely to be in Culver City, California. Part of Avery Clayton’s dream is to share the cultural riches his mother collected with others. He especially wants children to have a chance to see the collection. “ At present African American culture is being explained by pop culture,” he says, “ It’s important to offer a more complete picture.”
Mayme Clayton and Her Collection
Personal information ● She liked 66 books, magazines and letters written by African Americans.
●She 67 when she was 83years old.
Her collect ion ● Compared with other books, the books she collected couldn’t be found 68 .
● The only copy 69 and signed by Phillis Wheatley was in her
● She had a large collection , 70 books, paper, photographs and
other things by black leaders and artists.
● Her collections is 71 to African American history and
Her 72 dream ● A 73 for the treasure would be created.
● He hopes to 74 the culture riches collected by his mother with
more people, especially 75 .
Many would agree that when we think of Christmas, we probably think of gifts, Christmas trees and Santa Claus. But behind all these things lies the true meaning of Christmas: the importance of sharing and giving love and joy to people around us. The story in A Christmas Carol is perhaps the best example of this.
A Christmas Carol is a famous novel written by Charles Dickens. It is about an old man named Scrooge. He only thinks about himself and doesn’t treat others nicely. He just cares about whether he can make more money. And he hates Christmas. One Christmas Eve, Scrooge sees the ghost of Jacob Marley, his dead business partner. Marley used to be just like Scrooge, so he was punished after he died. He warns Scrooge to change his ways if he doesn’t want to end up like him. He also tells Scrooge to expect three spirits to visit him.
That night, three ghosts visit Scrooge. First, the Ghost of Christmas Past takes him back to his childhood and reminds Scrooge of his happier days as a child. Then the second spirit, the Ghost of Christmas Present, takes him to see how others are spending Christmas this year. Everyone is happy, even poor people. The last one, the Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come, takes him to the future. He sees that he is dead but nobody cares. Scrooge is so scared that he wakes up in his bed and finds out it is already the next morning on Christmas Day!
He decides to change his life and promises to be a better person. He happily celebrates Christmas with his relatives. He also gives gifts to people in need. He now treats everyone with kindness and warmth, spreading love and joy everywhere he goes. And that is the true spirit of Christmas!
76. Who wrote the novel A Christmas Carol?(No more than two words)
77. What is Scrooge like before the three spirits visit him?
78. Why was Jacob Marley punished after he died?
79. Which spirit takes him to the future? (No more than five words)
80. What is the true meaning of Christmas?
A． 根据句意、中文提示写出单词，完成句子。每空一词 [
81. Tom and Jerry is one of the cartoons which children like best, though there's not much ______________(对话) in it.
82. Jackie Chan is ____________(认为) as a kung fu superstar by the people all over the world..
83. There are lots of people singing and dancing at the ________(中心) Square.
84. We're not sure whether this made him any ______________(仇人，敌人).
85. It's reported that 30% of the male ________(人口 ) suffers from heart disease.
86. Herry is my ______________(music) partner and my best friend.
87. The old man fell asleep ______________(peaceful) after having a good drink.
88. Feng Xiaogang is one of the most _______________ (direct) in China.
89. It’s a pity that some valuable treasure has been __________(steal).
90. In the film, a ______________(wealth) doctor was murdered in his house.
“Made in China” in the USA
If you go to another country, what kinds of things would you buy? Would you buy a camera in Japan, some beautiful clothes in F 91 , or a watch in Switzerland? No matter what you may buy, you might probably think those products(产品) were m 92 in those countries. However, you could be w 93 . Kang Jian is a 17-year-old student from Shanghai. Last year he went to visit his aunt and uncle in San Francisco. He f 94 it interesting that so many products in the local shops were made in China. “I wanted to buy a toy car for my cousin, but even t 95 most of the toys had American brands（品牌）, they were made in China.”
Toys are not the o 96 things made in China. “I wanted to buy a pair of basketball shoes,” he explains. “But I had to visit five or six stores b 97 finding a pair made in America!” He realized that Americans can hardly a 98 buying products made in China. “In fact,” he continues, “there are so many things made in China — footballs, handbags, pet food, mobile phones. E 99 American flags are made in China!”
Kang Jian thinks it’s great that China is so good at p 100 these everyday things. However, he wishes that in the future China will also get better at making high-technology products that people can buy in all parts of the world.
请根据提示写一篇题为“My Favourite Film Star”的短文，词数90左右。
2、 2015年， Peter在一部恐怖片中扮演了一名侦探。这名侦探通过查看现场……并最终抓住了杀人犯。
3、 由于Peter在这部影片中担任了重要角色且演得十分精彩，他荣获了奥斯卡最佳男演员奖(the Oscar for Best Actor)。
4、 由于他的努力…… （用2—3句话展开合理想象）
1-5 ABCAC 6-10 ABCCB 11-15 CBCCB 16-20 CBABB
21-25 BACDD 26-30 BBABC 31-35 BBABB
36-40 ABCDA 41-45 BCCBD 46-50 AABCB
51-55 BABCB 56-60 CABDD 61-65 BDADC
66. collecting 67. died 68. easily 69. written 70. including
71. important 72. son’s 73. museum 74. share 75. children
76. Charles Dickens.
77. He only thinks about himself./He just cares about money.
78. He used to be like Scrooge.
79. The last/third one/spirit. The Ghost of Christmas Yet.
80. The importance of sharing and giving love and joy to people around us.
81.dialogue 82. considered 83. central 84. enemies 85. population
86. musical 87. peacefully 88. directors 89. stolen 90. wealthy
91. France 92. made 93. wrong 94. found 95. though
96. only 97. before 98. avoid 99. Even 100.producing
七、书面表达．My Favourite Film Star
Peter is my favourite film star . He is very famous . He is not only young but also handsome . He is very popular among fans. In 2015 , Peter played the role of a detective in a horror film . In the film , the detective checked the scene ,asked the neighbours some questions and found the clues. At last he caught the murderer . Because Peter played an important role and played wonderfully , he won an Oscar for Best Actor . He is famous around the world because of his efforts. He also helps many children in poor areas, he is great.