1. How does Jack go to work when it rains?
2. Which pen did the boy buy?
3. How is the weather this afternoon?
4. What kind of TV programme does the man’s son like?
A B C
5. How did John go to school this morning?
A. By bus. B. On foot. C. By bike.
6. What does Simon do now?
A. He is a student. B. He is a doctor. C. He is a teacher.
7. When will Susan arrive?
A. At 4:30. B. At 4:45. C. At 5:20.
8. Where did the dialogue p robably happen?
A. In a street. B. In a shop. C. In a school.
9. Why does the man advise the woman to wear red?
A. Because she likes red most.
B. Because the woman looks good in red.
C. Because she feels weak.
10. Why does the man want to change his shirt?
A. Because it is too small. B. Because it is out of style. C. Because he doesn’t like its colour.
11. What does the woman think of the rainy days?
A. She thinks it very boring. B. She thinks it helpful for the plants.
C. She thinks it good for playing outside.
12. What will the weather be like the next day?
A. It will rain heavily and cause a flood. B. It will be better, but still rain.
C. It will be a sunny day.
The man Like TV programmes about 13 best , think they are us eful
The woman Her favourite TV programme is 14 programme.
Time spent in watching TV The woman spent 15 hours every day.
13. A. News B. sports C. history
14. A. Animals B. News C. history
15. A. one hour B. two hours C. one and a half
16. What does Steve do in the factory?
A. A worker. B. An engineer. C. A manager.
17. How does he go to work?
A. On foot. B. By bus. C. By train.
18. How does he spend his time on the way?
A. Reading newspapers. B. Reading novels. C. Chatting with someone else.
19. Why was he late for work one Thursday?
A. He woke up late. He forgot to get off at the right station. C. He deserved to be late.
20. How did the boss treat him for his being late?
A. The boss encouraged him to carry on with his work.
B. The boss shouted to him angrily.
C. The boss said nothing to him.
21. — Do you enjoy Coco Lee’s songs?
— Yes. She is _____ winner of I’m singer Ⅲ. I can’t think of anyone with _____ better voice.
A. the; a B. the; the C. a; the D. a; a
22. — Would you like black or white coffee?
— Well, I __________ coffee __________ milk.
A. prefer; to B. prefer; with C. like; better D. would rather; than
23. — Tim, how do your parents like pop music?
— _____ my dad ____ my mom likes it. They both prefer classical music.
A. Either; or B. Neither; nor C. Not only; but also D. Both; and
24. — Some children can’t afford ______ necessary stationery.
— Let’s donate some pocket money to them.
A. buy B. to buying C. to be bought D. to buy
25. —I think drinking milk every morning is good ______ our health.
— Yes. I agree ______ you.
A. to; to B. with; to C. at; with D. for; with
26. Jerry devoted as much time as she could her classmates.
A. to helping B. help C. to help D. helping
27. I was told that he couldn’t hide his at my success and said something bad about it.
A. envy B. joy C. purity D. power
28. The boy felt very and fell as soon as he lay on the bed.
A. sleepy; sleepy B. asleep; asleep C. sleepy; asleep D. asleep; sleepy
29. The computer requires _______. I think I need _______ to ask Mr. Zhang for help.
A. fixing; going B. to fix; going C. fixing; to go D. to fix; to go
30. Wearing white can help people when they feel stressed.
A. fall down B. come down C. look down D. calm down
31. Not only you but also he to my birthday party.
A. have invited B. has invited C. have been invited D. has been invited
32. —What should we in class?
—We should pay attention notes when necessary.
A. pay attention to; to taking B. pay attention; to taking
C. pay attention to; to take D. pay attention; to take
33. —Did you enjoy the outdoor training yesterday?
—No, not at all! I was dead after so much hard training.
A. as good as B. as well as C. so good as D. so well as
34. —I want to know if Tom us in the fashion show tonight.
—I believe if he his homework, he will join us.
A. joins; finishes B. will join; finishes C. joins; will finish D. will join; will finish
35. —We failed in the singing competition. — . Better times are waiting for you.
A. No way. B. Best wishes. C. Cheer up. D. Good job.
Tears went out of my eyes when I talked to my parents on the phone. What were they doing when I 36 them? This is what I want to know most. I had supper at five o’clock in the dining room. There is no need for me to cook and wash the dishes. However, now it is the 37 time for my parents. Dad works from seven o’clock in the morning to nine o’clock in the evening. As a result, all of the housework is 38 to my mum alone, beside her own job. Every day she gets up at 4 o’clock in the morning, and then works till dark. One day, I called her at 7:30 in the evening, she told me that she was 39 on the farm and hadn’t had supper yet. My tears ran down from my cheeks.
Dear Mum, I will study hard in the university, because I am your hope. I promise you to take care of myself, because I am 40 to you. I promise you so much but I 41 want you to promise me that you can take care of yourself and Dad because you are just like the blood in my body. I cannot 42 without you.
Mum has ever said that the happiest time for Dad and her is when my sister and I come back home. We play cards in the room, watch TV or do 43 we like, with Dad and Mum 44
delicious food in the kitchen. It is also the happiest time for me. I could forget all the difficulties and unhappiness. The only thing to do is to enjoy the time with my parents.
45 , sometimes, doesn’t need many words. Love your parents like they love you. Give them a call, tell them you miss them.
36. A. missed B. met C. saw D. called
37. A. happiest B. hardest C. easiest D. busiest
38. A. passed B. handed C. left D. returned
39. A. yet B. already C. even D. still
40. A. necessary B. important C. formal D. single
41. A. ever B. just C. never D. seldom
42. A. work B. study C. live D. play
43. A. everything B. anything C. something D. nothing
44. A. eating B. enjoying C. having D. preparing
45. A. Rest B. Play C. Love D. Work
HORSE RACING ALL YEAR ROUND
Races Start at 3 p.m. Every Sunday
City Sports Center
Lots of Free Parking Space
No children allowed 100 YEARS OF PICTURES
THEN AND NOW(Photo Show)
See the Tianjin History From 1900-2000
February 1--- April 30
City Art Museum, 750 High Street
Tuesday to Sunday 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
This Saturday 2-6 p.m.
EVERYTHING 20%-40% OFF
Visit Us at Block Grandview Mall
Realize Your Dreams
Save Time and Money
Fall in Love with Prices We Offer DANCE PARTY
CELEBRATE A SPECIAL DATE
Bringing Your Sweet Heart
SUNDAY NIGHT, COUNTRY CLUB
Live Band(乐队) from 9 p.m. – 1 a.m.
$ 25 A Couple(夫妇)
$ 15 A Single(单个的) Person
46. What can you do if you only have time between 5 p.m. and 6 p.m. on Saturday?
A. Go shopping B. Go to see a photo show
C. Go to the dance party with your sweet heart D. Go to watch the horse racing
47. How much will Mr. and Mrs. Smith pay if they want to go to the dance party?
A. 15 dollars B.25 dollars C.30 dollars D.For free
48. Where can you see the article above?
A. In a fashion magazine B. In a tour guide C. In a newspaper D. In a sports ad
What colour is your name? What colour is Wednesday? These questions might sound strange to most people, but some can answer right away. One person says her name is the colour red. For another person, Wednesday is blue. These people have a condition called synesthesia(共同感). This means they experience two senses at the same time. For these people, the senses of smell, sound, sight, touch, and taste are not separate. They might see and also hear colours, for example, or hear as well as feel sounds.
The most common form of synesthesia is to hear sounds as colours, A person with synesthesia might hear the number three as blue or the letter D as red. Someone might always see green upon hearing the word April. Another person might see different colours while listening to music. Some people also taste colours. To one person, beef might taste blue and to another, yellow. Some people experience feelings in colour. For example, one person with synesthesia reports feeling pain as the colour orange.
Another form of synesthesia is to experience sounds or tastes as shapes. Some people see music as squares and circles. Some people taste a sweet as a smooth ball. There are other forms of synesthesia, as well. For one man, different words have different tastes. Some words taste like pork, others taste like potatoes or eggs.
Synesthesia is not a common condition. Perhaps only one person in every 5,000 has it. For these people, the everyday world can be a colourful and interesting place.
49. What is this passage mainly about?
A. An unusual condition. B. People who like colour.
C. The colour of pain. D. Music and art.
50. How many people probably have synesthesia?
A. Only 5,000 in the world. B. One out of every 500.
C. About 5 million. D. One out of every 5,000.
51.Which of the following is NOT an example of synesthesia?
A. Feeling pain in red. B. Tasting beef as green.
C. Feeling warm in April. D. Seeing music as squares.
How did you come to school today? If you got the bus this morning rather than walking, don't feel guilty.
A study suggests those who often take a bus or train are healthier than those who walk. It isn't clear why but it may be that those who take public transport are getting more exercise because they need to walk to the bus or train station.
The unexpected finding comes from a study of 6,000 Japanese adults who had health examination sand provided information on how they usually go to work.
Among the Japanese, those who took the bus or train were thought to be the fittest – they were the slimmest, had the best blood pressure and had the least possibility to have diabetes(糖尿病).
Importantly, those who took public transport were 40 per cent less likely to be diabetic and 26 per cent less likely to be diabetic than the walkers. Those who walked or cycled were next healthiest, while those who drove to work were in the worst shape.
A spokesman for the American Heart Association said: “Though it is unclear whether some health problems such as diabetes, high blood pressure and obesity（肥胖） are influenced by how you get to work, it's already certain that a physically active lifestyle helps reduce the possibility of them.
Study author Dr Tsuji, of the Moriguchi City Health Examination Centre in Osaka, said it was impossible to tell if taking public transport improves health or if bus and train passengers are simply healthier, people who often sit and work for long time should consider taking public transportation as a part of their daily regular exercise.
However, the Japanese citizens tend to only walk or bike to work if the journey will take under 20 minutes. As a result, when travel to and from station is considered, bus and train passengers may be walking and cycling further than those who walk or bike their whole journey.
So, what really matters is not how you get to work, but the walking before and after you're getting there.
52. In which part of a newspaper can we probably read this passage?
A. Sports. B. Advertisement. C. Technology. D. Health.
53. According to the passage, what kind of people are thought easier to get fat?”
A. People who often drive to work B. People who often walk or cycle to work
C. People who often take the bus or train to work D. People who walk or ride for less than 20 minutes
54. What does the article mainly talk about?
A. Why walking or cycling is healthier B. Why taking public transport is healthier
C. Walking or cycling is out of date in Japan D Why the Japanese prefer to take the bus or train
55. From the passage ,we can infer(推断)__________.
A. People should take the bus or train more B. People should walk or ride more
C. People should give up driving D. People should give up walking or riding
56.—Do you know (是否) we’ll get there on time or not? —I’m afraid we’ll be late.
57. Children’s actions can be _____________(影响) by others.
58. Could you tell me how to learn English ___________(语法) well?
59. Young men are trying to be ______________（先锋）in the field of high technology.
60. He is an excellent teacher. He always work to high ___________. (标准)
61.The song “Where has the time gone” won high _____ _ from people all over our country. (赞扬)
62. What’s the date today? I don’t have a ___________. (日历)
63. In _________ China, people usually dressed the beauty girl in pink. (古代)
64. As we all know, a year can be into 12 months. (划分)
65.The railway_______(连接）Qinghai to Tibet is the longest plateau railway in the world.
66. Our teacher always thinks of many ways to make his class (live) and interesting.
67. My friend likes reading. He is thought to be a boy of (wise).
68. You may become confident if you________(success) complete a difficult task through hard work.
69. It’s impolite to ask (person) questions about others.
70. Linda (prefer) to be a dancer when she was a little girl.
71. His ___________(care)caused such a big accident.
72. I think you should think_____________ (two) about the matter.
73. The _________(hot) of the summer sun will do harm to you if you don’t wear sunglasses.
74. At the very beginning of the new term, each student had to give a short __________ (speak) to introduce himself to his new classmates.
75. My Dad often tells me “You must think twice before you make ___________.”(decide)
What is your f___76___ colour? Do you like yellow, orange or red? If you do, you must be a person f__77__ of hope and have feelings about life. If you love green, you are strong-minded. You wish to do everything w___78___ and want other people to see you are successful.
In cold areas, a yellow room makes us feel more c___79__ than a dark green one, and a red dress brings w__80___ and cheer to the saddest winter day. Bright colours make people not only happier but more a__81___. It is a fact that factory workers work better, harder, and have fewer accidents when their machines are p__82___ orange rather than black or dark grey.
Remember, then, that if you feel low, you can always use a new shirt or a few colourful things to r___83___ you of a happy day. Remember also that you will know your friends better when you find out what colours they like and d___84___. And don't forget that anyone can guess a lot about your character when you choose something in d___85___ colours.
Teachers say the digital (数字的) age has had a good and a not-so-good influence on the American teenagers. More than 2,000 high school teachers took a survey on the Internet.
75 percent of the teachers said the Internet and digital search tools have had a good use for their students' research habits and skills. But 87 percent agreed that these technologies "make the students not have enough attention.” And 64 percent said the technologies “don’t help them in courses.”
Judy Buchanan, a director of the National Writing Project, says digital research tools are helping students learn more, and learn faster. Teachers really like these tools, because they make some of learning very exciting. Young people enjoy using these tools. And the goal is to help them do the work creatively, and not just to copy.
But one problem is that many students don't have a good understanding of how to use the digital knowledge well. In other words, they trust too much of the information. Judy Buchanan says these students have to develop the skills that tell whether the information online is good or bad.
Another problem is that students find information from the Internet too quickly. Teachers say the ability of their students to work hard to find answers is becoming weaker. The students depend too much on search engines and do not make enough use of books.
Besides, many teachers are also worried about the problem that the Internet makes students copy work done by others easily, instead of using their own abilities.
The 86 on whether digital age affects American teenagers
Purpose Students should learn how to use the digital tools in a right way.
Different opinions ● 75% of the teachers thought the Internet was 87 for students’ research habits and skills.
● 87% of the teachers agreed technologies may 88 students from having enough attention.
● 64% said that the technologies are 89 to them in courses.
of digital tools ● Digital tools help students learn more and faster.
● Teachers think it’s 90 for the students to use digital tools in class.
● Young people also think the tools can help them to do 91 work.
92 of digital tools ● Many students should develop the 93 which can judge good or bad information online.
● Many students 94 too much on search engines and do not make enough use of books.
● Internet makes it 95 for students to copy others’ work, instead of using their own abilities.
生肖 最爱的颜色 黄色
虎 原 因 代表智慧和成功
品质 自信 相信自己能做一切事；不怕在全校师生面前演讲
Dear Mr Wu,
I’m writing to recommend Jack as our new monitor. I think he has many strong qualities for this position.
1—5 BCACB 6—10 ABACA 11—15 ACCBC 16—20BCABB
21--25:ABBDD 26--30:AACCD 31--35:DAABC
36--45: DDCDB , BCBDC
46--48: ABC 49--51:ADC 52--55: DABA
A:56. whether 57.influenced 58.grammar 59 pioneers 60. standards
61. praise 62. calendar 63. ancient 64. divided 65.connecting
B:66.lively 67.wisdom 68. successfully 69.personal 70. preferred
71.carelessness 72.twice 73.heat 74.speech 75.decisions
76.favourite 77.full 78.well/ wonderfully 79.comfortable 80. warmth
81.active 82.painted 83.remind 84.dislike 85.different
七、任务型阅读 （共 10分，每题1分）
86 survey 87.good 88. stop/prevent/keep 89. helpless 90.exciting
91.creative 92.Disadvantages 93.skills 94.depend . 95. easy