A B C
D E F
1. ________ 2. ________ 3. ________ 4. ________ 5. ________
B) Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear. (根据你听到的对话和问题，选出最恰当的答案): (共8分)
6. A) John. B) Alice. C) Mike. D) Mary.
7. A) on Sundays. B) on Friday. C) on weekdays. D) on Saturdays.
8. A) Some bread, orange juice and lots of meat.
B) Some rice, orange juice and a lot of meat.
C) Some milk, bread and some meat.
D) Some rice, some coffee and orange juice.
9. A) 3 yuan. B) 3.5 yuan C) 5 yuan D) 5.5 yuan
10. A) By taxi. B) By bus. C) On foot. D) By bike.
11. A) No, she didn’t B) Yes, she did. C) No, she doesn’t D)Yes, she does.
12. A) 8:00 B) 8:05 C) 8:25 D) 8:30
13. A) Mother and son B) Father and son
C) Teacher and student D) Shop assistant and customer
C) Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false (判断下列句子是否符合听到短文内容, 符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示): (共6分)
14. Peter went to a restaurant in the morning.
15. The waiter was very busy when Peter entered the restaurant.
16. The waiter gave Peter a drink,but Peter didn’t drink it.
17. When the waiter gave Peter his second drink, he was angry and shouted at Peter.
18. The waiter gave Peter three glasses of drink in all.
19. In fact, Peter didn’t have any money.
D) Listen to the passage and complete the following sentences. (听短文，完成下列内容，每空格限填一词): (共6分)
20. In fact, there are lots of hobbies that are ________ for you.
21. It’s a pity that your only indoor activities are watching television and staying on the Internet. because there are always ________ ________for you to try.
22. Hobbies can help you forget your ________and give you a lot of pleasure.
23. Whatever you like to do, you can have________ ________ trying out new things and exploring what’s out there.
Part 2 Phonetics,Vocabulary and Grammar
Ⅱ.Choose the best answer. (选择最恰当的答案): (共17分)
24. Which of the following words is pronounced ?
A） A) except B）special C）escape D） expense
25. Wendy’s brother is______ accountant in the family business.
A） / B） an C） a D） the
26. About______ of the students in our class are girls.
A) three-second B) second-three C) four-fifth D) three quarters
27. Let’s talk about this______Friday morning.
A) over B) for C) between D) on
28. ______ useful informat ion you have collected!
A) How B) What C) What an D) How a
29. After hearing the good news, Jane became even______.
A) excited B) exciting C) more exciting D) more excited
30. We think the best way to learn English is______English as often as possible.
A) speak B) speaks C) to speak D) spoke
31. James was______to get back the lost watch a few days ago.
A) lucky enough B) too lucky C) unlucky D) even lucky
32. Jane couldn’t come early because there was______ with her car.
A) something wrong B) wrong something
C) nothing wrong D) wrong nothing
33. David is my good friend. His ambition is______ around the world.
A) travel B) travelled C) to travel D) to travelling
34. The number 1.91 is a ______.
A) fraction B) percentage
C) decimal number D) number showing degrees
35. We have ______ food, so we will have to find something else to eat.
A) bought B) taken out of C) looked for D) run out of
36. Although Cathy lives far away from her school, she is ______ late for school.
A) always B) seldom C) sometimes D) usually
37.Mary often gives me a hand when I am in trouble. The underlined part means________.
A) does me a favour B) calls me C)attacks me D) attracts me
38. Gork told the kangaroos ______ come in again.
A) not B) don’t to C) not to D) not be
39. A:It’s hot today. How about going swimming after school? B:____________
A) That’s OK! B) Best wishes! C) Good luck! D) Good idea!
40. A: You look tired, Betty. What’s the matter with you?
A) I’ve got the first prize B) I’m sorry to hear that
C) I’ve got a bad cold D) I don’t agree with you
Ⅲ. Complete the following passage with the words in the box. Each word can only be used once.（将下列单词的字母编号填入空格。每空限填一词，每词只用一次）(共6分)
Have you had a headache during a test? Have you ever been so 41 about something that you have a headache or even can’t sleep at night? If so, then you know what stress(压力) is. Stress is a kind of worry. This worry in your mind can make your body feel bad. You may feel 42 , sad, scared(恐惧的), or afraid—all of which can give you a stomach ache or a headache.
However, there are different kinds of stress. Some kinds of stress are good and 43 are bad. Good stress might happen when you’re called to answer questions in class. This kind of stress can help you to get things better done. For example, you may do a better job in your test 44 the stress pushes you to prepare better before the test.
On the other hand, bad stress can happen if the stress lasts too long. You may not feel well if your parents are fighting, or if anything else makes you unhappy every day. That kind of stress isn’t going to help you. And it can actually 45 you sick.
The best 46 to face the stress is to have a balanced life. If you get enough sleep and eat healthily, and if you exercise and leave time for fun, you’ll probably feel less stressed.
Ⅳ. Fill in the blanks with the proper forms of the words. (用所给单词适当形式填空): (共7分)
47. Of all the subjects, I like _____________ best. (physical)
48. Their textbooks are more beautiful than _____________. (we)
49. Don’t worry. These plants are_____________ to our human beings. (harm)
50. After he heard the good news, he became much _____________ ( happy ).
51. Diogenes was a great_____________ ( think) in Greece.
52. He finally won his_____________ after 20 years in prison. (free)
53. Tom works as _____________ as Mary. They seldom make mistakes . (careful)
Ⅴ. Rewrite the following sentences as required. (根据要求改写句子): (共10分)
54. Tom often has lunch in the school canteen. （改为一般疑问句）
________ Tom often________ lunch in the school canteen?
55. We’re so weak that we can’t open the door. (保持原句意思基本不变)
We’re ________ weak ________ open the door.
56. Gork felt the kangroos’ backs to make sure we were not riding on them.（对划线部分提问）
________ ________Gork feel the kangroos’ backs?
57. Peter seldom goes to school late. （改为反意疑问句）
Peter seldom goes to school late, ________ ________?
58.me, ask, carefully, my parents, finish, my homework, to (连词成句)
Part 3 Reading and Writing（第三部分 读写）(共35分)
Ⅵ.Reading comprehension. (阅读理解) (共25分)
A) Choose the best answer（根据短文内容，选择最恰当的答案): (共6分)
The teenagers and students with ID: $6.00
Children aged 2 to 7: $5.00
Children younger than 2: free
Strong Museum members : free
Strong Museum offers a 50% discount(打折) to groups of 20 or more.
59.Strong Museum usually opens _________.
A. Monday through Thursday B. every day except Wednesday
C. from Monday to Friday D. every day of the week
60. The admission to the the Museum Shop _________.
A. needs $7.00 an adult B. is always free
C. is free only on Saturday D. needs $6.00 a teenager
61. You can have dinner in Strong Museum _________ on Fridays.
A. from 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. B. from 10:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
C. from 11:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. D. at any time of the day
62. If you are a group of 30 adults visiting Strong Museum, how much should you pay for the admission ?________________.
A. $105 B. $90 C. $210 D. $180
63. According to the advertisement above, which of the following is true ?
A. Children to Strong Museum are free.
B. An adult visiting Strong Museum should pay $7.00.
C. The museum is open all the year round.
D. The teenagers are free to Strong Museum.
64. Which is the best title that can be used in the advertisement for Strong Museum?
A. Strong Museum – an Exciting Place for Adults.
B. Strong Museum—Children’s World for Fun.
C. Welcome to Strong Museum for a Long Holiday.
D. Strong Museum – the Best Place to Spend Your Day.
B) Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage.（选择最恰当的单词或词语完成短文) (共6分)
There are always top students around us. Let’s take Jenny as an example. As the monitor, she spends a lot of time working for our class, but she 65 gets good grades in all subjects. How can she do that? Here is some of her advice. Hard work is not the whole story. It’s not how long you sit at the desk. It’s 66 you do while you are sitting.”
Studying is a matter of personal preference(偏爱). Some people like working late at night , while others like doing their work 67 in the morning. No matter which way you use, try to do your best.
Studying is your business and business comes 68 entertainment(娱乐). When you are studying, phone calls should go unanswered, TV shows unwatched, snacks uneaten. Studying is the only thing in your mind. 69 can pull you away from what you are studying.
Studying is like eating. You chew it one bite at a time. You can plan what to do today, but don’t do too much. On the other hand, you will not study well without a good plan. It all depends on how you 70 your time.
Maybe she is right, so why not have a try?
65. A) even B) still C) rather D) also
66. A) what B) why C) how D) that
67. A) alone B) lonely C) quickly D) early
68. A) with B) before C) after D) into
69. A) Something B) Anything C) Nothing D ) Everything
70. A) realize B) cost C) take D) arrange
C) Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words. (在短文的空格内填入适当的词，使其内容通顺，首字母已给，每空格限填一词): (共7分)
Little Tommy's next door neighbors had a baby. U 71 , the little baby was born with no ears. When they arrived home from the hospital, the baby's parents i 72 Little Tommy’s family to come over and see their new baby. Little Tommy’s parents were a 73 their son might say something bad about the baby, so Dad had a long talk with little Tommy b 74 they went to the neighbors. He said, "Now, son, you know that poor baby was born without any ears. I wish you to be polite and not to say one word about his ears, or (否则)I am really going to be angry with you when we get back home." "I p 75 not to say anything about his ears at all", said Little Tommy.
At the neighbor’s home, Little Tommy leaned over in the cradle （摇篮）and touched the baby's hands. He said, "Oh! How soft his hands are!" The mother said, "Thank you very much, Little Tommy." T 76 he said, "This baby has perfect little hands and perfect little feet. J ust look at his pretty little eyes. Did his doctor say that he could see well?" The Mother said "Why? Yes, Tommy. His doctor said he had very good eyesight.” Little Tommy said, "Well, it’s a very good thing because he surely couldn't wear g 77 !”
D) Answer the questions. (阅读短文，回答问题): (共7分)
Arriving in New York There are three airports in New York. When you arrive at one of them, you can take a bus or taxi to any place in New York.
Public transport In New York there’s a good bus and subway service. If you are planning to use the subway a lot, you should buy a subway ticket for ten journeys because it’s cheaper. But you don’t have to use public transport--- there are lots of places you can go on foot, like the Empire State Building, 5th Avenue and Central Park. The New York taxis are a part of city experience, so you should take at least one taxi during your visit!
Hotels There are lots of good hotels in New York. The best is “ the Plaza” on 5th Avenue but you don’t have to pay a lot to stay in the city. There are lots of smaller hotels and the YMCA near Central Park is great for young people.
Eating Out There are many kinds of food in New York and you shouldn’t eat at McDonalds every day. There are good restaurants in Little Italy and China town, for example.
Shopping Shopping in New York is fun. There are big shops on 5th A venue. They are open seven days a week. But be careful when you look at the prices, you have to pay a special 8% tax（税）on everything you buy in New York.
Places to see Finally, there are a lot of places to see in New York – Times Square, the Status of Liberty. And you shouldn’t go home without climbing the Status of Liberty to enjoy the scenery of the river.
78.What can you take to any place in New York?
We can take ____________________________ to any place in New York.
79.Why should you buy a subway ticket for ten journeys if you are planning to use
the subway a lot ？
80.Is “the Plaza” here the name of a hotel or a shop?
81.Where can you find good restaurants in New York?
We can find them ____________________________________________.
82.If you buy a book of $10 in New York, you’ll have to pay $10.8, won’t you?
83.What do you think of New York? Why？（本题2分）
I think _____________________________________________________.
Ⅶ. Writing. (写话): (共9分)
Write a passage of at least 60 words on the topic “A Holiday Arrangement ”. ( 以“一个假日的安排”为题写一篇不少于60个词的短文，标点符号不占格。)
Situation: You cou sin will stay with you for two days during the winter holidays. Please write an article about your arrangements.
Use the following points as a reference:
1. When/How will he/she come to your home?
2. What will you do on the first / second day?
3. How will you feel?
Part One Listening(听力部分)
A. A) Listen to the sentence and choose the right picture. （根据你听到的内容，选择相应的图片）: (共5分)
1. Some people still use abacuses to calculate nowadays. (F)
2. Walt Disney created a lot of famous cartoon characters such as Snow White. (A)
3. I’m interested in spaceships because my father is an astronaut. (E)
4. It’s a good way to learn English by writing emails to a foreign pen friend. (B)
5. If you want to know more about it, you can look it up in an encyclopedia. (C)
B. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear.(根据你听到的对话和问题，选出最恰当的答案)
6. W: John, Where’s Alice? I haven’t seen her for days.
M: Oh, she is ill in hospital. Mike, Mary and I have just visited her. She is much better today.
Q: Who is ill in hospital? (B)
7. M: Do you clean your bedroom ,Lucy?
W: Yes,but I usually do it on Saturdays .
M: Who cleans it on weekdays?
W: My mother does.
Q: When does Lucy clean the bedroom? ( D )
8. W: Jack, would you like to have dinner with me?
M: I’d love to, but I’ve already had it at home
W: What did you have?
M: Some bread, orange juice and a lot of meat
W: That’s quite a big meal
Q: What did Jack have for dinner ? (A)
9. W: How much are the apple pies and hot dogs？
M: Each apple pie costs 1.5 yuan, and each hot dog costs 2 yuan.
W: I’d like to have two apple pies and one hot dog.
M: OK, here you are..
Q: How much will the woman pay? (C)
10 M: Kitty,Where is your bike? Why did you walk home today?
W: I lent it to Tom.
M: Why does he need a bike?
W: His mother is ill. He has to go to the hospital to look after her after school.
Q: How did Kitty go home today? (C)
11. M：Did you see the film last night, Kate?
W：I lost my ticket on my way to the cinema. So I had to go back home.
Q: Did the woman see the film last night? (A)
12. M: Oh, it’s 8:05. I’m afraid I have to go now.
W: Why are you in such a hurry?
M: I’m going to attend a meeting. It will begin in 25 minutes.
Q: When will the meeting begin? (D)
1 3.M: Can I help you, Madam?
W: I’m looking for a sweater for my son.
M: What size do you want?
W: Size 10.
Q: What’s the relationship between the two speakers? (D)
C. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following statements are true or false.(判断下列句子是否符合你听到的短文内容，符合的用“T”表示，不符合的用“F”表示)
One evening , Peter went into a restaurant. He sat down, called a waiter,and said to him “ Give me a drink before trouble starts.” The waiter was busy with other people,so he said nothing about that. But he gave Peter a drink and Peter drank it quickly. Then he put his glass down, called the waiter again and said to him “Give me another one before trouble starts.” Again the waiter was t oo busy to say anything. So he gave Peter his drink and went away. Peter drank that too. And then again he called the waiter and said to him. “once more drink before the trouble starts,please!” this time the waiter was not very busy, so when he brought Peter his third drink, he asked him, “what trouble are you talking about?” Peter answered “ I haven’t got any money!”
14 F 15. T 16. F 17. F 18. T 19. T
D. Listen to the passage and complete the following sentences.(听短文，完成下列内容，每空格限填一词)
Having a hobby is a great way to feel happy and meet new people. In fact, there are lots of hobbies that are good for you.
Hobbies are for fun. You don’t get paid to do it; it’s something you like to do with your free time. For a lot of people, their only indoor activities are watching television and staying on the Internet. That’s a pity, because there are always something wonderful for you to try.
Hobbies often give you something that you might not get in your everyday life. They allow you to do something that’s just for you, and they can help you forget your problems and give you a lot of pleasure. If you can find people with the same interests, it will be great.
Of course everyone is different. Maybe you really like going out with friends, so you need to take a class or have a group work. Whatever you like to do, the truth is that you can have much fun trying out new things and exploring what’s out there. Do some web searches, visit the library, don’t be afraid to try new things, and soon you’ll have a nice hobby.
20.good 21. something wonderful 22. problems 23. much, fun
Part Two Vocabulary and Grammar
Ⅱ.Choose the best answer.
24-28 CBDDB 29—33 DCAAC 34—38 CDBAC 39—40 DC
Ⅲ. Complete the following passage with the words in the box. Each word can only be used once.
Ⅳ. Fill in the blanks with the proper forms of the words.
47. physics 48. ours 49. harmless 50. happier 51. thinker 52. freedom 53.carefully
Ⅴ. Rewrite the following sentences as required.
54. Does have 55. too to 56. Why did 57. does he
58. My parents ask me to finish my homework carefully.
Part Three Reading and Writing
Ⅵ. Reading comprehension.
A. Choose the best answer.
59-64 D B A A B D
B. Choose the words and expressions and complete the passage.
C. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words.
71. Unluckily/Unfortunately 72.invited 73.afraid 74. before 75.promise 76.Then 77.glasses
D. Answer the questions.
78. a bus or taxi
79. Because it's cheaper
80. A hotel / “ The Plaza” here is the name of a hotel
81. in Little Italy and China town
82. Yes, I/we will
83. I think it’s a wonderful place because I can see Times Square, the Status of Liberty there.
(Any reasonable answer is OK.)
VII. Writing (作文): (共9分)