1. My uncle passed some (火柴) to my father.
2. The (光) in the room comes from the sun.
3. Cathy put her bicycle (倚) the wall and then walked into the office.
4. You should clean the (区域) round the table.
5. This river used to be in flood (泛滥) whenever there was a (暴风雨).
1. Who do you know gave th e fire a ?
2. The sun r in the east and goes down in the west.
3. It was sunny this morning, but s it began to rain just now.
4. If you look out of the w , you will see the garden.
5. Last night the TV news r that serious accident.
1. Don’t wake her up. She’s sound ( asleep).
2. John (beat) the drums and then played the piano.
3. It was raining (heavy) at that time yesterday.
4. The radio says that it will be (wind) tomorrow afternoon.
5. I’m a (strange) in this town.
1. My parents (watch) TV when I got back home.
2. What your sister (do) when the storm came?
3. They (play) games in front of the classroom at that time yesterday.
4. I (read) a book at home from 8:00 to 9:00 last night.
5. While my mother (make) supper, my brother was cleaning his room.
go off, pick up, fall asleep, die down, feel like
1. He was so tired that he quickly after he lay on t he bed.
2. All the students walked into the classroom after the bell .
3. I having a cold, so I will go to a doctor this afternoon.
4. The fire was in the open air because it was raining harder and harder.
5. Mike c alled her up, but she didn’t .
1. 当事故发生 时，你在干什么？
you the accident happened?
It was dar k I could see nothing in the room.
It’s an interestin g place. Do you want to around?
At 10:30 yesterday morning, my father the car, my mother the clothes.
hard so much work in such a short time.
Ⅰ. 1. matches 2. light 3. against 4. areas 5. rainstorm
Ⅱ. 1. alarm 2. rises 3. su ddenly 4. window5. reported
Ⅲ. 1. asleep 2. beat 3. heavily 4. windy 5. stranger
Ⅳ. 1. were watching 2. was; doing 3. were playing 4. was reading 5. was making
Ⅴ. 1. fell asleep 2. went off 3. feel like 4. dying down 5. pick up
Ⅵ. 1. What were; doing when 2. so; that 3. have a look 4. while; was repairing; was washing
5. It’s; to finish