1. What place of interest may he visit?
A. B. C.
2. How many girls are there in the class?
A. B. C.
3. Where are the two speakers talking now?
A. B. C.
4．How is Linda going to the cinema tonight?
A. B. C.
5. Which city did Sandy visit last?
A. Paris. B. London. C. Beijing.
6. When will Jim’s birthday party begin?
A. At 5:30. B. At 5:00. C. At 4:30.
7. What is Jack’s sister?
A. A nurse. B. A teacher. C. A student.
8. Who does the red pen belong to?
A. Betty. B. Mike. C. Lily.
9. What can we learn about this young lady?
A. She hasn’t got married. B. She is very shy. C. She is homorous.
10. What's the date today?
A. Sep 9th. B. Sep 10th . C. Sep 11th.
11. When is his father’s birthday?
A. This Sunday． B. This Thursday． C. This Saturday.
12. What are they going to do for his father’s birthday?
A. They’re going to have a party. B. They’re going to have a picnic.
C. They’re going to have a big dinner.
Plan for summer vacation
Tom ● doesn’t want to stay at home
● plans to go 13
David ● is going to visit Harbin
● will stay there for 14 days
Alice ● will learn how to play the 15
● wants to be a musician
13. A. fishing B. camping C. swimming
14. A. 5 B. 6 C. 7
15. A. guitar B. violin C. piano
16. How will Americans feel if they are asked “Where are you going”?
A. They'll feel happy. B. They'll feel surprised. C. They'll feel excited.
17. Who can ask “Where are you going” in America according to the article?
A. Businessmen B. Friends. C. Policemen.
18. What does the question “Have you had your meal” mean in Americans’ eyes?
A. An invitation.(邀请) B. A greeting. C. An introduction.(介绍)
19. Which of the following will NOT be a greeting in America?
A. How are you? B. Hello! C. How old are you?
20. What does the speaker mainly want to tell us?
A. We should learn more foreign languages.
B. Different countries have different customs.
C. We can’t ask “Have you had meals” any more.
21. --- Simon has gone abroad to have European tour.
--- Oh, really? It must be unusual trip for him.
A. an; a B. a; an C. a; a D. an; an
22. honest the boy was! All the students told a lie him.
A. How; expect B. What an; except C. How; except D. What an; besides
23. --- Have you finished your homework ?
--- Yes, I have done that .
A. yet; already B. already; yet C. ever; never D. still; just
24. --- my glasses? I can’t read without them.
--- I them on the desk, but they are not there now.
A. Have you seen; have seen B. Have you seen; saw
C. Did you see; have seen D. Did you see; saw
25. New Year’s Day is coming. I will Chongqing for the family get-together soon.
A. return back to B. go back C. return D. return to
26. --- Must I return the book this week? --- No, you . You can it for 20 days.
A. mustn’t; keep B. needn’t; borrow C. don’t have to; keep D. mustn’t; lend
27. I’m sorry I can’t get on the bus because I my ticket in the office just now.
A. left B. forgot C. have left D. have forgotten
28. ---Miss Zhang, I can’t find my pen.
--- If you can’t find _____, you can borrow _____ from your classmate
A. it; it B. one; one C. it; one D. one ; it
29. ---Where is your father?
---He Australia and he Sydney for two weeks.
A. has been to; has been in B. has gone to; has been in
C. has been in; has been to D. has gone to; has been to
30.--- I hear that your good friend David books about history.
--- Yes, but now he novels.
A. used to read; used to read B. use to read; used to reading
C. use to read; is used to reading D. used to read; is used to reading
31. Jack is always to wait for a long time without getting angry.
A. too patient B. patient enough C. enough patient D. very patient
32.--- did your uncle leave his hometown?
--- He for nearly twenty years.
A. When; has been away B. When; has left
C. How long; has left D. How long; has been away
33. When the dancers stopped _______ to us, we all couldn’t stop ________ excitedly.
A. waving; to shout B. to wave, shouting
C. to wave, to shout D. to waving; shouting
34. --- How is it from Xi'an to Dunhuang?It’s less than 10 train ride.
A. long; hour's B.far; hour's C.long; hours' D. far, hours'
35. --- It’s too cold. Would you mind _______ the window?
A. closing; Certainly not B. to close; OK
C. opening; Of course not D. to open; Good idea
“You don’t understand me!” I shouted. Then I ran out of the door and got on a bus. I didn’t know where it was going. I just want to get away from home as__36__as I could.
I couldn’t__37__what had just happened to me. My mother, the person I believe in, had just read all of my__38__from my close friends! It shouldn’t have happened to me. She read my letters and told me not to write to__39__any more! I couldn’t__40__the tears（眼泪）from falling when I thought about this.
Later that day, I went to my close friend’s house. After my friend gave me a cup of water, __41__rang.
“It’s your mother,” she spoke to me in a low_42__.
“Tell her that I’m not here!” I answered. However my mother heard it. “Tell her not to leave! I’ll be right there!” Then she hung up the phone__43__a goodbye.
But to my__44__, when my mother arrived, “sorry” was the first word she spoke to me. Her__45__told me that she had been crying and her voice told me that she was really tired. “Will you forgive（原谅）me?” at last she asked. I didn’t kno w what to say. I just ran to her, and gave her a big hug(拥抱). She held me so tightly（紧紧地）. You know, at that time, I felt so warm. I really love you, Mum!
36. A. happily B. slowly C. carefully D. quickly
37. A. remember B. talk C. believe D. ask
38. A. letters B. books C. magazines D. emails
39. A. him B. them C. you D. her
40. A. make B. think C. stop D. find
41. A. the door bell B. the car bell C. the phone D. the bus bell
42. A. voice B. sound C. noise D. way
43. A. during B. without C. towards D. from
44. A. surprise B. happiness C. excitement D. joy
45. A. ears B. arms C. hands D. eyes
Bury trip -- June 18th, 2016
We will be leaving the Perse School at 13:45. Please be at the school gate 10 minutes early. If you are late, you may miss the bus and not be able to go! If you miss the bus, you won’t get your money back. The bus is planned to arrive in Bury at 14:30, although this depends on traffic. You will have free time to walk around and we will meet at the same location where we arrived at 17:15 to return to the Perse School by about 18:00.
Things to do
Visit the Abbey
The Abbey is the min (废墟）of a church which was built more than 1，000 years ago. There are many nice gardens in it. And next to the Abbey, there is a big new church.
Have a drink in the Nutshell
This little bar is famous in Britain because it is officially (正式地）the smallest bar in the country. Good things are put in small bags, and the Nutshell serves some of the area’s finest beer, as well as fascinating photos.
Have a look at a beer shop
At the Greene King shop you can taste and buy some of the local beer, as well as food such as potato chips. There are also clothes available to buy.
Several places are listed, but feel free to plan your own visit.
46. If Sara wants to take part in the trip, when should she arrive at the Perse School gate
A. At 13:35. B. At 13:45. C. At 14:20. D. At 14:30.
47. What can we see in the Abbey
A big museum. B. Tall towers. C. Nice gardens. D. A new church.
48. The Nutshell is famous in Britain beca use of its_________ .
A. small size B. good service C. best beer D. interesting photos
49. What can we buy at the Greene King shop
①beer ②potato chips ③postcards ④books ⑤ clothes
A.①②④ B.①②⑤ C.②③④ D.③④⑤
50. The material is probably_________ .
A. a report B. a diary C. an introduction D. a notice
A teacher began his class by holding up a glass with some water in it. He held it up for all to see, and asked the students, " How much do you think this glass weighs?"
"50 g!" "100 g!" "125 g!" the students answered.
"I really don't know unless I weigh it," said the teacher, "but my question is what would happen if I held it up like this for a few minutes?"
" Nothing! " the students said.
"OK. What would happen if I held it up like this for an hour?" the teacher asked.
"Your arm would begin to ache," said one of the students.
"You're right. Now, what would happen if I held it for a day?"
"Your arm could go numb. Have to go to hospital for sure!" said another student. All the students laughed.
"Very good. But during all this, did the weight of the glass change?" asked the teacher.
"No." the students said.
"Then what caused the arm ache and the muscle (肌肉) stress?"
The students fell silent for a moment.
"Put the glass down!" said one of the students.
"Exactly!" said the teacher. "The problems of life are something like this. Hold them for a few minutes in your head, and it seems OK. Think of them for a long time and they begin to make you ache. Hold them even longer and you will not be able to do anything. It's important to think of the challenges(挑战) in your life, but it' s even more important to put them down at the end of every day before you go to sleep. That way, you are not stressed. You wake up fresh and strong an d can deal with any challenge that comes your way!"
Remember to put the glass down today.
51. How much do you think this glass which was held by the teacher weighs?
A.50g B.125g C.I don’t know. D.100g
52. What would happen if the teacher held the glass up like this for an hour?
A. One of the students thought his arm could go numb.
B. One of the students thought his arm would begin to ache.
C. One of the students thought his arm would be changed.
D. One of the students thought his arm would be lost.
53. Why did the teacher hold up a glass in his class?
A. Because he wanted to know how much the glass weighs.
B. Because he wanted to ask some student to weigh the glass.
C. Because he wanted to make his class more interesting.
D. Because he wanted to explain it was important to put the challenges in life down at the
end of every day.
54. In this passage, the underlined words "go numb" means_______.
A．疼痛不止 B．消瘦萎缩 C．松弛下垂 D．失去知觉
55. According to the passage, which of the following is TRUE?
A. The teacher told his students to face the challenges bravely.
B. The teacher taught his students how to deal with the problems.
C. The teacher used to begin his class with a glass of water.
D. The teacher usually b egins his class by holding a glass of water.
1. Australian seasons are the______ (对立的人或物)of ours.
2. We should wait for our turns to get on the bus ________(礼貌地)．
3. Eating too much cold food is bad for your （胃）, boys.
4. There is not much water (污染)in the small village.
5. His last public concert will be on in Shanghai in __________ (几个,一些) months．
6. How many (south) cities have you ever been to?
7. Alice is happy, because she a handsome and hardworking man last year. (marry)
8. Would you please ________ (not move) at such high speed? It’s too dangerous.
9. Do you mind me_________(change) the ch annel now?
10.Most of my old friends have moved away, so it is ___________( possible) for us to see
each other as often as before．
World Sleep Day, on 21st March, was created to bring attention to the growing number of sleep problems. Many people in the modern world don’t realize sleep is very important. As a result, sleep problems are quite common.
In 2011, scientists in Greece did a survey of over 35,000 people in 10 countries. Among the people, 24 percent said that they did not sleep well. 31.6 percent were diagnosed(诊断) with insomnia(失眠). 30.7 percent of them have gone to see the doctor with sleep problems and 11.6 percent said that they felt very sleepy during the day.
The survey found that many people suffer the effects of poor quality sleep, some examples can’t fall asleep and often wake up in the middle of the night. The main reasons of the problems are pressure(压力) from school or work and a fast pace(节奏) of life, but noise pollution and light pollution also affect sleep and cause poor quality sleep. The survey also found that large numbers of people find it hard to sleep at night. They fel t tired and couldn’t focus on something. If this happens for a long time, the risk of gaining weight and having a heart attack may increase.
There are many things you can do to improve the quality of your sleep. First, you should have regular sleep habits. Try to go to bed and wake up around the same time each day. At night, you should not drink anything with caffeine, such as chocolate, coffee and tea.
Getting a good night's sleep is important for everyone. By following the advice above, you can rest better at night and work better during the day.
Have a good sleep
World Sleep Day World Sleep Day was created to make people understand the 1 of sleep.
A survey by
scientists Of 35 000 people in 10 countries, there were 2 percent of the people saying they didn’t sleep well.
31.6 percent were diagnosed with insomnia.
30.7 percent have 3 doctors for help.
11.6 percent of the people feel sleepy during the day.
4 of sleep
problems People feel the pressure from school or work.
A fast pace of life leads to 5 problems as well.
Noise and light pollution also 6 sleep and cause poor quality sleep.
Results of sleep
problems Some people aren’t 7 to fall asleep and often wake up at night.
Feeling 8 , people find it hard to focus on something.
It’s highly possible that sleepless people easily gain weight and have a heart attack.
9 to improve
sleep quality Have regular sleep habits.
Make your bedroom cool, dark and quiet.
Drink something 10 caffeine at bedtime.
Mr. King was the owner of a large company. One day, he went into his office early in the morning to get ready to go to the airport and left for another city.
He was leaving his office when Bill, a night watchman, came in. Bill just came off work(下班). After saying "Good morning" to Mr. King, Bill told the owner about his bad dream. Last night he dreamed Mr. King's plane crashed after it took off. Mr. King was surprised to hear this. He decided to go by train.
Bill's dream came true. That morning the plane really crashed just after it took off. Later Mr. King returned to his office and heard the accident. To express (表达) his thanks, Mr. King gave Bill $5,000. He also gave Bill a letter. Mr. King told Bill that a man like him should be sent away. Bill was surprised and asked, "Why?" Mr. King said, "Go home and read the letter, and you will know why."
Bill went home and opened the letter in a hurry. After he read it, he became sad. In the letter there was only one sentence -- "A night watchman can't sleep on his duty(值班), but you did."
(Answer the following questions with no more than 6 words.)
1. Who was Mr. King?
2. What did Bill do?
3. How did Mr. King feel after he heard Bill's dream?
4. When did the plane crash that morning?
5. Why did Mr. King send Bill away?
The weekend is usually a time of rest. B 1 today’s Chinese students cannot rest during the weekends. According to a survey, 24% of the junior students in Beijing have classes at the weekend. Over 40% of the Junior 3 have less t 2 eight hours’ sleep each night because of too much study.
Ji Ping, a junior student in Guangzhou, h 3 to get up at 6:30 am on Saturday. Then she has a whole day of classes. On Sunday she goes to extra classes for Math and English. But she doesn’t complain. She says that a 4 her classmates work hard on Sunday.
Liu Yang is from Dalian. As a Junior 2 student, his weekends are less busy. But he also spends Saturday in school. On Sunday, after d 5 homework, he plays basketball. He feels happy b 6 he still has time to do the things he likes.
A few students are a little luckier. Zhao Yanqing, a Junior 3 student from Zibo, Shandong, is o 7 of them. And she is a top student. During the weekends, she usually gets up at 8:00. Then she s 8 some time doing homework. After that she is free to go s 9 or watch TV. “Learning well at school is e 10 . It’s unnecessary to do too much homework at home.” she said.
1. W: Which country will you go on a tour of?
M: The USA.
2. M: How many students are there in your class?
W: There are only thirty-two. And half of them are girls.
3. M: Excuse me. May I borrow a story book Harry Potter?
W: Sure. Here you are.
4. M: Do you need me to drive you to the cinema, Linda?
W: Thanks, dad. It’s not far from here. I can ride there.
5. M: Hello, Sandy! I haven’t seen you for a long time.
W: I've been abroad. I went to New York last month, and I returned from London.
6. M: Hurry up! It’s five o’clock. Jim’s birthday party will begin in half an hour.
W: OK, let’s go at once.
7. W: Jack, what does your sister do? Is she a nurse?
M: No, she works in a middle school. She likes her students very much.
8. M: Hi, Betty. Is this red pen yours?
W: Mike, Let me see. Oh, no. It's Lily's.
9. M: Are you married, young lady?
W: Wait a minute, I'll ask my husband.
10. W: David, tomorrow is Teachers' Day. Let's make some cards for our teachers.
M: Good idea.
W: Jack, my father’s birthday is coming.
M: Really? When is it? Is it on Thursday or Sunday?
W: Neither. In fact, it’s this Saturday.
M: Oh, what shall we do for him? Shall we have a party?
W: It’s too noisy.
M: What about a big dinner?
W: Sounds boring. I’d like to go out to have a picnic．
M: That’s great!
Summer vacation is coming next week. Everyone in my class has his or her own plan for it. Tom doesn’t want to stay at home for the whole vacation. He plans to spend one week going camping with his friends. David likes travelling. He is going to visit Harbin with his cousins. It’s a good idea to spend time there in summer. He will stay there for 5 days. My best friend Alice is going to have piano classes, because she thinks music can bring her happiness. She wants to be a musician.
“Where are you going?” Chinese often ask this question when two friends meet in the street. But if you ask Americans the same question, they will be surprised because they think that “go¬ing to some place” is their own business. In their eyes, only a po¬liceman will ask such a question in the street.
The same thing will happen to Americans if you ask them “Have you had your meal?” . In fact, to us Chinese, such questions do not mean anything but a greeting.
In America, when two friends meet in the street, they will say “Hello!” or “How are you?”. They never ask “Where are you going” or “Have you had your meal”. If two friends meet at the mealtime and one asks the other “Have you had your meal?”, that means he wants to invite his friend to have a meal with him. It's quite different from what it means in China.
The examples above tell us that people in different countries have different customs. Now we are learning foreign languages, we must pay great attention to their customs.
一、听力 ACCCB ABCCA CBBAC BCACB
二、单项选择 BCABD CACBD BABDA
三、完形填空 DCABC CABAD
四、阅读理解 ACABD CBDDB
1. opposite 2. politely 3. stomachs 4. pollution 5. several
6. southern 7. married 8. not move 9. changing 10. impossible
1. importance 2. 24 3. asked 4. Reasons 5. sleep
6. affect 7. able 8.tired 9.Ways/How 10.without
1.The owner of a large company.
2.(He was)a night watchman.
3.(He was) surprised.
4. (Just) after it took off.
5.Because he slept on his duty.
1. But 2. than 3.has 4.all 5.doing
6.because 7.one 8.spends 9. shopping 10.enough