课 件 w w w.5y K J.Co m Unit 5 What were you doing when the rainstorm came
Ⅰ. Fill in the blanks according to the given tips, using their proper form.
1. I was busy _____(look) for my umbrella.
2. My parents were completely _____(shock).
3. He has trouble in _____(learn) English.
4. You should tell us the _____(true).
5. Her mother _____(cook) at 6:30 yesterday.
6. Robert walked home in _____(silent).
7. She didn’t go out until the wind was _____(die) down.
8. When he got home, he found _____(fall) trees, _____(break) windows and rubbish everywhere.
9. She also put some candles and _____(match) on the table.
10. The news was a shock, Robert and his friends were c_____ surprised to hear it.
Ⅱ. Complete the dialog.
B: I was flying a kite.
B: By the river. A lot of children were flying kites there ,too.
A: It blew yesterday, didn’t it?
B: 3.___ It was good weather for flying a kite.
B: Lucy and Lily. They both bought two new kites and got there earlier than I did.
A: Did you enjoy yourselves yesterday?
Ⅲ. Choose the best answer from the given choices.
1. Don’t go out, it is raining ___.
A. hardly B. heavily C. heavy D. big
2. He found a key on the ground and ___.
A. pick it up B. pick it out C. picked up D. picked it up
3. She doesn’t ___ staying at home alone.
A. want B. would like C. feel like D. decide
4. You should believe in yourself. Nobody else can___ you.
A.win B. beat C. beats D. wins
5. The sun ___ in the east.
A. rise B. rises C. raise D. raises
6. He had to give up playing tennis ___ his illness.
A. because B. but C. so D. because of
7. Can you tell me___?
A. where Jim lives B. where does Jim live
C. where Jim live D. where is Jim
8. China has ___ five thousand years’ history.
A.over B.less C.more D.less than
—It’s May 4th.
A.What day is it today? B.What time is it?
C.When is it? D.What’s the date today?
10. Last night, he left home ___ silence.
A.with B.for C.in D./
Ⅳ. Choose the best answer according to the short passage.
Sitting at a desk in a classroom all day can be pretty boring. The teachers at a primary school in the US noticed that, so they changed their students’ desks for exercise bikes as part of the Read and Ride program!
This program began six years ago. A special classroom has enough bikes for every student in any class. Teachers bring in their students to read the books while riding the bikes. There’s also one exercise bike in the back of each classroom for students to exercise.
Their teacher Mr. Ertl said many children found it boring when they read books. This program makes reading fun. They feel happy when they read books while riding the exercise bikes. As a result, the school found that students that spent more time reading and riding did better than others in reading tests.
This program not only helps students do better in study, but also helps them keep healthy. Mr. Ertl said many students were fat and it was difficult for them to take exercise. On the bikes, they try their best to exercise at their own level.
1. Teachers changed desks for exercise bikes for the students to ___.
A. make reading fun
B. keep students cool
C. make students study better
D. make PE classes fun
2. Why did students in the program do better in reading tests?
A. They liked reading. B. They worked harder.
C. They learned more words. D. They felt happy when they read.
3. The best title of the passage is ___.
A. Mr. Ertl and His Program
B. Reading Is Fun
C. Bikes in the Classroom Improve Health and Studies
D. US Primary Schools Follow the Read and Ride Program
Ⅰ. 1.looking 2.shocked 3.learning 4.truth 5.was cooking 6.silence 7.dying 8.fallen; broken 9.matches 10. completely
Ⅲ. BDCBB DAADC
课 件 w w w.5y K J.Co m