课件 w ww.5 y kj.Co m Unit 4 Why don't you talk to your parents
Ⅰ. Fill in the blanks with the given tips, using their proper form.
1. He needs more money to support his big family so he has to find a p_____ job.
2. Mr Smith is used to l_____ in China because he has been there for ten years.
3. I have many friends in my class, and we are _____(get) on well with each other.
4. The students are reviewing their lessons to p_____ for the next exam.
5. When I am in trouble, my parents always give me some good _____(建议).
6. Doctors say too much pressure is not good for a child’s _____(发展).
7. I don’t want _____(stay) at home alone.
8. Why don’t you _____(write) a letter to your cousin?
9. When I got home, I found my mother _____(cook) in the kitchen.
10. We all hope to have more free time _____(relax).
Ⅱ. Complete the following sentences.
1. You could talk with him on the phone.(改为同义句)
_____ _____ talk with him on the phone?
2. He doesn’t play soccer anymore.(改为同义句)
He _____ _____ plays soccer.
3. I’ll watch TV after I finish my lessons.(改为同义句)
I _____ watch TV _____ I finish my lessons.
4. He gave my book back yesterday.(改为同义句)
He _____ my book _____ me yesterday.
5. He didn’t write to Jenny. Instead, he talked with her on the phone.(改为同义句)
He talked with Jenny on the phone _____ _____ _____ to her.
6. What's wrong with Jim?(改为同义句)
What's _____ _____ with Jim?
7. He had a good rest after he had lunch.(改为同义句)
He _____ _____ a good rest _____ he had lunch.
8. Please tell us what we should do next time.(改为同义句)
Please tell us _____ _____ _____ next time.
9. Mike didn't pass the math exam last week.(改为同义句)
Mike _____ _____ the math exam last week.
10. You must speak English as much as you can.(改为同义句)
You must speak English _____ _____ _____ _____.
Ⅲ. Choose the best answer from the given choices.
1. You ___ wear sports shoes when you climb a mountain.
A. can't B. shouldn't C. mustn't D. have to
2. —Have you decided where to go for your summer vacation?
—Not yet. We ___ go to Qingdao. It is a good place for vacation.
A. may B. should C. need D. must
3. The talented boy ___ write lyrics when he was at the age of ten.
A. may B. could C. must D. should
4. The work is too hard for him. He ___ finish it on time.
A. can't B. mustn't C. shouldn't D. needn't
5. —What do you want to eat for lunch? I will prepare earlier today.
—Honey, you ___. Let's go out to have something different.
A. mustn't B. can't C. shouldn't D. don't have to
6. On school nights, my parents don't allow me ___ out.
A. go B. going C. to go D. went
7. Maria ___ well with her classmates.
A. gets up B. gets off C. gets on D. gets to
8. ___ give them some good books?
A. Why don't B. What about
C. Why don't you D. Would you like
9. Would you mind me ___ you some questions about your family?
A. ask B. asking C. to ask D. asked
10. Please stop talking. It's time ___ class.
A. at B. to C. in D. for
Ⅳ. Choose the best answer according to the short passage.
Maybe you have seen this in schools: some students are studying nearly all the time but they just pass their exams, while some others may spend much less time on their books but do much better in exams. How could this happen? People used to think that hard work is the only way to success. But now they have understood that smart work can make them succeed, too.
Hard workers don't mind working for long hours, while smart workers always think of several different answers to these questions, “Why should I suffer this?” “Isn't there a better way to do this?” Thanks to these people, we can use computers instead of the abacus now. Progress in every field is the direct result of “try to find a better way” by smart workers.
There was a large soap factory in Japan. Once it received an unusual letter from someone who complained that there was no soap in the soapbox he bought.
How could empty soapboxes go out of the factory? The engineers checked the producing and packing. The producing was fine, but in about one in ten thousand cases, the packing machine let an empty soapbox go. There was no need to spend a lot of money repairing the machine for such a small problem. The engineer soon worked out a solution; he put a huge Xray machine and two large computers to find out the empty soapboxes. After teaching the workers how to use it, he sat down in his seat, exhausted.
“Sir, we could have solved the problems in a much simpler and cheaper way,” a worker said.
“We can put a huge fan near the packing machine. The wind coming from the fan will blow away the empty boxes, leaving the other boxes with soap.”
See, this is smart work. In order to succeed, we should not only work hard like the engineer, but also think smart like this worker.
1. Some students spend less time on schoolwork but do better in exams ___.
A. because of their hard work
B. because of different education
C. because they try to find a better way
D. because they study for a much longer time
2. Someone wrote to the soap factory and complained that ___.
A. the soapbox he bought was empty
B. their soap was too expensive
C. the soap he bought was terrible
D. their service was very bad
3. The article mainly tells us we should ___ in order to succeed.
A. work hard for long hours and study all the time
B. work hard like the engineer and think smart like the worker
C. spend less time on our schoolwork than before
D. spend enough money repairing the machine for any problem
I. 1. part-time 2. living 3.getting 4.prepare 5.advice 6. development 7. to stay 8. write 9. cooking 10. to relax
Ⅱ.1. Why not 2. no longer 3. won’t; until 4. returned; to 5. instead of writing 6. the matter 7. didn't have; until 8. what to do 9. failed in 10. as much as possible
Ⅲ. DA BAD C CCB D
课件 w ww.5 y kj.Co m