课件 w ww.5 y kj.Co m Unit 3 Could you please clean your room
Ⅰ. Fill in the blanks with the given tips, using their proper form.
1. Our country is a d_____ country while America is a d_____country.
2. There is no n_____ for kids to do housework now.
3. It’s u_____ to let me do the dishes all the time.
4. I think 100 dollars _____(mean) a lot to a poor man.
5. Neither of us _____(sweep) the floor yesterday.
6. My mom came home from work _____(find) the house tidy.
7. I cut my finger and I try _____(get) it wet.
8. Why do some parents make their kids _____(drink) milk every day?
9. Would you mind _____(take) out the trash?
10. The doctor did what he can _____(save) the sick boy.
Ⅱ. Complete the following sentences.
The minute I _____ down in front of the TV, my mom _____ _____.
I’m just _____ _____ _____ you are.
Housework is a _____ _____ _____ _____.
_____ _____ _____, he often _____ ill and his grades _____.
Why was Lily’s mom _____ _____ her?
It _____ _____ heavily when the plane _____ _____.
They got up early _____ _____they could _____ the first bus.
The children _____ _____ _____ their best clothes to _____ the Spring Festival.
Look! The children _____ _____ _____ a small cat.
My daughter _____ _____ a letter _____ the other children _____ _____ outside.
Ⅲ. Choose the best answer from the given choices.
1. —Could I use your computer?
—No, you ___. I have to ___ it.
A. could; working on B. can; work on
C. couldn’t; work on D. can’t; work on
2. —Could you please do the cleaning?
A. No problem B. Sorry, I’m afraid I can’t
C. With pleasure D. A,B and C
3. —Could you buy ___ useful books for her?
—Sorry, I don’t have ___ money.
A. some; any B. any; any C. some; some D. any; some
4. —___ have a look at your dictionary, please?
—Sure, Here you are.
A. Could you B. Can you C. Would I like you D. Could I
5. —How long may I ___ your bike?
—For a week. But you mustn’t ___ it to others.
A. borrow; lend B. keep; lend C. lend; borrow D. keep; borrow
6. Your English book is in your backpack. Please ___ and read it.
A. taking it out B. take out it C. take it out D. taking out it
7. Do you agree ___ me, Nick?
A. at B. about C. on D. with
8. —Could you finish the task in two days?
—___. I have something else to do these days.
A. I’m afraid so B. I’m afraid not C. Yes, I think so D. I hope it
9. Her father likes ___ dinner but hates ___ the dishes.
A. making; making B. doing; doing
C. making; doing D. doing; making
10. —Could I ___ a dictionary from you, David?
—Sorry, I ___ it to my cousin yesterday.
A. lend; borrowed B. borrow; lend
C. borrow; lent D. borrowed; lend
Ⅳ. Choose the best answer according to the short passage.
Do teenagers in small villages do chores at home? How about the teenagers in big cities? Here is a survey. We asked 4,000 teenagers in China several questions. Half of them come from big cities like Beijing, Shanghai and Guangzhou. The others are from small villages. We made a diagram of the result of our survey. Let’s have a look at it. We found out that teenagers from small villages do more chores than those from big cities. Maybe it is because they live a harder life. Our advice to parents in big cities is that parents should give their children some chores to do. Doing chores teaches teenagers to take care of themselves.
Chores 2,000 teenagers
in small villages 2,000 teenagers
in big cities
Take out the trash 1,600 1,000
Sweep the floor 1,200 850
Make the bed 1,400 750
Do the dishes 1,000 400
Fold the clothes 900 1,100
1. Fewer than ___ teenagers in big cities sweep the floor.
A. 450 B. 750 C. 800 D. 900
2. The number of teenagers ___ in big cities is bigger than that in small villages.
A. making the bed B. taking out the trash
C. folding the clothes D.doing the dishes
3. There are around 3,500 teenagers in total from the cities and villages who ___.
A. take out the trash and do the dishes
B. sweep the floor and make the bed
C. make the bed and do the dishes
D. do the dishes and fold the clothes
I. 1. developing; developed 2. need 3. unfair 4. means 5. swept 6. to find 7. not to get 8. drink 9. taking 10. to save
Ⅱ. 1. sat; came over 2. as tired as 3. waste of their time 4. As a result; falls; drops 5. angry with 6. was snowing; took off 7. so that; catch 8. are dressed in; celebrate 9. are chasing after 10. was/is writing; while; were/are playing
Ⅲ. DDADB CDBCC
课件 w ww.5 y kj.Co m