1. What was the weather like in Beijing last Friday?
A. B. C.
2. What is the boy going to do first?
A. B. C.
3. When is Tom’s birthday?
A. B. C.
4. What are they talking about?
A. B. C.
5. Where can the woman be?
A. At a library. B. At the doctor’s. C. At a bookshop.
6. How often does Jack work on his Happy and Happy?
A. Never. B. Once a week. C. Every day.
7. Where was Ann last night?
A. At home. B. At school. C. In the cinema.
8. What’s the relationship (关系) between the two speakers?
A. Teacher and student. B. Father and daughter. C. Husband and wife.
9. When did William begin to skate according to the conversation?
A. Four years ago. B. Five years ago. C. Six years ago.
10. Why didn’t Cindy come to Lily’s birthday party?
A. Because she was ill.
B. Because Lily didn’t invite her.
C. Because she forgot it.
11. Where did the fire happen?
A. In a school. B. At a hotel. C. At a shop.
12. Who was hurt?
A. Some students. B. No one. C. Many people.
Why is hiking popular?
Reason 1 healthy and relaxing
good exercise without 13
Reason 2 simple and cheap
what you need to do: wear a pair of 14 and a smile on your face
Reason 3 can help you get away from your 15
can make you energetic and confident
13. A. running B. jumping C. hurting
14. A. glasses B. boots C. trousers
15. A. daily life B. strange feelings C. bad habits
16. Where does Miss Lin work?
A. In a police station. B. In a restaurant. C. In a school.
17. How does Miss Lin go to work every day?
A. On foot. B. By bus. C. By bike.
18. Why did nobody help the old lady when she cried for help?
A. Because no other people were in the street.
B. Because the bad man was very strong.
C. Because the people there were not very friendly.
19. What did Miss Lin do to help the lady?
A. She hit the bad man. B. She called the police.
C. She shouted at the bad man.
20. What is Miss Lin like, according to the story?
A. Honest and friendly. B. Strong and helpful. C. Brave and clever.
二、单项选择 从下列每题所给的四个选项中, 选择一个最佳答案。(共20小题；每小题1分，满分20分)
21. —Here is _____international call for you, Lily.
—Thank you. ________ call is from my aunt.
A. a; The B. the; The C. an; A D. an; The
22. —Do you know what to do first if I burn myself?
—You should keep your hand ______ cold water and then cover it ______ a clean towl.
A. on; with B. above; by C. in; with D. across; of
23. There are ______ visitors to the wetland park, and the number is becoming ______ now.
A. thousand of; larger and larger B. thousands of; more and more
C. thousands of; larger and larger D. thousand of; more and more
24. Jack used to be a lazy boy. We all hope ______ hard at his lessons now.
A. he to work B. him to work C. to working D. he can work
25. We should do what we can ________ the hunters ________ the animals.
A. to prevent; killing B. to prevent; to kill
C. prevent; killing D. prevent; to kill
26. —________ does the girl over there weigh?
—Her ________ is 50kg．
A. How heavy; weigh B. How many; weight
C. How much; weight D. How much; weigh
27. The sentence structure of “I saw some kids kicking the ball.” is _____________.
A. S+V+IO+DO B. S+V+DO+OC C. S+V D. S+V+O
28. — Will it be sunny this afternoon?
— It _____________fine. Who knows? The weather always changes quickly.
A. must be B. will be C. may be D. maybe
29. Last year, our country ______ lots of food ______ that African(非洲的) country to help the poor people there.
A. gave; for B. provided; with C. provided; for D. offered; for
30. —How do you come to school?
—By bike. Taking a bus may _______ much money. And walking _______ too much time.
A. take; pays B. cost; takes C. pay; spends D. pay; takes
31. — Simon, I called you at about 7:00 p.m. yesterday, but you didn’t answer it.
— Sorry. I ______ with my cousin in the supermarket and it was really noisy.
A. am shopping B. was shopping C. shopped D. will shop
32. — _____ will the weather ______ tomorrow?
— I hope it will be _______. There are many wet clothes at home.
A. What; be like; sunny B. What; be; cloudy
C. How; be like; fine D. How; be; snowy
33. —Jiangyan, our hometown, ________ an area of 987 square kilometers. Do you know ______ from Taizhou to Jiangyan?
—It’s nearly half an hour’s driving.
A. covers; how soon is it B. takes; how often is it
C. includes; how long it is D. covers; how far it is
34. —Many people like using WeChat now.
—Yes. WeChat makes ______ easier for friends to contact with(联系) each other.
A. it B. that C. this D. them
35. —How many cranes did you see on the lake last Sunday?
—_________. They all flew to the south last month.
A. Nothing B. Nobody C. No one D. None
36. Suzy was making a snowman _______ Kitty was standing beside her.
A. when B. while C. until D. before
37. —I fell off the bike and hurt my leg yesterday.
—_______. Be careful next time.
A. Never mind B. No problem
C. I’m sorry to hear that D. What bad news
38. his way out, he tried to move through the dark.
A. To find B. Find C. Finding D. Finds
39. — I think cycling isn’t as exciting as climbing.
— That’s because you can’t ride well. _________, both of them are interesting.
A. In fact B. As a result
C. By the way D. In the beginning
40. — it is!
—Yes. It is almost pouring.
A. What a heavy rain B. How a heavy rain
C. What heavy rainy D. How heavy rainy
三、完形填空 阅读短文, 从每题所给选项中选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。(共15小题；每小题1分，满分15分)
Ivan sat on the floor covered with sand deep down in the sea. He was bored and 41 . He watched other pretty fish swimming in and out of rocks. They were laughing and dancing
42 . “ Why am I so different?” he said to himself.
“You are an octopus(章鱼), Ivan. That is special.” The sweet 43 of Peter, a beautiful white dolphin, 44 made Ivan feel better. Ivan looked up at the white dolphin and smiled. Peter said,“Let’s play games 45 .”
They were having a lot of 46 and they didn’t know they swam far from home. Suddenly Peter saw a large shark(鲨鱼) swimming next to them, “It is Big White …... the biggest, most 47 shark in the sea,” he shouted to Ivan. Peter looked at Big White 48 . Peter was very afraid and he couldn’t 49 . Just at this moment, Big White rushed down towards 50 . An 51 came to Ivan. He quickly sprayed(喷) a very dark cloud of black water to the shark’s eyes. Then Ivan and Peter swam away 52 got home safely.
“Are you OK?” asked Ivan. “Yes. That was the most interesting trip ever! You saved me just now, I am lucky to have you as my 53 !” Ivan’s face turned red. “I guess being different
54 others can be so cool sometimes,” Ivan said. “That is what I try to 55 you,” Peter said.
41. A. happy B. unhappy C. nervous D. trapped
42. A. in the river B. in the lake C. in the sea D. on the beach
43. A. sound B. noise C. shout D. voice
44. A. seldom B. always C. sometimes D. never
45. A. together B. instead C. as well D. also
46. A. trouble B. care C. shame D. fun
47. A. kind B. terrible C. friendly D. small
48. A. hopefully B. hopelessly C. carefully D. carelessly
49. A. walk B. fly C. swim D. run
50. A. me B. you C. her D. them
51. A. idea B. action C. ability D. example
52. A. and B. but C. or D. after
53. A. pet B. family C. friend D. listener
54. A. with B. about C. as D. from
55. A. tell B. play C. ask D. buy
四、阅读理解 阅读下列短文, 根据短文内容选择最佳答案。(共15小题；每小题2分，满分30分)
When I was fourteen years old, I made my first visit to the United States. It wasn’t the first time I had been abroad (Like many English children, I often went to France). So when I went to America, I thought I would have a nice easy holiday without any language problems.
How wrong I was! The misunderstanding(误解) began at the airport. I was looking for a public telephone to tell my American friend Danny that I had arrived. A friendly old man saw me looking lost and asked if he could help me.
“Yes,” I said, “I want to give my friend a ring.”
“Well, that’s nice,” he said, “Are you getting married? But aren’t you too young?”
“Who is talking about marriage(婚姻)?” I replied, “I only want to give my friend a ring to tell him I’ve arrived. Can you tell me where there is a phone box?”
“Oh,” he said, “there is a phone downstairs.”
When at last we met, Danny explained the misunderstanding to me.
“Don’t worry,” he said to me, “I had so many difficulties at first. There are lots of words which Americans use differently in meaning from British people. You’ll soon get used to all the funny things they say. Most of the time, British and American people understand each other.”
56. The writer was from _________.
A. Japan B. France C. America D. England
57. The writer thought ________ in America at first.
A. he wouldn’t have any language problems
B. he would be lost and he had to call the police for help
C. he wouldn’t understand the Americans
D. he would have a terrible holiday
58. The writer wanted to ________ at the airport.
A. have a meal B. buy a map C. call his friend D. find an old man
59. According to the friendly old man, “give somebody a ring” means “_____”.
A. make a telephone call to somebody B. be going to get married
C. buy a telephone for somebody D. ask somebody to wear a ring
60. The underlined word “they” refers to ________.
A. the old man and the boy B. the British
C. the French D. the Americans
Ren Kexin is preparing a Christmas gift for her best friend. It is a cross-stitch (十字绣). Making the gift takes up a lot of her free time.
“I’m interested in making gifts myself,” said the Grade 10 girl, “and I believe my friend will like it very much.”
Many Chinese students make gifts instead of buying them. Ren is one of them. A DIY gift is not only cheaper but also interesting to make and it has a special meaning.
Teenagers also make other gifts like bracelets (手链), Chinese knots (中国结). “Gift shops may sell many of them, but any gift you make yourself is unique (独一无二的),” Zheng Ruobing, a 16-year-old girl said. She once made a cross-stitch for an American teacher. Her teacher was excited with it.
However, not all students are DIY fans. Luo Dinghan thinks making gifts is a waste of time. “I often buy gifts for my friends, as time is more important than money,” he said, “And some gifts you get from stores are much more beautiful.”
61. The report says that making a DIY gift may_____________.
A. be easy B. be boring C. take much time D. cost much
62. The report tells many good points of DIY gifts except (除了) that ________________.
A. they are interesting to make B. they have special meanings
C. they are cheap to make D. they look very beautiful
63. Zheng Ruobing ____________ her American teacher.
A. made a cross-stitch for B. bought a bracelet for
C. made a Chinese tie for D. got a cross-stitch from
64. The Chinese meaning for the underlined word “waste” should be _____________.
A. 珍惜 B. 浪费 C. 投资 D. 节约
65. Luo Dinghan thinks ______________.
A. gifts from stores cost more money B. money is more important than time
C. DIY is a waste of time
D. DIY gifts can be more popular than gifts from stores
An old man was fishing on the bank of a river. A child came to see him fishing. The old man was really good at fishing and it didn’t take long for him to catch a full basket of fish. The old man saw that the child was very cute, and he wanted to give her a whole basket of fish. But the child shook her head. The old man was surprised and asked, “Why don’t you want the fish?”
The child answered, “I want the fishing rod(竿) in your hands.”
The old man asked, “Why do you want the rod?”
“It doesn’t take long to eat all the fish in a basket. But if I have the fishing rod, I can go fishing by myself and I won’t be afraid of not having any more fish to eat.”
I think you will certainly say that the child is very smart. Wrong! If she doesn’t know how to fish, she can not have fish to eat, even though(尽管) she has the fishing rod. It’s useless to only have a fishing rod. Fishing skills are the most important, not the fishing rod.
Too many people think that if they have a “fishing rod” in their life, they will no longer fear(害怕)the wind and rain. They are just like the child, who thought that if she had a fishing rod, she would have fish to eat.
66. The old man was fishing on the bank of ___________.
A. a river B. a lake C. a pool D. a stream
67. Why did the child refuse(拒绝) the fish the old man gave her?
A. Because she didn’t like fish. B. Because she wanted his fishing rod.
C. Because the old man had few fish. D. Because she wanted to learn fishing skills.
68. The writer thought the child was _______ after she explained why she didn’t want the fish.
A. smart B. hard-working C. silly(傻的) D. creative(有创造力的)
69. The article mainly tell us ____________.
A. if you have a “fishing rod” in your life, you won’t be afraid of anything
B. if you have a fishing rod, you’ll have a lot of fish to eat
C. “fishing skills” are more important than “the fishing rod” in life
D. “the fishing rod” is more important than the fish that people catch
70. What is the best title for the article?
A. The Fishing Rod B. The Fishing Man
C. The Fishing Girl D. The Fishing Experience
We live in a world full of many different kinds of people. We want to get along well with others. We also want to be liked by others. The following ways will make others like you.
Do This and You’ll Be Welcome Anywhere
Become really interested in other people. A show of interest must be true. It must bring good results to the person showing the interest, but also to the person receiving the attention. It is a two-way street—both of you get an advantage.
A Simple Way to Make a Good First Impression（印象）
Smile as often as possible. Your smile is a sign of kindness. When someone feels stressed from his or her teachers or parents, your smile is like the sun breaking through the clouds, your smile can help him or her realize that all is hopeful—that there is still joy in the world.
If You Don’t Do This, You Are Getting Into Trouble
Remember a person’s name. A person’s name is the sweetest and the most important sound in any language. We should realize the magic in a name. The name makes the person different from others; it makes him or her special among all others . If you remember a person’s name, the relationship between both of you will become much closer.
An Easy Way to Become a Good Talker
Be a careful listener first. Ask questions that other persons will like to answer. Encourage them to talk about themselves and their achievements. What you need to do is just to listen, because people are much more interested in themselves.
71 to make people like you
Become really 72 in others Your show of interest must be true.
It must 73 good results to both of you.
Smile as often as possible Your smile is a sign of 74 .
Your smile makes others realize that all is 75 .
Remember a person’s 76 A person’s name makes him or her 77 from others.
A person’s name is the sweetest and the most important sound in all 78 .
Listen 79 first You ask questions that others enjoy 80 .
Encourage them to talk about themselves and their achievements.
81. The birds don’t have enough food to eat because _______________(渔夫) keep fishing there.
82. The little girl will travel ___________ (在国外) to learn more about art.
83. The restaurant is open every day ___________(除了) Monday.
84. The food is very delicious! I can’t ___________(描述) how much I like it.
85. As we know, giant pandas live ___________(主要地) on a special kind of bamboo.
86. __________(luck), I fell down from my bike and hurt my left leg.
87. When we have trouble, our teachers always give us a lot of useful __________(advise).
88. The Greens ____________(plan) where to go at this time yesterday.
89. ________ (shake) hands with each other when meeting for the first time is polite.
90. Jerry was so careless that he gave an __________(correct) answer at last.
91. My uncles and their____（wife）have taught English in this school for many years.
92. Nobody can work this Maths problem out ___________ (easy).
93. —How was your trip to Beijing World Park?
—Tommy and I really enjoyed ___________(we).
94. It is a sunny, hot day today with the temperature in the ___________(thirty).
95. The wind is____________ (blow) hard outside now. The sound makes us feel afraid.
96. The boy goes to the bookstore once a week. （对画线部分提问）
________ ________ does the boy go to the bookstore？
97. He spent 200 yuan on the nice suit last winter. （保持句意基本不变）
The nice suit ________ _______ 200 yuan last winter.
98. It is important for kids to imagine freely. （改为感叹句）
_________ _________ it is for kids to imagine freely！
99. I don’t like going on a picnic. I like going hiking. （合并为一句）
I like going hiking _______ _______ going on a picnic.
100. Mr. Zhang asked us when we should go to dance classes. （改为简单句）
Mr. Zhang asked us _________ _________ go to dance classes.
There is a Chinese s 101 about an old farmer who had an old horse for farming. One day the h 102 escaped (逃脱)into the hills and, when all the other neighbours took p 103
on the old man over his bad luck, the farmer replied, “Bad luck? Good luck? Who knows?”
A week later, the horse returned w 104 a lot of wild horses from the hills. This time the neighbours congratulated(祝贺) the farmer on his good l 105 . His reply was the s 106 , “Bad luck? Good luck? Who knows?”
Then when the farmer’s son was going to train one of the wild horses, he f 107 off its back and broke his leg. Everyone t 108 this was very bad luck, but not the farmer, whose only reply was, “Bad luck? Good luck? Who knows?”
Some weeks later, the army came into the village and made every healthy man j 109 the
army(军队). When they saw the farmer’s son with his leg b 110 , they let him off. Now was that good luck? Who knows?
个性 幽默 （自由发挥一点）
爱好 Travelling 上周参加了学校去世界公园(the World Park)的郊游。
DIY 对DIY 着迷，阅读了很多关于DIY 的书
How are you? I’m writing to introduce my best friend Simon to you.
_________________________________________________________________________________________ _________________________________________________________________________ Yours