Unit 3 I’m more outgoing than my sister
Section B 3a —Self Check
1. 乔(Joe)和我跳得一样高。 (as ... as)
2. 拨打446-3801找米勒(Miller)先生获取更多信息。 (information)
3. 劳拉(Laura)没有卡伦(Karen)友好。 (friendly)
4. 我的头发比辛迪(Cindy)的头发长得多。 (a lot, long)
5. 你对老人很有一套吗？ (be good with)
laugh, necessary, kid, quiet, care about, serious, heart, well
Simon was very poor. On a cold morning, he was so hungry that he decided to ask others for something to eat.
A young woman gave him a large glass of milk. He drank it slowly, and said (1)________, “I've no money to pay for it.” The woman said, “My (2)________! Mom always teaches me (3)________ others. So it's not (4)________ for you to pay for it.” Simon thanked her from the bottom (底部) of his (5)________.
Years later, Simon became a great doctor. That woman became old and ill. At the hospital Simon recognized (认出) her. He decided to try his best to help her.
Simon visited her every day but she wasn't happy. Then Simon had a (6)________ talk with her. “Madam, you look (7)________ than before. Why aren't you happy?” The woman said, “I've no money to pay for the medicine.” Simon (8)________, “Don't worry. You paid it with a glass of milk.”
Section B 3a—Self Check
Ⅰ. 1. Joe jumps as high as me.
2. Call Mr. Miller at 446-3801 for more information.
3. Laura is less friendly / isn't friendlier / more friendly than Karen. 或 Laura isn't as / so friendly as Karen.
4. My hair is a lot longer than Cindy's.
5. Are you good with old people?
Ⅱ. 1. quietly 2. kid 3. to care about 4. necessary
5. heart 6. serious 7. better 8. laughed