1. What does the woman think of the film last night?
A. B. C.
2. Which place may Lucy visit during her holiday?
A. B. C.
3. What was the weather like yesterday afternoon?
A. B. C.
4. Which bird does Susan like best?
5. How old is Betty’s sister?
A. Fourteen. B. Twelve. C. Ten.
6. What will the woman probably do?
A. Take a good rest. B. Take a long walk. C. Go to the country.
7. Which club is the man looking for?
A. The Film Club. B. The Dance Club. C. The Drama Club.
8. What do we know about Jenny?
A. She was poor at her lessons. B. She did well in her lessons.
C. She didn’t get her school report.
9. Where does this conversation most probably take place?
A. In a shop. B. In a school. C. In a restaurant.
10. What’s the man doing?
A. He is looking for a policeman. B. He is on his way home. C. He is asking the way.
11. What do they know about Yunnan?
A. It’s a large place with many people. B. It’s a nice place.
C. It’s too far away and the weather is bad.
12. How will they get more information about the travel?
A. By going to the travel agency. B. By reading newspapers.
C. By watching TV.
Name Marry Lee
Interests Watching 13 and reading.
More important information 14 .
Part-time job 15 .
13. A. movies B. music C. sport
14. A. Swim well B. Speak English well C. Play the violin well
15. A. A newspaper reporter B. An English teacher C. A doctor
16. When is the trip going to start?
A. At 8:10. B. At 7:50. C. At 8:30.
17. Why do the students go to the zoo?
A. Because they like playing games in the zoo.
B. Because they want to study and help the animals.
C. Because there aren’t any animals in the museum.
18. What can they do to help the animals?
A. They can do a bird count. B. They can feed the animals.
C. they can give some money.
19. Does Daniel like to study in the zoo?
A. Yes, he thinks he can learn a lot. B. No, he likes playing games better.
C. No, but he doesn’t like the park either.
20. What does Millie think of studying animals?
A. She thinks it helpful if she studies animals in the zoo.
B. She thinks playing games in the park is better than studying animals.
C. She thinks it boring to study animals.
21. —Have you heard about hot word “GeYou lying”?
—Yes. But I think it is unhealthy lifestyle.
A. a; the B. the; an C. an; the D. the; a
22. —Tom, how about your trip to Jinshan Park?
—Not very good. Because our car on the way.
A. put down B. turned down C. broke down D. calmed down
23. Look! There are many in the sky. I think it will be tomorrow.
A. cloud, cloudy B. cloudy, cloud C. clouds, cloudy D. cloudy, cloudy
24. At that moment, Suzy and Kitty were building a snowman, Millie was taking photos.
A. when B. while C. until D. after
25. —You look very tired. Why not a rest?
—Well, I have to fight the clock.
A. stop having B. stop to have C. to stop to have D. to stop having
26. Some wild animals are . We should do something them.
A. in danger; to protect B. in danger; protecting
C. in dangerous; protecting D. out of danger; to protect
27. My doctor advises me too much sugar. It’s bad for my teeth.
A. don’t eat B. not to eat C. not eat D. not eating
28. You should study hard. No one can a good future you.
A. provide, with B. provide, for C. prevent, from D. offer, for
29. He didn’t listen to the teacher carefully. , he couldn’t do his homework.
A. As a result B. As usual C. For example D. Even though
30. —May I play football with my friends now, mum?
—No, you . You must clean your room first.
A. needn’t B. may not C. shouldn’t D. can’t
31. You can call me 0511-51234567 or e-mail me Millie email@example.com.
A. on, at B. at, on C. by, on D. on, by
32. During the after-school activities, some students are playing happily in the playground while the rest doing their homework in the classroom.
A. is B. are C. was D. were
33. I felt a bit last night and then I fell quickly.
A. sleepy; asleep B. asleep; asleep C. sleepy; sleepy D. asleep; sleepy
34. “I saw him giving his seat to the old man .” The sentence structure is .
A. S+V+IO+DO B. S+V C. S+V+P D. S+V+DO+OC
35. — ?
— He is kind and humorous. We all like him.
A. How do you think of your maths teacher B. What does your maths teacher like
C. What do you like about your maths teacher D. How do you like your maths teacher
It was a cold winter snowy morning after the winter vacation. And it was my first day at my new school. I was walking alone slowly and 36 about lots of things. It was early and there weren’t many people on the road. Suddenly a girl 37 her bike on ice. She was trying hard to 38 but fell again. Without thinking, I went over and helped her. She said “thank you” with a smile and then rode 39 . Her words warmed me a lot.
Finally, I got to school. The teacher took me to the 40 and introduced me to the class. Then he asked me to sit down beside a girl. I felt so 41 that I didn’t dare to look at her. Soon the first class, English, started. Their textbook was different 42 that in my old school. As I was thinking about 43 to do, an English appeared in front of me. “Let’s 44 ,” the girl beside me said. “Hi, I’m Carrie.” I looked up. It was the 45 I helped that morning. Later on, we became good friends.
From that I learned—to help others is actually to help ourselves!
36. A. worrying B. talking C. learning D. looking
37. A. fell down B. fell into C. fell over D. fell from
38. A. lie down B. look around C. get up D. turn around
39. A. back B. away C. inside D. outside
40. A. office B. school C. class D. hall
41. A. nervous B. sad C. bored D. excited
42. A. as B. about C. with D. from
43. A. how B. where C. what D. why
44. A. share B. stop C. open D. think
45. A. boy B. teacher C. worker D. girl
Sometimes I feel lonely,
Like I’m by myself with no one here.
When I’m that way, I call a friend.
My lonely moods(心情) soon disappear (消失).
Sometimes I feel excited,
Like I have some news I have to share!
My friends open their ears to me.
They always listen, talk, and ▲ .
Sometimes I feel so sad,
Like my world is cold and darkest blue.
At those times my friends let me know
They’re with me, standing strong and true.
Sometimes I feel mixed-up,
Like I just don’t know how I should feel.
My friends then help me figure out
What’s right and wrong, what’s false and real!
46. Please think of a word to finish the sentence “They always listen, talk, and _________”.
A. care B. read C. dance D. sing
47. What does “figure out” mean?
A. Look out. B. Feel better. C. Say something true. D. Find out.
48. Which feeling is NOT mentioned(提及) in the poem?
A. Excitement. B. Anger. C. Sadness. D. Loneliness.
Many animals do strange things before an earthquake. This news may be important. Earthquakes can kill people and knock down houses. Animals may help to save lives.
Some animals make a lot of noise before an earthquake. Farmers know about this. Dogs that are usually quiet start to bark. Horses on farms run around in circles. Mice leave their holes and run away. Cows give less milk.
In a town in Italy, cats raced down the street in a group. That happened only a few hours before an earthquake. In San Francisco, a man kept tiny pet frogs. One Sunday, the frogs jumped around more than ever. They made loud noise. That night, an earthquake struck the city. People want to know when an earthquake is coming. Then they could get away safely. Right now, there is no sure way to know ahead of time. Maybe the best way is to watch the animals.
49. This story is mostly about __________.
A. how animals act before an earthquake B. how an earthquake starts
C. how mice leave their homes D. when an earthquake begins
50. Before an earthquake, the frogs __________.
A. sing B. leave their homes
C. jumped around a lot D. become quiet
51. According to the passage, there were earthquakes in __________.
A. most countries B. Italy and San Francisco
C. Chicago and Spain D. all the western countries
Hello, my name is Sabrina. I was around lightning while taking a hike in the Grand Canyon (大峡谷), but I was safe because I knew the following trips.
If there is a thunderstorm, try to find a low place to stay in until the storm is over. You can also go into a nearby building or a car. Make sure that the windows of it are closed.
Do not stand under a tree and use the umbrella with metal things.
If the lightning is around you, do a “lightning couch”! Squat down(蹲下) with your heels(脚后跟) together and put your hands over your ears. Remember not to lie down.
During a thunderstorm, stay away from anything that is made of metal such as TVs, fridge because lightning can come into the house through wires(电线).
When there is a thunderstorm outside, don’t stand near the windows. And don’t take a bath when there is a thunderstorm.
Never use the phone during a thunderstorm, because lighting can hit the phone line and travel through the line and hit you.
52. If you want to do a “lightning couch”, you mustn’t __________.
A. squat down B. lie down
C. put your hands over your ears D. make sure your heels touch together
53. When it thunders, you needn’t be away from a __________ in your house. A. fridge B. computer C. TV D. sofa
54. Which is TRUE according to the passage?
A. We can take a bath during the thunderstorm.
B. We can use phones during the thunderstorm.
C. We cannot stand near the windows during the thunderstorm.
D. We can use an umbrella with metal things during the thunderstorm.
55. What’s the best title of the passage?
A. What is lightning? B. What should we do if anybody is hit by lightning?
C. The danger of lightning. D. How to protect yourself from lightning.
56. Snakes seldom hurt people and always sleep /θru:/ the winter.
57. People looked at the robber (抢劫犯) in /fiə/ when he broke into the bank.
58. As soon sa he went into the room,the dog (摇动)him self.
59. Yancheng Nature Reserve is in Jiang Su Province, you’ll (容易地)find it on the map.
60. As soon as the super star arrived, every fan was (兴奋的).
61. Every year, many (tour) come to Zhenjiang to enjoy the beauty of the famous parks.
62. Bears are always (active) during the winter, they just eat and sleep.
63. Timmy and Tim are good friends and they keep their secrets to (they).
64. Look, how (comfortable) he is sitting on the hard stone!
65. We should make laws to prevent people (hunt) wild animals.
66. Max is the tallest boy in his class. (改为同义句)
Max is taller than boy in his class.
67. Jeff cut the cake into two pieces to share with his brother. (对划线部分提问)
_________ _________ Jeff cut the cake into two pieces?
68. Zhenjiang is South of Jiangsu. (改为同义句)
Zhenjiang is the of Jiangsu.
69. Millie is making paper roses at home. (用at 8 a.m. yesterday改写)
Millie ________ _______ paper roses at 8 a.m. yesterday.
70. We’d better go to the zoo by bike. (改为否定句)
We’d better ________ _________ to the zoo by bike.
Everybody wants to learn English well but many find it not easy. I’m here to share my ideas about learning English with you.
For some students, to remember new words is a big problem. In fact, words always come along with sentences, so you can understand words in sentences. And you’d better review them now and then, or you will forget them easily.
When reading, I like to write some special and important phrases down in the notebook to remember them well and use them in my next reading. Studying by using is a good way to learn English.
After class, I go to the library sometimes. There are many books, newspapers and magazines in English. I usually read some of them for a long time there. It helps me a lot with my reading.
At school, at the weekend, I go to the English club to talk with others in English. I am used to improving my oral English in this way.
Do you know CCTV-10? I think it is meaningful to watch it whenever it’s possible. I like the programme called Outlook best. In it, some teachers or scholars(学者) talk about helpful learning skills.
We still have so much to learn about English. Never give up, and you’ll succeed one day.
My 71 about learning English
72 new words is difficult. Understand words in 73 .
Review them now and then, or you will forget them easily.
Reading skills are important. Write some special and important phrases down in the notebook in 74 to remember them well and use them in my next reading.
Studying by 75 is a good way.
Going to the library is 76 . There are many books, newspapers
and 77 in English in the library.
Going to the English club is useful. I go to the English club to talk with
78 students in English.
Watching CCTV-10 is meaningful. Watch it 79 it’s possible.
Outlook is my 80 programme.
Never give up, and you’ll be successful one day.
Some girls of my age like stars like TF boys, and boys are crazy about basketball players. They think heroes need to be handsome, strong, rich or very clever.
But for me, a hero always h 81 others in trouble. My hero is Uncle Bruce. His father is a worker. Uncle Bruce is the e 82 son in his family and he has four younger brothers and sisters. He was not good at his school lessons. He had to l 83 school at a very young age. He worked and gave all his money to his parents.
When he was older, he found that he was good at r 84 things. He was very interested in it, too. He collected broken things and fixed them into g 85 ones. Slowly, he could fix a 86 everything that did not work. He worked hard and never gave up. Finally, he o 87 his own shop. It took him about 20 years to become a successful shopkeeper.
Now, he is very rich and has a 88 four shops. But Uncle Bruce never forgets the day when he had nothing. He gives money to poor families, gives poor kids books to read and offers them f 89 meals. He also encourages people to reuse things. As he always says, “Make good use of what you have b 90 we have only one earth.”
姓名 王伟 年龄 15
学校 镇江阳光中学 年级 八年级
身体状况 健康 性格 乐观、诚实、有幽默感
I read your advertisement in the newspaper last Sunday. Now I’m writing to tell you I’d like to become a member of the Birdwatching Club.