UNIT 7 Will people have robots？检测题
A． B. C. D. E.
1. _______ 2. _______ 3. _______ 4. _______ 5. _______
6. A. Because I had to go to school. B. Did you stay at home, too?
C. Because my mother was ill.
7. A. They were delicious. B. They were friendly. C. They are fine.
8. A. Yes, I did. B. No, you didn’t. C. Yes, I do.
9. A. It’s fifty yuan. B. It’s 10 , 000 yuan. C. It’s not cheap.
10. A. Yes, I’d like some apples. B. Yes, I can.
C. No, I don’t need your help.
11. What is the weather like tomorrow?
A. It will be sunny. B. It will be windy. C. It will be rainy.
12. How does the man go to work?
A. By bike. B. On foot. C. By car.
13. What does Tony want to be when he grows up?
A. A worker. B. A teacher. C. A reporter.
14. What’s Jack doing?
A. He is playing with snow.
B. He is walking in the rain.
C. He is running in the wind.
15. What will the family buy?
A. A telephone. B. A television. C. A computer.
Ⅳ. 听短文, 选择最佳答案。短文读两遍。（每小题1分，满分5分）
16. When did the boy go to the science museum in Sha nghai?
A. Last June. B. Last July. C. Last August.
17. What did the robot look like?
A. He had a hand and an eye.
B. He had a hand and two eyes.
C. He had two hands and two eyes.
18. How long could the robot work a day?
A. Twelve hours. B. Twenty hours. C. Twenty-four hours.
19. What could the robot do?
A. Talk with people. B. Show people around.
C. Know people’s health problems.
20. What does the boy hope to do?
A. Make a robot. B. Have a robot. C. Be a doctor.
21. — Where will you live?
— I will live_______ a space station.
A. at B. of C. on D. to
22.（2016•安徽）Many wild animals are _____, and it’s time for us to do whatever we can to protect them.
A. on duty B. on show C. in order D. in danger
23. —What do you usually have for breakfast?
—_______ milk and _______ eggs.
A. A little; a few B. A little; a little
C. A few; a little D. A few; a few
24. Lily is _______ her book, but she can’t ______ it.
A. looking for; find B. finding; look for
C. looking for; look for D. finding; find
25. We plant _ ______trees every year.
A. hundreds of B. hundred of
C. five hundreds D . five hundred of
26. There _______ a football game between Italy and Germany tomorrow morning.
A. will have B. will be C. have D. has been
27. — _______ will he arriv e here?
—In an hour.
A. How long B. How often C. How soon D. How far
28. (2016•沈阳) I think that you need to eat _______ sweets and more fruit.
A. few B. fewer C. little D. less
29. （2016•广东）With the development of science and technology, robot cooks _______ in the future.
A. appear B. appeared C. will appear D. were appearing
30.You’re right. I agree _______ you.
A. to B. on C. with D. at
Robots seem very new to most people. But they have a long history. The 31 one was made by a Greek inventor(发明家). You may 32 robots in some films. The robots in these
33 are stronger, faster and cleverer than people. In real life, most robots are used in factories. They are used to do many dangerous, difficult or boring 34 . Some people can’t look after 35 and robots are used to help them. For example, some people can’t see. Many of these people use a 36 to help them move around. This dog is called a guide dog. 37 are making a robot to help them. In the future, robot dogs 38 take the place of(代替) these guide dogs.
Robots are also 39 in American hospitals. At one hospital, a robot takes meals 40 the kitchen to the sick people’s rooms. It never loses its way because it has a map of the hospital in it s computer system(系统).
In the future, robots will w ork in space. But robots will never take the place of humans. They can help us in a lot of different ways.
31. A. first B. second C. third D. fourth
32. A. look B. watch C. look for D. see
33. A. factories B. apartments C. films D. programs
34. A. chores B. homework C. housework D. jobs
35. A. they B. their C. themselves D. them
36. A. dog B. cat C. parrot D. panda
37. A. Doctors B. Reporters C. Teachers D. Scientists
38. A. must B. might C. have to D. has to
39. A. used B. took C. made D. looked
40. A. with B. to C. from D. for
Do you know the movie I, Robot? It tells us a story about the futur e.
The year is 2035 and robots are just as common as mobile phones. People depend on their robots to do lots of things, for example, babysitting, cooking, doing chores and taking their dogs for a walk. Robots have to obey(听从) humans’ orders, because their designers make them do so. A police officer called Spooner hates robots. He doesn’t think humans can get on well with their robots at all! But the scientist Susan has different opinions. Susan works on robots’ mind and she thinks one day robots will become more powerful(强大的) than humans and help humans to make progress(进步).
When Spooner and Susan work together, they find that something is wrong with the world’s robots. A few robots have their own thoughts and they’re trying to get out of humans’ control(控制)! Of course these robots’ dream doesn’t come true. Humans work hard to control their robots again and they succeed at last.
41. The story will happen(发生) in _______.
A. 2010 B. 2020 C. 2035 D. 2040
42. The phrase “depend on” in th is article means _______.
A. 依靠 B. 悬挂 C. 相信 D. 取决于
43. Spooner is a _______ and Susan is a _______.
A. scientist; professor B. bank clerk; police officer
C. policeman; doctor D. police officer; scientist
44. Susan thinks that one day _______.
A. robots can’t get on well with humans
B. robots will help humans to make progress
C. robots will have t heir own thoughts
D. robots will control the world
45. Which of the following is NOT TRUE according to this arti cle?
A. The movie I, Robot talks about the future.
B. People use their robots to do everything.
C. A few robots want to get out of humans’ control.
D. At last humans succeed in controlling the robots again.
In your last letter you asked me about my plans for the future. First, I will finish high school. Then I will go to college and study to be a doctor. I won’t get married right away because it takes a long time to become a doctor. I want to help sick people. I’m going to learn a lot about illness. Maybe I will find a treatment for cancer. I’ll be famous and I will become very rich.
After I become a succe ssful doctor, I’ll get married. I want to marry an interesting person. For example, my wife might be an artist. We will have a wonderful life together. I think we will have one or two children. Doctors get paid quite a lot so I th ink we will have a nice house. We will travel a lot. I want to visit Australia, Europe, and Africa.
Are these plans or dreams? Do they sound crazy to you? Write soon and tell me about your plans.
( ) 46. John wants to become a doctor.
( ) 47. John wants to get married very soon.
( ) 48. John’s wife won’t be interesting.
( ) 49. John wants to have a lot of children.
( ) 50. John will travel to India.
51. There is much ice. Please be careful, or you’ll f_________ down.
52. People all over the world love _________(和平).
53. The earth is one of the eight ________(行星).
54. There’re many f_________ near here. They pollute the air and water.
55. I don’t understand the article, because there’re so many new w________.
56. I don’t think it’s a good idea. I _______ (agree) with you.
57. It’s _________(danger) to play in the street.
58. It’s _________(possible) for me to finish the work in such a short time.
59. He was surprised by all the ________(pollute) on the beach.
60. She is friendly to others, so she has _______ (many) friends than me.
61. Sally played football yesterday. (用tomorrow改写句子)
Sally _______ _______ football tomorrow.
62. The Greens will go to Hainan Island for vacation. (改为一般疑问句)
_______ the Greens _______ _______ Hainan Island for vacation?
63. There will be more people in our country. (改为否定句)
_______ _______ _______ more people in our country.
64. I will live in Shanghai in ten years. (就画线部分提问)
_______ _______ you live in ten years?
65. Our team seems to win the game. (改为同义句)
_______ _______ _______ our team will win the game.
以 Students’ life in 50 years为题写一篇80词左右的文章，畅想一下未来的学习生活。