1.How did Henry go to Nanjing last week ?
A. B. C.
2.What sign are they talking about?
A. B. C.
3.What did the boy use to do at weekends?
A. B. C.
4.Which charity are they talking about ?
A. B. C.
5. Where did the dialogue probably happen?
A. In the street. B. In a shop. C. In a school.
6. How much is the white shirt?
A. 20 yuan. B. 40 yuan. C. 80 yuan.
7. What does the girl want to drink?
A. Some water. B. Orange juice. C. Apple juice.
8. What did Alice do last night?
A. She went to the movies. B. She watched TV. C. She did her homework.
9. Where are the two speakers now?
A. In a bookstore. B. In a clothing store. C. In a fruit store.
10. What does the woman want to do?
A. She wants to know the time. B. She wants to take a seat. C. She wants to buy a bag.
11. Who are talking on the phone?
A. Tom and Jack. B. Jack and Mrs Brown. C. Tom and Mrs Brown.
12. What are Tom and his friends going to do this Sunday morning?
A. Plant trees. B. Have a party. C. See a film.
13. What’s wrong with Peter?
A. He had a bad cold. B. His arm was broken. C. His leg was broken.
14. Where did the accident happen?
A. In the street. B. In the school. C. In the hospital.
15. How long will Peter have to stay in hospital?
A. A few days. B. A few weeks. C. A few months.
16. Why did the man go to Britain?
A. To study there. B. To work in a restaurant. C. To visit his friend.
17. Why does the man work in the restaurant? Because
A. He likes the job.
B. He wants to get some practical experience.
C. He has to get some money for his life and education.
Life in the Past and Now
What the speaker’s grandpa did with the old radio Listened to 18 .
What the speaker’s grandpa’s new radio looks like It’s 19 .
What the speaker has now A 20 .
18. A. the news B. football matches C. English
19. A. modern B. big C. small
20. A. radio B. computer C. television
21. WWF was started on .?
A. 11 September, 1916 B. 7 September, 1916? C. 11 September,1961?
22. WWF’s work is now.?
A. to save the earth and its environment
?B. to save the world’s wildlife?
C. to stop air pollution?
23. help WWF complete its work.?
A. The earth’s forests? B. Volunteers and donations? C. Animals and plants?
24. WWF’s task is in China.?
A. to save the pandas from disappearance
B. to protect the land from human development
C. to stop air pollution, protect forests and save all plants and animals?
25. WWF works in to save the Amazon Rainforest.?
A. South America? B. North America? C. China?
二、单项选择 从下列每题所给的选项中, 选择一个最佳答案。（共15小题; 每小题1分，计15分）
26. Wu Yishu, ______ 16-year-old girl from Shanghai, won _____ final of this year’s Chinese Poetry Conference(《中国诗词大会》).
A. a; a B. a; the C. the; the D. the; a
27. ______ May 7 local time, Emmanuel Macron(马克龙)won France’s president election.
______ the age of 39, he will be the country’s youngest president.
A. On; In B. On; At C. In; In D. In; At
28. — What do you think of the 14th Guangdong Provincial Games?
— I think it ___________ successfully in Zhanjiang last year.
A. holds B. held C. is held D. was held
29. — We shouldn’t ____________ the trees any more. Instead, we should plant more trees.
— I cannot agree more.
A. cut down B. cut up C. cut off D. cut out
30. — Mike, I haven’t seen your elder sister for a long time.
— She ______ Hong Kong on business for a few days.
A. went to B. has gone to C. has been to D. has been in
31. — great fun it is to go hiking in this season!
— Yeah, you cannot imagine interesting it is if you don’t experience it yourself.
A. What a; how B. What; how C. How a; what D. How; what a
32. ― Look at the dark clouds. I’m afraid it _____ rain soon.
― I think so, and we ______ stay at home now.
A. must; must B. may; have to C. might; must D. could; have to
33. — What do you think of the TV show Readers hosted by Dong Qing?
— Wonderful! I think it is ______ a meaningful TV show that ______ many people like
A. so; so B. so; such C. such; such D. such; so
34. — He seldom spends money buying new clothes or going traveling, ______ he?
— ________. He can’t save a coin, though.
A. does; No B. does; Yes
C. doesn’t; No D. doesn’t; No
35. — I _______ reading English every morning.
— Yes, now English is more and more important. English _________ the first language in England and some other countries.
A. am used to; is used by B. am used to; is used as
C. used to; is used by D. used to; is used as
36. — It’s clever _____ you to help me work out the difficult math problem. Thanks!
— You are welcome. Now it’s easier _______ you to understand it.
A. of; of B. of; for C. for; of D. for; for
37. — Who can help me carry the heavy box?
— I think Ted is __________ to do it. But the door is __________ for him to go through.
A. too strong; too narrow B. so strong; narrow enough
C. enough strong; narrow enough D. strong enough; too narrow
38. — Lisa, I know you’re confident about getting that job but remember __________.
So why don’t you send your application forms to a few more companies?
— Sounds good!
A. don’t put all your eggs in one basket B. the early bird catches the worm
C. actions speak louder than words D. every dog has its day
39. ― It was a wonderful trip. So, which city did you like better, Paris or Rome?
― . There were good things and bad things about them.
A. It’s hard to say B. I didn’t get it
C. You must be kidding D. Couldn’t be better
40. — Tom, is there anything else you want to know about Jiangyan?
— Yes, I am still wondering .
A. how does Jiangyan food taste
B. how many gardens are there in Jiangyan
C. what Renmin Park looks like
D. where is the Jiangyan Railway Station
三、完型填空 阅读短文, 从每题所给选项中选出可以填入空白处的最佳选项。（共15小题; 每小题1分，计15分）
A wise man was walking from one town to another with a few of his followers, and they happened to pass a lake. So they stopped there to 41 for a while, and the wise man said to one of his followers, “I am very 42 . Could you please 43 me some water from the lake?”
The follower walked to the lake 44 the wise man requested. Some people were washing clothes in the water, and right at that moment, several carts (手推车) started crossing the lake. 45 , the water became very muddy(泥泞的).
Then he went back and told the wise man that the water was very muddy and not 46
After they had rested for about half an hour, the wise man again asked the 47
follower to go back to the lake and get him some water to drink. As requested, the follower went to the lake again. This time he found that all the mud had settled(沉淀) to the 48 . The water was very 49 and looked fit to drink. So he 50 his water bottle and took it to the wise man.
The wise man took the water bottle and drank, then looked up at the follower. “See what you did to make the 51 clean?” he said. “You let it be for a while and the mud settled down on its own, 52 you could get some clear drinking water. Your mind can also be like that lake when it is disturbed(被搅乱的) by something. If you just let it be and give it a little
53 , it will most likely settle down on its own 54 being put in any effort(努力) at all to 55 it.”
41. A. rest B. look C. watch D. see
42. A. hungry B. thirsty C. happy D. sad
43. A. get B. give C. take D. carry
44. A. while B. before C. as D. until
45. A. However B. Instead C. In fact D. As a result
46. A. fit B. able C. important D. interesting
47. A. different B. same C. other D. left
48. A. top B. side C. bottom D. lake
49. A. dirty B. clear C. fresh D. sweet
50. A. got B. finished C. reached D. filled
51. A. juice B. water C. food D. drink
52. A. so that B. in order to C. because D. when
53. A. water B. money C. time D. air
54. A. without B. with C. after D. like
55. A. prevent B. calm C. protect D. fix
四、阅读理解 阅读下列短文, 根据短文内容选择最佳答案。（共15小题; 每小题2分，计30分）
China is a country with many colorful days and festivals. The Dragon Head Raising Day (Longtaitou) is one of them.
This special day is on the second day of the second month in the Chinese lunar calendar (阴历). It stands for the start of spring and farming. This year, the day fell on March 10.
The dragon is important in Chinese culture. We Chinese people call ourselves the “descendants (传人) of the dragon”. Therefore, people celebrate the Dragon Head Raising Day with many customs(传统) about dragons.
On the day in ancient times(古代), people put ashes (灰) in the kitchen. This was to “lead the dragon into the house”. People believed that with the help of the dragon, they could have a good harvest (收成) in autumn.
Also, people eat special foods on that day. The foods are usually named after dragons. For example, people eat “dragon whisker (细须)” noodles and dumplings called “dragon teeth”.
Today, many customs have faded away (消退). But one that has remained is the cutting of hair. It was said that a haircut during the first lunar month may bring bad luck to the mother’s brothers. So many people have their hair cut on the Dragon Head Raising Day.
56. The Dragon Head Raising Day is one of the ______ festivals.
A. English B. French C. Chinese D. American
57. ______ was the Dragon Head Raising Day this year.
A. March 10 B. February 2 C. March 4 D. March 8
58. On the day in ancient times, why did people put ashes in the kitchen?
A. Because the dragon liked the ashes.
B. Because the ashes stood for the harvest.
C. Because the ashes led the dragon into the house.
D. Because the ashes could bring good luck.
59. One custom that has remained is ______ according to the passage.
A. the cutting of hair B. the dragon boating C. to eat Zongzi D. to eat mooncakes
60. Which of the following is not true?
A. The Dragon Head Raising Day is on the second day of the second month in the Chinese lunar calendar.
B. The dragon is important in Chinese culture.
C. People eat “dragon whisker” noodles and dumplings called “dragon teeth” on the
Dragon Head Raising Day.
D. The Dragon Head Raising Day stands for the start of spring and harvest.
In films, spies(间谍) are lucky people. They are smart and adventurous. But a real spy’s life is not that exciting. They must live a life of lies. Their work is dangerous and they may have to pay for it with their lives. American spy Nathan Hale (1755-1776) was one of these people.
Why does someone want to be a spy? Some do it for their country. Some for money. Some just love it. Nathan Hale became a spy for the first reason. He lived during the American Revolution (革命). He and his people fought the British army.
In 1774, Hale joined the American army. Before that, he was a school teacher. Two years later, he chose to be a spy. He had to get information from the British army. He went to the city where the British army was staying. He told them that he was a school teacher and wanted to find a new job. As a young spy, Hale didn’t have enough experience. He had told his secret to somebody else. But that person sold him out to the British army. He tried to get information for the American army. Hale finally got something important and decided to go back. He hid some papers in his boots. He went to the river bank and waited for a boat to pick him up. However, British soldiers caught Hale at the river bank and found the papers in his boots.
Hale died on Sept 22, 1776. His final words were: “I only regret(后悔) I have but one life to lose for my country.” He died at the age of 21.
61. Why did Nathan Hale become a spy?
A. For fun. B. For money. C. For himself. D. For his country.
62. What does the underlined word “adventurous” in Paragraph 1mean?
A. 爱撒谎的 B. 爱冒险的 C. 爱冲动的 D. 爱幻想的
63. According to the article, which of the following is TRUE?
A. Nathan Hale was a spy for the British army.
B. Nathan Hale joined the army at the age of 19 years old.
C. Nathan Hale worked as a teacher for 2 years.
D. Nathan Hale had rich experience as a spy.
64. What was the correct order in which these events happened?
①Hale joined the American army.
②Hale got information for the American army.
③British soldiers caught Hale.
④Hale became a school teacher.
⑤Hale told his secret to somebody else.
A. ①④②③⑤ B. ①④②⑤③ C. ④①⑤②③ D. ④①②③⑤
65. What do Nathan Hale’s final words mean?
A. He regretted that he had to die for his country.
B. He felt scared to die at such a young age.
C. He wished to continue working for his country.
D. It’s unfair that his country didn’t bring him a reward.
When you cough or sneeze, you’d better turn your head away from others and cover your mouth with the full part of your hand. And then, you should say, “Excuse me.”
This seems so simple, but it is surprising how many kids have never been told to do this. Actually, I notice adults all the time who cough and sneeze in public without placing a hand over the mouth. One important thing I point out to the kids is that after they sneeze or cough on their hands, they should wash their hands as soon as possible. If not, they will be passing those germs (细菌) along to everything and everyone they touch.
If you come to a door and someone is following you, hold the door. If the door opens by pulling, pull it open, stand to the side, and allow the other person to pass through first, then you can walk through. If the door opens by pushing, hold the door after you pass through.
After a few weeks of seeing kids try to get through doors in the school and watching them enter restaurants as the door hit other people, I knew I had to discuss the problem with my students. Teaching them small acts of kindness, such as letting someone else go through a door first as they hold it open, may seem unimportant, but it can go along way toward helping students realize how to be polite and thank others. Once they’ve been told, they’re halfway there.
When we have to go up moving stairs, we will stand to the right. That will give others who are in a hurry a choice of walking up the left-hand side of the moving stairs. When we are going to enter a lift, the underground, or a doorway, we will wait for others to exit before we enter.
After college when I moved to London, I was surprised at how polite everyone was in the subways. I was even more touched when I traveled to Japan. In both places, people made efforts to make way for others. On moving stairs, everyone stood to the right and walked to the left. On lifts, everyone would stand over to the side and allow others to exit before they would begin to enter.
66. When you cough or sneeze, you should ________.
A. touch everything B. cover your mouth
C. point out to the kids D. pass the germs to others
67. If you come to a door and someone is following you, you’d better _______.
A. hold the door B. pass through C. close the door D. stand to the side
68. Why should we stand to the right of moving stairs?
A. Because it’s dangerous to stand to the left.
B. Because it’s a traffic rule which we must follow.
C. Because we must wait for others to move first.
D. Because we should make way for people in a hurry.
69. From the passage we can know the writer is a ________.
A. doctor B. traveler C. parent D. teacher
70. The passage is mainly about ______.
A. the rules of acts in public B. the ways of communication
C. the problems of meeting people D. the knowledge of social life
五、词汇运用 （共l5小题; 每小题l分，计l5分）
A. 根据句意和汉语提示写出单词, 完成句子。（每空限填一词）
71. It’s a good habit for us to __________ (分开,隔开) the waste into different groups so that it
can be easily recycled.
72. He often does everything _______________(满不在乎地；粗心地). We all think he should
pay attention to details.
73. Many people from different ____________(背景) provide support and help for the disabled.
74. Recently Yangzhou Taizhou Airport has changed its name into Yangzhou Taizhou
__________ Airport. (国际的)
75. UNICEF helps build a better world for everyone, _________(尤其，特别)children around the world.
76. Yuan Longping and Yang Liwei are great national ______________ (hero) of China.
77. The Belt and Road Forum for Cooperation(一带一路合作高峰论坛) is one of ___________ (meaningful) events in the world.
78. Look! Some climbers are trying hard to pull ___________ (they) up the rocks.
79. — Why is your English teacher so angry?
— Because nobody __________ (hand) in their homework.
80. — What’s the matter, Peter?
— Oh, my car broke down and it needs _______________(mend).
81. In 2017 Taizhou ASTC Triathlon Asian Cup(泰州铁人三项亚州杯赛), the Chinese athlete
Chen Lin finished____________(two) who lost by 1 second to the Irish player Benjamin.
82. — Do you know a charity show was held by the ___________ (student) Union last week?
— Sorry, I have no idea.
83. By scanning the QR code(二维码), WeChat has made a great difference to__________(shop)
on the phone.
84. A large army of students rushed out of the classroom __________ (noise) after the bell rang.
85. Eternal Love(《三生三世十里桃花》), a popular Chinese web novel, _________ (translate) into English and been popular among foreigners.
六、任务型阅读 阅读短文，完成表格，每空一词。（共10小题, 每空1分，计10分）
Some students, parents and teachers in Shanghai were surveyed(调查) last month. According to the result of the survey, the generation gap (代沟) between students and parents as well as teachers is becoming wider. Here is what they said.
Voice of the students
“Our parents hold too high expectations which put us under lots of pressure（压力）. They care too much about our lives and studies,” one student said.
“It’s impolite that some students’ parents read their children’s diaries without permission!” one student said angrily.
“Some of our teachers are so serious that we can’t make friends with them at all,” another student said sadly.
Voice of the parents
One mother said, “After school, my daughter usually locks herself into her room and spends lots of time talking with others on the phone. And I can’t stand her clothes and hairstyle!”
“I thought my son was doing very well in his studies. I didn’t realize I was being cheated(欺骗) by him until I got a call from his teacher,” said a father.
Voice of the teachers
An English teacher said, “Today, the role of the teacher is to put knowledge into students’ brain. The power (权力) teachers have kept students away from them.”
“Some parents pay too much attention to their children’s grades. They never create a lively and colorful environment at home,” another teacher said.
“In the past, teachers and students often played games together or talked with each other. Today, only studies and grades are talked about,” said a teacher.
Voice of scientists
Scientists say that a school should be a place where students can learn not only knowledge, but also how to face failure bravely enough.
The generation gap (代沟) 86_________ students and parents as well as teachers
Voice of the students ● Parents expect us too much and 87________ too much about our lives and studies.
● It’s not 88_______ of our parents to read our diaries without permission.
● Some of our teachers are so 89_________ that we can’t make friends with them at all.
Voice of the 90____ ● Some children keep themselves 91________ in their own rooms and only chat with others on the phone after school.
● Some children 92_________ to us until we get a call from the teachers.
● We can’t stand their clothes and hairstyle.
Voice of the teachers ● The power teachers have kept students away from them.
● Some parents pay too much attention to their children’s grades instead of 93_________ a lively and colorful environment at home.
● We 94__________to play games together with our students or talk with each other. Today, only studies and grades are talked about.
Voice of scientists ● At school students should not only learn knowledge, but also learn to be 95__________ when they face failure.
七、阅读表达 阅读短文，根据其内容简略回答问题。（共5小题, 每小题2分，计10分）
In a cold winter, a couple had to move out from the luxury (豪华的) house because of bankruptcy（破产）. The husband worked day and night to support the family but with no care of his wife. So she thought, “He doesn’t love me any more. He just cares about his business ...... not me”.
One day, she began to take a bath, but he stopped her at the door, “Let me take it first, okay?”
“Why not let me shower first,” she asked.
“I was tired, sweetie! You take it later, okay?” She was totally discouraged.(泄气的)
On a tiring day, she found nothing to do and turned on his computer, a few words blurred(使…模糊)her eyes. It was his diary:
Today, I was quite sad. She asked me why I was always taking the bath first, and I said to her that I was tired out. She was unhappy, in her mind, to think I treated her not as well as usual. But what can I do? I was not as rich as before! We moved to the small apartment, and there was only a shower in the bathroom. It was so cold to take a shower in such a freezing winter. But I found that if one person took the shower first, the room could get warmer, so every time I rushed to the bathroom first. I was thinking that, when she took the shower, the room would get warmer, at least 1℃, 2℃ or 3℃. Now I can’t give her comfortable life, bring her the luxury restaurant, buy expensive dresses for her, but at least, I can give her 1℃ love.
After reading the diary, the wife was deeply moved.
根据上面的短文，回答问题：(No more than five words)
96. When did the couple move into the small apartment?
97. Why did the husband work day and night?
98. What did the husband do one day when the wife began to take a bath?
99. Why did the husband take shower first every time?
100. How did the wife know the husband’s real reason for taking shower first?
八、短文填空 根据短文内容及首字母提示，补全空格内单词，使短文完整、通顺。（共10小题；每空1分，计 10分）
Indian movies hit in China
Hollywood movies seem to be China’s favourite movies. But that is not always the case. Recently an Indian movie has become very p 101 .
The movies called Dangal (摔跤吧！爸爸) c 102 out on May 5. In less than five days, it has made more than 100 million yuan, according to China Daily.
The movie is about a father who turns his daughters i 103 great wrestlers(摔跤手) . It is based upon the story of former Indian wrestler Mahavir Phogat. Famous Indian actor Aamir Khan, 52, plays the father.
Indian movies often include lots of singing and dancing. But Dangal is d 104 . As Yahoo said, the sport story shows gender stereotypes (性别歧视) and a complex(复杂的) father-daughter relationship. There are so many moments that may m 105 you want to cry. In the movie, when the father t 106 his daughters to wrestle, people in the village all laugh at him. Above all, f 107 girls did this sport at that time. But the father keeps teaching them. He even l 108 home and goes to his daughters’ city to train them. “It makes me think of my father, and his selfless love for us,” a Chinese audience member told Hindustan Times.
The daughters’ success shows that “girls are as g 109 as boys”. It’s the movie’s theme, as Hindustan Times said. And it attracts(吸引) m 110 of Chinese fans. “It is like the story of a Chinese village girl becoming an Olympic champion,” said Tan Zheng, editor of Film Art magazine.
业余生活 大部分业余时间听音乐，看电视，上网玩游戏 在老师的帮助下，意识到……， 阅读，锻炼
礼仪 举止不文明，乱扔垃圾，在公共场所大声喧哗 举止文明，力行环保，受到表扬（praise）
爱心 不关心他人，零用钱用来…… 了解到贫困地区的孩子上不起学，把零用钱捐给希望工程
Hello, everyone. I’m Simon. Back to the life in the last year, I think I have changed a lot and made great progress(进步) in some ways.
Thank you for listening !
一、 听力（共25小题; 每小题1分，计25分）
1—5AACAA 6—10CACCB 11—15CBCAB 16—20ACACB 21— 25 CABAA
二、单项选择 (共15小题; 每题1分，计15分）
26—30 BBDAD 31—35BBDAB 36—40BDAAC
三、完型填空 （共15小题; 每题1分，计15分）
41—45 ABACD 46—50 ABCBD 51—55 BACAB
四、阅读理解 (共15小题; 每题2分，计30分)
56—60 CACAD 61—65 DBBCC 66—70 BADDA
五、词汇运用 （共l5小题; 每小题l分，计l5分）
A.71.separate 72. carelessly 73. backgrounds 74. International 75.especially
B.76.heroes 77.the most meaningful 78.themselves 79.has handed 80. mending/ to be mended 81.second 82.Students’ 83.shopping 84.noisily 85. has been translated
六、任务型阅读 （共10小题, 每空1分，计10分）
86. between 87.care 88.polite 89.serious 90.parents
91. alone/locked 92. lie 93. creating/building 94. used 95.brave
96. In a cold winter.
97. To support the family.
98. He stopped her.
99. To get the room warmer.
100. By reading his diary. / She read the diary.
八、短文填空 （共10小题, 每空1分，计 10分）
101.popular 102. came 103.into 104. different 105. make
106.teaches/ trains 107. few 108. leaves 109. good/ great 110. millions
Hello, everyone. I’m Simon. Back to the life in the last year, I think I have changed a lot and made great progress(进步) in some ways.
First, I spent most of my free time listening to music, watching TV and playing computer games. Luckily, with my teacher’s help, I have realized that it’s meaningless to do so. And now I try to spend my free time reading and doing exercise.
Second, I was an impolite boy before. I often dropped litter everywhere and shouted loudly in the public place. Now, I can behave politely. I always try to go green and I am praised by my teacher and parents.
Third , I cared little about others in the past. I always spent my pocket money on things like snacks, CDs and so on. But now I donate my pocket money to Project Hope because I have learnt that children in poor areas can’t afford to go to school. I want to give them a helping hand.
I’m sure I can be better and better in Grade 9.
Thanks for your listening!
1. W: Did Henry go to Nanjing by plane?
M: No, he said that was too expensive. He took a bus.
2. M: The cinema is new and modern.
W: Look at the signs. There are many doors for people to get out.
3. W: My family used to watch TV together at weekends, what about you?
M: I used to play football.
4. M: We have collected some information about international charities. Look at this sign.
W: It means it can help blind people to see again.
5. W: Excuse me! Can you show me the way to the nearest restaurant?
M: Yes. It is over there. It’s only 15 minutes’ walk.
6. W: How much does this yellow shirt cost?
M: It’s very cheap, madam. It’s only 40 yuan, half the price of that white one.
7. M: Would you like orange juice or apple juice?
W: Neither. I’d just like some water, please.
8. M: Hello, Alice! Why didn’t you go to the movies with me last night?
W: Oh, I was very busy.
M: What did you do then?
W: I did my homework.
9. M: How much are these apples?
W: 5 dollars.
M: OK. Here is the money.
W: Thank you very much! Welcome next time. Goodbye.
10. W: Excuse me, is there anybody sitting here?
M: No, madam. Well, I’ll just move my bag. You can sit here.
W: Thank you very much!
M: You’re welcome!
M: Hello! This is Tom speaking. Could I speak to Jack, please?
W: Sorry, Jack is out at the moment. This is Mrs Brown. May I help you?
M: That’s very kind of you. Would you please tell Jack we will have a party this Sunday
W: Oh, a party on Sunday morning. OK, I’ll tell him as soon as he comes back.
M: Thank you, Mrs Brown. Goodbye!
M: Hi, Mary. Did you hear what happened to Peter?
W: No, what’s wrong with him?
M: His leg was broken.
W: Really? How did it happen?
M: A car hit him while he was riding across the street.
W: Oh, my god! That’s really terrible.
M: Yes, he has to stay in hospital for a few weeks.
W: Sorry to hear that. I hope he’ll get better soon.
W: How’s your life in Britain?
M: Well, it’s quite busy and exciting. Every day I have to get up early in the morning to attend my lessons in Oxford University.
W: Do you have any homework in the evening?
M: Well, I have to finish all my school work in the day. Because I have a part time job in a restaurant and I have to work there at night.
W: Do you like your job in the restaurant?
M: Not really, but I have to do it because everything is so expensive there and I have to get some money to support myself.
听第一篇短文，回答第18—20题。请根据短文内容, 选择正确答案, 完成信息记录表。
Life in the past was different from what it is now. There was only a big old radio in my family house. In the morning, my grandpa listened to the news on it. I often listened to English on it. But now, my grandpa has a new radio. It’s small and he can put it in his pocket when he goes out. I have a big computer to learn English and download popular songs.
WWF’s goal is to save the world’s environment. The organization was started on 11 September, 1961. In the beginning, WWF worked to save the world’s wildlife. Now, it works to save the earth and its environment.
WWF has many tasks. One is to stop air pollution. Pollution from industry and cars is harmful to our environment. Each year more and more trees are cut down so WWF tries to protect the earth’s forests. Also WWF is interested in saving all plants and animals. As people use more land, many animals and plants are losing their homes or die. WWF can buy important areas to protect the land from human development.
WWF has completed many projects. In China, WWF works to save the pandas from disappearance. In South America, It works to save the Amazon Rainforest.Volunteers and donations help WWF complete its work. WWF’s work is important to our environment. It’s important for people to help them with time and money.