Unit 2 Books
Lesson 5 The book club
Ask Ss to discuss the genres of the books they usually reads
1.Let students make conversation about their reading habit in pairs.
A: Do you like reading?
A: What kind of books do you like to read?
B: I like reading … .
A: How often do you read?
B: I read every night before sleeping.
2. Get students to tell their opinions on the importance of reading to their partners.
1. Let students read the opinions represents in the text on Page 20.
2. Match the quotations with the meanings.
Step4. New words
Teach the strange words appearing in the text.
well-known advantage depend on inspire
1.Listen and answer: What are they talking about?
Listen and tick the quotations that are mentioned.
2.Listen again and answer the questions in the slide.
3.Listen again and choose the best answer in exercise 5.
4.Let students think over the reason why they use the quotations in the dialogue.
1.Read the listening material with the recorder.
2.Read the listening material aloud together.
3.Match the words with their corresponding meanings.
4. Fill in the blanks according to the memory.
5. Use the learned words to complete sentences.
6. Let students fill in the information table orally in pairs.
Step7. Language points
1. inspiring adj. 鼓舞人心的;有激励作用的
inspire v. 鼓舞； 激励； 赋予灵感； 启迪
2. rather adv. 宁愿/不愿；宁可/宁可不
3. form v. 形成； 构成； 组织； 塑造
form a habit 形成习惯
1. Let students find the following expressions in their books.
2. Ask students to ask and answer about these quotations, using the expressions in Ex. 6.
3. Students make dialogues in pairs, using the expressions above.
1.Write down the dialogue you had made in class about the quotations.
2.Write down your ideas about reading based on Ex. 8.