人教版高中英语必修一unit1 reading 教案
Teaching Contents: The lesson is a passage about Anne's Best Friend
(1) Students are able to find out the main idea and the details of the passage.
(2) Students can learn some background about Would War ll
(1) By reading the passage, students' reading ability of skimming and scanning can be improved.
(1) After the class, students can cherish peace.
Teaching Key and Difficult Points:
(1) Teaching key point: Students can find the main about the passage and list some details.
(1) Teaching difficult point: Students can train their reading skill and they can use this topic in their daily life.
(1) The teacher will give a VCR about the tragic life of the Jews during Would War ll
(Justification: VCR can give Students a more intuitive feeling. Though watching VCR, they can know what they will learn in this class and their curiosity will be stimulated.)
The teacher will ask Students to read the whole passage quickly to get the main idea, then ask someone to share it with the whole class.
(Justification: To help Students understand this passage in short time so that they can improve their Skimming skill.)
The teacher will ask Student to read the passage again finish the blank:
1. Anne kept a diary because
2. She felt very lonely because
3. They had to hide because
4. Anne named her diary Kitty because
After that, ask them to discuss the following questions :
question1: About how long had Anne and her family been in the hiding place when she wrote this part of her diary?
question2: How did Anne feel about nature before she and her family hid away?
question3: Why do you think her feelings changed towards nature?
question4: Why did Anne no longer just like looking at nature out of the window?
(Justification: Filling in the blank can help Students understand the passage better. The discussion can not cultivate their cooperation sense but also stimulate their imagination.)
Step3 : Post-reading
In this step, the teacher will invite two of them to narrate the passage in his or her own words standing on the platform.
(Justification: Standing on the platform can give them much more confidence in expressing them. Narrating in their own words can train their concluding ability and deepen their impression of the content of this class. )
(2) Group Work
Teacher give Students some questions: Imagine you have to go into hiding like Anne and her family. What would you miss most? Why? Add students can first dicuss them in groups, give their own opinions and choose a member to present their opinions to the whole class.
(Justification: This step will pratice student's ability of speaking anf develop their spirit of cooperating with others.)
Step4 : Summary and Homework
Summary: The teacher summarizes what they have learnt in this class.
Homework: Read the passage fluently and oay attention these important words.
(Justification: Students can review and consolidate what they have learnt in this class. )