来源 莲山 课件 w w
w.5 Y k J.cOM 一、选择题
1．—Does he work hard at his lessons?
—Yes, he ________ no effort, as far as I know.
【解析】 选C 句意：“他学习努力吗？”“是的，据我所知，他不遗余力地学习。”固定短语spare no effort(to do sth.)“不遗余力(做某事)”。
2．Most restaurants and cafes have ________ small nosmoking areas but won't enforce the law.
A．set aside B．set out
C．set down D．set off
【解析】选A 句意：大多数餐厅和咖啡馆没有执行法律而是留出了小的无烟区。set aside“留出”，符合句意。set out“动身”；set down“记下，登记”；set off“出发，动身”。
3．The situation in the country is ________， yet we are still concerned about its future.
A．coming up B．drying up
C．breaking up D．picking up
4．His confident words have ________ our doubts about how the plan will be carried out.
A．brought in B．taken up
C．cut in D．cleared up
【解析】选D 句意：他自信的言语消除了我们对如何实施这个计划的疑虑。clear up“清除，解释，澄清，(天气)转晴”，符合句意。bring in“引进，生产，增加”；take up“拿起，开始从事(新工作等)，占据(时间，地方)”；cut in“插话，(突然)强行超车”。
5．Look before you leap! Why not ________ the advantages against the risks before you start?
6．I've visited a lot of different places and stayed in lots of different hotels, but none of them ________ this one.
7．Our school has ________ a very good reputation depending on the affection atmosphere and advanced teaching approaches during the past 60 years.
A．picked out B．looked into
C．worked out D．built up
8．Mandela, described by his own people as a great leader with a fine strategic mind________ on December 5, 2013 at the age of 95, leaving the world.
A．passed on B．passed down
C．passed by D．passed away
【解析】选D 由leaving the world可知，D项符合句意，pass away“去世”。pass on“传递，传给”；pass down“(世代)相传，传下来”；pass by“过去，逝去”。
9．It is reported that a similar technique can be ________ to the treatment of cancer.
10． When I was chatting with her on the mobile phone, the battery ________ dead suddenly.
11.The TV Dwelling Narrowness(《蜗居》)is really fantastic.The show has succeeded in (get across) much to the audience，which has contributed to its success.
12. Considering his health，I advise him to (set aside) an hour or two each day to work out.
13. Mary often does some translation work to earn extra money，which (accout for) half of her income.
14. “Judging the voice, and not the appearance” makes the show—The Voice of China (stand out) from the numerous other reality shows in China.
15.I don't know why he (break off) in the middle of a sentence.
【解析】broke off 中断，突然停止。句意：我不知道他为什么话只说了一半就停止。
16. He was about to do his homework when an unusual noise (arrest) his attention.
17. It is bad manners to (拒绝) an invitation without a reason.
18. Fully (absorb) in preparing for the coming exam，she no longer has time to enjoy the various activities in her neighborhood.
19. He was driving home on the highway last night when a policeman stopped him and (accuse) him of speeding.
20. That hero who died in the war was so brave that he never (give in) to the enemies until death.
来源 莲山 课件 w w
w.5 Y k J.cOM