课 题 8上 Unit 1 Comic strip & Welcome to the unit 课 型 New teaching
教 具 A Tape- recorder multimedia 总课时数 1 完成时间 8.30
教学方法 task-based teaching 主 备 人 ZhangXizhi 授课时间 9.2
1. To learn about the new adjectives and expressions
2. To describe the appearance and character of a friend with adjectives
3 .To talk about the appearance and character
Let the students talk about their friends happily. 教学重点难点 some more what about= how about nothing else make sb. + 形容词
something to drink/eat
numbers + more else
教 学 活 动 内 容 活 动 组 织 过 程 改 笔
T: Hello everyone, glad to see you again! Did you have a nice summer holiday? Are you happy to be back to school and see all your friends?
Ss talk about their summer holidays.
T: This summer holiday I went to Australia with some of your classmates and friends. We took a lot of photos. Would you like to have a look?
Show the pictures and introduce some places of interest and animals in Australia.
T: Look, we took a photo with this famous man--- Batman. He's a hero and people's good friend because he helps people in danger. Do you agree? What do you think of him?
Ss talk about Batman with the adjectives describing appearance and personality, such as friendly, helpful, kind, polite, clever, brave, etc.
Step 2 Presentation
T: There are some more words to describe people. For example, we can say Batman is good-looking. But we never say he's beautiful! We don't use beautiful to describe a boy or a man. If someone likes music or is good at music, we say he or she is musical.
Teach "good-looking" and "musical".
Step 3 Practice
1. Play a guessing game. Ss describe their best friends in the class and guess who are talked about.
2. T: Just now we heard some of the students talk about their best friends. Could you tell me which words are used most often?
Ss: friendly, helpful, polite…
T: So these are very important qualities of a best friend, do you think so? What other qualities are important to you?
Ss complete the table in Part B, P7. Then work in pairs to exchange their ideas and have a debate.
Sentences may be used:
I think my good friend should be very … because…
I agree. / I don't agree with you because …
It's quite important for a friend to be …? Do you think so?
I don't think my good friend must be very …
3. T: Why do you think he/she is your best friend? What makes him/her so special to you? Can you talk to him/her about anything? Do you talk to him/her when you have problems? Do you believe what he/she says? When you are happy or sad, do you talk to him/her? Why?
Teach "sad", "believe", "honest" and "joy".
Ss complete Part A, P7 and report individually.
4. T explains some language points.
Step 4 Presentation
1. T: How old is your best friend? What about you?
Ss: 15/16 …
T: So you are teenagers. We call children between 13 and 19 teenagers.
T: We have a good friend, Eddie. Is he a teenager?
2. T: Who's Eddie's good friend? Why?
T plays the tape of the Comic strip and Ss try to find out the answer to the question.
(Hobo is Eddie's good friend because they always share things with each other.)
3. Ss read the Comic strip and answer the questions:
(1) What does Eddie give Hobo?
(2) What does Hobo want?
(3) Do you think Eddie is a true friend? Why?
4. Ss read the dialogue in pairs.
5. T explains some language points.
Step 5 Practice
1. Ss act out the dialogue and they are encouraged to add in something they like.
2. Discuss: Who do you like better as a friend, Eddie or Hobo? Why?
3. Ss work in pairs to ask and answer about their good friends.
A model dialogue:
A: Who's your good friend?
A: What's he/she like?
A: What do you think of your friend?
A: What makes him/her so special to you?
B: … Can you tell me something about your good friend?
Step 6 Summarize
T: Today we have learned some important qualities about a good friend. It seems that we all think appearance is not so important, but a friend should be helpful and honest. And I hope everyone can be like that and you will have more friends.
Step 7 Homework
1. Describe a good friend of yours with the words and phrases learnt in this lesson.
2. Finish the Workbook exercises.
Talk about the Ss’ friends like this:
A:Who is your friend like?
A:What’s he like?
I think he/she is..
Listen and answer.
Act it out.
Do the exercises.
Ask and answer.
To get the Ss to talk about their summer holidays.
To talk about the best friends with some qualities.
Like :good-looking, friendly, helpful, polite….
work in pairs to exchange their ideas and have a debate.
Listen and answer.
Learn the word:teenager.
Read the dialogue between Eddie and Hobber.
Ask and answer in pairs.
课堂达标 （一） 单项选择
( )1. I’m going to them something about our new school.
A. say B. tell C. talk D. speak
( )2. ---Which word can’t describe (描述) appearance（外貌）? ---___________.
A. Helpful B. Beautiful C. Pretty D.Good-looking
( )3. ---Where _____ will you go, children?
---Let’s go to Yangzhou, a nice and modern city.
A. place B. other C. else D. the other
( )4. What do you think your friend so special?
A. makes B. to make C. making D. make
( )5. I found helpful of you to give your seat to someone in need on the bus.
A. that B. that was C.that is D. it
1、A. 你想来些喝的吗？ B. 不，谢谢。
板书设计 8上 Unit 1 Friends Welcome to the unit
1 some more food 再一些食物
2 what about= how about .....怎么样？
3 nothing else 再没有东西
4 make somebody happy 使某人开心
5 share one's joy 分享某人的欢乐 share sth. with sb.与某人分享某物
6 make sb. + 形容词
7 Can I have something to drink, please? 请问，我可以喝些东西吗？
something to drink/eat 一些喝/吃的东西
8There's nothing else in the fridge. 冰箱里面再没有东西了.
这是一个there be 句型，不可用there have/has 来表示有
else接在something 和nothing 的后面，表示“还，再”的意思。
9 what about the pizza in your bowl ? 你碗里的披萨怎么样？
What about= how about用于询问对方的意见，后接名词或者动名词
教 后 反 思 （上节课存在问题的解决情况、本课教学经验或问题描述、存在问题的原因分析、提出改进措施）
这一课时 从Eddie和Hobo对话的结尾处为导入本单元及本课时的话题起到了一个辅垫，引出做为朋友的好的品质。在接下来的welcome to the unit中通过partA与part B的练习加深了学生对朋友品质的了解和看法，为后面的学习开了个好头.